Im's Family Pt. 1

Another Beginning: When I Meet You

From this chapter till the end, it will consists time leap.

Make sure you read it carefully, so you don't confuse about it.

Enjoy! ^^ 


-ANOTHER BEGINNING: CHAPTER 30- 


 

 

After Youngjae and Jaehyung discharge from the hospital, I thought that thing will be back to normal. Oh, how wrong I can be, because with Jaehyung now, I and Youngjae didn’t get enough sleep. As a baby, Jaehyung sleeps and wakes up as he wants. He could sleep in the middle of daylight and wake up in the middle of the night.

 

I and Youngjae still in recess from our activity as we want to take care of Jaehyung better. Lucky for us that Yugyeom is in the middle of his holiday too, so I must not take him to school in the early morning. Despite the lack of sleep, we are very happy. I can’t believe that a crying voice from Jaehyung can make me feel alive more.

 


 

Jaehyung is in his third months, means that it’s autumn already. He grows up fast. And slowly but sure his chubby face is getting a lot more alike with Youngjae. Oh, don’t forget his smiling face too.

 

We are in the middle of the living room where Jaehyung is sleeping on his special bed and Yugyeom is busy drawing in his drawing book. Once in a time, he would look up to Jaehyung and asked why Jaehyung didn’t wake up yet, then he back to the drawing book.

 

“Mommy~ Jaehyung really likes sleep, doesn’t he? He has been sleeping for two hours, mom. Do something. I want to play with him.” Yugyeom cutely whines as he joins us on the couch.

 

“Yugyeom-ah… you know that Jaehyung always wake up in the middle of the night, right? He stayed up till dawn, baby. He must be tired by now. That’s why.” Youngjae softly tells Yugyeom who still has his pleading eyes.

 

“But I want to play with him…” he pouts, crossing his arms above his chest. Hearing his whining voice, I open my close eyes.

 

“He will wake up soon. Don’t worry. It’s about time he takes his food,” Youngjae assures him. “Why don’t you try to draw him, baby? So, we can put it in the frame and hang it somewhere around this house.” Youngjae gives him advice which Yugyeom nods at it.

 

“You’re right, mommy! I will draw him. Thank you for the idea!” Yugyeom climbs down to take his drawing book and pencil and he sit beside Jaehyung’s bed again.

 

“What are you doing, honey?” I ask Youngjae who seems busy with some photos.

 

“Oh, you’re awake? I am arranging Jaehyung’s photos in this baby’s book.” He shows me some photos and the baby’s book which written by him.

 

“It’s cute~” I comment. “Did you do the same with Yugyeom?” I ask, curiously. A yawning escapes my mouth.

 

“Of course. Wait here.” He gives me the baby’s book and the photos. I pick the photos and look at them one by one. Jaehyung is really really like Youngjae, I thought.

 

Youngjae backs to sit beside me with a book, “This is Yugyeom’s baby book. I have just found it as we moved in here. I am sorry, I never showed you this.” He says, handing me the thick book.

 

I close Jaehyung’s baby book and put the photos inside as I take Yugyeom’s and open it.

 

“This was Yugyeom when he was just born. Nichkhun hyung took it for me because I was unconscious for a while after giving birth. I really love his nose and eyes because he looked like yours and mine.” Youngjae points one photos with Yugyeom’s sleeping pose in his baby blue cloth.

 

I keep opening page by page with Youngjae tells me the story of every photos.

 

“Oh, here… I almost forget. It was when Yugyeom was 6th months.” Youngjae points at one of the photos which Yugyeom was grinning widely as he was covered with chocolate.

 

“Somebody gave him chocolate. I guessed it was one of the children in the hospital that I taught. Yugyeom’s first food was chocolate. I almost got a shock when I saw him on his bed with chocolate stains in all over his face, hands, legs, and clothes. But, I found it cute, so I took the photo.” Youngjae says, chuckling.

 

We go through some pages again…

 

“Oh, here… Can you look at it thoroughly, honey?” He stops me in one photo of Yugyeom’s 10th months sleeping in his baby blue shirt, pororo doll, and one frame. I take a close look before darting my eyes to Youngjae, “This frame… is my photo, honey.” I whisper.

 

Youngjae nods his head, smiling, “Yes. This is the first time I showed him your photos and since then, he always sleep with your photo’s frame. He was still in the hospital that day. I never told you about this. I only told you about Yugyeom at his fourth, right?” he asks me.

 

Suddenly, I remember the first time I met Youngjae again and he told me that Yugyeom was his adopted kid and he was calling me Appa on his fourth.

 

“Why did you lies, honey?” I ask him, I know that he knows what I mean.

 

“I already told you my reason, hun. I was afraid. Men’s pregnancy isn’t something common and I really didn’t know what the community would judge me. I even lie to the school.

 

If you said that you have a big burdensome for not staying with Yugyeom, it can’t be compared with my wrong doings. I never admit that he is my own son just because I was afraid. I am such a bad mother for him. That’s why, up until now, the guilty is still there inside my heart, even though Yugyeom never accused me anything.” Youngjae says with shaken shoulder as some tears running down his cheeks. I wrap my arms around him to calm him down.

 

“I am sorry for asking that question again, honey. I am sorry. Now, we are good. It’s better not to think about the past. The first important one now is that Yugyeom already knew the truth and he was fine with it. He grows up awesome too. We should proud of him.” I assure him, whipping some tears away. He nods, smiling again.

 

“Shall we continue?” I ask, pointing at the book. He nods again, fixing some strain of hairs.

 

I keep opening the page. The photos really show how much Yugyeom has grown up. “Oh, this was his first birthday. Nichkhun hyung took it for us,” Youngjae tells one photo with Yugyeom and him and the birthday cake with number 1 candle stand on it.

 

I nod while flipping the pages again…

 

“This was his first time he found some video of an Idol. Can you look at his shining eyes while looking at it?” Youngjae asks me. I nod. Yugyeom was watching Music Program and so immersed in to it.

 

“Oh and this…” A chuckle escapes Youngjae’s mouth, “this was the first time he tried to dance. I recorded it with my phone. Look, this is the CD that contain of his dance from his third year until five. I wonder why I never recorded it again.” he mumbles the last sentence.

 

“Don’t worry, I recorded all, honey…” I assure him. He looks at me deeply. We continue to open page by page. I can tell that Youngjae is again… drowning inside his memories with Yugyeom. Even though I didn’t participate inside, through these photos, I can already feel and imagine every steps of Yugyeom’s growth.

 

“Here, honey…” he stops me in one of birthday celebration again.

 

“Oh… this was in your apartment!” I say excitedly, finally found something that I know.

 

“Yes. This was his fourth birthday. Just a few months after we moved to the apartment. I gave him his room back then. He was so so happy that he began dancing around on his birthday celebration. Oh. And some of his friends came too. It made the day more special to him.” Youngjae tells me again. I look at the photo where Yugyeom closed his eyes and joined his hands in front of the cake.

 

“I ever asked him what his wish was on his third birthday when we first moved to Seoul, I think. But, he never told me. I asked the same question on his fourth birthday, but he still didn’t answer me.

 

And in his fifth birthday, just a few months before meeting you, Yugyeom wrote his birthday wish. Here…” Youngjae flips and jumps to the almost last page.

 

He point at one of the photos there with some hand written beside it. I can tell that it was Yugyeom’s hand written. Although his hand written wasn’t so good, because he was just kid, I can clearly read it.

 

 

“Hello, I am Choi Yugyeom. Today I have my fifth birthday. I am so happy.

I celebrate it with my daddy. My daddy is awesome.

He bought me pororo cake. I love him so much.

I’ve prayed for the same every year.

God, if You hear me now, I just wish one thing.

I want to meet Appa. Please, let me meet him.

I really really miss him. I don’t ask anything, but this one.

Please, let me meet him.

Thank you, God. And thank you, daddy.

I love you, daddy. I love you, Appa.”

 

Unconciously, I let a tear wet the book as I read his letter. Yugyeom. Im Yugyeom. My son. I whip away the tears and look at Youngjae who smiling so gentle.

 

“Honey…” he softly says. I dart my eyes to look at Yugyeom who magically fall asleep beside Jaehyung. I feel an ocean emotion though my body. So, the first time we met, when Yugyeom said that I looked like one of the men with his mommy… he already knew me.

 

Oh. My. God.

 

Slowly, I close the book and put it aside. I walk closer to the sleeping Yugyeom who magically fall asleep with a pencil on his hand and above the drawing book. Carefully, I take away the pencil and drawing book. Youngjae hands me a pillow. I pick Yugyeom’s head carefully as not to wake him up. Once he is done, on the better sleeping position, I bent my body to hug him lightly.

 

“Yugyeom-ah… my son… let’s spend a lot more times together, baby. I will pay for the times I wasn’t by your side. I love you so much, baby. Sleep well.” I whisper to his ear and give him a couple of kiss on his cheeks, forehead, and lips.

 

Yugyeom shifts a bit, searching for the more comfortable position. And he is smiling. Im Yugyeom.

