Unwell

Another Beginning: When I Meet You

-ANOTHER BEGINNING: CHAPTER 22- 

 


 

It’s been three months since our wedding day. We’ve back to our daily activities. I work in the office, taking care the mall. Youngjae is teaching. And Yugyeom is back to his school life after a long holiday. In a month, we will have our Yugyeom’s sixth birthday.
 
Now, since Yugyeom is aware about his birthday, he keeps telling us to hurry having a little brother for him.
 
“Mommy… I want a little brother as the present for my birthday. I want him.” he whines loudly every morning, making Youngjae feel guilty.
 
Youngjae has been consulting with Nichkhun hyung for several times. Although Nichkhun hyung said that Youngjae is fine, but Youngjae can’t help but getting a little bit stress about this matter. Youngjae is the type that can’t reject any wish, more over Yugyeom’s wish.
 
And one night, he told me about this matter and about the problem that maybe he had since he still doesn’t pregnant till now even though we keep struggling to have it.

 


 

Now, I am in the office, resuming my work. I’ve got so many works to do, if I don’t finish it soon, I am afraid that it will be like mountains later. I’ve been coming home late for a week and it makes me crazy since I can’t spend so many times with Youngjae and Yugyeom like before.
 
I should take Yugyeom to the dancing class, but since I have some deadline, I called Jackson and Mark to take him with them, along with Jimin and Yerin. Every morning, as I take Yugyeom to school, Yugyeom always said that he miss me because I didn’t have so much time with him. I don’t deny it. 
 
These works sometimes makes me crazy and Youngjae always said that I have to enjoy it. We can always spend time together in the weekend, which is I can’t. I should work too in the weekend and Youngjae along with Yugyeom will come to the office to accompany me. I am really glad to have them.
 
I am reviewing some reports when my phone rings. I put off my glasses and pen, massaging my tired eyes and head. I pick the phone without looking at the caller ID.
 
“Hello? Jaebum-sshi?” There is male’s voice on the other line.
 
“Yes?” I don’t sure who is it so I look at my phone and see Youngjae’s name on it.
 
“Youngjae-ah?” I call my wife’s name.
 
“Jaebum-sshi. I am—” his voice is interrupted by Youngjae’s voice, “Hyung, please… don’t call him. Hyung.”
 
“Who is this?” I confusedly ask. Why this person has Youngjae's phone?
 
“Sorry. I am Lee Junho, Youngjae’s colleague in school.”
 
“Yes? Where is Youngjae? Why do you have his phone? And I think I heard his voice.”
 
“Woo… easy there. Youngjae is in school. I just want to ask if you can pick him up now, because he isn’t feeling well. He doesn’t want to go home even though the principal give him permission.”
 
“What? Is he okay?”
 
“He isn’t, I told you. Just be here as soon as possible. He is in the school’s health care.” Then the phone is up.
 
I immediately take my key and phone and dashing to Youngjae’s school. He isn’t feeling well since a few days ago, but he keeps it and telling me that he is okay. I sigh. 
 
I drive there as soon as possible. Arriving at the school, I directly head to the health care which I find Youngjae on the bed.
 
“Baby!” I call him a bit loud, walking closer to him.
 
He looks at me, grinning apologetically, “H-honey…”
 
“What are you? If you are sick, why don’t you say so? You should have just rest at home. You should have told me. Baby.” I keep ranting as I worried about him. He pouts.
 
I sigh, “I am sorry. I just worry about you. Are you okay?” I ask him in softer tone, caressing his head.
 
“Oh, Jaebum-shi! You came!” someone enters the room and immediately stand beside me.
 
“He’s been sick since this morning. Don’t you know?” he accuses me. I am taken a back a little, who the hell is he.
 
I think my expression is enough for him to know my mind as he says, “Oh, sorry. I am Lee Junho. The one who called you earlier.”
 
“Hyung…” Youngjae calls him. I look at him.
 
“What? Now, you have to go home and take a good rest, Youngjae-ah. Don’t come until you’re good. Understand?” he tells Youngjae with an authority in his voice. I wonder what their relationship is.
 
“You must be confused. Youngjae and I has been friend since the first time he came to this school. He is my little brother. Oh, and by the way, congratulation on your wedding. Sorry, I couldn’t come. I’ve got something to do overseas.” He tells me. I guess he really likes to talk.
 
I clear my throat, “Ehem… so, let’s get you home now, baby. I’ll help you.” 
 
I help Youngjae to walk, but he is too weak. So, I force him to hop on my back, piggy back him. He keeps muttering about how embarrassing it is. But, I don’t care.

 


 

When we arrive at home, I immediately tug Youngjae to sleep. He really needs his rest. I feel guilty since I don’t pay attention to him. I stay for the rest of the day, making him porridge.
 
“Baby… Wake up. I made you porridge. Eat first then drink your medicine.” He wakes up and eats the porridge, but it’s not even half. I can’t force him, so I help him to drink his medicine and tug him to sleep again.
 
Soon, when Youngjae is sleeping, Yugyeom comes home. Jackson and Mark drop him off and I thank them because I have caused a fuss for them, even though they didn’t mind a bit.
 
“Appa? Where is mommy?” he asks me as soon as he enters home.
 
“He is sleeping. He isn’t feeling well, baby.”
 
“What? Mommy~” Yugyeom immediately runs to my room and sits beside the sleeping Youngjae.
 
“He has fever, Appa.” Yugyeom put his hand on Youngjae’s head. I join him to sit beside Youngjae.
 
“I know. He has drunk his medicine. He will be okay, baby. Don’t worry. Why don’t you take shower and change your clothes. Then, you can help me making dinner. How?” I pick Yugyeom up and help him take shower and change him to the new clothes.
 
When we are cooking in the kitchen, Youngjae comes, stumbling a bit on the way. I immediately help him to sit on the chair. Yugyeom approach him.
 
“Mommy… Are you okay?” he takes Youngjae’s hand with his little hand.
 
“I am, sweety. Don’t worry.” Youngjae answers him weakly.
 
“Let’s eat.” I serve the foods. After eating for a while, Youngjae suddenly covering his mouth and running to bathroom. I and Yugyeom follow him behind. He throws up almost all the foods.
 
After he empties his stomach, I quickly help him to the room, but he refuses, “I want to stay in the living room with you and Yugyeom, honey. Please?” I look at him, making sure that he is fine. He smiles at me, assuring me.
 
“But, mom…” Yugyeom wants to protest, but gets cut by Youngjae, “I am okay, baby. Let me help you with your homework. Hm?” 
 
Sometimes, Youngjae is so stubborn. We can’t defeat him. So, I and Yugyeom help him to the living room. I make the couch comfortable for him to lay down. At first, he refused to lay down, but I force him to do so as I help Yugyeom with his homework.
 
After finishing his homework, Yugyeom taps my hand, “Appa, I am sleepy.” He yawns several times. I chuckle, looking at him rubbing his eyes cutely.
 
“Let’s change to your pajamas and clean your feet and hands first.” 
 
“Wait!” Youngjae grabs my hand as he lifts his body.
 
“Let me kiss you first, baby.” He says. Yugyeom is more than glad to run towards Youngjae’s embrace. He kisses Yugyeom on the forehead and cheeks.
 
“I am sorry, I can’t accompany you to sleep, baby.”
 
Yugyeom shakes his head, “No, mommy. You should rest too. I am a big boy now, so I will be fine to sleep alone.” He grins widely.
 
“Alright. It’s getting late, baby. Let’s hurry to sleep.” I pick Yugyeom up and look down at Youngjae, “Wait a moment, okay.” I kiss Youngjae’s forehead briefly. 
 
After Yugyeom’s sleeping, I join Youngjae on the couch. Youngjae lay down on his back with his head on my tights. I caress his hair.
 
“Are you feeling better?” I ask him, still worry about his condition. He still looks pale after all.
 
He looks up at me, smiling, “I am. Don’t worry.”
 
“Let’s get to the doctor tomorrow, baby. I am worry about you. You’ve been constantly throwing up all the foods and getting dizzy all the time. I will accompany you tomorrow. Okay?” I ask him, holding his hands.
 
He nods, “I don’t know why, but I feel weak these few days. And…” he trails off as he squishing my hands.
 
“And what, baby? Tell me?” 
 
“And… I’ve been missing you, honey. I don’t know, suddenly I just want you to stay by my side for all the times.” He looks at me with teary eyes. I still don’t know about his sudden mood change.
 
“I miss you too. I am sorry that I’ve been so caught up with my works and you feel like I ignore you or something. I am sorry.” I apologize as I stare at his eyes. He smiles, nodding understandly.
 
“It was okay actually. It’s just… you know… there is time when I just missing you even though you are here by my side. I always want to see you even when I am seeing you. I don’t know what kind of feeling this is. I just know that I need you more. And I am afraid that I will be greedier about you, honey.” He closes his eyes for a while and there is a single tear running down on his cheek. I whip away that tear and pull him up so I can hug him.
 
He immediately respons to the hug, “Hug me like this again. I love being in your embrace like this, honey. Your heartbeats are calming me down. I love you so much.” He says, voice muffled on my chest. I hug him tighter. I don’t know why, but I have a feeling that Youngjae is being different now. Still Youngjae, but a bit different. He is more emotional, I think.
 
“I love you too. Please, get better soon, baby.” I pull from the hug and kiss him sweetly. Youngjae breaks the kiss to hug me again. In the end, I pick him to the room and let him cuddle till we fall asleep.

 


 

 

The next day, I walk Yugyeom to his school and once again he said that he wants a little brother as his present. I intentionally didn’t wake Youngjae up because I know that he must be tired enough from teaching since it’s getting closer to the national competition, and about Yugyeom’s wish. Beside he wasn’t feeling well yesterday. I have to accompany him to the hospital today and I have arranged the schedule with Nichkhun hyung.
 
I walk in to the apartment to wake Youngjae up, but I can’t find him in the room. 
 
“Baby… Where are you?” I call him worriedly because he didn’t contact me if he would go somewhere.
 
“Here, h-hon…” his voice rings from the bathroom. He couldn’t finish his words as the sound of someone throwing up reaches my ear. I immediately go to the bathroom and find Youngjae is worn out. He whips away a little trace of vomit in his side of lips. I walk closer to him, rubbing his neck, massaging it lightly. And Youngjae vomits again.
 
“Baby…” I say worriedly as I keep massaging his shoulder and neck as he emptying his stomach.
 
“I… I am okay. Just feeling a little unwell, honey.” He weakly says as he rinses his mouth and the sink. I pull him to my embrace, feeling his body and forehead as he wince in pain.
 
“You are burning in fever again, baby. Let’s go to the room.” I pick him up and put him carefully on the bed. I am about to go to the kitchen to take water and medicine when I feel a weak grip on my hand.
 
“H-honey… Don’t go.” he mumbles as his eyes closed. I come closer to him, holding his hand tightly.
 
“I feel dizzy.” He says. I run my hand to caress his head lightly.
 
“I will inform the school about your condition, baby.” I take my phone and dialing the number, telling his friend, Junho, that Youngjae is absent due to sick. Then, I call my secretary to email me the report of the meeting since I can’t go to office today.
 
Youngjae falls asleep and I remember that he hasn’t had his breakfast this morning. I let a sigh and kiss him lightly before turning to the kitchen to make some porridge.
 
I return to the room and find Youngjae trembling. I put my hand on his forehead. His fever seems increasing and I can see some sweat forming on his forehead. I tell myself not to panic as I shake his body lightly.
 
“Baby… Wake up. I made you porridge. Eat first, baby…” I attempt to wake him up. He stirs a bit before open his eyes. He stares at me weakly. His lips and face isn’t colored. It’s all pale.
 
“Baby… I will feed you, okay? You have to eat and drink medicine.” I help him to lift his body a little so he can lean on the headboard of our bed. I feed him slowly. He said that he needs his time to take the foods.
 
It isn’t about half bowl when he covering his mouth and running to the bathroom to throw up again. I follow him behind and watching him in pain making me feel in pain too.
 
“Baby… let’s go to the doctor. I am worry about you.” I say as I help him back to the room. He is about to say something when he suddenly faint in my arms. I begin to panic since no one helps me.
 
“Baby… baby… wake up… oh my God… what should I do? Baby… Youngjae-ah… Jae… baby… wake up… come on… honey…” I mutter some random words.
 
When my mind begins crazily thinking, I quickly take my keys and phone, then pick Youngjae up to the car and drive him to the hospital. I meet Nichkhun hyung there and he immediately gets a room for Youngjae. 
 
I wait impatiently in front of the room, unable to clear my mind and heart as I worried about Youngjae. Suddenly, the clock in the hospital rings as the sign that it’s been midday. I remember Yugyeom, but I can’t leave Youngjae. So, I dial Jinyoung’s number.
 
“Hello?” he picks the phone.
 
“Jinyoung-ah… I am sorry for disturbing you, but can you pick Yugyeom from his school now? I am in the hospital now—”
 
Jinyoung freaks out as the word hospital slipped from my mouth, “What, hyung? Hospital? Are you okay?” he suddenly worrying about me.
 
“It’s not me. It’s Youngjae. He fainted a while ago and I brought him here. I am so worry about him because he gradually feeling unwell since a few days ago.” I sigh.
 
“Oh my God! Is he okay now?”
 
“Nichkhun hyung is examining him. I am outside the room now. So, Jinyoung-ah… can you do the favor for me?”
 
“Okay, hyung. I will pick Yugyeom. But, should I bring him there or to my home first?”
 
“You can bring him here since he will question about me or his mom.” 
 
“Okay. Hope Youngjae is okay.” Jinyoung hangs up.
 
I take and let a long sigh. I am about to sit on the nearby chair when Nichkhun hyung come out the room. I immediately walk closer to him, blocking his way.
 
“Oh, Jae-ah. Here you are.” He says, smiling.
 
“How about Youngjae, hyung? Is he okay?” I immediately ask him. 
 
I look at Youngjae who lies on the bed from the slightly open door. “Hyung?” Nichkhun hyung closes the door.
 
“Let’s talk in my room? Youngjae needs his rest.” Nichkhun hyung walks pass me, doesn’t really give me time to think. I follow him to his room. It’s been a while since my last time coming here with Youngjae, maybe around one and half month ago.
 
“Well, Jaebum-ah… it’s been a while since our last meeting, right?” he says nicely which I nod.
 
He still smiles when he ordered me to sit. “Let say… that I have two news for you about Youngjae.”
 
“What are those, hyung?” I ask, sounded a bit impatient.
 
“There is a bad news. And the good news.” He pauses, making me more nervous.
 
“I will go with the good news first. Youngjae is pregnant. He is in his fourth week now.”
 
“What, hyung? Really?” I gasp in shock and asking him for certainty.
 
Nichkhun hyung nods, “Yes, Jae… however…” he trails off. I know that he will inform me the bad news now.
 
“… however, the bad news is… this pregnancy is more difficult for him. I don’t know why, but I know that he has been gradually stressed out now. Am I right?” he asks me. I look at him, nodding, because yes… Youngjae is under stress right now.
 
Nichkhun hyung lets a sigh, “Jaebum-ah… I’ve told you, right, that this pregnancy is too risk for him. I really hope that you can protect him better. He will be weaker from now until he passed his first period. During this period, he will throw up often and feeling dizzy. He will be weak.
 
So, I have to make sure that you will always stay by his side and protect him. He can’t be too tired and stress, Jaebum-ah. It will affect so much for him and his baby. Do you understand?” Nichkhun hyung kindly reminds me to be a better husband for Youngjae.
 
“I… I understand, hyung. And… did Youngjae know about his pregnancy?” I ask.
 
“Yes, he did. He asked about you when he woke up. I told him then and he was so happy about it. I have reminded him too about the risk and he understood it well because it wasn’t really different with Yugyeom’s. He is sleeping now. He kept asking about you. Well… if you don’t have any question, I allow you to stay with him.”
 
“Uhm… Yugyeom will come too, hyung. Can he join us?”
 
“Of course. And I would like you to have a hearty talk with your son, Jae, about his mother’s condition. Make him understand. Okay?” I nod and quickly walking out the room to Youngjae’s room.
 
I take a seat on the chair next to the bed. I take his hand and watching him sleeping peacefully. I can’t help myself as I run my hand to his belly where I can feel a little bump on it and there is light and weak heartbeats there.
 
“Hey, baby… It’s appa. You have to be strong for your mommy, okay. Be a good boy there. I can’t wait to see you. Appa will protect you and your mom. So, don’t worry.” I whisper above the belly. I caress it lightly as I feel Youngjae shifts on his bed.
 
I look at him who letting a sigh before continuing his sleep. I give him some kisses on his face: his forehead, his eyes, his nose, his cheeks, his chin, his jawline, and his lips. I kiss him again and again.
 
“Be strong, baby. I am always here for you. I will protect you and our little baby. I love you.” I softly say as I lightly kiss his lips again.

 


 

AN: I'll try to update more because I have idea for another 2Jae fanfic.

So, I will finish this fic soon. Fighting! ^^9

 

... tell me about this chapter... :)