First Baseball Game

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri was up and bustling around his room, getting ready for the first baseball match of the season. He grabbed his duffel bag and shoved his jersey, phone, wallet and earphones into it. “Ah! Extra clothes!” Yuri reminded himself and went to the wardrobe, grabbing a navy blue pullover and a pair of black pants. 

Unable to hide his excitement, Yuri dropped his bag on the floor and hopped onto his bed, jumping up and down. He had been waiting for this moment for a long time now, considering that their coach was being so hard on them in order to prepare the team for the qualifying round. 

“We’re gonna win this!” Yuri cheered to himself and jumped off the bed, plopping his on the floor. “I need to text my Yoong too… How could I forget?”

 

♡ Yoong bb ♡  i'm awake!!   are you? of course it's my baby's first game of the season 😎 why would i still be asleep?  you have a lecture today anyway pft Kwon Yuri  OKAY I'M SORRY you idiot 😒 are you picking me up today? yeah, don't i always? 😌 well... Yooooonnnngggg :( Yuuuuuuulllll :(  You be a smartass one more time  and I'll seriously find LSG to pick me up i dare you ok fine 

 

Yoona was so cute when she was irritated and Yuri couldn't resist laughing at her reaction to him. Yuri might have been the one who challenged her but in the end, Yuri would be the one to bow down and apologise before anything could happen - which wasn't anything new, really. 

 

♡ Yoong bb ♡ YAH you know i'm just kidding 😢😭😭 do i really? you keep chasing me to LSG so.... 😌 NOOOOOO you go and you come back  wait NO U CANT GO EITHER you just said i could go so fickle, babe you listen to me listening 😊 i will pick you up in 10 mins and you will be there waiting for me fine i'll wait 10 minutes max

 

Speaking of which, Yuri widened his eyes and ran downstairs, grabbing a slice of toast from the toaster. He needed to pick Yoona up in 10 minutes when he wasn't even done with his breakfast. Mrs Kwon saw Yuri running around the kitchen with a slice of toast in his mouth.

“KWON YURI! You sit down and finish your breakfast.” Mrs Kwon pointed at the chair with a scary glare, she wasn’t going to allow Yuri be under-nourished when she knew how important the first game was for every baseball player. “But Umma, I--” “No buts.” Yuri huffed and pulled out a chair, sitting on it with a big pout. How was he going to pick Yoona in ten minutes?

Mrs Kwon bit her lower lip and faced the kitchen sink, she wasn't going to give away the game since it was Yoona's order. Yoona rarely asked her for anything but when she did, it was all for Yuri's benefit so Mrs Kwon would do anything to make it happen. “I want you to finish your toast and at least one pancake. Milk as well.”

Yuri just hummed in response and nibbled at his toast, he was never going to make it in ten minutes if Mrs Kwon was watching him like a hawk. Taking out his phone, he tapped on his conversation with Yoona. 

 

♡ Yoong bb ♡ sorry, baby looks like i really cant pick you in 10 mins get Soo or Taeng to accompany you 

 

Another sigh left his mouth, not realizing that Mrs Kwon was at the front door welcoming someone in. If his mind was in the right place, he would know that it was too early for anyone to visit. He literally leaped out of his skin when he felt a pair of arms wrap around his shoulder. Yoona was standing behind the chair with her hands suspended in mid-air, her eyes wide with shock too. 

“Baby?” Yuri rubbed his chest, “what are you doing here? I thought you were going to leave for school?” Yoona walked towards Yuri with a soft chuckle, he was really too gullible for his own good. She placed her palms on either side of Yuri’s waist, pulling Yuri closer to her. 

Yuri let himself be pulled and hugged Yoona's shoulders, “you’re so beautiful… even in the morning…” Yuri mumbled, his eyes looking downwards at Yoona’s angelic face. Yoona smacked Yuri’s chest, “you’re so cheesy…”

“Only for you.” 

With that said, Yuri let go of Yoona and quickly went back to the table, eating his toast. “seriously, Yoong, “ Yuri swallowed, “what are you doing here so early in the morning?” Yoona pulled out the chair beside Yuri and sat down, “I was already on my way here when you messaged me, Yul. I have to make sure you don’t forget anything and you get there safely, right?” Yuri frowned at Yoona's statement, he didn't like to make Yoona feel like it was her duty to baby him; he was going to buck up today.

Mrs Kwon watched her son and his girlfriend have breakfast together, a smile adorning her face. Yoona matched up to Yuri so well and it would be a pity if they ever broke up because she could already foresee herself being a grandmother to their kids. 

Yuri stood up once he was down and danced his way towards the sink with his plate, enjoying his buttered toast. “Umma! I’ll be seeing you in the stands, right?” Mrs Kwon frowned a little at Yuri’s upbeat tone, “I’m sorry, Hon. I have to visit Miss Yoo down the street today, she needs some herbs and medicine.” Yoona hugged Mrs Kwon from the back and gave the elder woman a kiss, “it’s alright, Umma. Just watch his next game.”

Mrs Kwon turned and gave Yoona a hug back, she could count on Yoona to make Yuri happy. “I promise, I’ll be there.” Yuri smiled at his mother’s words and s his long, muscular arms around his two favourite women. Only Yoona and his mother could ever make him so happy even without them doing anything special.

The baseball player sat in the small space where the door opened, wearing his shoes, “Yoong-ah! Don’t forget your bag! And wear your shoes, hurry!”

Yoona and Mrs Kwon rolled their eyes as they made their way to where Yuri was sitting, “I know Yoona’s slim and y but she ain’t gonna fit into that space meant for ants, Kwon.” Yoona exchanged high-fives with Mrs Kwon, “Umma knows me best. I was going to say that.” Yuri huffed, those two were clearly ganging up against him since he was defenseless. 

 

 

---

 

 

“Soshi Ace! Gather around!”

Coach Lee waited for the team, holding his clipboard against his waist.

 

Yuri – Pitcher [Vice-Cap] 

Jonghyun – Catcher

Zelo – 1st baseman

Hongbin – 2nd baseman

Youngjae – 3rd baseman

Sooyoung – shortstop [Cap] 

Mingyu – left fielder

Minhyuk – Center fielder

BamBam – right fielder

 

Yuri and Sooyoung looked around at their teammates, everyone's expression was roughly the same - nervous, anxious and excitement all mashed into one. Coach Lee patted Hongbin whose legs couldn't stop shaking due to his nerves, it was his first game. “As for the batting order, everyone will go in this order except for BamBam and Yuri. I want you to exchange so BamBam will bat first and Yuri will bat ninth.” 

Jonghyun's eyes travelled to the clock in the locker room, his heart pounding against his chest. He always placed the first game of the season of utmost importance. Yuri took his phone, hurriedly sending Yoona a couple of texts before stretching.

And in the stands sat Yoona who held onto a foam finger with Yuri's name printed on it along with her own Rilakkumma stickers pasted on. She grabbed onto Tiffany's arm, “Unnieeeeee! Why’s the game taking so long to start? Seriously, Yuri’s already nervous enough and they’re still planning?” 

Tiffany shook her head at Yoona, she was probably more eager than their own baseball team. 

“TaeTae, have you seen Jessie anywhere? I haven’t seen her since vocal yesterday…” Taeyeon shook his head with a hint of nonchalance though he was probably more worried than anyone else.

Sunny rolled her eyes at how fake Taeyeon was being right now, he obviously cared for Jessica more than he intended to. “Wait…” Tiffany squinted, her eyes looking towards the entrance, “Isn’t that Jessie with…. AUNTY KWON?!” Yoona followed Tiffany’s gaze the moment she said it and indeed, Jessica was walking with Yuri’s mother.

It didn’t take long for Jessica to scare away the people who were taking up the seats near Yoona and friends but she did and they got seated rather quickly. “Umma, I thought you couldn’t make it today.” Yoona teased, patting Mrs Kwon’s thigh.

Mrs Kwon smiled sheepishly and ran her fingers through Yoona’s auburn locks, “as if I’ll miss my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter