Preparation

Another Beginning: When I Meet You

 -ANOTHER BEGINNING: CHAPTER 12-


 

I wake up the next morning with Youngjae around my embrace. I look at his beautiful face. Even after all of this time, I can still feel my heart beats crazily over him, just watching him sleeping. I caress his soft cheek and put away the strain of his hair on his fave. He is so beautiful. With the light that shines on his sleeping figure, I know that he must be an angel that God send for me.

 

“My angel…” I mumble, raining him with kisses. I kiss his forehead, his two eyes, his nose, his cheeks, his jawline, his mole under his eye, and lastly, I kiss his lips. He shifts a bit when I kiss his lips. I chuckle, seeing him slowly open his eyes.

 

“Hi, baby. Sleep good?” I greet him with my last kiss on his lips. God, I really love his lips.

 

A yawn escapes his plump mouth, “…m-morning, hyung. How’s yours?” he cutely rubs his eyes, just like Yugyeom. Deg. Yugyeom!

 

I abruptly sit up, leaving him dumbfounded. “Where is Yugyeom, Jae?”

 

He sits up and rub his eye again, “Huh?”

 

“Yugyeom, Jae? Where is he?”

 

“Oh, right! Gyeom-ah!” Youngjae finaly awake. We search for him, panic.

 

“Gyeom-ah!” Youngjae calls him again. I follow him to search out of the room.

 

“I am here, Mommy!” I hear Yugyeom’s voice from the hallway. I and Youngjae immediately run to the hallway and find Yugyeom is talking with a girl.

 

“Gyeom-ah…” Youngjae sits beside him, scanning him, making sure that he is fine.

 

“Mommy… I am fine. What are you doing? You are embarrassing me, Mom,” Yugyeom pouts, making me chuckle. His cheeks sheer a rose pink.

 

“What? So, you really call me ‘Mom’? Are you for sure, Choi Yugyeom?” Youngjae asks in disbelief.

 

“Im Yugyeom, Mom, not Choi anymore. Right, Appa?” he looks up at me who standing beside Youngjae. The girl beside Yugyeom chukles a little and that got Yugyeom’s attention.

 

“So, this is your amazing mommy and Appa, Gyeomie?” the girl asks. Yugyeom nods, a little bit shy. I get a feeling that our Yugyeom is in love.

 

“Oh. Annyeonghaseyo. I am Yerin. Baek Yerin. Nice to meet you Uncle!” the girl introduce herself politely.

 

“Oh, Yerin-ah… I am Jaebum, Im Jaebum. And this is my fiancée, Choi Youngjae. We are Yugyeom’s parents.” I introduce ourselves to the cute girl who nods excitedly.

 

“Yugyeom told me about you, Uncle. And also about you… uhm, Aunty?” Yerin hesitantly says.

 

“Not you too, dear…” Youngjae pouts, making us laugh at him.

 

“I told you, hyung. You make them confuse.” Youngjae hits my arms.

 

“What?” I ask him, still giggling.

 

“So, daddy… you don’t like it when I call you mommy? I thought that you like it… I want to have someone to call ‘mommy’.” Yugyeom says, with his puppy eyes, melting Youngjae inside. Youngjae pulls him into hug, “No, baby. I love you. Call me whatever you want, baby. Alright?” Youngjae says as he gives Yugyeom a kiss.

 

“Mommy, don’t kiss me in front of Yerinie. It’s embarrassing.” Yugyeom whines, making Youngjae shocks.

 

“Why? Why I can’t kiss my baby boy? Oh, I am sad… My baby boy is grown up again.” Youngjae fakes his sad tone. Yugyeom quickly hugs him, “No, Mommy. I am sorry. Just… okay. I love you,” he gives Youngjae a peck. Yerin and I laugh with this moment.

 

“So, Yerin-ah, with whom do you come here? Who is sick?” I ask her. She looks passes through me before yelling, “Uncle Mark!”

 

“Mark?” I ask as I turn around and find Mark approach us.

 

“Hey, Yerin… sorry to keep you waiting. And hi for you too, JB, Youngjae, and cutie Yugyeom,” Mark greets us as he picks Yerin up.

 

“So, this is the amazing Yerin that you told me?” I ask him. Mark once said that watching me with Yugyeom making him wants to adopt a kid also. But, he didn’t have to adopt a kid since his collegue leaving him with his daughter. Yerin is living with Mark in his house.

 

“Yes, JB. She is Yerin. Yerin-ah, have you introduced yourself to them?”

