Unreasonable

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyoyeon sat in the cafeteria silently, not wanting to pay attention to anyone for the day. She had been so confused about her feelings lately. She had come out as lesbian when she was dating Nicole; no one had judged her for it because she was dating the love of her life. She didn't realise that people were now judging her heavily because she was getting involved with a guy, which was something she had vowed that would never happen in this life.

How could she be lesbian if she was starting to feel something for Sooyoung?

“Hyo?”

“Hey, Sica.”

“Why are you sitting here alone?” Jessica asked softly, putting down her tray opposite the seemingly depressed blonde; Hyoyeon looked like she was in a state of mental block. 

“I… I just needed some space to think about my feelings; I mean what if I fall for Nicole when she comes back again? I won’t be able to face Sooyoung and I don’t want to hurt him; he’s such an innocent guy and his heart is purer than anyone’s.”

Jessica rested her chin on one fist, smiling at how Hyoyeon was expressing her deep feelings for Sooyoung unconsciously. She had always wonderded if Hyoyeon was sincerely in love with Nicole or whether it was simply just a crush. After all, Nicole was the only one who returned Hyoyeon's feelings so Hyoyeon might think that she was in love with Nicole when she wasn't.

To see their cheeky dancer worrying like that was really cute though.

“Just give it a chance,” Jessica leaned over and poked Hyoyeon’s nose, “don’t be so pessimistic over your relationship with Sooyoung; for all you know, you might actually find your true love with him.”

Sighing in utter defeat at Jessica’s clever but truthful words, Hyoyeon couldn’t help but hope for it to happen; she had gone through lots of unnecessary heartbreak with Nicole too, which was most likely why she broke up with her in the first place. On the other hand, she had a rather relaxed and comfortable relationship with Sooyoung so far; they had cute banters every now and then but it always made her smile effortlessly just thinking about it.

Hyoyeon shoved another mouthful of jelly into when she suddenly thought of another couple, “oh God… have Yoona and Yuri spoken to each other yet?”

“Nope.”

 

*

 

Yoona was angry.

Yoona was getting really really pissed off. 

Neither she nor Yuri had spoken to each other for the past four to five days, knowing that the other had the right to be angry but wasn't Yuri taking this a little too far? Honestly, all she wanted was to make sure Yuri knew she was his and no longer at risk of going back to her ex-boyfriend. Yoona couldn't see what she did wrong for this incident, other than her actions being a little too impulsive and rash. She was not going to give in this time. 

“Yoong?”

“Yes, Unnie.”

Tiffany sighed and spun around on her swivel chair, checking on her precious dongsaeng who was still in a rut. She didn’t expect the young couple to have a cold war after that incident; if anything, she had expected them to treasure each other a lot more. They got through a lot of things together, and have been through some huge obstacles that other people might not even have to overcome in their dating lives. No one expected them get distant.

“Hey…” Tiffany patted Yoona’s bum through the thick layer of covers, “come on, let’s talk for a bit.”

Yoona pouted into her pillow, trying to ignore the constant tapping of her bottom. She just wanted to stay in her own little world for one or two more days so she wouldn’t keep thinking about Yuri; it wasn’t an official break but it sure seemed like it. She didn't want to take a break because it might increase the chances of them breaking up in the future. 

Everything was initiated by Yuri. 

“Yoong…”

“Okay, okay…”

Tiffany’s heart broke when she saw just how swollen Yoona’s eyes were; she hasn’t seen Yoona sleep peacefully ever since she got into that big fight with Yuri. She could hear Yoona’s sobbing sounds when they were in bed almost every night and she ended up sleeping with Yoona in her arms. To add on to that, Yoona hasn’t been attending her classes regularly like the disciplined class president she was; her school record was rapidly dropping to tenth from first place.

To put things simply, Yoona was a mess.

“You can’t continue like this, Yoona,” Tiffany cupped Yoona’s cheeks and realised the weight loss in the younger one instantly, “look, Yuri’s a ing idiot for doing this to you but I can’t have you behaving like one too. If he’s fine without you, then I need you to do just fine without him too.”

“I… I can’t, Unnie.”

The desperation in Yoona’s doe eyes were enough to break anyone’s heart if they saw it for themselves. Yoona always had this relaxed and cheerful aura whenever she was with her friends, every single one of them but now it was so different. She felt as if all her happiness had been taken away from her all of a sudden and it was visible in both her behaviour and her expressions.

Why was she so stupid? 

 

Flashback.

Yoona was sitting in the auditorium alone, reading through her lines patiently as she waited for her boyfriend to come and look for her. She didn’t want to chase after him because Yuri was supposed to be having practice and qualifying rounds for the juniors coming in to join the team soon. Yuri was the ace of the team after all, he had a major role to play in picking the right players for the tournaments too.

“Yoona-noona, aren’t you leaving yet?”

Shaking her head, Yoona waved cutely to her ever-so-caring junior; Joshua always looked out for her whether they were having rehearsals or not. She didn't even need to explain why she was still here;

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter