Day 3

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I feel terrible.”

“Why’s that?”

Yuri sighed and ran a hand over his face tiredly; he pulled the covers up to his chin with a depressed expression. He honestly tried to control himself but it was so tough, especially after all theexcess  alcohol they had last night. “I mean… we just made it to freaking s-second b-base and we still don’t have a single clue where Fany is right now. This isn’t supposed to happen, not when I’m trying to court you again like when we first started.” Yuri was totally pink in the face, blood rushing to his cheeks at the memory of the night before. He wasn’t supposed to drink but Yoona agreed since it’d definitely take the stress of their minds for a while.

To think this was the result of it all.

Yoona knew that they would have hit homerun last night if Yuri didn’t fall asleep on her and a part of her was grateful, knowing that she might not have had enough strength to stop him.

“Hey…” Yoona was already dressed minimally with one of Yuri’s shirts over her; she rolled herself atop Yuri’s body and rested her hands on either side of his face. She ran her nail along Yuri's jawline and smiled, “it was bound to happen anyway and last night was mutual, okay? I was actually planning to go and find Unnie after breakfast.”

It was definitely more amusing how Yuri’s cheeks were this red because he wasn’t as bashful last night; Yoona was an eye witness and she would carve it into her memory. She leaned in and rested her forehead against Yuri’s, planting chaste kisses on his fine pair of lips to take his mind off things. Yoona had woken up a lot earlier and she had already planned with their maknae to find Tiffany at the club if Yuri didn’t wake up in time to go with her. She could understand completely that Yuri had been up to his neck in stress and heartbreak for the last two weeks since she was hospitalised and they had decided to give this another shot.

Yoona's heart ached whenever she thought about how much Yuri had cried despite the constant reminders from the doctors that she was going to be fine and not on the verge of dying. 

“Yoong… I’m going to go and shower, okay?”

The doe-eyed woman fixated her eyes on Yuri as he shyly got off the bed, covering his bare torso with his arms. She nuzzled her nose into the covers and giggled when Yuri grabbed a fresh boxer and a pair of ripped jeans before running into the bathroom at full speed. Why was her macho man behaving like such a child after a night like that? If anything, Yoona felt pretty shy about it too since she did pounce on Yuri in some way. She could remember how fired up the two of them were last night; Yuri would have pinned her to the kitchen counter if she didn't make the first move.

Thank goodness Sooyoung had chosen to stay the night at Hyoyeon's dorm and not in his own... or he would probably tease them with their own photos and videos all the way to the Antartica.

Yoona stood up slowly and let out a deep yawn, stretching her nimble body as she made her way to the kitchen. She groaned in frustration when she realised that there was nothing in the cupboards, not even instant noodles. “Wonderful. A week after discharge and I’m already going to be eating all my meals outside...” Yoona was especially pissed off because she was determined to get her body back in the pink of health. She wasn't going to let herself fall prey to that goddamn condition ever again, not when there were so many people trying to keep her from going back to the past.

“Hey! Open up!”

Who could be knocking on the door at this time of the morning? With the way they left things the last time they talked about Tiffany, Yoona was fairly sure it wouldn’t be Jessica or Taeyeon.

Yoona opened the door and groaned inwardly; this was going to be awkward indeed. She didn’t like the sight of this woman at all and neither did Yuri but here she was, standing in front of her room. “Do you know what time it is right now? Geez. It's too definitely to be banging on my door like this. We don’t have anything in common, right?” Yoona deadpanned, careful to keep one hand on the back of the door. She had heard so many things from the people around her and Yoona wasn’t one to judge, but it was proof that she ruined Tiffany’s relationship with Sunny.

“I have something for you.”

Without another word, Sunmi walked away after handing Yoona the envelope. Yoona was kind of curious about the contents of the envelope but she didn’t want to open it or something might happen between her and Yuri again. She was fairly confident that neither Yuri nor she would survive through something like that again. Yuri had made it clear the night he stayed over at the hospital with her that he would never intentionally hurt her again. Yoona’s trust in him might have decreased after their last argument but she was willing to risk it all once more – he was her destined one after all.

Yoona was not falling for it, unlike Sunny. She tossed the envelope on the table and headed back into the kitchen, trying to find some options to make with three eggs and a few other ingredients.

“Baby? Let’s go and get coffee,” Yuri came out with a towel around his neck, his torso still bare. He rubbed the back of his neck and made sure to stretch well, unaware of his girlfriend’s eyes on him. “I haven’t bought the necessities yet so there’s noth – Yoong? What is it?”

Yuri took a step forward and took Yoona's flushed face into his hands, gently running his thumb along her pink cheek. He chuckled shyly when he realised why Yoona looked so out of it; she was so mesmorized by the way he was walking around the dorm half- so boldly. Yoona draped her arms around Yuri's fit waist and rested her cheek on his broad chest, basking in the comfort of her boyfriend. She wasn’t supposed to be this comfortable around Yuri just yet but she couldn’t help it, not when Yuri was behaving like such a sweetheart who put her first before everything else.

Yoona had her eyes closed as Yuri’s fingers combed through her hair lovingly; she really was the luckiest girl in the world. She could feel the sincerity in Yuri’s actions, and Yoona was absolutely satisfied.

“Come on.”

 

Seohyun calmly waited for news from her friend; she already knew that Tiffany was somewhere in the club, because there was a room that only VIPs could go into. She wasn't going to ask anyone else for help other than her precious best friend because the group wasn't on very peaceful terms at the moment; it had been clear after that tensed meeting at the cafe. The fact that one single woman on her own had managed to break a relationship and cause issues within their friendships was horrifying. It also showed just how vulnerable that particular relationship was, which upset Seohyun greatly because she had expected a lot more from the two mature ones.

“Have you found anything else, Jongie?” Seohyun asked, her eyes focused on her laptop. She was sitting in the café opposite the club while her friend was at the club. “I know you’re at work, I’m sorry you have to do this for me.”

“It’s not a problem, Noona,” Sungjong smiled as he continued wiping the bar counter. He was discouraged from working in the club but he had to pay for his fees somehow and he didn’t want to depend on his parents. “I don’t know if your friend is really here though, it’s been quiet so far.”

Silence was the response.

Honestly, Seohyun was disgusted at how someone’s heart could be this evil and wicked. She had grasped the difficulty of letting go of past memories but there was no reason for a person to hurt another because of that. There was hardly anyone that Seohyun despised, but the person behind this was the first one. She wouldn't be this angry if it had remained a part of their past but to pull it into the present... it was low. Some people just couldn't accept the reality of not having someone they used to have be happy with someone else, and that was karma for them. It was no one's fault that they didn't know how to cherish their loved ones when they were around.

“Noona… I think she just came in.”

Seohyun clenched her fists at the mention of that sinful spawn of the devil, getting fired up at the thought of Sunmi. That woman brought mayhem to her friends and was still going to clubs? Geez, the lack of conscience some people had was appalling. A part of her wanted to smack the woman unconscious and another part of her wanted to force the truth out of Sunmi; it wasn't too much

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter