You Didn't Trust Me

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Hyoyeon had her face buried in her palms as she waited for the report to come out; she’s been waiting alone at the hospital for the longest time now. She was nervous enough for her heart to pump its way out of her chest. Honestly, a part of her felt terrible for not informing Sooyoung beforehand about her appointment but she didn’t want to burden him with the pressure of an unplanned pregnancy if there was one. She never really cared about how people would look at her for this but she was afraid of how they would look at Sooyoung after this. Everyone knows how he religious and principled he usually is… Hyoyeon didn’t want to change that in the least.

“Kim Hyoyeon!”

The moment of truth.

Taking a deep breath to calm herself, Hyoyeon made sure to compose herself so she wouldn’t embarrass herself too much later on. She was going to make sure to not let out anything else about her pregnancy... no one needed to know, including her doctor, that it was not planned. 

“Ah, Miss Kim. Please have a seat…”

Hyoyeon nodded lifelessly and sat down in front of the doctor; her palms were all sweaty, thoughts racing through her mind like a bullet train. She didn't know what to expect, neither did she come up with a plan if she was indeed pregnant. Sometimes, she wondered if telling the others that her appointment was today would make her less nervous but she didn't want to be selfish... not when they had just found Tiffany yesterday; not to mention the fact that Tiffany was definitely not well when they managed to talk to her before she left. As for Sooyoung, he was having practice with the team - a promotional one that would decide if he was moved up a position. 

The person who needed support was more likely to be Tiffany, especially since her girlfriend and her best friend were the ones who didn't believe her in the first place.

 

Text from Sooyoung

Baby? i heard you’re not in school

Where are you?

 

 

Just seeing his name was making Hyoyeon feel a little uncomfortable; she was still trying to weigh her odds here. She knew that being the possible father, Sooyoung had every right to know about whether she was indeed pregnant or not. Yet, did she really want to divert his attention from training when all he ever wanted was to be promoted to assistant coach? Being the assistant coach meant that although he was of a higher position than anyone else, he could still participate in the games because he was still in school. Sooyoung's been dreaming of this for the longest time now, and this had to come up.

How could Hyoyeon choose between the two?

 

*

 

Yoona had fingers on either side of her head, massaging her temples as she tried to get rid of the terrible headache. She had just come back from the only class she had today and it was already making her headache worse, not to mention that Tiffany still hasn't got back to them regarding what in the world was happening. Sometimes she wondered if kindness really paid off, especially after seeing Tiffany get dragged into the dirt even when people knew how nice the latter could be. It also made Yoona realise that it was that ounce of kindness in a person that would change everything if one looked closely enough. 

It was probably the reason why Tiffany's so strong now; even stronger than she was when they got to know each other.

Knock, knock.

“Come in!”

Knock, knock.

“It’s unlocked! Just come in!”

Knock, knock.

Yoona saw red almost immediately; she muttered incoherent phrases under her breath and dropped her books onto the table with little regard for them. She never blew her top this easily but it was most likely due to the stress from her projects and other worries bothering her. She made sure to adjust herself so her dressing was appropriate. Since the person was knocking and not coming in, it had to be someone she didn't know so her first impression was at stake here. Groaning under her breath at her throbbing head, Yoona lifted her hand and twisted the knob.

“Miss Im, your pizza.”

It was not what she intended but Yoona couldn’t help the smile that crawled upon her face when she saw the cute delivery boy in front of her. She leaned against the door frame with crossed arms, eyes scanning the delivery boy, “I didn’t order a pizza though.”

“Are you sure, Miss?” He asked softly, confusion written all over his face. He looked back down on the receipt and asked once more, “This is room 808, right?”

“Yes, it is. But I didn’t order one. Goodbye.”

Yoona bowed once and closed the door at once, peeking into the peephole to see the delivery boy’s reaction. She burst into a fit of giggles when she spotted him stomping his feet like a toddler with two pizza boxes still lying on his hands. It was so comical to have such a surprise at this time of afternoon when most people would be sleeping or in class; Yoona has forgotten what it's like to be surprised like this at the most random times ever. She could feel her heart racing the more she heard the murmuring behind the door, especially when the words were blaming himself for not being surprising enough rather than saying she was having moodswings.

What a switch-up.

Knock, knock.

Yoona opened the door again, revealing her million-dollar smile this time. She really wanted to laugh the moment she saw him at the door but she didn’t because she wanted to see his reaction.

“Stop pouting at me, Yul.” Yoona rolled her eyes and playfully smacked her delivery guy, “come in, you silly boy.”

Yuri’s charming grin came on once more, as if it was controlled by a remote which in this case was Yoona’s words and gestures. His eyes followed willingly as Yoona walked towards the tiny kitchen areaHe carefully placed the pizzas on the floor where it was clean and stood up to his full height, taking a peek at the books on Yoona’s table. Yoona sent him a message last night telling him that they probably wouldn’t meet today since she had some work to catch up on but Yuri simply replied with an ‘okay’ with this surprise in mind already. He wasn't going to pretend their hot session didn't happen but he wasn't going to take it for granted either. 

Yoona came back into the room with two cans of cola, knowing Yuri’s habits by heart effortlessly. She never liked drinking gassy drinks when she was hungry but it grew on her after realising Yuri’s eating habits. This little bit of change never hurt her; Yuri had to accustom himself to eating a lot more than usual with Yoona’s bottomless pit for a tummy too.

“I thought you were busy today, Yul,” Yoona said as she took a deep whiff of the pepperoni and cheese pizza lying in front of them. She would definitely fill her stomach with this nice snack. “I didn’t expect you to come so the room is still a pig sty.”

“Who cares?”

Normally, she would have a smart retort for a smooth response like that but seeing Yuri resemble a chubby boy enjoying his chocolate bars and lollipops was really warming her heart all over. He looked so overjoyed just to be sitting in this cramped dorm with her and having a good afternoon snack that was no doubt, bought with her in mind. Yoona didn’t waste time thinking of a response anymore - she would have continued doing so in the past just to one-up Yuri's witty replies sometimes - her eyes shining as she smiled at the sight of Yuri gobbling up his share of the pizzas. 

Yuri cocked an eyebrow when he didn’t see Yoona eating at all. He stopped eating and took the pizza out of his mouth to ask, “I bought this for you, Yoong. Aren’t you hungry?”

Yoona giggled, reaching out to wipe the side of Yuri’s lips, “I think you’re hungrier than me.”

The tanned guy's cheeks painted themselves pink after hearing Yoona’s blunt revelation; he put the pizza down and hurriedly put back the slices he had originally moved to the side to form a circle again. He was so hungry that he literally forgot for a moment that Yoona was there too. Blame the running around and queueing he did this morning for his fatigue and hunger; not that Yuri wouldn't do the same if given another chance. He would still go wherever Yoona wanted food from, even if it was super far away from their dorm; Yoona was still hovering between giving him another chance or not.

Yuri couldn't afford to lose Yoona ever again.“

Have you seen Tiffany-unnie lately?” Yoona asked softly this time; she was genuinely worried for the woman. She knew that if Tiffany didn’t contact her, then she would most likely contact Yuri instead.

And before Yuri could even speak… a message came in.

 

To: Yul 🐒 

tell Yoong not to worry about me...

I'll explain later.

From: Fany 🐷 

 

Tiffany stayed silent as she shoved her phone back into her pocket; she promised to be here the whole time so she was going to keep to her word. Her mother taught her to honour her promises and make sure never to let down another person. She's been doing that from the time she registered that piece of advice into her head... a value she would keep with her for as long as possible. To help another person who was truly struggling to maintain her sanity without the help of medication, Tiffany was more than honoured to be the one to pull them out of their pit of depression.

“I understand that you’ve been seeing some disturbing things and experiencing some bouts of lately, Sunmi-ssi?”

A nod.

“Do you have any past records of mental health issues?”

“Y-Yes…”

The conversation between Sunmi and the doctor should have been private like how Tiffany wanted it to be but the other woman just wouldn’t let her leave the room. It must have been her terrible nerves that were stopping her from thinking logically; most people wouldn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter