Hurt

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, did you hear about Yoona and Yuri’s break-up?”

“They’re on a break, aren’t they?”

“No, I heard she’s dating someone else now.”

It hurt Tiffany to listen to these rumours as she walked along the hallway, knowing the doe-eyed girl was doing this because of Yuri… if Yoona ever caught wind of it, she wouldn’t be able to swallow it down at all. Imagine everyone targeting her or talking about things behind her back simply because of this small issue which turned into this big of a problem. Yoona was a fragile person, especially after encountering her ex-boyfriend in school now but Yuri wasn't taking any precautions; in fact, he was only pushing her to protect herself from him now. 

It was so stupid in all senses of the word. 

 

☀️baby boo💘 baby i know you're nervous but hold it together okay we need to be with yoong i know my heart hurts for them :(  and i miss you i'll be in my room later sica will be here too if only yuri knows about this...  i'll kick his for being stupid? count ALL of us in right??  im going for vocal now see you later?  see you later beautiful & i miss you more

 

She couldn't help the smile on her face as she read Sunny's reply to her; thank goodness Sunny was always there to make sure she wasn't going to go insane... not that it lasted for long.

“STEPHANIIEEEEEE!!”

Tiffany’s eyes widened in shock and she hurried her footsteps, not wanting to face the ice princess when Jessica was probably in an angsty mood after finding out about what happened. Jessica was coming after her first, which means Yoona was nowhere to be found for the time being. Jessica was not going to have mercy on her if she knew Tiffany was aware of this situation right from the start; honestly, all Tiffany wanted was to respect Yoona's choice of actions after she got hurt and countlessly rejected by Yuri on multiple occasions. 

“YAH HWANG MIYOUNG! STOP RIGHT THERE!”

Goddammit.

Jessica smiled in mild satisfaction when Tiffany immediately stopped walking away from her. She had that effect on all of their friends and she put it to good use when she knew she couldn’t catch up with their walking speed. She took deep breaths to calm herself down; thinking about what she had heard when she entered school this morning was making her see red. For the fact that Yoona hadn't said anything about it or even came to see her, Jessica knew there was something very wrong with the rumour going around.

Tiffany gasped softly when she felt Jessica take her wrist; she turned around and forced a convincing smile, “J-Jessie…”

“Don’t Jessie me, Miyoung. I know you know something about what’s happening,” Jessica glared at her best friend and tried to scare her out of her wits so Tiffany would reveal everything. She tightened her grip on Tiffany’s wrist and dragged the frightened woman into the nearest bathroom with her. “Hwang Miyoung, if you’re hiding something from me, you need to tell me or else I’m going to force it out of Yoona.”

Tiffany shook her head incessantly; Yoona was in no state to be questioned by anyone, even if it was her own cousin doing the questioning. They were roommates, and Tiffany had seen everything by now. She couldn’t bear to see Yoona break down in front of her, because Yoona never ever broke down because of this relationship before – her love for Yuri and his for her was her source of strength and motivation thus far for everything; Yuri had always been her rock when she needed to break down but he wasn’t there for her to cry on anymore. 

“Jessie, please don’t.”

Jessica crossed her arms over her chest and sighed, “and why not, Miss Hwang?”

“I don’t want to see Yoona get hurt by Yuri’s mindless, stupid behaviour ever again.”

“W-What?”

The thing is that because Yoona hasn’t been opening up about whatever’s happening lately; Jessica didn’t know what exactly had been going on. Yuri hasn’t been very close with the group either, considering that he wasn’t going to be able to concentrate on anything. He didn't want to go out with them either, knowing that they'd be grilling him for answers to how his relationship with Yoona was and he didn't want that. It was no wonder Jessica, who was the busiest out of all, didn't know anything that was happening. 

“I don’t want to see Yoona getting rejected or ignored by Yuri every single time she tries to talk to him, neither do I want to see her try so hard for nothing. I’m not sure what the hell Yuri is thinking but if he isn’t going to treasure her, then I’d rather she find someone else.”

Jessica remained silent, unable to believe that things had gotten to this extent. None of them got involved because they wanted both Yuri and Yoona to learn how to solve problems on their own; if this was the result of it all, then they were going to step in really soon. Yoona had gotten hurt by someone they allt thought was going to have been protected and loved by, to think that Yuri was equally capable of destroying Yoona's faith in love again. Yoona loved him so much... it was horrible that this was the outcome; it was heartbreaking.

“, Kwon Yuri.”

 

*

 

Yoona had to force herself to hold her vomit in; the urge to throw up every time she saw food was starting to affect her ability to concentrate in class. She couldn’t even withstand staring at people eat; for the past one week or so, she started to feel horrible even after eating a mere slice of bread or a cup of bubble tea. She clamped her hand over and tried to focus on the content in her laptop; throwing up in a public area was not going to do her any good and it wasn’t going to look nice for the other customers here either.

“Yoona.”

“H-Hey…”

There was a pained look in Kyungwon’s eyes when he looked at Yoona; he didn’t like how nervous she was around him. He had enough common sense to know that her fear was because of him and how he treated her last time. Honestly, the image of them getting back together was not panning very well with himself either; it was a forced reconciliation and that wasn’t what he was aiming for in the first place. Yes, he came back for Yoona but his intention wasn't to have her back like this. Furthermore, she was doing this to get Yuri in the team, not because she was still in love with him. 

Kyungwon took a seat opposite Yoona and forced a smile, “hey… how are you coping with your work?”

“Fine,” Yoona smiled back; honestly, he was a good friend even if he was a lousy boyfriend back then. “I just need to finish up this portion and we can go.”

“No, please take your time.”

Yoona was very thankful for his understanding even though he knew they weren’t actually dating again; he never forced her to do anything against her will like she expected – it was a miracle. She had stopped mentally accusing him of things that might not happen and soon enough, her initial fear of him started to dispel itself over time. She could talk to him a lot better without blowing up over nothing, and he too proved to have changed a lot compared to the past. 

Kyungwon’s heart started to ache when he scanned Yoona from head to toe; the woman had lost so much weight over the past few weeks. He knew she hadn’t been going for class because she didn’t want to bump into Yuri, plus she had friends who could lend her their notes after class.

“Yoona,” Kyungwon started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter