Lotte World

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Soonyoung, wait for Hyung!” Yuri called out, running after his younger brother who just bolted towards the entrance of Lotte World, leaving Yuri, Yoona and Mrs Kwon walking behind. “Umma, I’ll take care of Soonyoung! Don’t worry!” Yuri pecked Yoona's lips before running ahead, sending flying kisses to his mother on the way. 

Yoona shook her head at Yuri's goofy actions, linking her arms with Mrs Kwon's, “he really can’t keep his hyperactivity under control sometimes…” Mrs Kwon nodded at Yoona’s words, she knew Yuri never failed to wriggle his way out of taking his medication for hyperactivity. 

“what can you expect from your kid of a boyfriend?”

Soonyoung was still looking around at the rides with wide eyes, twinkling with interest as he stared at the roller coaster. Even on his 10th birthday that was supposed to be special, Mr Kwon never bothered to celebrate it or bring him out for a nice dinner. It soon occurred to him that his birthday wasn’t worth celebrating and every year on the 15th of June, he would simply enjoy a home-cooked meal by Seungcheol’s mother, Mrs Choi. 

Yuri couldn't stop grinning when he saw how happy Soonyoung was to be in the amusement park, he hadn't seen such joy appear on his brother's face before.  “H-Hyung!” Yuri snapped out of it when he felt Soonyoung tap his arm with an innocent expression, seemingly waiting for him to respond. “Yeah?” Soonyoung blushed a little and lowered his head, his finger slowly pointing towards the Gyro Drop. Yuri ruffled Soonyoung’s hair and threw an arm around his shoulder, “to the Gyro drop we go!” 

Yoona wasn’t surprised at how similar both Soonyoung and Yuri was. When they came to the amusement park together, Yuri’s first ride was the Gyro Drop to warm up their muscles for more thrilling  rides. Mrs Kwon followed Yoona’s gaze and revealed a motherly smile, “No wonder they’re brothers…” “Indeed they are… brothers with wonderful upbringing.”

Mrs Kwon couldn’t help but pinch Yoona’s chubby cheek at her statement, “you’re becoming too much of a sweet-talker like your boyfriend.” Yoona waved her hands in denial and leaned against Mrs Kwon’s shoulder, “I’m serious though, Umma. Yuri’s blossomed wonderfully and he’s a man now, taking care of Soonyoung so well.” Yoona praised, her eyes staring at Yuri dreamily. 

Both the Kwon brothers were running towards the Gyro Drop, desperately trying to beat some people to the queue. Soonyoung pouted when Yuri stopped him from running, “You should always wait for Umma whenever you’re out, understand?” Yuri patted Soonyoung’s shoulder, “Umma always waited for us when we were young so now it’s our turn to wait for Umma.” Soonyoung nodded obediently, his brain might have detoriated but he could understand the values Yuri was trying to instill in him. 

Yoona grinned, her hand reaching out to hold Yuri's. “Why didn’t you two go and queue first? Now the line’s getting longer, Yuri-ah…” Soonyoung shook his head and grabbed Yoona's other hand, trying to remember what Yuri just taught him, “w-we must… w-wait for U-Umma… and N-Noona too…” Yuri felt his chest burst with pride when Soonyoung successfully applied his advice to the current situation. 

Mrs Kwon couldn't stop herself from tearing up, Yuri was such a filial son and a wonderful older brother. She knew that if Soonyoung learned from the right aspects Yuri had, she would have no worries as to how Soonyoung would turn out when he reached the mental age he was supposed to be physically.

Yuri was about to ask his mother if she was hungry when he saw her lifting her hand to wipe her tears, a frown quickly replaced his bright smile. “Umma…” Yuri held onto Mrs Kwon’s hands as he wiped her tears with his free hand, “what’s wrong?” Mrs Kwon shook her head, chuckling at Yuri's excessive worrying, “I’m just happy that you’re such a good brother to him, Yuri-ah. I’m fine… really.”

Being Yuri's mother, she knew Yuri wouldn't buy her words even if they were true and she quickly sent a look to Yoona. If there was one person who could distract Yuri effortlessly, it was their lovely future daughter-in-law and Mrs Kwon wouldn't accept any other woman as Yuri's bride. Yoona slipped her hand into Yuri's, giving it a soft squeeze.

 

“Next!”

 

The four of them quickly headed to the person in charge of scanning tickets, excited to finally have a chance to go on the ride. “How many of you for the ride?” Yuri turned to Yoona and grinned, Yoona knew her boyfriend was already as excited as can be. “Four of us, please. If possible, we would like to sit together…” The guy chuckled as he scanned their tickets, he wasn't going to separate such a lovely couple as the one standing in front of them. 

Mrs Kwon was debating within herself whether to hold Soonyoung's hand or not. She had missed so many years of her younger son growing up that, did she even have the right to make him call her Umma? She was so deep in thought that she literally jumped when she felt another hand hold hers, “S-Soonyoung…” Soonyoung didn't know what the fuss was so he smiled back, dragging his mother into the entrance. 

If the Gyro Drop wasn't enough to scare Mrs Kwon out of her wits, the Meteorite did the job. “Omo…” Mrs Kwon gasped, holding onto her chest as she collapsed onto the bench, “how do you kids go on those non-stop?”

Yoona quickly ran to one of the snack stalls and got a bottle of water, rushing to hand it to Mrs Kwon. Yuri slapped his knees as he continued laughing, he was enjoying his mother's reactions too much. “Kwon Yuri, why did I give birth to you when all you do is laugh at me?” Mrs Kwon pouted, gulping the water down to calm her uncomfortable stomach. Yuri thought for a while before snorting in laughter, “because I had to come out of your womb before it burst?” 

Both Soonyoung and Yoona gasped at Yuri's words, slapping him on the shoulders simultaneously. Yoona placed her hands on her hips, looking at her boyfriend with the most serious expression he had ever seen, “Don’t be rude, Yuri.” Yuri pouted and sat beside Mrs Kwon, holding onto his mother's hand tightly, “Umma, you know I’m just kidding, right? I love you to the moon and back, you know that.”

A fake gasp left Mrs Kwon's lips, even choking on her water to emphasize how shocked she was feeling right now, “do I really?” Yuri furrowed his eyebrows, he knew his mother was the one teasing him now. He turned to Yoona, wanting to ask his mother's favourite for help when she shrugged, “do you know that, Umma? Cause I don’t think I know…” Yuri turned to Soonyoung but his younger brother just turned away, looking at the other roller coasters with his finger in his mouth. 

Yuri tugged Mrs Kwon's shirt and shook her gently, “Ummmaaaaa…” “Someone bring this whiny baby somewhere else…” Mrs Kwon haughtily flicked Yuri’s forehead before beckoning Yoona to get her boyfr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter