Back On The Field

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can we talk?”

Tiffany was about to open her locker and get her vocal file when she heard Sunny. She really didn’t want to talk to her at the moment but considering that they were in school, Tiffany didn’t want to get any unnecessary attention from the students lurking in the hallway. Plus for Sunny to bravely come up to her this way, Tiffany had to give her credit for that.

Shutting her locker behind her, Tiffany looked at Sunny with eyes as blank as Yuri’s mind day, “I don’t think there’s anything to talk about, Sunny… not anything that I can think of, I mean.” Tiffany wanted to take back her words when she saw Sunny’s weak smile falter a little, not that her smile was convincing to begin with.

“I have something to say, it won’t take long,” Sunny mumbled, her eyes not meeting Tiffany’s, “meet me at the field after school?”

And with the way Sunny scurried off without hearing Tiffany's response, she didn't even need to ask that question at all. Tiffany, however, could feel her heart race, seeing how nervous and upset Sunny was because they were in this situation right after they started dating. 

Tiffany sighed and headed straight to class, taking her seat in between Yuri and Yoona. The seating arrangement was awfully coincidental; she was also sitting between Yuri and Yoona while getting interrogated by them yesterday. Now looking at the worried eyes and stares coming from the couple, Tiffany knew she was not going to be let off as long as she was in this class.

“Unnie…” Yoona reached over and gave Tiffany’s waist a poke, “have you seen Sunny-unnie today?” Tiffany nodded mindlessly and was about to do something else when she felt another poke on her right side this time, “did you two manage to talk it out then?” Tiffany shook her head.

Yuri was obviously not satisfied with that response but Yoona knew Tiffany had enough, and she tossed a crushed paper ball at Yuri’s head. “No more,” Yoona mouthed, glaring at Yuri as she beckoned him to think carefully before he threw something back at her, “you throw that paper ball, and you're dead.” Yuri pouted and sat back down, burying his face into his arms.

Tiffany was not bothered by the little spat between Yoona and Yuri happening behind her back, literally. She had more important things to think about, like getting an A for this subject and what they would be talking about when she met Sunny after school. On the other hand, she was enormously thankful that Yoona and Yuri cared this much about them, so did everyone else. 

 

 

Sunny sat at the bleachers, staring out into the field as the soccer team carried out their warm-ups. She didn't know what she could do to make Tiffany forgive her but honestly, she didn't want them to be stuck in this situation. Yet, Tiffany was someone who made her speechless all the time so Sunny wasn't sure her explanation would pacify her.

 “Damn it…”

“So, what do you want to talk about?”

Tiffany was walking towards her with books in her hand, and if Sunny didn’t say it already, Tiffany looked gorgeous today; she was wearing hot pants and an off-shoulder top. Sunny stood up and dusted the area next to her, it has been a habit ever since she met Tiffany and today was the first time she realized this. Tiffany bit on her lower lip to hide her smile before taking her seat.

“I just wanted to tell you how stupid I’ve been thus far, and I already know that I really want to be with you, whether official or not it doesn’t matter. I know I hurt you with my careless words but I didn't mean it that way; I just felt that us fancying each other was more important than a mere label which won't do anything in years to come.”

Tiffany didn't show it but Sunny's words touched her greatly; Sunny was rarely this confident and open with her words but Tiffany noticed the difference when she was talking about their relationship. It was greatly charming and appealing, something Tiffany only saw in Sunny when they started to get involved with each other. Sunny knew that herself too; Tiffany was the only one who saw the good in her, other than their friends of course. 

“That’s… that’s really sweet, Sunny.”

Sunny turned towards Tiffany with a smile, timidly taking Tiffany's hand into her own, “can you forgive me for my careless words that have hurt you so badly, Fany?” 

Oh, forgive her already, said Tiffany's heartstrings. 

And with a kiss of forgiveness, Sunny was engulfed in Tiffany's arms while Tiffany could only let out a few tears of relief. Though she was hurt when Sunny said careless things, Tiffany missed Sunny more than anything because Sunny had unconsciously become her rock. Sunny could perfectly understand why Tiffany was feeling so vulnerable, because she too felt as weak without Tiffany by her side. 

 

 

-

 

Yuri was finally fit enough to go back to baseball training and since Yoona had no extra classes for today, she opted to stay at the field and watch him train. He felt a tinge of nervousness hit him when he changed into his jersey; it had been so long since he was on the field. What if he couldn't keep up with the team or fared below the bar? He was the Ace for a reason, he couldn't afford to let anyone down. 

 

♡ Yoong bb ♡ baby? where are you? 😟 locker room, yoong why your entire team is out except you are you feeling okay? yeah... just 😞 why are you suddenly getting cold feet, babe? you were so excited when
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter