Another Shot

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Brace yourself for a super long update ahead! Be alert when you read, because there are going to be some clues pertaining to Sunmi's account of what happened and how it involves Tiffany. Once again, if you can guess the truth; you'll receive a huge gift of 100 karma points <3

 

 

A week later...

 

Yuri has been a lifeless shell for the longest time now; he no longer had baseball, and the girl of his dreams was lying in a coma back at the hospital. He didn’t know how much more of this pain he could take – for the first time ever, he found out about Yoona’s bulimia back then, along with how much she suffered through it all as well. It would explain his original question of why she was so skinny despite eating so much almost all the time. Yuri couldn’t get it out of his mind, especially the memory of the doe-eyed girl struggling to breathe on the hospital bed and her eyes wide open, staring straight at Yuri who had been forced to watch from outside the glass panel.

Although Yuri had been going to school continuously like everything was fine, only the people who truly knew Yuri by his expressions could tell that things were far from fine. He was avoiding the hospital because he didn't want to end up facing the sight of Yoona lying in that bed lifelessly.

“Yuri!”

“YUWREEEEEEEEE-AHHHHHHH!”

The said guy cocked an eyebrow and turned behind to see who was calling him, only to find Tiffany running after him like a headless chicken. Yuri couldn’t hide his amused expression though, because they rarely saw Tiffany in this panicky state. “Yes, Fany? Why are you looking for me so eagerly?” When he saw tears in the latter’s eyes, however, Yuri started to get a bit jumpy as well. He had no idea what in the world could be this devastating, because Tiffany was not someone who’d show her tears in front of so many people easily.

Tiffany knew she wouldn't be able to open without breaking down like a baby, and so threw her body into the guy’s strong arms without saying anything else. She knew the only person who would believe her at this point in time was Yuri, because he always gave her maximum trust. She too didn’t know what happened till this morning, when Sunny sent her a text saying that they were over. Tiffany needed a shoulder or a hug where she could feel loved and comforted but no one was replying to her messages, and she couldn’t hold back her emotions any longer.  

Yuri embraced his friend worriedly, hugging Tiffany securely so no one would dare to judge her for behaving like this along the hallway. He could feel his heart ache at the sound of Tiffany whimpering in his arms; he had never been able to comfort people that well but here she was, soughing comfort in him. Yuri couldn’t help but feel an odd sense of protectiveness wash over him; he respected women greatly and Tiffany was one of the people he looked up to most. He glared at every single person who dared to look at them with wandering eyes, ignoring the murmurs behind their back.

“Come on, Fany. I’ll bring you back to your room…”

“Yuwree…”

“It’s okay, tell me about it later,” Yuri whispered against her ear, trying to shield her from people who were being ignorant idiots; they were actually trying to record Tiffany’s crying… and it was pissing him off greatly. 

Tiffany could feel her heart shattering into countless pieces right there and then; she never felt like this throughout her entire life before but here she was, breaking because of a relationship she treasured more than her entire life. She most probably would have collapsed onto the ground if it wasn't for Yuri who was holding up by the waist. She had never cried so much and so openly before but it was really inevitable; the person she fell in love with over time just requested - no, demanded that they were over before she even knew the reason why. 

The one person who made Tiffany feel like she was special in a romantic sense; the same person who believed and gave her the most trust as well as faith too. 

Everything was falling apart... why?

“Just a little more, Fany. Keep it together.”

A sigh of absolute relief left Yuri’s lips when they finally reached the room; he couldn’t hold back his anger anymore either. There were too many watching and staring; only he knew how much he wanted to throw a couple of punches at a couple of them. Yuri might be a rash most of the time but his love for his friends were not compared in any way possible; he was not going to let himself be distracted and get another kind of problem right now. It made him quite curious though, because Tiffany knew very well that he wasn't the right person to come to for either advice or comfort.

Yuri took a bottle of water from the table and handed it to the sobbing woman; he plopped himself on the bed opposite comfortably, which was also Yoona’s bed – and lay down with a rather familiar stuffed toy in his arms. He knew he was supposed to be hearing Tiffany out and all but Yoona’s bed was distracting him a bit too much; the entire bed was radiating Yoona’s normal scent and it was driving him nuts. Yuri missed holding Yoona in his arms so badly but he wasn’t going to go to the hospital, it would kill him more than anything to see Yoona in that terrifying state again.

“I… I don’t know what happened…” Tiffany mumbled under her breath; she was trying her best to hold back her tears or it wouldn’t stop soon. She clenched her fist against her pillow and shook her head, “S-Sunkyu wants to b-break up with m-me…”

“What?”

The tanned guy sat up at once and moved to sit on the opposite bed, hoping he could make things better for Tiffany too. He took her clenched fist and gave it a tender squeeze, making sure Tiffany knew he was there for her. “Hey, it’s okay… I mean, it’s not but have you tried looking for her? You know, to ask about the reason?” Yuri asked softly. He was using advice he received from his very own girlfriend; she always told him to get to the root of the problem before trying to solve it. 

“She won’t talk to me…”

Okay…

What next?

There was complete silence for a period of time; however when Yuri received a message on his phone, he could swear he was seeing stars in the next moment.

 

♡ Yoong bb ♡  come to the hospital please

 

Tiffany gasped and leaped from her bed at once, grabbing Yuri as the two of them charged out of the room in no time at all. She was upset and depressed about everything under the sun right now but the fact that a message could have come from Yoona's phone... there was something they were both missing. It wasn't surprising, because Yuri had been pretty much distant from the entire world ever since Yoona had been admitted into the hospital. Tiffany, on the other hand, had been especially busy handling the previous tasks Yoona had been tasked to do as well as her own responsibilities as president of the student board. 

The doe-eyed woman was awake.

 

*

 

“Are they coming?”

“Is he here yet?”

Yoona was pouting and waiting impatiently for Yuri’s arrival; she had been awake for the entire week but Yuri hasn’t come to visit her so she couldn’t carry out her plan. She had expected him to at least come for an hour or so because Yuri had been present ever since she was first admitted; everything changed right after she had gone through the small operation to remove the obstruction near the stomach area. Yuri hasn't appeared at the hospital, not even his shadow could be spotted anywhere! It disappointed Yoona greatly but with this back-up plan of hers and Kyungwon's... things just might come to a shocking revelation really soon.

Kyungwon was reading a magazine, waiting for one of the look-outs downstairs to let him know if Yuri was indeed coming in. He didn’t know, but a nurse had chosen to help them – apparently because he was really handsome – and so wanted to help them.

“Be more patient, Yoona,” Kyungwon sighed tiredly at her constant questions for the past ten minutes or so. If Yoona’s friends were here, he wouldn’t have to keep getting annoyed either. “Why didn’t you let your friends come and help instead? Ugh.”

“They’re busy!”

“And I’m not?”

“No?”

A triumphant smile appeared on Yoona's face when there was no comeback for her answer; she knew there was nothing much on this guy's schedule, plus he knew the most about what Yuri was up to in school nowadays. Thinking about all the things she learned made Yoona upset though... the fact that Yuri had distanced himself from everyone, including Jessica made a lot of difference in her thinking. Yuri had truly become depressed because he felt as if he was the sole reason behind Yoona’s hospitalization; what made it worse was that Yoona had a relapse, not a new problem.

That being said, Kyungwon had actually left out quite a few problems going on in Yuri’s life right now because he wanted her to focus on her own recovery. He was the first person the doctors told about Yoona’s current conditions so he decided that it was the right time to be honest with Yoona.

Kyungwon approached the bed and sighed, “don’t be too hard on Yuri, okay? He’s really gone through a lot ever since you've been in a short coma... I don't know how he's still going to school, though I think he has been going to numb the pain he's feeling.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean… that the baseball team is not taking him back, because the coach feels Yuri cannot control his anger well and he doesn’t to jeopardize the team. Not just that though; because Yuri's supposed to be suspended from all sports activities, he's not even allowed to go into the swimming complex. You know your boyfriend best, Yoona, he uses sports to get rid of the frustration and pent-up anger he has in him.”

Hearing all this right now was making Yoona’s blood boil quite profusely; she had never expected such a turn of events the moment she was out of the school. She never wanted this to happen to Yuri, neither did she know about such a punishment ever existing before. Yoona knew how talented Yuri was in almost all sports, including dancing but if people were going to continue denying him of that, she was going to step in really soon. Yoona rarely used her position in the school

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter