First Award?

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri watched proudly as his girlfriend went up on stage with a microphone and cue card in hand, dressed in a beautiful dress. “The only one who could look flawless even when she adjusts her hair is Im Yoona…” Jessica boasted in pride; she was indeed glad to have a cousin whose beauty was out of this world and whose heart was made of pure gold, 

“Yes, only Yoong…” Yuri mumbled as his eyes followed Yoona’s figure going up.

All students were in the indoor sports hall to gather for an award presentation for last year’s performance so they were all in proper uniform – guys with ties and girls with smaller ties. Yoona, being the top scorer and big participant in clubs and societies was chosen to be the MC along with a good-looking jock, Ok Taecyeon. The MCs always needed to dress better than the average student and needless to say, Yoona was mercilessly dragged around the mall by Jessica and Tiffany yesterday.

Yoona was on stage alone but her heart still felt warm and secure, seeing her boyfriend sitting directly in her direction, a big banner held high above his head. She shook her head with a small giggle, remembering that banners were specifically not allowed as the headmaster and headmistress would be there for the event…. Then again, Kwon Yuri didn’t take orders from anyone but her.

 

“So, Yoona… there have been many rumours about you receiving the hot-shot award this year again?” Taecyeon asked, turning towards Yoona as he read out his cue card. Yoona just nodded thoughtfully, “I don’t think those rumours are true though… I haven’t participated much last year…” Taecyeon waved off that comment with a laugh, “If you haven’t, then no one else has participated at all!”

 

In his seat sat a groaning Yuri, crossing his arms over his chest as he watched the huge doofus talk to his girlfriend. Taeyeon rolled his eyes at his best friend’s overly jealous actions, “you know he’s talking based on a cue card right?” Yuri sank deeper into his seat and puffed his cheeks, “SO?!”

That ‘so’ turned out to be a lot louder than he expected as everyone sitting in front turned to look at him.

Sunny and Jessica felt rather embarrassed as they smacked Yuri’s arms on either side, glaring at him to make him shut up. “Seriously, Kwon. Taecyeon is talking based on a cue card so don’t make such a big fuss.” Yuri pouted and held up his banner again, waving it around to show his support for his girlfriend.

 

“Skyrocket achievement is where the student improves by heaps and bounds as compared to his past performance…” Yoona’s voice trailed off, her eyes widening at the recipient's name printed on her card. “We will have the headmaster present this award in a minute!” Taecyeon announced.

 

Yuri’s eyebrows furrowed deeply when he saw Yoona’s shocked expression after looking at her cue card, “is there something wrong? Look at her expression…” Jessica looked up and found Yoona mouthing some words to her but she was hopeless at reading lips. “Tiff… Tiff…” Jessica patted Tiffany’s arm since she was better at it, “read Yoona’s lips for me. She’s trying to say something…”

 

“Our Skyrocket award goes to….”

 

Neither Jessica nor Tiffany could read Yoona’s lips in time as Taecyeon started off the announcement.

 

“Kwon Yuri!”

 

Everyone gasped as Yuri's name was said, unable to hide their shock. Yuri hated studying and it was obvious he didn't bother to since he actually retained his second year and ended up repeating the final exams. His reaction when Miss Jung told him about having a tutor was one of the hardest things to forget.

Yuri objected and argued with so many teachers because of it but now he was achieving the skyrocket award? A miracle had already happened when he managed to move onto Year 3 and now that he was receiving an award was a miracle in itself.

Yuri was still sitting in his seat; his soul seemed to have left his body when he heard his name. He was as stiff as a rock, ignoring everyone’s whispers and murmurs around him. “YAH! YUL!” Taeyeon yelled, punching Yuri’s arm. Tiffany couldn’t stop giggling at how stupid Yuri looked, his practically glued to his seat. Jessica smacked her palm across her forehead, not wanting to be associated with the idiot beside her.

Yoona couldn’t stop her smile from widening as her gaze narrowed in on Yuri, his expression still making him look like an idiot. “Looks like Mr Kwon can’t seem to react to this… Shall we have someone to bring him up on stage?” Taecyeon winked, gesturing to the girl standing beside him.

 

“IM YOONA! IM YOONA! IM YOONA!”

 

Sunny and Sooyoung both shook theirs, laughing at the crowd’s immense demand for Yoona to bring Yuri up on stage. “Miss Im, I really think you should bring Yuri up before his heart stops beating as well…” Yoona blushed furiously, hearing that statement come from a teacher was surprisingly warm; knowing that Miss Jung has been keeping an eye on Yuri ever since he was a trashy student. 

“Yoona! Just go!”

And this time, it was Yuri’s gym coach, Coach Lee who was egging her on, standing on top of his seat eagerly.  The other teachers desperately tried to keep their youngest coach in order though they were excited to see how Yuri would react when Yoona was the one going with him.

The beautiful doe-eyed girl carefully made her way down from the stage, holding her dress to make sure she wouldn’t trip. Her eye smile slowly revealed itself as she was a merely a couple of steps away from the row Yuri and their friends were sitting at. Jessica harshly elbowed Yuri in the ribs, successfully waking him up from his semi-vegetable state.

“OW!”

Yuri stood up and wanted to smack the girl when he found Yoona standing in front of him. “Y-Yoong…” Yoona held out her hand with a convincing smile, “let’s go get your award.”

Yuri felt his cheeks warm up as Yoona stood in front of him with those bewitching looks. She never failed to captivate him; even by the mere sight of her was enough to capture him whole. “Yul…” Yoona took another step closer and took Yuri’s stiff hand in hers, bringing him with her.

Yuri’s eyes were fixated on his girlfriend, watching as Yoona showed him off proudly. He was only happy because he made Yoona proud; Yoona spent months trying to fix him up and bring him on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter