Another Story

Another Beginning: When I Meet You

ANOTHER BEGINNING: CHAPTER 15 


 

It’s sunny Tuesday. I walk with Yugyeom, accompany him to meet Yerin and Jimin. Yerin and Jimin are practicing vocal in the small studio after school. Yugyeom has been excited since the night before.

 

*flashback*

“Appa… Appa… will you really accompany me to see Yerin and Jimin practicing?” Yugyeom asked in the middle of dinner time. Youngjae looked at me questionably. I haven’t told him about it.

 

“Yes. I have no work. So, I will accompany you, baby.” I answered him. Youngjae frowned.

 

“What, baby?” I asked him.

 

“You didn’t tell me about your plan with Yugyeom tomorrow.” He simply said, pouting.

 

“Mark called me this afternoon, telling me to tell Yugyeom that Yerin and Jimin has vocal practice tomorrow. And Yugyeom pleaded to me to accompany him.”

 

“Why you? I mean… I am his daddy… why he didn’t say anything to me?” Youngjae asked, staring at me and Yugyeom. But, Yugyeom was too busy to realize Youngjae’s question.

 

“Because I am his Appa, baby. Your husband-to-be.” I put a quote note on my words. He seemed taken a back before blushing.

 

“Oh, well… yeah… you are. Okay. Have fun tomorrow.” He said, leaving me and Yugyeom in the dining room.

 

"Why don't you come with us?" I trailed him behind with Yugyeom to the kitchen.

 

"Yes, daddy... come with us. come with us. Daddy... Daddy, come with us!" Yugyeom running towards him.

 

Youngjae shaked his head as he was washing the dishes. "No. I can't, baby." he says as he looks down at Yugyeom briefly.

 

"Why, daddy? Why?" Yugyeom was pouting.

 

"But, you have no teaching time tomorrow, baby." I insisted as I picked Yugyeom up.

 

"I can't, hyung. I have to go to school in the afternoon to give my students extra lesson."

 

I and Yugyeom pouted. He looked at us, chuckling, "Oh, please. We will have many times to spend together again later. So, just think it will be your date with Appa, baby." he says, pinching Yugyeom's nose and kissing my cheek. Then, he left us dumbfounded.

*end of flashback*

 

I and Yugyeom leave the home in the afternoon. Youngjae kept nagging that Yugyeom have to change his school uniform first before going to the studio. So, we didn’t directly head to the studio, but going home first to take lunch and changing Yugyeom’s clothes.

 

 “Appa! Apppppaaaa!!!” Yugyeom screams, cut me from my trail of mind.

 

“Yes, baby?”

 

“You’ve been day dreaming again, Appa.” He says, pouting.

 

“Oh, I am sorry, baby.”

 

We arrive at the studio in no time. One of the teachers greets us. Yugyeom immediately hide behind me. I chuckle at his submissive self, just like Youngjae.

 

“Baby… say your hello.”

 

“An-annyeonghaseyo. I am Im Yugyeom.” He shyly introduces himself to the teacher.

 

“Annyeong, Yugyeom-ah. Come in.” the teacher leads us to the building where we can find a small studio for dancing and singing.

 

“We would like to meet Baek Yerin and Park Jimin.” I inform the teacher who immediately lead us, “Yes, they are in the vocal class right now. This way.” We follow him, Yugyeom holds my hand tight. His steps stop in front of the room with loud music blasting through the slightly opened door.

 

I look at Yugyeom who look at awe, then the teacher opened the door wide so we can look at some student from all ages and genders dancing around.

 

“Here is the dancing class.” The teacher informs us. I squat down to manage my height with Yugyeom.

 

“Baby?” I take his hand and squish it. Yugyeom stares at me briefly. “Appa… dance…” he mumbles before darting his gaze to the room again. I understand his gesture.

 

“Do you want to sign in for the dance class, baby?” I ask him, he looks at me briefly before nodding. His eyes are shining brightly.

 

“Let’s talk with your daddy first, okay?” he nods again. Then we continue our journey to see Yerin and Jimin.

 

We arrive at the vocal class. The teacher leaves us and gives me his namecard if I ever interested to sign Yugyeom to the dance class.

 

If I ever blowed by the amazing voice, it must be Youngjae. But, no… this is the second time I am blowed by amazing voice, sctracth that, voices. And those voices are Yerin and Jimin. They are just kids, but so amazingly blowing my mind. And I can tell that Yugyeom is amazed by their voices too.

 

They finish their song and Yugyeom immediately run towards them, say his greeting and compliments to them.

 

“Your voice is daebak, Yerinie. And yours too, Jiminie.” He claps his hands in awe.

 

“Thank you,” Yerin shyly says, while Jimin throws her arm around Yugyeom’s shoulder, “So, do you want to hear more?” she boldly ask, making Yugyeom nods.

 

“I want. But, my Appa is with me.” I walk closer to them, “Hey, girls…”

 

“Hello, Uncle Jaebum.” They greets me.

 

“I come with Yugyeom to pick you up for a walk. Are you in, girls?” I ask as they cheer loudly, “Yes, Uncle! I want ice cream, Uncle!”

 

“And I am hungry!” Jimin exclaims excitedly, making us laugh.

 

“I am hungry too, Appa!”

 

“Okay, pack up your belongings girls. Let’s go!” we immediately go to the playground and buying them the ice cream. I am babysitting three kids who seem no bother with my presence. They keep talking to themselves and I can tell that Yugyeom adores Yerin so much, and Jimin knows it, so she teases Yugyeom and Yerin, making them blush.

 

“Ehem….” I clear my throat. Their chuckles die down.

 

“I think something is going on here.” I say as I pick Yugyeom to sit on my lap.

 

“Right, baby?” I ask him who look at me shyly. Yerin and Jimin chuckle.

 

“Uncle… Yugyeom and Yerin are—” Jimin tries to say something, but get cut by Yugyeom’s hand on .

 

“Yah! I told you not to tell anyone!” Yugyeom shouts at her. Yerin looks at him and Jimin confusedly.

 

“What did you told Jimin, Gyeom-ah?” Yerin asks curiously.

 

Yugyeom immediately looks down, mumbling, “No—nothing…”

 

I pinch his nose, “Hey, baby boy… you gotta tell me something, right? Man to man?” I say to him, lifting his chin up to face me. He looks at me cutely, smiling, before darting his eyes to Yerin then blushing. Jimin giggles beside me.

 

“You are so cute, Gyeom-ah…” she says between the giggles, making Yugyeom pouts.

 

“He is, right?” Yerin joins her, giggling. Now, a bright shade of red is obviously laying on Yugyeom’s face. I chuckle with them. Yugyeom is definitely like Youngjae when he is shy.

 

“Stop it…” Yugyeom mumbles. But, Jimin’s laugh only get louder as she begins to cry.

 

“I love seeing you so shy, Gyeommie! I am sorry…. Hahaha…” she says. Yerin joins her too even though she had no idea about what Jimin says. She is oblivious about this whole situation.

 

Yugyeom stomps annoyed as he climbs down my lap, taking Yerin’s hand and walking away, “Jiminie is so bad. She laughs at me. Come on, Yerinie… let’s play over there.”

 

Upon hearing this, Jimin’s laugh die down as she whines, “Where are you going? Yugyeomie… Yerinie… I am sorry… Yaaahh! Go together… wait me…” she keeps whining while running towards them. I watch them in a light heart, running one after another.

 

It’s almost night, so I drag the three of them to eat dinner before send Jimin and Yerin to Jackson and Mark's homes. While we are on the way to Mark’s home, Yugyeom says to Yerin, “Yerin-ah…  I want to sing with you. Alright?” He says it with a force a bit making Yerin jumps in surprise before nodding shyly.

 

Yugyeom seems so happy, “Promise?” he asks as he reaches out his pinky finger and Yerin takes it with his pinky fingers too, “Promise! And I will learn how to dance.” She cutely says. I can see Yugyeom blushing. I shake my head as I mentally noted to tell Youngjae about it.

 

After I send Yerin off, on the way home, I told Yugyeom that the playground he was playing with Jimin and Yerin is the playground where Youngjae had his first concert. He laughed so hard and said that he will ask Youngjae about it. Our journey to home is filled with Yugyeom’s excitedly telling me about the dancing class and the amazing voice Yerin and Jimin has.

 


 

 

We arrive at the home and Yugyeom immediately shouting, calling Youngjae.

 

“Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! Where are you? Daddy?” Yugyeom runs here and there searching for Youngjae.

 

“I am here, baby. In the bathroom.” Youngjae replies.

 

“What are you doing, daddy? I have story to be told! Come out… come out…” Yugyeom begins knocking on the door.

 

“I am showering, baby. Will be out in a few minutes.” Youngjae replies.

 

Yugyeom keeps knocking on the door, calling Youngjae over and over again. I walk towards him and pick him up. He fights me.

 

“APPAAAA!! Let me down! I want to meet daddy!” he hits me.

 

“Baby… let your daddy finish his shower first.” I put him down. Yugyeom crosses his hands above his chest.

 

“Appa is bad.” He picks out his tongue. I sigh.

 

“Hey, baby. What’s wrong?” Youngjae comes out from the bathroom with his bathrobe. Yugyeom immediately runs to him, pouting.

 

“Appa is bad, daddy. He didn’t let me see you.” he pouts.

 

“It’s not like that, Jae.” I defend myself.

 

“Yes, you were, Appa.” Yugyeom insists.

 

Youngjae let a sigh, “Enough, both of you. you’ve just come home after spending time together. I thought you’ll grow closer, but instead you fight against each other. What’s wrong, baby?” Youngjae put Yugyeom down.

 

“Daddy! I am sad right now, but you put me down. I want you to hug me, daddy… hug me…” Yugyeom clings to Youngjae’s bathrobe desperately. Youngjae sighs before picking Yugyeom’s up.

 

“I think you are sleepy, baby, because your mood is down now.” Youngjae says which I agree.

 

“I think he is, Jae.” Yugyeom glares at me before burying his head on Youngjae’s neck.

 

“Daddy…” he whines.

 

“I will accompany you till you sleep, baby. Let’s change your clothes.” Youngjae walks to the bedroom and close the door. I plop my body on the couch.

 

“But I have a story to tell, daddy…” I still hear Yugyeom’s whines.

 

“I will listen to your story, but it’s time for you to sleep. You have to go to school tomorrow.” Youngjae nags.

 

“Daddy is bad. You don’t want to hear my story, daddy.” Yugyeom still whines. I walk to the bedroom to find Youngjae changing Yugyeom in to his pajamas. Yugyeom is pouting.

 

“Appa and daddy are bad. Not loving me anymore!” Yugyeom is obviously sad.

 

“Hey. Don’t think like that, Gyeom-ah.” Youngjae scolds him again. And Yugyeom begins sniffling. Youngjae sighs as he pulls Yugyeom in to hug.

 

“I… I am not sleepy, daddy. I j-just want to…” Yugyeom’s bawling.

 

“Okay. Okay, I am sorry. Let me change in to pajamas first before joining you here, baby. Alright?” Youngjae whipes Yugyeom’s tears. Ever since coming back from Jeju Island, Yugyeom clings to Youngjae more. And he never hesitate to say that me and Youngjae don’t love him anymore. That will make Youngjae sad.

 

“I think you are tired and sleepy, baby.” I pat Yugyeom’s head when Youngjae go to the bedroom to change.

 

“Baby…” I softly call him, making him sits in my lap. Yugyeom is still sniffling.

 

“Baby… please, don’t ever say that words again. Daddy is always sad if you say those words. Me too. Because we really love you. don’t you already know that we love you?” I softly trying to make Yugyeom understand. He looks at me, staring hard at me.

 

“You want to be a good boy, right?” He nods.

 

“I… I… am s-sorry, Ap-paaa… I won’t s-say it again.” he mumbles. I feel like scolding him too much.

 

“It’s okay. I am sorry too. We are alright, baby?” he nods, hugging me tightly.

 

“I love you, Appa.”

 

“I love you too, son.”

 

Youngjae enters the room and Yugyeom immediately clings to him.

 

“Alright, baby. Now tell me…” Youngjae says as he positions himself comfortably in Yugyeom’s small bed.

 

“I love you, daddy. So much. So much. So much. I love you so much.” Yugyeom hugging Youngjae tight as he keeps muttering the words.

 

“Baby…” Yugyeom lifts his head.

 

“Yes, daddy?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I love you too, of course. So much.” Youngjae smiles at him, making Yugyeom smiles too before burying his head on Youngjae’s chest.

 

“I am sorry, daddy, for shouting at you and making you sad. I am sorry, daddy. I am sorry. I love you.” Yugyeom mumbles. Youngjae hugs him tighter.

 

“You know that we love you so much, right?” Yugyeom nods, his head still on Youngjae’s chest.

 

“I will be a good son, daddy.” He lifts his head briefly before burying his head again.

 

“I love you, daddy.”

 

“And… what about me?” he lifts his head to look at me before throwing his body to me.

 

“I love you too, Appa. You are the best.” I chuckle.

 

“Alright, enough with this confession. You are tired, baby. Let’s sleep.” I say.

 

“Sleep together, Appa?” I nod.

 

“Well… let’s sleep in our room then.” I pick him up. He cheers loudly before a loud yawn escapes his plump lips.

 

We settle in the bed with Yugyeom in the middle. Youngjae sings him lullaby while I caress his hair.

 

“Daddy…” a yawn escapes Yugyeom’s mouth again.

 

Youngjae stops for a while, “Yes, baby?”

 

“I want to learn how to sing like you.” he says, opening his eyes cutely. Pleading.

 

“Of course. I will teach you.” Youngjae leans down to give Yugyeom a kiss. He chuckles, “And I want to learn dance like Appa.” He says. I chuckle.

 

“Well… you will be greater than me, baby. I know it.” I encourage him, kissing his cheeks. A yawn escapes from his lips again.

 

“Sleep, baby…” Youngjae softly whispers as he sings lullaby again. Yugyeom closes his eyes, drifting to sleep.

 

“Baby…” I call Youngjae after some times.

 

“I think our Yugyeom is falling in love.” I chuckle. Youngjae looks at me and Yugyeom.

 

“Yes. I know it, hyung. He’s grown up faster than I realize.” He says as he caressing Yugyeom’s cheek.

 

Then, in a soft voice I tell Youngjae about the thing Yugyeom want to share with him.

 

“I know. He always has passion about music, hyung.”

 

“Because he is our son, Jae.”

 

“Yes. He will be greater than us. Dancing and singing.”

 

“I never heard him sing, baby.”

 

“Oh, really?” I nod.

 

“Well… I have a video of him. Here, take a look, hyung.” Youngjae opens his phone and shows me a video of Yugyeom who sings passionately while Youngjae playing piano. The video took place in Youngjae’s classroom, I guess, with Yugyeom sits on Youngjae’s lap. He is more than good.

 

“I took it when he was four. I teached him a little when I have a free time in the school. I used to take him with me to school since I don’t really trust him with baby sitter or leaving him in the children care.”

 

“Why?” I asks him curious as I hand him his phone.

 

“Oh, hmm…” he seems a bit hesitant. I take his hand with my free hand, squish it briefly before caressing his cheek. He leans to my touch. I think he is preparing himself to tell me another sad story.

 

“Yugyeom almost drowned in the bathtub, hyung. When he was three. When we were four month moved in to Seoul.” He recalls a bad day.

 

“How?”

 

He sighs before continue, “I leave him with baby sitter since I got busy in the school. I don’t know why, but I guess my instinc as mother was rising everytime Yugyeom was in danger, even though he wasn’t by my side, hyung. That day, not like any other days, I felt so bad, suffocated.

 

Although I still had classes to go, I took permit to go home early. And I was so surprise when I arrived at home, hearing Yugyeom’s crying hard. I entered home and found Yugyeom in almost drowning the bathtub with hot water while the baby sitter was nowhere around the home. I pulled Yugyeom up and immediately ran to the hospital, to Khunnie hyung. Yugyeom stayed in the hospital for a week. He was a weak baby back then, hyung.

 

And at that time, I should admit that I thought about you a lot, hyung. How I missed you and hoping you were by my side, embracing me, whispering some sweet words, and calming me down. It was really a terrible day for me. I was almost losing Yugyeom. That’s why I am always afraid if Yugyeom gets hurt a little or being sick. I will panic because that terrible day always popping in my mind.

 

And that’s why I am being so overly protective about him, hyung. I really don’t want to go through that terrible day again. I am so afraid of losing Yugyeom because he is the only one I have.” Youngjae finishes his story with some pauses. Silence around us.

 

Yugyeom shifts a little, hugging Youngjae, mumbling some random words. I look at him. He and Youngjae had been suffering so much. God!

 

“Baby…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I… I don’t know what to say, but I…”

 

“Don’t say sorry again, hyung.” Youngjae stares hard at me. I feel my heart aching so much. I don’t know why, but I feel like I don’t deserve Youngjae and Yugyeom’s love.

 

And as if Youngjae can read my mind, he caressing my cheek, smiling so bright, “Now, I am glad that I have you too, hyung. Just like you said, let’s forget about the suffering past times. We have our future and the responsibility to make a bright future for our Yugyeom, right? You said that you will always be my side. I count on you the most, hyung.” We stare hard at each other and I find myself smiling like an idiot. Youngjae is right. It’s no use to feel guilty right now because what is matter now is the present not the past.

 

“And… I love you so much.” Youngjae softly says. I lean in to him to give him a sweet kiss.

 

“I love you too.”

 

“Appa… d-daddy… sleep.” Yugyeom mumbles, making us shock for a moment before chuckling. Yugyeom takes my hand and hug it tight on his chest while he snuggles closer to Youngjae. I wonder if Yugyeom was up when I and Youngjae had the talk.

 


 

AN: HAAAAIIIIII.... IT'S BEEN A WHILE, RIGHT?

I am sorry. So sorry. I was busy for the past weeks. But, I AM BACK NOW.

Here is another story. Thank you for waiting patiently for this chapter.

And... I am sorry again for the delay. Works really eat up my mood to write.

But, I force myself to write. And... this is it. Kkkk~

 

And, thanks to Georgiana_dk who personally messaged me and encourage me with the sweet words. Thanks, dear...truly...

 

That's it. Enjoy! ^^