Trace of Memories Pt. 2

Another Beginning: When I Meet You

It's double update. Make sure you read the previous chapter.

Leave some comments. I would be appreciate it.

Enjoy! ^^ 


-ANOTHER BEGINNING: CHAPTER 27- 

 


 

We are walking on the small road, trailing the path to the park while holding hands. It’s still spring, but feels like summer because the leaves are slowly changing colors. It’s beautiful with some birds flying on the sky.
 
“So, Appa… when did you start falling in love with mommy? You haven’t told me yet, Appa.” Yugyeom asks, looking at me. I look down at him, smiling, tightening my hold on his small hand.
 
“Uhm… it’s such a long story, baby. Let’s say… for the first time, I fell in love with someone because of his angelic voice. At that time, I didn’t know nor met him yet. Turn out to be… your mommy was my junior in my college. He had a performance and I was there watching him. That was the first time I fell in love with him. Just by his voice, not knowing his face yet his name because I came late at the festival.
 
And then… I never searched for him. I guessed because I thought that it just a temporarily feeling. And that was true because when I first saw him in the bus, looking at him who smiled brightly to the bus driver, he looked like an angel. I fell in love with him, right at that moment, on the first sight.” I pause, chuckling at my own story. I see Youngjae’s giving me the same sweet smile.
 
“And then… let’s say that after that, I began to know him more. I tried to always keep in touch with him because I didn’t want to lose him. It’s funny, right? I can say that sometimes I can be very selfish, but with him… it wasn’t just my selfishness, but he brought out my possessiveness also. I was so possessive about him. And still I am. 
 
And then, your grandma passed away. Since then, I lived with your mommy in our house. One day, he had a performance and I was there to watch him. At that time, I just realize that the person with angelic voice that I had fallen in love with and the person with angelic face and smile that I had fallen in love with in the bus is the same person. He was your mommy. I was so shock knowing the truth.” I feel proud telling this story to my son.
 
“Wow… that was a real drama, Appa.”
 
“And… it must be destiny.” I add. Yugyeom nods excitedly.
 
“Do you know about this, mom?” 
 
“I do, sweety.”
 
“How was your feeling back then?” Yugeyom asks curiously. He is so eager to know more about our sweet and beautiful past.
 
“Well… I was shock at first and after that I just loved your Appa more and deeper.” 
 
“Uuuuggghhh… shiver…” Yugyeom fakes a shivering act, rubbing his hands to his body. We laugh at him. And unconsciously, we arrive at the park. There are some people playing there, mostly kids. I find a free bench under the tree. We sit there.
 
“Look at that small cave, baby?” I say, pointing at the not-too-far cave across our bench.
 
“Yes, Appa. What is that?” Yugyeom asks.
 
“That was the cave where your mommy loved to hide in. Your grandma told me so. That whenever mommy was sad or angry or annoyed, he would hide inside that cave and crying so that grandma wouldn’t know it. He loved spending his time in this park. Right, baby?” I look at Youngjae. Yugyeom looks at him too.
 
“Yes. I love being here. It feels so nostalgic when you told me again, hun. Suddenly, all of my memories are back. Oh, and that rock, sweety… can you see it?” he pauses.
 
“That was his concert hall, baby.” I finish it for Youngjae, earning a glare from my sweet wife.
 
“Really, mommy? You sang there?” Yugyeom asks in disbeliefs and amazed.
 
“Yes. I sang there. I loved being on the stage and that was my first stage.” And we end up telling our story to Yugyeom. Yugyeom is so cute when he nods or asks eagerly, wanting to know more about us.
 
“And… you know that mommy loves rainy day the most, right?” I ask my son. He nods. Everyone who knows Youngjae must know this little secret.
 
“Your mommy and rainy days is matched in heaven. I love seeing them together. One of my favorite moments was when mommy played piano and sang his favorite song for me while it’s rain outside. I really loved that moment. Here, I still save the video of him. I used to see this video when we were apart.” I tell them.
 
“Honey?” he looks at me in disbeliefs.
 
“Look…” I put my phone in front of them, playing a saved video from it. The video shows him singing an English love song for me. He was sitting in front of the piano and the background was rain.
 
The video is ended with a cute Youngjae doing aegyo song and a shy “I love you”.  Looking at them watching this video making me want to hear that song again.
 
“Baby… can you sing that song to me again?” I ask Youngjae. He looks deeply at me, thinking.
 
“Yes, mommy. I want to hear that too.” Yugyeom helps me.
 
“But… there is no piano here.” He says.
 
“Oh… you are right. But, I really want to hear you sing.” I whine unconsciously.
 
“Hmmm… I will sing to you later, okay. Now, let’s just play in this park. Don’t you want to play, baby? Look, there are so many kids here. Why don’t you make some friends?” Youngjae smiles. Yugyeom is silence, judging his advice a bit before nodding.
 
“Okay. I will go play!” He climbs down the bench and runs towards some kids.
 
“Play safe, baby!” I shout. He turns around, hearing my voice, and making an ok sign with his fingers.
 
“So… it’s just us again.” Youngjae says, sitting closer to me. I wrap him in my embrace as he rests his head on my shoulder, closing his eyes.
 
“Yugyeom is so adorable. Now, he knows all of our stories, baby.” I softly say, caressing his head.
 
“Yes. I am glad that he takes our story in a good way, even our break up. Honestly, I was a bit hesitant to talk about our break up with him. But, I trust you and I trust Yugyeom. So, it’s kind a give me courage to tell you. I was surprise by his reaction. I didn’t think that he would take that story so calm like a mature boy.”
 
“He is our big boy, baby. Don’t forget it.” I chuckle.
 
“But he is our baby, honey. He will forever be our baby, no matter how old he is.” Youngjae says. I agree.
 
“By the way… are you okay? Not tired?” I ask the same question again.
 
Youngjae lets a chuckle, “I am okay. A little bit tired, but okay. And I feel so good.”
 
“Let’s take a rest while Yugyeom is playing. We’ll go on lunch time. How?”
 
“Okay.” He says softly, taking my hand and bring it to hug him tighter. Then. Silence is consumed us. It’s a nice and comfortable silence.
 
“I love you.” He suddenly says.
 
I am a little surprise because I thought he falls asleep. I kiss his head while saying, “I love you too. So much.”

 


 

We go on the lunch time. Yugyeom whined that he was hungry after playing. We took bus to go to the café in front the university. Once we told it, Yugyeom became so excited.
 
Once we arrived, the first thing we noticed was the decoration of the café was still the same as the last time we were there. We took a seat beside the window and I noticed that there was a piano in the corner of the café. 
 
“Baby… wait here.” I excuse myself. I walk to ask to the manager if we can use the piano. I really want Youngjae to sing to me and here we find a piano. Better now than later, right…
 
The manager gives his permission and I walk back to my seat with a mischievous smile. And Youngjae catches it right away.
 
“What’s with that smirk?” he asks. Yugyeom lifts his head from his food to look at me.
 
“Nothing. Just I am so happy today.” I simply say before taking a seat.
 
“Oh.” He answer, his eyes not leaving mine as he gives me an suspicious look.
 
We eat in complete silence. After done, I take Youngjae’s hand, “Baby…”
 
“Huh?” he looks at me questionably.
 
“Can you see over there?” I ask, pointing at the direction where the piano is.
 
“Y-yes?” he gulps, blinking his eyes a few times.
 
Yugyeom darts his eyes to the direction too, “Oh, it’s piano, mommy! Sing, mommy, sing!” Yugyeom shouts our excitedly.
 
I grin because Yugyeom says it for me, “Please, baby… sing to me. Hm?” I plead, giving him my best pleading look, cupping his hands on mine.
 
“Here?” he asks in disbeliefs.
 
“Yes. Here. You said that you can’t sing because there was no piano in the park. So, here we found piano. Sing, baby…” I say trying to look as rational as I am.
 
“Ah… so just now… you disappeared…”
 
“I talked to the manager.” I grin widely.
 
He takes a deep sigh. “Well… if you insist…” he says as he stands up. I help him to walk to the piano, holding his hands.
 
“I will sit here. I want to have a better view. Right, Yugyeom?” I sit on the chair in front of Youngjae with Yugyeom.
 
“Right, Appa. Fighting, mommy…”
 
Youngjae takes another deep sigh as he fixing his hair a little and dress before hitting the first note. I get ready with my phone, can’t miss this opportunity to record another video of him.
 
Youngjae begins to sing. His angelic voice is shaking me up.
 
It always appeared before me
Your face, I remember
My heart that stopped short
You spitefully took my disfunctional heart
And with your bright smile
That's how you easily opened my heart
 
He looks at me, smiling while hitting another lyric.
 
It's true, that is how I became your man
All my unpleasant memories, I no longer recall
Because the hand that holds me tight
is as warm as spring
 
And now like a dream my heart
has gradually stopped by your side
Without awakening for a single moment,
I dream an endless dream
 
 
As he is about to hit the chorus, he closes his eyes. I look at him intensively as his lips curving up and side down.
 
And now like breathing,
if you were to always rest by my side
if you were to always remain this way
nothing better nothing better than you
nothing better nothing better than you
 
And now like a dream, My heart
in your embrace, is held still
Without awakening for a single moment,
I dream an endless dream
 
And now like breathing,
if you were to always rest by my side
if you were to always remain this way
nothing better nothing better than you
nothing better nothing better than you
 
nothing better nothing better than you
(Jung Yeop – Nothing Better)
 
As he ends his song, he slowly opens his eyes to look at me and Yugyeom who it there without moving. Then, he gives me his brightest smile, just like the first time I saw him in the bus. 
 
I just realize that tt’s been long since the last time he plays piano and sings for me. Somehow, this fact is hitting me hard unconsciously. From now on, I think I want him to lullaby me to sleep again, just like he did for Yugyeom.
 
When his smile turns to laughter, Yugyeom runs to him and hug him.
 
“You are incredible, mommy. I am so happy to hear you sing again. you are awesome. I hope I can sing as good as you, mommy.” Yugyeom praises him endlessly. 
 
I realize that I still record all the moment. I press the button to stop my recording then walk to him.
 
“Thank you. It’s nice to hear your voice again, baby.” He looks up at me. I lean down to him saying “I love you so much,” before closing the gap between us.
 
I kiss him sweetly as I want him to remember this moment as long as I will remember it. Yugyeom’s chuckling breaks us apart.
 
“Hey, honey… why don’t you sing to me too.” Youngjae asks as we get out of the café to finally going home because Youngjae needs his rest. He can’t walk for a really long time.
 
We are walking from the bus stop to our house, hand in hand. Yugyeom is pulling us to run with him. His mood is so good since this morning.
 
“Yugyeom-ah… mommy can’t run, baby. Let’s just walk, okay?” I tell him as he stops from pulling us.
 
“Oh, right. I am sorry, mommy. I forget.” He grins.
 
“It’s okay.” Youngjae smiles. I know that he is tired because he gives me that look.
 
“Tired, baby?” I ask.
 
“Yes. Very.” He answer. Suddenly, Yugyeom breaks the hold of our hands and running, “I will go first, Appa, mommy!” he shouts.
 
“Be careful, baby!” Youngjae shouts back as he encircling his arms on mine. I caress his hand on mine and wrap my arm around him to embrace him better. He looks exhausted.
 
“Do you want me to pick you up, baby?” I ask softly as I caress his cheek. He looks up at me, shaking his head. “I am weight. It’s not too far anyway.” He says.
 
“Okay. Just lean on me, baby.” I tell him to rest his head on my shoulder.
 
“Sing me…” he softly says. I chuckle a bit before intertwining our hands.
 
If I had to live my life without you near me
The days would be all empty
The nights would seem so long
 
I stop. Youngjae squishes my hand, “Huh… why do you stop, honey? I love it.” he says. “Sing again.”
 
I chuckle again, kissing his head. “I will… I just stop to say……..” I trails off before continue to sing.
 
Nothing’s gonna change my love for you 
You ought to know by now how much I love you
One thing you can be sure of
I’ll never ask for more than your love
 
Nothing’s gonna change my love for you
You ought to know by now how much I love you
The world may change my whole life through
But nothing’s gonna change my love for you
 
(Westlife – Nothing’s gonna change my love for you)
 
I stop again, earning a whine from Youngjae.
 
“Honey~ why do you stop again? Sing me the complete song. I really love you voice.” He whines.
 
“We are almost reach our home, baby.” I say, laugh at his sudden childish act.
 
“Okay. You have to sing me to sleep after this or I refuse to sleep and take a rest.” Youngjae threats me.
 
“What are you? A five? Even Yugyeom doesn’t whine about it, baby…” I chuckle, pinching his nose. He pouts, “Fine. I won’t sleep.” He says as he walks faster than me, detaches his body from my embrace.
 
I chuckle at his childishness. “Baby…” I try catching his steps.
 
“Hey…” I grab his arms, making him forcefully turn his body. I pull him closer to me and cup his face as I kiss his lips. I know he is shock because he doesn’t kiss me back immediately. Then, slowly he close his eyes and kiss me back, kissing with my pace. I don’t care if we are in public place, all I care about is the man who carries my son now and I am kissing now.
 
As our lungs burning with the necessity of breath, we unwillingly break this sweet kiss. I feel that I should pull away first because I am the one who kiss him.
 
I put our head together, “Don’t ever walking away from me again, baby. It hurts me so much.” I seriously tell him. he slowly open his eyes to meet mine, mumbling an apologize. I kiss him him lightly, “Don’t apologize. Just tell me that you love me.” I say.
 
He chuckles a bit before pecking my lips, “I love you… so much.” Is the words that softly escape his little mouth. I just need to hear those words. I love you.
 


 

AN: I am so caught with the vines on twitter where JB sang Nothing's gonna change my love for you while looking at Youngjae.

I really love that moment. Kkkk

Oh, and the song that Youngjae sing in this chapter, is so good. Try to listen to it. Trust me! ^^