 

“Yes, Uncle. I have. And I have meet Yugyeom too. I arrive at Yugyeom’s room and Yugyeom said that he didn’t want to disturb his parents, so I and Yugyeom have a chat here.” Yerin seems a smart kid jut like Yugyeom. Then, I know why Yugyeom likes her.

 

“Oh, Jackson said that he will bring Jimin too here.” Mark says.

 

“Jimin?” I and Youngjae ask him.

 

“Yes, Jimin. His best student in taekwondo who lives with his brother.” Mark explains.

 

“Jimin is a girl or boy, Uncle Mark?” Yugyeom asks in Youngjae’s embrace. I didn’t notice when Yugyeom sat on Youngjae’s lap.

 

“Jimin is a girl. She is on your age, Gyeom.” Yugyeom nods in excitement. He will have two new friends.

 

“So, why don’t we back to room again? You have to take your breakfast and medicine, baby.” Youngjae reminds Yugyeom.

 

“I have taken my breakfast and medicine, Mommy! Look… it’s been afternoon…” Yugyeom reminds him.

 

“Oh, really? What time is it?” I look at my phone, “It’s almost 11 am, Jae.”

 

“What?! So, we really in deep sleep. Oh, I am sorry, baby. You took your breakfast and medicine alone. I am sorry,” Youngjae apologize. Yugyeom shakes his head.

 

“No, Mom. Uncle Nichkhun accompanied me. I didn’t want to disturb you and Appa since you didn’t get your sleep to look over me,” Yugyeom cutely says, grinning wide.

 

“Uhm… Mommy? Gyeomie? Youngjae?” Mark asks in awe. I, Yerin, and Yugyeom chukle hard looking at Youngjae’s shy expression.

 

“Yes, Uncle Mark. Now, I want to call daddy with Mommy because he is my Mommy!” Yugyeom excitedly says.

 

“Oh, dear God…” Youngjae prays, making I laugh hard. He hit my arms twice, sending his death glare at me.

 

“Daddy… if you keep hitting Appa, it made me sad. You don’t want me to call you ‘Mommy’, right?” Yugyeom looks at Youngjae sadly.

 

“No… no, baby… It’s not that I don’t like it, I just… I just haven’t been used to it yet, baby. I still feel a bit… weird,” Youngjae admits, making Yugyeom sadder.

 

“Alright, Gyeom-ah… baby, daddy doesn’t get used to it. He needs time, baby.” I say as I pick Yugyeom up from Youngjae’s lap.

 

“I just want to have someone to be called ‘Mommy’, just like my other friends. So, they won’t make fun of me again,” Yugyeom is absolutely sad now. He clings on me, hiding his face on my crook of neck. I look at Youngjae. He let a big sigh. We know that Yugyeom is so sensitive about this issue, moreover after the jokes his friends threw for him. Mark and Yerin stay silent. It must be awkward for them.

 

“Baby… Gyeom-ah…” Youngjae stands up to pat Yugyeom’s back, but Yugyeom refuses to look at him.

 

“Gyeom-ah… I am sorry, okay? If you like this, I will be very sad, baby. It’s fine, baby… you can always call me ‘Mommy’. I’ll be glad as long as you like it and well… because I am literally your mom.” Youngjae says softly, but Yugyeom still clings on me, no reaction. I can feel Yugyeom’s muffled cry.

 

“Yugyeom-ah… Do you really want to make me sad? I am sad now,” Youngjae tries to convince him. This gets Yugyeom’s attention. He lifts his head and looks sadly at Youngjae. His face is red because he held back his cry.

 

“…No… I… I am sorry. I… don’t want t-to m-ake y-you s-sad, M-mommy.” Even in this situation, Yugyeom still stubbornly calls Youngjae ‘Mommy’. I guess Youngjae is defeated. He lets a sigh.

 

“Yugyeom-ah… you know that I love you, right? So, it doesn’t matter if you call me ‘daddy’ or ‘mommy’. Right, son?” Youngjae smiles, pats his head. Yugyeom nods, sniffles a bit. But, when he looks at Yerin, he immediately burries his head on my neck again. I laugh at him.

 

“Alright, Jackson is on his way. Let’s enter the room again.” We enter the room again. Yugyeom is a little bit shy because Yerin saw him crying and fighting with Youngjae. But, none the less, Yerin can lift his mood and they immediately immerse in their own world. Yerin and Yugyeom immediately become best friends.

 

After making sure that Yugyeom is fine, I and Youngjae take turn to go shower. Not too long, Jackson comes with Jimin, a tough girl with chubby cheeks, the opposite of Yerin who seems a bit cold and shy at the first sight. They get along well.

 

“Uncle Mark, Uncle Jackson, why don’t you let Jimin and Yerin to enter my school?” Yugyeom asks them, hopefully.

 

“Jimin is just moving from Thailand. I still think about her school.”

 

“Well… for Yerin…” Mark trails off.

 

“Yerin said that she wants to enter the same school with me,” Yugyeom states, “Right, Yerinie?” he adds as he looks at Yerin who nods shyly.

 

“Well… okay. I think we can let them school together.” I say. Mark and Jackson agree.

 

“Yeay!” The trio shouts loudly before back to their activity.

 

“So, Jae… did you really pregnant?” Jackson asks Youngjae. I’ve told them about this matter and they understood it well. But, I think they just curious about this fact.

 

“Yes, hyung. Do you think I am weird because of it?” Youngjae hesitantly asks. I take his hands and squish it. I know that he really concern about what other say.

 

“Nope. Not at all, Jae. We are happy that you survived because JB told us about your suffer at that time.” Mark and Jackson say. Youngjae seems a bit relieved.

 

“Oh… and about your wedding, JB. We’ve got the best place!” Mark informs me.

 

“Where is it?” I ask.

 

“The beach where you proposed to Youngjae for the first time,” Jackson says proudly. I and Youngjae can’t agree more. We spent the rest of the day talking about the wedding preparation while the kids gather around to talk about their hobby and apparently they have the similar hobby: music, just as singing and dancing.


 

After they had gone, Youngjae said that he want to go to the mart to buy Yugyeom’s favorite milk. I said that I will go, but he refused. He stubbornly said that he would go. So, it’s just me and Yugyeom again in the room. I accompany Yugyeom fold some paper to make planes and ships.

 

“Appa…” he calls me, eyes still glues on the paper.

 

“Yes, baby?”

 

“Daddy doesn’t want me call him ‘mommy’, right? I know he doesn’t want. He just said that because I was whining just now. Right, Appa?” I forget that sometimes Yugyeom can be very mature.

 

I let a sigh before answer Yugyeom, “It’s not like that, baby. He is happy as long as you’re happy because daddy loves you so much.” I pat his head. He looks up at me, “But I feel bad for daddy, Appa. Daddy is my mom, that’s right, but I can’t call him ‘Mommy’ because daddy is man, like me. Right, Appa?” I look at him deeply, trying to read his mind.

 

“I know. It will be weird to call him ‘Mommy’. I have to apologize to him. I have made him sad.” Yugyeom sadly says.

 

“Yugyeom-ah… it doesn’t matter what you call him, whether daddy or mommy, he is still your mom. If your friends make fun of you again, tell me. I will fight them for you. Don’t worry too much, son.” I pull him in to hug.

 

“I know, Appa. I should say my sorry to daddy.” He keeps repeating that words.

 

“Uhm… maybe you can call him ‘Mommy’ sometimes, baby. You know what I mean, right?” I wink at him playfully. He laughs with me.

 

“Yes, Appa. I will! Thank you, Appa. You are the best!” he hugs me tight. Not too long, Youngjae arrive and Yugyeom immediately hugs him.

 

“What is that, baby?” Youngjae asks in awe. Yugyeom shakes his head. I tidy up the things that Youngjae bought.

 

“Are you hurt somewhere?” he asks again in worry. Yugyeom still shakes his head and keep his hug tightly.

 

“… I… I want to say sorry, daddy.” Yugyeom voices up.

 

“Daddy? Hey, you said you want to call me ‘Mommy’?” Youngjae asks, confused. Yugyeom shakes his head in Youngjae’s embrace.

 

Youngjae pulls him away, “What is that, baby?”

 

“I just… I just… I don’t want you to change. I want you to stay as my daddy, Mom!” Yugyeom says, then, “Ooops!” he quickly covers his mouth and throwing his body to Youngjae again, “I am sorry, daddy. It slips. I love you, daddy.”

 

Youngjae sighs and pats Yugyeom’s head, “It’s okay. Call me whatever you want.”

 

“Noooo~ I will keep call you daddy.” Yugyeom gives Youngjae a peck. Youngjae smiles wide at his cuteness.

 

“Then, I should say my thanks.” He kisses Yugyeom back. I admire this moment, watching my two precious persons smiling so wide. I am so happy.

 

“Well… I think it is us who should sort out the nickname, Jae.” I say, walking towards them. Youngjae pulls away from Yugyeom, “Huh? What do you mean, hyung?”

 

“Uhm, I think I won’t call you ‘baby’ again since I call Yugyeom so. I think ‘honey’ will suits you the best!” I wink at Yugyeom who muffle his giggles. Youngjae hits my arm twice, “Stop being cheesy, hyung! Not in front of Yugyeom.”

 

“Why, daddy? I love seeing you with Appa. And… I love seeing you in red face,” Yugyeom said, mumble the last sentence.

 

“What?!” Youngjae asks in disbelief. Then he begins tickling Yugyeom.

 

“Sorry… daddy… hahaha… daddy… I surrender… enough… hahaha… daddy… please… hahaha….” Yugyeom laughs hard and begging Youngjae to stop.

 

“You know, baby. You are so alike with Appa. And I am afraid if both of you make a combo against me.” Youngjae admits. I laugh with Yugyeom, high-fived him.


 

Yugyeom has been recover very quick and soon, he already in school again. Youngjae and I back to routine also. Since the grand opening in Hongkong, my father mostly stays in Hongkong while I stay in Youngjae’s home. Actually, I prefer to move to a bigger home, not apartment. I plan to take Youngjae and Yugyeom to my special home after the wedding. It’s just a week more to the wedding and I already get nervous and excited.

 

I can’t get it out of my mind. I keep thinking about the wedding and when I thought about it, I haven’t properly proposed to Youngjae. Not seven years ago. Not now. That’s why I plan to take Youngjae and Yugyeom out for vacation in Jeju Island on weekend. Yugyeom and Youngjae are excited with this plan and Youngjae has no clue about my plan. He is still the same Youngjae, very oblivious and innocent.

 

We arrive at the hotel in Jeju Island around 2pm. Yugyeom gets so excited as he running around the hotel room and whining about how he wants to play in the beach.

 

“Yes, baby. We’ll go to the beach. But, we go there around 4pm. So, we can see the sunset together. How?” Youngjae try to convince Yugyeom. Yugyeom thinks a bit before nodding.

 

“Okay, Daddy. I agree.” He says cutely as he keeps dancing around in the hotel room.

 

“Tired, honey?” I ask Youngjae, encircling his waist as he’s making drink for Yugyeom. His face shade a pink everytime I call him ‘honey’. So cute.

 

“Not really.” He says. I rest my head on his shoulder.

 

“Are you tired, hyung?” he asks me.

 

“No. I never get tired when I am with you and Yugyeom,” I say as I kiss the moles on his neck. He shivers under my touch. I bring my hands lower.

 

“Not now, hyung.” he says as he turns around and gives me a kiss, leaving me dumbfounded.

 

“Gyeom-ah… this is your milk. Drink it now, baby.” I hear Youngjae say to Yugyeom. I leave the kitchen and plop myself on the sofa, watching Yugyeom who dance cutely. I can’t help but thinking about Youngjae. I need him now, but he still plays hard to get. I think he sense my quietness as he approaches me and sits beside me.

 

“Hyung?” he calls me, taking my hand and resting his head on my shoulder.

 

“I know what you want. But, I don’t want to disturb Yugyeom. You understand me, right?” he winks at me. I blink a few times, not understand.

 

“Tonight. After Yugyeom sleeps,” he whispers to my ear seductively. I nod eagerly. He chukles but I cut his chuckle with a deep kiss.

 

“At least, for now, let me kiss you.” I say between the kiss.

 

Mommy! Appa!” Yugyeom shouts, making us separate immediately. He walks towards us and force me and Youngjae to give him space for his little body in the middle. I and Youngjae laugh when Youngjae pulls Yugyeom in to a hug. Once again, Yugyeom calls Youngjae ‘Mommy’.


 

“Appa… hurry up! I want to play in the beach!” Yugyeom shouts at me. I walk towards the annoyed duo.

 

“What take you so long, hyung?” Youngjae asks me. I shrug it off because tonight will be our special night. I should prepare it well.

 

We arrive at the beach where Yugyeom immediately running here and there. He gets so excited. And Youngjae trails behind him, afraid that Yugyeom may get lost or injure again.

 

“Honey… baby…” I approach Youngjae.

 

“I have to go to the bathroom. You just play with Yugyeom, right?” he nods. I give him a peck before dashing around to prepare for my proposal.

 

I dash to the restaurant where I will propose Youngjae and meet with the manager who will help me with the event. This is the big and important event for me and for our relationship and I want everything to be perfect. I may not a perfectionist, but I like everything to be perfect.

 

I arrive at the restaurant and find they’re still preparing the decoration. It’s an open air restaurant. I choose it because Youngjae loves being in the outside and he really loves the sea. Here, we can see the beautiful scenery of the sea and feel the breeze. It’s perfect, in my opinion.

 

“Jaebum-shi…” the manager calls me, cut me from the trail of imagination.

 

“Yes, manager Lee. How’s the preparation?” I ask him as I shake his hand.

 

“The preparation is on going and will be done before sunset. So, do you want to stick with the earlier schedule or change the time to sunset?” he asks.

 

“Uhm… I will stick to the schedule. I will propose on dinner time. Because I want to spend sunset with him and my son.” I explain to him.

 

“Well… if you want so, I can’t agree more. Come here, let me show you the preparation,” Manager Lee pats my back to lead me the way.

 

“Just like you request, we décor it with yellow and orange, sunset theme. And the piano is there. Would you like to practice now or later?”

 

Youngjae likes yellow. He said that yellow suits him the best because it brights his days. I can’t agree more. And I prepare a song for him. I am not the best with piano, but still I want to give him the best night.

 

“I… I will practice later.” I sheepishly say. Mr. Lee laughs at me.

 

“You know, Jaebum-shi. You don’t have to be shy. I bet your partner will be very happy since you prepare all of this sincerely.”

 

“Yes. He is a simply guy and can be happy with the smallest thing. But, I want to give him the best of me.” I say nervously.

 

“Well… you said that you come here with your son. How do you want him to be?”

 

“Oh, I like him around. He can’t really apart with his mother.” Mr. Lee nods in understandment.

 

“Okay. Let head to the kitchen, Jaebum-shi.” We head to the kitchen to see the preparation of the foods and ice cream-cake. Youngjae and Yugyeom loves ice cream-cake.

 

“You said that your partner loves strawberry ice cream, right? So, we make it.”

 

“Uhm… can I have chocolate ice cream too? Because my son is chocolate lover. And please, no cheese. He is allergic to cheese.” I request to him.

 

“Wow… I see that you are a very warm person, Jaebum-shi. You even know all about your lover and son.” he chukles, make me feel embarrassing.

 

I take a tour around to see the process of the food when I see one of the chef put cucumber to the food, “No… no cucumber, please. My partner hates cucumber.” I say to them then they immediately take it out. My phone rings. Youngjae. I forget about the bathroom thing.

 

“Hello?” I pick the phone.

 

“Yah! Hyung, where are you? You’ve been gone for an hour now.” Youngjae is annoyed, I sense it.

 

“I… I…” I stutter trying to find an excuse.

 

“Are you okay, hyung?” he asks, concern.

 

“Daddy… daddy… I want to talk with Appa!” I hear Yugyeom shouts to Youngjae.

 

“Hello, Appa?”

 

“Appa… where are you? You will miss the sunset if you are not here by now.” Yugyeom reminds me about the sunset.

 

“I’ll be there, Gyeom. Uhm… keep your dad okay, baby? I don’t like him keep angry with me.”

 

“I am not angry, hyung.” Youngjae denies.

 

“Uhm… well… I’ll be there soon.”

 

“You better be.” Youngjae hung up.

 

I notice Mr. Lee’s presence beside me, “He sounds annoyed.” He says.

 

“Yes. Because I go for a long time. Well, I’ve seen enough. I will be back before dinner time.” I excuse myself.

 

“Okay, Jaebum-shi. Good luck with the proposal,” he says as he shake my hand.

 

“Thank you.”


 

a.n: Hiiii.... I am sorry for the late update. Well... so,, yeah... this is the next chapter after the revealation.

Thank you so much for your advices. I've been thinking about it a lot and I decided to make Yugyeom calls Youngjae 'Daddy'...

Because, just like Youngjae said, "Its a little bit... weird." ^^"

 

For those who vote for 'Mommy', I am really sorry and I hope you don't mind.

Eventhough Yugyeom still calls Youngjae 'Daddy', don't worry, guys.. there will be enough 'Mommy' Youngjae mode on for the next chapters. XD

 

And... I make Yugyeom some friends. OMG, he falls in love already! Lol.

I just love Yugrin so much, so excuse me... hehe.

 

Then, that's it. Enough with the blabbering. Just Enjoy! Have a great day, all! ^^

p.s: I don't think I can update everyday since I am getting busier with my jobs. So, I am sorry in advance. T.T