 


 

It’s been six months since Jaehyung born. I’ve just realize that rising a baby isn’t an easy task and it keeps me wandering how in the world Youngjae could survive the five years rising Yugyeom alone.

 

I keep waking up in the middle of the night because Jaehyung is crying, craving for milk or because he peed. Youngjae of course, is the one who will get up in the middle of the night to hold Jaehyung or to change his clothes.

 

But, as I am being a good husband of him, I help him too. If Jaehyung wakes up, I will wake up as well, helping Youngjae with making some milk or taking some diapers.

 

As the result, I will look like zombie in the office and it happened more than once that I doze off in the middle of the meeting. Lucky to me, because none of the committees protest to me. They are aware of my condition that I just have a born baby.

 

I arrive to home and being welcomed with some chuckles from the living room and a good smell from the kitchen.

 

“I am home!” I shout tiredly.

 

Yugyeom immediately runs towards me, hugging me tight, “You are home, Appa! I am playing with Jaehyung now.”

 

“Really?” I walk inside the living room and find Jaehyung on his bed on the living room. The living room somehow turns to be a playground where some toys are scattered around.

 

Jaehyung is excitedly laughing while his hands and legs are kicking the air. He tries so hard to sit, but fail. Seeing him in the good mood, make me forget all the tiredness.

 

“Hi, baby… Appa is just home. Let me clean up first before hold you up.” I say, greet my baby.

 

Jaehyung let a “Bhuuu…” as his answer and chuckling again as he sees Yugyeom beside me.

 

“I will take care of him, Appa.” Yugyeom says. I ruffle his hair, “Great. I will shower first, baby.” I kiss his cheek lightly.

 

I walk towards the bedroom and find that my clothes had been prepared by Youngjae. I smile at his habit now.

 

I take my time in the bathroom, healing my sore muscle due to the traffic jam with warm water. Once I am done, I immediately go to the kitchen to greet Youngjae.

 

“Hey, honey.” I walk closer to him, wrapping my arms around his waist. I rest my head on his shoulder, inhaling his calming sweet scent.

 

“Hey. Are you tired?” he asks, looking at me briefly as he holds my hand. I hum softly as I continue to close my eyes and back hugging him.

 

I can hear him chuckle. “Let me finish this food as soon as possible. Then, we can eat together. After that, you can immediately take a rest, honey.” He says.

 

I shake my head, “No. I want to play with Jaehyung and Yugyeom first.” I say as I break the comfortable hug.

 

He turns around and give me kisses on my lips, encouraging me to take some more. I break the kiss when I hear a loud chuckling from the living room.

 

“Well… I don’t want to miss any joy with my sons.” I say as I peck Youngjae’s lips the last time. He laugh before continue his cooking.

 

I walk towards Yugyeom and Jaehyung. I find Yugyeom is making some funny faces to entertain Jaehyung who laugh with his cute little voice.

 

“Hello, baby boys!” I greet them, scoot closer to them.

 

“Appa!” Yugyeom pulls me by my arms.

 

“Look… Look…” he makes a funny face again and Jaehyung laughs again. I laugh with him.

 

“See? Jaehyung is enjoying it too much, Appa.” He says. I sit beside them and pick Jaehyung up to hold him in my arms.

 

“I miss you so much, baby. And you too, big boy.” Jaehyung immediately clings to me. I turn him around, sitting him on my lap. He can face Yugyeom.

 

Yugyeom continue to make some funny faces as Jaehyung laughs over it. I reach up for my phone on my pocket to take a video of these cute boys.

 

Yugyeom is busy entertaining his baby brother. He doesn’t realize the camera when he usually does. And Jaehyung… if he notices some things in my hand, he will be whining to get it immediately.

 

I send that video to the group chat and to my dad which I earn a good and fast responds form them.

 

My Daddy

Oh my God! They are so cute together. I miss them so much.

Tell Yugyeom and Jaehyung that I will visit soon.

 

Jinyoung

Oh my God! They are so cute, hyung! It’s nice to see their interaction.

 

Bambam

I want a baby like them! Jinyoung hyung… let’s adopt a baby!

 

Jackson

Bambam wants a baby? Woah… That’s news for me.

Anyway, Yugyeom is really knows how to entertain his baby brother.

Yo, Gyeom~

 

Mark

Jinyoung-ah… you should grant Bambam’s wish. Kkkk~

Yugyeom and Jaehyung are so cute. I want to meet them again.

Oh, Yerin said hi.

 

Jinyoung

Honey, why are you whining here?

 

Jackson

Oh, Bambam is whining now… iuuuhh~ goosebumps!

 

Mark

Yah, you two! Get a room!

 

Jackson

It’s okay, Mark. If they want to be lovey dovey here, we can also.

Saranghaeyo, Markippooohhh :* :* :*

 

Bambam

Ugh, my eyes can’t take that kiss!

 

Jinyoung

You’re right, honey. Jackson is bluffing again.

 

Jackson

Shut up you twooo!

Mark, why are you ignoring me after I kissed you? T.T

 

Mark

Oh, shut up, Jackson. You are literally beside me now.

 

Jackson

Oh, okay. Sorry, baby. >;-)

 

 

“Appa? What are you smiling at?” Yugyeom asks me as he leans his head to the phone to peek at it.

 

“Oh… n-nothing. I just send a video to Uncles and grandpa. And they said that you and Jaehyung are so cute. Oh, and grandpa said that he will come soon. Also, you got greetings from Yerin.” I tell him. Yugyeom is blushing hearing Yerin’s name.

 

“Oh, Appa! Jaehyung is sleeping!” he tries to change the topic. I chuckle, but understanding it.

 

I hold Jaehyung better so he can sleep better. I get up as I walk around to have Jaehyung in his deep sleep so Youngjae can eat properly this time.

 

“Honey, baby…” Youngjae calls us. He walks towards me.

 

“Oh, Jaehyung is sleeping?” he asks. I nod.

 

“He has just fallen asleep. Let me hold him for a while first.” I say.

 

“You have to eat, honey. Let me take care of him.” he says as he reaches out his hand to take Jaehyung, but I don’t let him.

 

“You need to eat too, honey. Come on, let’s go to the kitchen. You can feed me while I hold Jaehyung.” I smirk at him as he hit my back lightly.

 

We gather in the dining room as the foods are ready in front of us.

 

“Why don’t you put Jaehyung first, Appa?” Yugyeom asks in amused.

 

“He isn’t in deep sleep, baby. He will wake up as soon as I put him on his bed.”

 

“How will you eat?” he asks again.

 

“Mommy will feed me.” I grin at him, giving him a wink as he chuckles.

 

“You’ve got your brilliant idea, Appa.” He mutters softly as Youngjae enter the dining table with Yugyeom’s milk.

 

“Here is your milk, baby.” Youngjae puts the glass on the table.

 

“Thank you, mommy,” he smiles. Youngjae ruffles his hair a little, “You’ve grown up again, baby.” He comments as he takes a sit beside me.

 

“He is. In that case, he will surpass us in no time, honey.” I say, looking at Yugyeom who eats excitedly.

 

“Mr. Hwang gives us some tips to grown up faster. And I really like his tips.” Yugyeom says, taking a sip of his milk.

 

“What’s that?” I ask before taking my food from Youngjae.

 

“Basketball, Appa. He taught me how to play basketball. And I really had fun playing it, even though I am still have a long way to go.” he says. Somehow, I and Youngjae had got used to Yugyeom’s words, that it didn’t shock us again.

 

“Uhm… mommy? I want to ask something…” Yugyeom finishes his foods.

 

“Yes, baby?”

 

“When I was a baby, you took care of me alone. So, how did you get to eat and sleep, mommy? I must be a bother to you back then, right?” He asks, somehow sad and curious.

 

Youngjae let a chuckle. “Baby… you were and are no bother to me. I was so happy to have you. Even though take care a baby wasn’t an easy task, somehow I manage to, right. And I am kind a proud because I think I am success in rising you because you’ve grown up as a good boy.

 

When you were kid, you were more spoiled than Jaehyung. I couldn’t leave you alone, so I would always bring you in my arms everywhere, even to the school. I used to eat with you in my arms and from then I learnt how to eat quickly because believed me… you didn’t like if I sit. You like me if I took you walking around.” Youngjae tells.

 

“Really, mommy?” Yugyeom asks. Youngjae nods, smiling so gentle.

 

“Mommy~ I love you so much. I will be a better son for you~” he climbs down from his chair to walk towards Youngjae and hug him.

 

“I know you will, baby. You are already a good son for us. We are so proud of you.” I say. He looks at me, blinking cutely.

 

“And Jaejae too, right?”

 

“Of course. We are proud of you and him. Right, Jaejae?” I say, looking at little Jaejae who is sleeping peacefully.

 



 

AN: There is one part again. Hopefully I can update it soon.

Oh, and thanks to all of you who left some comments.

Eventhough I can't reply to those one by one, I read them all.

Thank you so much. Till next chap! ^O^