Her Apology

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona was pacing up and down in Yuri's room, she couldn't bring herself to look for Yuri right after that little spat they had in the cafeteria in full view of everyone. She didn't just feel embarrassed at her lack of judgement; she was angry at herself for not finding out the truth before berating Yuri in front of their friends. 

God, it must have hurt Yuri so bad.

Mrs Kwon peeked from behind the door, she had never seen Yoona so uptight and worried about something before. Yoona was a sensible girl and a filial daughter to her father as she was to Mrs Kwon herself; a good girlfriend to Yuri. Her grades were spectacular and she was doing fine in Theatre Arts; there was honestly nothing to worry about. Mrs Kwon didn't even worry for Yoona as much as she did Yuri.

“Darling?” Mrs Kwon called out, finally walking into the room. Yoona turned around and blushed a little, she didn’t expect to get caught in Yuri’s room alone. “Yes, Umma?” She felt a lot calmer when Mrs Kwon squeezed her shoulder, “is everything okay? You look a little troubled.”

She felt her shoulders droop, “well,” she could definitely ask Yuri’s mother for advice. Yoona sighed, “I scolded him in front of our friends but honestly, its not his fault. It was mine… I didn’t find out what happened. Besides, he wasn’t the one who started the fight.”

Mrs Kwon gasped at Yoona's revelation, her heart instantly going out to her son. She whispered, “how is he? Did he get suspended?” Yoona shook her head, “thank goodness, no. If he gets suspended, I’ll make sure Siwon gets suspended longer.” Mrs Kwon heaved a huge sigh of relief and suddenly giggled when Yoona’s words sunk in, “and how are you going to do that, Yoong?”

The younger one blushed beetroot red, knowing she couldn’t do much to prevent Yuri from getting suspended if that was the case. “Ummaa…. You know what I mean!” Yoona whined, hugging Mrs Kwon from the side. Mrs Kwon laughed and patted Yoona’s head, breaking the hug.

“Right… so I assume you’re in his room because you want to apologise with style?”

Honestly, Yoona had no clue about what she wanted to do. For now, she really wanted to express her sincerity in apologizing but with a more interesting  method. Yuri loved kiddy things like action figures; car models; model planes – toys, in general. Yoona was aware of which kinds of models Yuri wanted and what he needed to fill his collection so it was fine but getting it in such a short period of time, that was the problem. 

“I know he’s dying to get this model helicopter because it’s solar-powered and is not easily broken apart.” Yoona’s ears perked up at Mrs Kwon’s not-so-subtle hints and she looked up, she really needed to do something. “It’s a limited edition if I’m not wrong and normal toy shops don’t have them. He’s been looking for it for ages.” Mrs Kwon finished up, her finger up on her chin. 

This was going to be more than tricky, Yoona thought.

Yuri wanted a model helicopter and he would never ask it from her directly, he didn’t have to. Anything he wanted, he never asked Yoona because he didn’t believe in asking his girlfriend to buy him things. On the other hand, he welcomed all sorts of requests from Yoona though she never took advantage of that opportunity.

If it was for Yuri, she could do it, “thanks, Umma!”

Yoona was about to run off after giving Mrs Kwon a kiss on the cheek but the elder woman grabbed the hem of her shirt, “no, Yoong… I’ll drive you there.” Soonyoung wasn't around because Seungcheol brought him to school earlier this morning and they were having a 5-day camp at a resort in Gwangju anyway.

Even better.

The car was silent as Mrs Kwon pulled out of the driveway, Yoona humming to herself as she looked out of the window. “Yoona…” Mrs Kwon mumbled, her eyes focused on the road in front of her. Yoona turned to Mrs Kwon and smiled, “yes, Umma?” She frowned when she could feel Mrs Kwon hesitating, a rare sight for the mother she never had, “what is it, Umma? You can tell me anything, you know that…”

Taking a deep breath, Mrs Kwon steadied her breathing, “are you planning to marry Yuri in the future or is this going to be a one-time thing?” Yoona was stunned at how serious the question was; she didn’t think much of it but now that Mrs Kwon asked, it definitely got her thinking more seriously than ever. “Umma,” Yoona sighed, squeezing the woman’s hand, “I can’t give you an answer right now, we’re still young and anything can happen. Don’t worry, I’ll seriously think about this…” 

Marriage was a tricky word for Yoona.

Look at how her parents ended up; her father taking her and her mother taking her sister with her. Yuri's parents were also divorced; his mother now taking both the siblings because Soonyoung was in this state thanks to Mr Kwon's negligence. Everyone involved with her was seperated, would she even last that long with Yuri?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter