Amusement Park and Thunder

Another Beginning: When I Meet You

-ANOTHER BEGINNING: CHAPTER 5- 


 

Finally weekend comes. I get ready to take Yugyeom to Amusement Park. Today, I and Yugyeom will have an excellent date in Amusement Park. And the weather is so nice to take the kid outside the home. Unfortunately, Youngjae can’t go with us. He has to give an extra lesson for his students who will join competition.
 
Actually, I prefer to live again with him. But, I know him so well. He really needs a time to take me. He’s been trying so hard to fight with the guiltiness over me and my dad. I know it. I always know it all, even after all of the time.
 
For me, waiting a little bit more won’t kill me because this time is different. I don’t wait alone. I am waiting with amazing kid, my son, Choi Yugyeom. If I married with Youngjae later, Yugyeom’s name will be changed. Like Yugyeom said, “Im Yugyeom is a lot cuter than Choi Yugyeom, daddy.” Yugyeom is a smart kid.
 
I arrive at Youngjae’s apartment around 9 am. Youngjae opens the door and immediately runs towards the kitchen again.
 
“I am preparing your lunch, hyung. I am sorry, it’s a bit mess here.” He says from the kitchen.
 
“It’s okay, Jae. Take your time. Where is Yugyeom?” I ask from the living room.
 
“I am here, Appa! Daddy, I am done!” I heard Yugyeom’s loud voice from the bathroom.
 
Youngjae enters the living room again and immediately goes towards the bathroom.
 
“He slept late last night. He’s been so excited to have a date with you, hyung. So, he kept talking about it even though I told him to sleep early.” Youngjae explains as he picks Yugyeom up towards his bedroom.
 
“Daddy, I can put my clothes by myself. I am older now.” Yugyeom pouts, making me chuckle.
 
“Okay. This is your clothes. And I will leave you with Appa here.” Youngjae dashes to the kitchen again. I help Yugyeom put his clothes.
 
“Daddy is jealous of me because I can get a date with you, Appa,” Yugyeom whispers as he buttons his shirt.
 
“Really?” I say in unbelievable tone. He nods.
 
“Oh, and how are you, baby? Are you ready to take an unforgettable day?” I ask him since he was sick a few days ago. He nods, “I am alright, Appa. Don’t worry.” He grins, making me chuckle. He is really cute.
 
“Daddy keeps saying weird things since last night.” He adds.
 
“What’s that, baby?”
 
“He nagged at me. He told me to be a good boy and don’t be a burden for you and that I have to listen to you well. And he said how he wished he could go with us because he wants to control me. I think… it’s because he is jealous, Appa.” Yugyeom smiles. 
 
For a five-six-to-be years old kid, Yugyeom is definitely smarter than any others kid because he can speak very well. I am surprised for the first time I met him since he spoke so well. He is a talkative kid. Youngjae is taking a big role to make him grows up awesome. 
 
“I’ll definitely take a date with both of you,” I smile to him. He shakes his head, unagreed, “You have to take him to a date, Appa. And I will have a date with grandpa.” He says. I nod, can’t agree more.
 
“Okay. Here we go. Let’s tell your daddy that we are ready to go.” Youngjae pack us a lunch and he reminds Yugyeom about the thing he has to do. I should stop him or Yugyeom will get annoyed with him. I mentally chuckle since Yugyeom sometimes is a very mature kid.
 
“Okay, Daddy. I know it all.” He says, pouting.
 
“Well… If you have understood…” Youngjae gives him a kiss and unconsciously give me a kiss too. He looks shy and immediately sends us off. I high-five Yugyeom in the hall way. Today is definitely going to be awesome.

 

I spend a great time with Yugyeom in the Amusement Park. Youngjae calls once to ask about Yugyeom and making sure that he is okay. I tell him not to worry. And after that, he doesn’t call anymore.
 
I ride a lot of rides in the Amusement Park with Yugyeom. I never think that Yugyeom is such a brave kid. He enjoys his time riding scary rides which Youngjae won’t even look at them.
 
“Appa… I am hungry,” Yugyeom squishes my hand tightly. I look down at him.
 
“Hm… shall we eat lunch under the tree?” I ask him. He nods excitedly then running away towards the tree, “Here, Appa! Here!”
 
I walk towards him and sit in the bench under the tree with Yugyeom. He is so excited to eta his lunch that Youngjae made this morning.
 
“Hurry up, Appa. I am hungry,” he whines. I chuckle, pinching his nose, “Be patient, baby… so, here you go.” I hand him the lunch box.
 
“Hm, delicious. Daddy’s foods are always good,” he compliments Youngjae. I laugh with him. We keep eating when two men approach us.
 
“Mind to share a bit, hyung?” Jackson steals my food. Yugyeom looks at them confusedly. He tugs my shirt. I bent down to give my ear for him.
 
“Daddy… why did he steal your food?” he whispers to me. I chuckle at him, “Yugyeom-ah… this man who steal my food is Jackson. Call him Uncle. And this handsome man is Mark. Call him Uncle Mark. They are my best friends, baby.” I introduce them.
 
Yugyeom’s mouth goes to latter O shape, “Oooh, annyeonghaseyo, Uncle Jackson and Uncle Mark. I am Yugyeom. Choi Yugyeom,” he smiles brightly.
 
“He looks like Youngjae when smile,” Mark comments.
 
“Of course, I am my daddy’s son, Uncle,” Yugyeom pouts, making us laugh.
 
“And your pout too, just like him,” Jackson adds, making Yugyeom pouts even more.
 
“I don’t understand adults,” Yugyeom mumbles as he keeps munching his foods.
 
“Yugyeom-ah… so, is Jaebum your Appa, now?” Jackson asks. Yugyeom nods, stealing a glance at Jackson. He tugs my shirt again, “Appa, this Uncle is weird, isn’t he?” he softly whispers to me, making me crack on laugh, leaving Jackson and Mark dumbfounded.
 
“What? What did he say?” Jackson asks, curiously.
 
“He said that you are weird, Jackson-ah.”
 
“What? Hey, kiddo, I am not weird, I am wild and y Jackson, yo~” Jackson defends. 
 
“Do you know the weird one? That’s your daddy and Appa.” He adds, making Yugyeom tugs my shirt again, but this time he hid his face behind me.
 
“Jackson-ah… look, he is sad now. Don’t say mean thing to him,” I scold Jackson.
 
“Baby…” I softly call him, “Uncle Jackson was kidding you.” I try to lift his mood.
 
“But, he said bad about daddy and you, Appa,” he sadly says. I remember that he must be sensitive over the word ‘weird’, more over about the comment of Youngjae. I blame it to his friends.
 
I sigh as I pull him to sit on my lap. “Yugyeom-ah… I was just kidding. Your daddy is awesome!” Jackson feels a guilty looking at Yugyeom’s terrible face.
 
“Yes, baby… Uncle Jackson didn’t mean a bad thing, baby,” I join him.
 
“Appa…” he looks at me cutely. “Uhm, I want to pee,” he says, not relevant with the situation.
 
“PEE? When I try to apologize?” Jackson exclaims.
 
“Jackson-ah… can you shut your mouth for a while?” Mark scolds him.
 
“Whooops. Okay.” Jackson immediately shut his mouth.
 
I take Yugyeom to the bathroom. After we finish, Yugyeom refuses to go out. 
 
“Why, baby?” I ask him, confuse.
 
“I am still sad, Appa.” He admits. I mentally slap Jackson.
 
“Why? You know that Jackson Uncle didn’t mean the bad thing, baby,” I assure him. He stares hard at me.
 
“Can you call Daddy, Appa? I… I want to hear daddy’s voice,” he asks. I nod, taking out my phone to call Youngjae.
 
“Hyung? Why?” Youngjae immediately greets me with a worry tone. I hand the device to Yugyeom.
 
“Daddy… daddy…” Yugyeom calls him.
 
“Oh, baby. What happen? Did you have fun?” 
 
Yugyeom hold back his tears, “Daddy…”
 
“Yugyeom-ah… what happen, baby?”
 
“I… I met Appa’s friends here. And he said something bad about you, daddy. I am sad,” Yugyeom whines, can’t control his sob.
 
“Daddy…” he keeps calling Youngjae.
 
“Who is he, baby? What did he say?” Youngjae softly asks.
 
“He said you are weird, because I am weird just like you. He is… he is… Uncle Jackson,” Yugyeom mumbles between the sobs. I hear Youngjae let a big sigh.
 
“I know him. Don’t worry, baby, Uncle Jackson is a good and funny person. He didn’t mean the bad thing. It’s just his way to express his affection towards me and you. That you are my son, so you resemble me a lot. Do you understand, baby?”
 
“Really, daddy?” he asks.
 
“Yes, baby. Or… do you want me to come to the Amusement Park?” Youngjae asks, still worry, obviously.
 
“No. You have to teach your students, daddy. I am alright. Appa is with me.” Yugyeom is a bit calm now. I always amazed by Youngjae’s skill to calm Yugyeom down, even with his voice only.
 
“Okay. Have fun! I will wait for your story, sweety.”
 
“Yes. Daddy?”
 
“Hm?”
 
“I love you.”
 
“I love you too, Gyeom. I will see you at home?” 
 
“Yes, daddy!” he hung up. 
 
“So, how was it, baby?” I ask Yugyeom. He smiles at me, “I feel better, Appa. Let’s go!” after that, we join Jackson and Mark again. Yugyeom says his sorry to Jackson while Jackson keeps apologize to him. And just like a magic, Yugyeom and Jackson become two best friends. I love it because Yugyeom laughs a lot today and he seems to forget about the bad thing that happen to him a few days ago.
 
“So, he is an adopted kid? Youngjae’s adopted kid?” Mark asks me while we are walking down the path. Yugyeom is playing with Jackson.
“Yes. Youngjae told me so.” I simply say.
 
“I see. But, don’t you think that Yugyeom resembles you and Youngjae a lot?” Mark looks at me. I look at him briefly, “Do you think so?”
“Yes. Because, if you never said that he is adopted, I will believe that he is your own son, Jae.” I look at Mark hard.
 
“Really?” Mark nods.
 
“Yes, Jae. Yugyeom might have Youngjae’s personality and eyes, but his physical creature is yours, mostly.” Mark simply says, leaving me playing with my mind alone. Then, I remember about what Youngjae said a few nights ago. What if Yugyeom is his own son? He gave me vibe of you and Youngjae, my father said so. 

 

The great weather is playing a big role for this awesome day. But, on the way home, the weather suddenly gets cloudy. Yugyeom is sleeping in the passenger’s seat next to me. I feel anxious as I begin trembling, hearing a little scream of thunder in far away. I immediately drive to Youngjae’s apartment. Yugyeom is still sleeping when I pick him up and put him on the bed.
 
Youngjae isn’t home yet. It’s just me and sleeping Yugyeom. The rain is falling in no time and it gets bigger and bigger. I can’t help myself as I begin trembling again. I am so scared but I can’t be scare since I have to protect Yugyeom.
 
The thunder screams once… and twice… and thrice… and I lose count. I lost the battle as I hug Yugyeom tight to calm myself. I begin crying. I close my eyes tight, but my heartbeats still beating crazily. Yugyeom wakes up due to the tight hug I give him.
 
“Appa?” I heard he calls me, whispering to my ear.
 
“Appa… why are you trembling?” he asks me.
 
“Appa? Are you okay?” his voice laces a worry. I just tighten the hug and silently crying. I left Yugyeom in the dark as he must be scared and confused to my action. In this time, my phone rings.
 
“Appa, your phone.” Yugyeom says as he pats my back. I pull away from the hug as I take my phone from my pocket. I pick it up, but before I speak, a thunder scream again and I drop the phone as I pull Yugyeom again.
 
“Appaaaa….” Yugyeom begins crying. I heard a voice from my phone, it’s Youngjae calling my name, but I don’t have any strength to pick it up. Instead, Yugyeom picks it.
 
“Daddy… D-daddy… Ap-appa is…” Yugyeom says between his muffle sobs.
 
“Appaa… Appaa…” he keeps calling my name.
 
“I… I am sorry, baby,” I manage to voice out. I heard Youngjae say, “Wait for me.”
 
In less than ten minutes, Youngjae comes home. He immediately runs towards Yugyeom’s room.
 
“Hyung! Yugyeom! Are you okay?” Obviously not. I am still trembling hard and Yugyeom is crying now, he keeps calling me.
 
“Hyung?” Youngjae takes me to his embrace. He pats my cheeks lightly while keeps calling me.
 
“Hyung, open your eyes. I am here. It’s okay now.” He softly whispering to my ear. I slowly open my eyes and find Youngjae’s smiling and assuring face in front of me.
 
“It’s okay. I got you, hyung.” he smiles. He wraps his arms around me tighter. I can feel his warmness now and this is all I need. I immediately feel safe and calm again. Yugyeom stops crying, instead he keeps patting my arms and caressing my cheek.
 
“Daddy… is Appa okay?” I heard he asks, concern.
 
“Yes, baby. Appa is fine now. Don’t worry. Come here, baby.” I feel Yugyeom shifts closer.
 
“Is Appa afraid of thunder, Daddy?” he asks innocently.
 
“Yes. Appa has a bad memory of thunder. So, he is afraid of thunder.” Youngjae softly explain.
 
“Appa…” Yugyeom calls me. I hear his voice, but I can’t open my eyes.
 
“Appa… don’t be afraid. I will protect you.” He softly says in my ear, caressing my cheek. I only nod my head.
 
“Hyung? Can you walk? Let’s get to my room.” Youngjae says as he slowly caressing my hair. I open my eyes, nodding. I feel better.
 
“Are you okay, Appa?” Yugyeom asks me. I look at him, “I am okay, baby. I am sorry, I must be scared you.” he shakes his head.
 
“No, Appa. Next time, Yugyeomie will protect you.” he says as he kisses my lips. I pull him in to hug, “Thank you, baby.”
 
That night, I sleep in Youngjae’s apartment again. Youngjae and Yugyeom stay beside me all the night. They keep hugging me tight and I feel safe in their embrace. Youngjae is right, Yugyeom is always understanding.

 

 

A.N: Another chapter is up! Wow, I've been so active, right? Kkkk~

Because you gave me sincere support through your comments. ^^

 

So, how was it? I bet everyone has known where this story lead to. Hehe.

Enjoy!!! ^^

I will update again tomorow ^^

Till next update ^^