Conscious

Another Beginning: When I Meet You

-ANOTHER BEGINNING: CHAPTER 10- 


 

This is the third day Yugyeom in hospital. And we never really leave Yugyeom’s side, especially Youngjae. Yugyeom has been stable now. His critical condition was passed and he survived through the night. I knew he will because he is strong kid. He woke up the day after the incident. Since then, he’s been conscious and unconscious. Nichkhun hyung said that he will be fine, but his wound will need time to heal.
 
Morning comes and I open my eyes a little to adjust to the changes of the lights. I realize that Youngjae isn’t beside me and I wrapped in a blanket. I look at Yugyeom who is still sleeping peacefully.
 
“Youngjae-ah… baby?” I call him, stretch my body a little. I give Yugyeom a kiss, “You have to wake soon, baby. Daddy and Appa are waiting for you. I love you, son.”
 
“Jae?” I call Youngjae again. Then, the door to the room opens. I look as Youngjae enters the room. There’s a black shade under his eyes. Did he not sleep again last night?
 
“Oh, hyung. You are awake.” He approaches me to give me my morning kiss.
 
“Yugyeom is sleeping now. He has been awake about two hours ago. He will be fine. I know it.” Youngjae informs me as he sit beside the bed.
 
“Why didn’t you wake me up when Yugyeom was up?” I ask him. He stares at me hard, “Because it’s hard to wake you up, hyung. I didn’t get any sleep last night. I keep Yugyeom’s company.” He says, making me feel shamed. 
 
“Oh. Did I?” I sheepishly ask. He chuckles. For the first time since the incidents, I hear his chuckle.
 
“You will laugh more from now on, Jae.” I say as I take his hand and kiss it. 
 
“I know.” He simply says.
 
“Da… daddyyy… Ap…Appa…” Yugyeom is voicing. Youngjae and I immediately look after him.
 
Youngjae takes his hand, “Yes, baby… I am here. Appa is here too.” Yugyeom slowly opens his eyes and force a smile, “Daddy… I… I miss you.”
 
Youngjae gives Yugyeom an assuring smile, “I miss you too, sweety.”
 
“Daddy… my hands and my legs are hurt so bad. I can’t move them. I want to hug you, daddy… I want to hug you… Hug me, daddy…” Yugyeom whines. I look at Youngjae briefly, “I’ll call the doctor,” I say. As I am about to leave them, Yugyeom calls me, “Appa… don’t go.”
 
“I won’t. I’ll just call the doctor, baby,” I kiss his cheek. “Stay here with daddy, alright?” he nods.
 
I leave for a moment and back again, finding Yugyeom is in Youngjae’s embrace, on his lap. Youngjae tries hard to not making Yugyeom in pain while keeping him in his embrace.
 
“Hello, Yugyeom, how are you?” Nichkhun greets him. Yugyeom looks at him in awe.
 
“I will examine you now, okay?” Nichkhun softly says. Yugyeom immediately hides his face in Youngjae’s chest.
 
“Baby…” Youngjae calls him.
 
“No, Yugyeom. I won’t ask you to climb down from your mother’s embrace,” Nichkhun gives him a genuine smile. Yugyeom lifts his head, “Really?”
 
“Yes. Now, may I examine you? It won’t be hurt, I promise.” Yugyeom nods. I watch this carefully. How Nichkhun ‘hyung’ examines Yugyeom who winces in pain a little and Youngjae keeps soothing his back and whispering soft words to his ears to distract Yugyeom from the pain.
 
“It isn’t hurt, is it?” Nichkhun finishes his job. Yugyeom looks at Youngjae hard, “Daddy…”
 
“Yes, baby? Is it hurt?” Yugyeom shakes his head.
 
“Ouch!” He yelps in pain, making me and Youngjae worry.
 
“Why, baby? Tell us.” I say. Yugyeom keeps holding his head and he begins to cry, “Daddy… daddy… my head hurts so much. Daddy…” 
Youngjae tighten his embrace around Yugyeom. I wrap myself around them too.
 
“He will be fine. It’s just the effect from the collision on his head. He will have a headache for a while, only sometimes. That’s why, try not to move his head so much. His physical test result is showing the good. He will recover soon. Don’t worry, Jae.” Nichkhun assures us.
 
“Really, hyung?” Youngjae asks him, worry.
 
“Yes. Trust me, Jae. Yugyeom is an amazing kid. He’s just got an accident, and lost so much blood, but now… look at him, he can talk with you already. Other patient usually will take more days to recover. He is strong kid, just like you.” Nichkhun compliments him.
 
“And… I suggest you not to leave his side since he depends on you so much, Jae. You can keep him in your embrace if that’s he want, but try not to hurt him in his wounds. And, Jaebum-ah… can I talk with you for a while?” I look at Nichkhun before giving Youngjae a question look. Youngjae nods his head, so I trail behind Nichkhun hyung.
 
“So, Jaebum-ah…”
 
“What’s that, hyung? Is it about Youngjae?”
 
“Yes, mostly. And about Yugyeom too.” He pauses, “When Youngjae pregnant, he really took care of Yugyeom well. Youngjae kept saying that just like he wanted, he got pregnant. He really wanted a son on his own since he lived alone. He’s been suffering so much. Yugyeom was born in premature condition. He was born before his time because Youngjae involve in an accident.
 
He got in an accident on the way to you, Jae. He had been decided to tell you, but… yeah, fate wasn’t speaking the same. So, he gave labor a month early. That’s why Yugyeom stayed in incubator for a long time. And, it’s also because Youngjae isn’t woman, he can’t feed Yugyeom. He only has a uterus, not .” He pauses again.
 
Suddenly, I remember when I said Yugyeom isn’t like a five years old, his body is smaller than his friends. Youngjae said that it’s because Yugyeom stayed in incubator for a long time.
 
“Yugyeom wasn’t really stable at that time and Youngjae kept asking me to try anything to make him survive. So, Yugyeom stayed long in the incubator. Youngjae likes to keep Yugyeom in his embrace, that’s why Yugyeom will always calm in his embrace. It’s been his habit, I think.
 
And, this is impotant. You should know that it was hard for Youngjae to give a birth of Yugyeom. He almost died. He kept begging me to let Yugyeom live, even he died. I asked him that if Youngjae died, who will took care of him. Youngjae said your name. That was the first time Youngjae told me about you being the daddy of Yugyeom.
 
When you think about it, it may seem so weird and unbelievable. Youngjae couldn’t believe it too when I told him about his pregnancy. He kept saying that he is a man, he can’t be pregnant. But, when I gave him the proof of Yugyeom’s fetus, he believed me. Jaebum-ah… Youngjae isn’t weird. He is just a bit different. However, I don’t think that he can get pregnant again since his first pregnancy took so many risks. You should know this before Youngjae tell you the other secret.” He pauses. 
 
“So… Even if we do making love, his chance to get pregnant again almost zero, hyung? He won’t get pregnant again?” I ask him, curious.
 
“Well… the chance is always there, but too little. Youngjae can get pregnant again, however it will be hard for him since men’s pregnancy takes so many risks, Jaebum-ah. I prefer Youngjae to stay safe.” Nichkhun explains. I nod in understanding. I want Youngjae safe too.
 
“I will understand Youngjae, hyung. Thank you so much for telling me this. I don’t even know that Youngjae got an incident on the way to me.” I say it lifeless. Youngjae got in incident on the way to me. And I couldn’t even stay beside him during his pregnancy.
 
“Oh, and Jaebum-ah… tell Youngjae not to worry so much. If Yugyeom keeps showing the great result, he will recover soon.” Nichkhun stops me on my track.
 
“Yes, hyung. Once again, thank you so much.” I bow to him.

 

The guys and my father had just left. They paid visit for some hours, entertaining Yugyeom. Yugyeom refuses to climb down from Youngjae’s embrace. He will whine a lot if Youngjae goes to bathroom. Like now.
 
“Appa… why daddy is taking so long?” he asks me. I take a sit beside him, wrapping my arms around him carefully.
 
“Appa…” he calls me. I look down to him.
 
“I love you,” he simply says. I feel that he notice my guiltiness.
 
“I love you too, son. Baby, I am sorry that I haven’t stayed with you so much. I am sorry that I’ve just appear after five years. It must be hard for you and daddy.” I say to him, caressing his chubby cheeks.
 
“No, Appa. Daddy was happy too. However, he is happier now. I can tell you. Daddy really loves you, Appa. So, you have to be good to him. I love both of you, Appa.” Yugyeom says, smiling so bright.
 
“I love you too, more than you know. Do your legs and hands still hurt?” I ask him.
 
“Look, Appa. I’ve got so many wounds. It hurts for a while, but not anymore. Just, I can’t move my legs so much, it’s hurt so much. But my hands are getting better. No more pain if I move them. I hope I can move my legs faster. I want to dance, Appa. Do you think I can recover soon?” he cutely asks me as he shows me his wounds.
 
“Yes. You will recover soon. Uncle Nichkhun said so. You have to be a good boy so you can dance again, faster. You have to listen to Uncle Nichkhun, alright?” 
 
“Yes! Tonight, I want to sleep with daddy and you, Appa.”
 
“But… your bed is small, Gyeom. I and daddy will fall down as soon as you sleep,” I chuckle. He laughs too.
 
“You are right, Appa.” He is pouting, thinking about the way to sleep together. I laugh looking at him so seriously thinking. Then, Youngjae enters the room.
 
“What are you thinking, baby?” he walks closer to us.
 
“Uhm… daddy… I am thinking about how we can sleep together. I want to sleep with you and Appa, daddy…” Yugyeom pouts. I chuckle for a while before pulling away from the hug.
 
“Let me solve this problem.” I say as I climb down from the bed.
 
“Where are you, hyung?” Youngjae asks me as he walks closer to Yugyeom who immediately clings to him.
 
“Just wait for a moment, okay?” I ask them. They look at me, frowning. I mentally say to capture their exact same confuse expression once again.
 
I back to the room with the nurses. “Hey, baby… we will change room.”
 
“Hyung?” Youngjae calls me in disbelieve.
 
“What? My baby said he wants to sleep with me and you, Jae. I just fulfill his wish. And we will move in to the VVIP room who has a double king size bed,” I say, exaggerated a bit, making Yugyeom laughs in Youngjae’s embrace.
 
“So, baby… would you mind to pull off your embrace from your daddy?” I ask Yugyeom who immediately pull away from Youngjae, leaving Youngjae dumbfounded. He sighs before climbing down the bed.
 
We move to the bigger room with a bigger bed just like Yugyeom wants. Yugyeom is so happy as he begins to move his body excessively. It takes Youngjae’s desperate voice to stop him from dancing on the bed.
 
“Yugyeom-ah… baby… you will hurt yourself again if you don’t stop, baby.” Youngjae warn him. Yugyeom immediately silent, “I am sorry, daddy.”
 
Youngjae sighs and scoots closer to Yugyeom, pulling him in to a hug again, “No, baby. I am sorry. I don’t angry with you. I am just worry that you will hurt youself again. I don’t want to see you wincing in pain, baby.” Youngjae lifts Yugyeom’s face to look at his eyes. Yugyeom nods and hug Youngjae back.
 
“Appa?” Yugyeom calls me, pulls away from the hug. I immediately walk closer to them and climb up the bed, positioning myself beside Yugyeom.
 
“Appa is here, baby. I will always stay beside you forever, with daddy too.” I assure him, kissing his cheeks.
 
“Now… let’s sleep, baby. You have to take a rest if you want to go home soon,” Youngjae reminds him. Yugyeom snuggles closer to him, bringing my left hand with him as he hug my arms and snuggles to Youngjae’s chest. He immediately falls asleep.
 
“Hyung…” Youngjae calls me.
 
“Hm?” I hum, lifting my head to look at him.
 
“Do you want to hear the story now?” Youngjae hesitantly ask. I shift a bit, before nodding eagerly, “Tell me. I will listen to you.”

 

a.n: the next chapter will be Youngjae's story.

Prepare yourself. I will update it today too because I don't want you to wait again. Kkkk~

 

Enjoy! ^^