His Favourite

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys!  Thank you for putting in effort to guess what Yoona's surprise for Yuri was & if you got it, please do comment and let me know so I can gift you points 

Please read on & enjoy this chapter! 

 

 

---

 

 

“Oh God! Why is this so difficult to put together?” Yoona cried out, slamming her bed on the table in complete exhaustion.

 

Thanks to Mrs Kwon’s wide connections and Yuri’s friendly nature outside of school, she managed to buy one of the limited editions of the model helicopter that Yuri was dying to get. All Mrs Kwon did was flash her credit card and the cashier scrambled to grab a display case and a proper bag that would keep the parts of the helicopter safe. Thus, apart from getting the helicopter alone, Yoona received a free-of-charge display case and a few shiny labels that were to go on it for design.

Right after buying Yuri’s helicopter, Mrs Kwon decided that going home was a bad idea since Yoona wouldn’t have enough time to put the helicopter together, considering that she wasn’t into building these. So instead of going home, Mrs Kwon brought Yoona to Yuri’s grandmother’s house. And the moment Yoona was done with introductions, she rushed to Yuri’s old room and started on the model helicopter.

“Yoong?” Mrs Kwon poked her head in, “are you about done? It’s already dark outside.” Yoona turned the swivel chair to face Mrs Kwon and pouted, “it’s difficult, Umma. It’s okay, you and Halmeoni can eat first! Let me get this done…” That being said, Yoona went back to building Yuri’s present with a new source of determination.

 

Mrs Kwon walked down the stairs, shaking her head as she chuckled softly. She won’t deny that she was rather skeptical of their relationship in the beginning of the difference in status and wealth. It appeared too much of a coincidence to her because Yoona’s family wasn’t well off and the Kwons’ just happened to be the exact opposite. Yet, Yoona proved her wrong on so many levels and with the assistance of her cheeky first born, Mrs Kwon was definitely wrong about Yoona.

“Well?” Grandma Kwon looked up from her iPad, “where’s that beautiful girl Yuri is in love with?” Mrs Kwon couldn’t help but roll her eyes playfully, her mother always tried to play with words. She went to her mother and placed her hands on her shoulders, “Umma, you can just say that she’s Yuri’s girlfriend.”

Grandma Kwon smacked her daughter’s hand off her shoulder and poked her forehead, “you know I have my own way with words so do not disturb me on that.” Mrs Kwon pouted and moved to have a seat on Grandma Kwon’s left, taking her fork and spoon.

Grandma Kwon smiled and took out her phone that was given to her by Yuri after he received three months worth of salary. “I’m going to call that boy and make him come over.” Mrs Kwon was literally bouncing in her seat when she heard her mother’s words; she desperately wanted to see some sweet moments between Yoona and Yuri. “Don’t be such a crazy shipper, Boa. You’re gonna freak them out…” Mrs Kwon was about to say something else when the call was picked up. 

“Yuri!”

Yuri rubbed his eyes sleepily and put one arm beneath his head, looking around his surroundings in a drowsy manner, “Halmeoni?” It was only at that moment when he realized that he had fallen asleep on the sofa after playing his Xbox while waiting for Yoona. “Halmeoni, is Umma at your place?”

“Oh, yes she is.” The two women exchanged sly grins before Grandma Kwon said, “and there’s someone else here too…”

Who else could be at Grandma’s place?

The tanned baseball player had to wreck his brains for a satisfactory answer because firstly, his brain doesn’t work after long naps. Secondly, he was exhausted at today’s activities in school, which resulted in his hand getting injured and finally, he didn’t manage to see Yoona at all even after he went to the hospital and it was taking a small toll on his entire being. 

Wait… Yoona wasn’t at his place either, could she be…? 

Yuri leaped up from the couch, “Halmeoni, put me on speaker.” Yuri ran up the stairs with his phone in his hand, rushing to his room to get changed into something more comfortable so he could stay over at Grandma’s without having to come back tonight. “Umma! Is Yoong over there?” Yuri asked, reaching one arm behind to strip himself of his shirt. 

“Yes she is! Are you coming?” Mrs Kwon burst into laughter when she could faintly hear Yuri cursing and rushing around in the background, probably upset with her for not telling him that Yoona was with her. 

 

“UMMA I’LL TALK TO YOU ABOUT THIS LATER!” 

 

 

-

 

 

Taeyeon lay on Sunny's bed, busy with his colouring book as well as choosing songs for his playlist. He was very particular about what genre of songs went into his playlist because a certain genre was a perfect match for a certain activity.

For example, when he was busy with Biology assignments, jazz allowed him to concentrate. When he was warming up for vocal practice or recording, pop was best. On the other hand, colouring was a way for him destress and it was rather effective if he might say so himself. Not many people knew how fragile of a person he is partly because he was an introvert without his eight best friends. 

The owner of the room looked up from her DS, “Taeng!” Sunny greeted cheerfully and bounced onto her bed, laying her head on Taeyeon’s slightly toned back. Taeyeon groaned in a joking manner, “hey, bunny. How was your night?” Sunny groaned back and buried her face into Taeyeon’s white t-shirt, “boring. Radio was horrible, I don’t remember why I wanted to major in media anymore.”

“Hey, you shouldn’t think that way,” Taeyeon advised, his hand going to his back to ruffle Sunny’s hair, “you obviously entered that course for a reason so all you need to do is keep being positive and try to bear in mind that nothing good comes easily.”

Sunny sat up and stared at the back of Taeyeon's head, she was so grateful to have him as her best friend even though they didn't look close when they hung out as a group. Taeyeon and her might seem like they're always at loggerheads but the truth is, they're much closer to each other than anyone else. They were comfortable enough to stay over at each other's houses and even sleep in the same bed because they would never progress any further than just best friends. 

Then it hit her, she had to ask Taeyeon something.

She patted Taeyeon’s , “Taengoo, I need to talk to you about something.”

From the tone Sunny was using, Taeyeon knew the topic of the content was going to be severe. He stopped colouring instantly and paused the music coming from his iPhone 6S sitting up to face Sunny. “What is it, Sunkyu?” he said tenderly, “you don’t have to look so nervous. I’m not a stranger, remember?” Sunny giggled and nodded, patting Taeyeon's cheek like a mother hen would do to a baby chick, “I know. Are you ready for what I’m going to ask you?”

Okay, this was officially starting to scare Taeyeon as well.

One, Sunny is never nervous even when they talk about serious things like family problems or relationship problems. Two, Sunny never hesitates and she doesn't ask if he's ready, she just spits her question out like no one's business. Third, unless Sunny has a bad vibe or premonition over what they're about to talk about, she never pats his cheek out of the blue. 

And every single thing she was doing was pointing to something he probably wasn't ready to hear. 

 

 

“Do you like Sica?” 

 

 

 

 

---

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter