For Him

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It looked like a scene out of a drama. 

It looked just like a typical high-school drama series where the female lead was doing everything to get the male lead back. Yoona was trying so hard to break through Yuri's protective shell that he had built around himself after their one week of giving each other some space. Yuri was the one pushing Yoona away and trying to give himself some more time to calm down but it was so difficult for Yoona... she wanted to die so bad and she wanted to regret being so rash about everything. 

It would be a lie to say that she did though; Yoona wasn't regretting the fact that she stood up for her boyfriend who was being trampled on by her ex-boyfriend.

“Babe, I know you miss him and you want to end this break between you but he’s not even trying,” Jessica whispered, holding onto Yoona’s hand as the younger was walking alongside her. “Look at that !”

Yoona didn’t have the energy to go to class when almost all of them had Yuri there; she was so tired of being pushed away and rejected by her own boyfriend. She felt her heart break every single time Yuri tried to slip away when she was with their friends too, which wasn’t very often considering her never-leaving the dorm. Yoona apologised over and over again but nothing was happening; she didn't realise how much Yuri cherished baseball till now - being in the baseball team seemed to be more important than their relationship. 

“I’m going to hit him.”

“Unnie!” Yoona grabbed hold of Jessica’s wrist and shook her head, silently pleading with her cousin to not embarrass all three of them right here, “please, he’s not even doing anything to me. Don’t do that…”

To be honest, if Yoona wasn't defending Yuri all the time, Jessica wouldn't get this pissed off with her best friend either. She was always tempted to knock some sense into Yuri's numb skull for not knowing how to treasure the right things or right people. Yoona had done so much for that stupid boy that he was unaware of a lot things; if it wasn't for Yoona, Yuri wouldn't have managed to do well or even improve his grades, neither would he have been motivated to do better in baseball, not forgetting the times where she went to support him.

Jessica hasn't spoken a single word to Yuri ever since their fight, and she didn't want to because the only words that would leave were curse words.

“Unnie, let’s go…”

“Yoong…”

Yoona couldn’t stand there and look at Yuri like that; she would only be tempted to go up and yearn for some affection from him. Her heart was already broken and yet, all Yoona wanted was Yuri's understanding. She had already embarrassed herself enough by doing it all the time and who knows? Maybe Yuri found her annoying as it is. There is nothing worse than having a boyfriend who finds you annoying all the time and tried to push you away whenever you try to get close. 

Jessica let herself be pulled by Yoona, though her eyes soon met with Yuri’s and she scoffed, turning back to walk alongside her cousin when they encountered a familiar someone in front of them.

“What the do you want now?” Jessica snarled.

Kyungwon didn’t look at Jessica, his eyes solely fixated on the girl beside her. He didn’t like the way Yoona was walking around with slumped shoulders and a sad look on her face every day. 

“Yoona, can I talk to you?”

Yoona frowned and her eyes darted up to meet Kyungwon’s, “there is nothing in the world we can talk about without me wanting to slit your throat.” She was about to drag Jessica along with her to go somewhere else when another hand held onto her thin wrist. She turned around to face a sincere, pleading look from her ex-boyfriend. 

“Fine.”

 

Yoona sat opposite him in the school café that was further away from the usual area she was in. She hated the fact that she would still give in to whoever might have hurt her; it was a weakness that should never exist but she didn't have a choice. She couldn’t hide the tremble in her hands, knowing that she wasn’t strong enough to stop Kyungwon from doing anything to her. He had done it to her once before; nothing would stop him from repeating his actions. 

Before Kyungwon could even open his mouth, Yoona interrupted him with a question of her own.

“Why did you suspend Yuri?”

“I… I…”

“Look, I’d do anything to get him back in the team,” Yoona whispered, her eyes not looking into Kyungwon’s anymore. She meant what she said; if Yuri treasured baseball so much then she would do anything to make him happy. “I don’t want to go so far to the point where I have to date you for it, but if that’s what will get him back in the team, then…”

Kyungwon was completely speechless. 

Right after he got his together, he realised that it had been far too long for him to get Yoona back. He regretted the hurt that he brought upon her, but it wasn't going to change a single thing now. Now seeing her in the flesh, Kyungwon realised just how much she had matured and how much stronger she grew to be. Never in his life has he ever considered Yoona dating him just to get her boyfriend back in the team; even people in love might not do that for their significant other. 

And here Yoona was, offering to date him again because of her boyfriend who was suspended.

God... 

 

*

 

Taeyeon stood at the entrance of the library as he waited for his precious girlfriend who-never-runs-no-matter-how-late-she-is to turn up. He was supposed to meet Jessica at 9.30, and it was already coming to 10. He should have anticipated Jessica’s late arrival as always but he didn’t and now he was standing here like a complete idiot. He wasn’t complaining though, waiting for his girlfriend was blissful compared to people who never got to do that.

“Baby…”

He would have reciprocated the hug but he caught on when he saw the weirdest nail colours ever.

“Get off me!”

True enough, Taeyeon was spot-on when his intuition told him it was not the right person behind him. His good mood was ruined by the sight of his ex-girlfriend standing there with a not-so-guilty expression. Taeyeon didn't want to go through this all over again, because he had a soft heart that was vulnerable to pain. And out of every single person in the goddamn universe, his ex-girlfriend should have the least opportunities to hurt him again. 

Taeyeon was not going to allow that, neither was Jessica; Jessica would rather burn in hell than let that ever happen to Taeyeon again.

“Don’t you miss me, Taeyeon?” Sunmi purred softly as she walked towards him, her fingernails running down Taeyeon’s nicely-ironed shirt from shoulder downwards. Sunmi smirked and she let her nails trail even lower, heading to somewhere below his waist, “I’ve missed you so much… and I’ve missed a lot more than just you.”

Taeyeon froze.

“N-No…”

Sunmi chortled at the vulnerable guy in front

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter