True Feelings

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica ran her fingers through her locks in slight frustration; she hasn’t been able to focus on her individual report ever since she witnessed Tiffany and Sunmi’s close relationship at the hospital. Whether it is worry or guilt bothering her, Jessica still doesn’t know. There’s a constant voice at the back of her head telling her that this isn’t the way to do things but being the ice princess, there is still the pride that Jessica has to consider. In fact, as cocky as this sounds, Jessica can’t remember a single time where she has apologised to anyone without feeling as awkward as a child in a room full of adults.

“Ah, this,” Jessica mumbled under her breath as she crushed a piece of paper and tossed it over her shoulder. She didn’t notice her boyfriend standing behind her with a look of empathy all over his face. “I’ll just do it tomorrow.”

“You know it doesn’t work like that.”

Spinning around on her swivel chair, Jessica unconsciously let out a tired smile after seeing her boyfriend leaning against the other table. She didn't know how much she wanted him to sit with her until he was actually by her side. When Taeyeon wrapped his arms around her shoulders from behind this time, Jessica felt herself relax in that instant. The stress from her recent assignments and of course, this whole thing with Tiffany and Sunmi was causing her pressure too.

It’d be much better if nothing happened in the first place…

Taeyeon turned his head slightly and pressed his lips against her head, “what are you complaining about? I could hear you even when I was in the shower.”

It’d be fine for Jessica to be be honest if Taeyeon has a solution for her but he’s been so busy with his own things as well; she isn’t going to be a selfish person and make sure all his attention’s on her. Jessica has seen how Taeyeon gets when he's stressed out; it's definitely more extreme than most people. It’s even more worrying when Taeyeon gets stressed out because he doesn’t have the best control over his emotions compared to the others; it's for that same reason they try to help him out whenever they find out that he has too much on his plate.

Jessica pouted when Taeyeon let go of her, only to blush when he bent down and turned the chair around so they were now facing each other. She looked down shyly, throwing light punches at the cutie staring at her.

“I don’t want you to lie to me, Sica,” Taeyeon whispered, his hand caressing Jessica’s cheek. He didn’t hesitate to lean in and plant a kiss upon his girlfriend’s forehead. Taeyeon might not always say something about the way she did things but this one was an exception; what Jessica isn't doing is the reason for her lack of concentration.“Sica, don’t you think you’re dragging this for too long?”

The ice princess turned around and faced the other way again; she isn’t going to have this talk with her boyfriend. Jessica didn’t want to fight with Taeyeon and she already knows it’s going to happen sooner or later. Her emotions haven’t exactly been in check and it’s clear from the way she loses her temper so easily. Taeyeon's been by her side for the longest time and he hasn't gone back to his own room since last week; he has witnessed Jessica's constantly flaring of imbalanced emotions.

“I know you feel guilty for everything, Sica. You can’t hide it from me,” Taeyeon said softly, careful not to get too aggressive with his approach or his method of trying to break open her shell would backfire.

Taeyeon wouldn’t want Jessica to retreat more.

Jessica took a deep breath to calm herself down; she’s going to blow her top if she’s not careful and God knows how the two of them are going to sort it out. She tightened her grip on her pen and shut her eyes tightly; the rush of blood flowing to her brain at the moment was beyond her control. She hated this feeling. It meant that her control was depleting very quickly. The fact that Taeyeon managed to get to her with a couple of words alone meant that it was actually true. Choosing not to admit it was normal for her, but not to the point where Taeyeon was getting genuinely bothered.

Giving her space was usually the key to solving things but Taeyeon couldn't bear it anymore. Imagine losing a best friend because of a misunderstanding that can be resolved by actually talking it out properly.

“Think about it, Sica.”

When Jessica heard footsteps on the way to the door and the sound of the door closing, she finally let out a shaky breath; the serenity of being alone is remarkable. Jessica felt her entire being collapse and her head rested on the table tiredly. She’s been trying to stay strong for so long but her conscience gave in eventually. From the beginning, all she wanted to do was protect her friends but her personal emotions made her come off as more than hostile. Protecting Sunny had involuntarily turned her into a when Tiffany came into the picture.

Would Tiffany ever forgive her?

Jessica hoped so.

 

“Taengoo? What are you doing outside the room?”

“Shh,” Taeyeon placed his fingers atop his lips. He had his ear pressed to the door, listening out for his girlfriend in case she isn’t fine alone. “Sica’s alone inside, and she’s crying…”

Sunny furrowed her eyebrows and was about to ask when she saw the equally distressed gaze in Taeyeon’s eyes – so this was Taeyeon trying to get Jessica to open up. They’re all aware of how Jessica needs to be alone in order to talk some sense into herself. What no one expected was for Taeyeon to be one of those people as well, even he had to keep a distance from Jessica. She wondered if forcing all of them to meet together would solve things but the others were practically bodyguards to Tiffany now. After the last chance meeting with Tiffany, Sunny hasn't seen her yet.

“How’s Sica though?”

Taeyeon chuckled lightly and took his ear off the door when there was no sound; Jessica probably went to sleep already. He shoved his hands into his pocket and sighed, “her pride gets in the way sometimes. I mean I know she feels bad about everything so far but for some reason, she doesn’t want to approach Fany first.”

It’s clear and obvious, especially when everyone around Jessica has known her for at least three years or more. All of them know her habits and behaviours by heart, so it’s normal to agree on something which would benefit everyone. When Jessica needs space, it’s only right to give her the comfort zone she needs in order to let herself think and behave rationally. She doesn’t ask for anything most of the time, but she does crave affection from all of them – people who crave affection are very kind-hearted.

The funny thing is that Jessica and Tiffany have the most similarities, and the last trait happens to be their strongest traits. They're kind-hearted, crave affection and the both of them became fast friends after knowing more about each other.

“What about you, Sunkyu?”

Sunny smiled; she isn’t that upset anymore, considering Tiffany’s healthy and fine. She is, however, extremely sorry for something that is about to happen.

“I’m going to get her back.”

Taeyeon finally displayed a relieved smile, what a smart woman Sunny has become after this.

 

*

 

“Are you kidding me right now? We just ing moved all your stuff over to my room at the dorms and now you’re telling me you can’t do this?! What is up with you?”

Hyoyeon kept her fingers intertwined on her lap, not daring to look up at her boyfriend. She knows he’s angry – he’s mad and he has no control over his actions when that happens. Pushing him over his limits is something even Hyoyeon wouldn't want to go through because the process would be terribly painful. Although they've been friends for very long and know each other well, Hyoyeon has yet to see someone calm Sooyoung down effortlessly. Other than Yuri, it's difficult to get through Sooyoung's thick skull.

“Are you playing with me right now?”

“What? Of course not!”

Getting angry was one thing but to spout nonsense while he's at it? Hyoyeon doesn't and will never entertain that. She's been through sufficient relationships to know that trash-talking like this is the start of their downfall if they're not careful enough. That's exactly what happened between Hyoyeon and her ex-girlfriend, Nicole so she isn't going to allow history to repeat itself. She knows for a fact that she does like Sooyoung to some extent, and it's enough for her to pursue a stable relationship with him.

Most importantly, they needed to be strong for their baby coming in a few months’ time. Hyoyeon was sure they needed to be more united than ever, especially since no family would actually want to be a part of an-out-of-wedlock-child.

“Don’t ever think I’m playing with you, Sooyoung,” Hyoyeon gritted her teeth and pointed at him. She couldn’t get mad now, not when they were about to hit the edge. “If I wanted to play with you for real, we wouldn’t be here today.”

Sooyoung looked away after maintaining eye contact for a few seconds; he could feel his face turning red, which is typically a sign that he's going to end up in tears really soon. He might look extremely tough and manly like any other guy out there but his heart is of another league; everyone knows how much Sooyoung feels for others. Sooyoung cries the most out of them, even more than Tiffany and that’s why they always as the crybaby of the group. He doesn't usually admit it but everyone has seen him cry at least once. 

When Hyoyeon saw Sooyoung turn to face the other way, she felt her heart soften. She hates seeing him cry because it feels just like she's watching a young boy cry because of the disappointment he caused his family. 

“Sooyoung?”

There was no answer.

Hyoyeon stood up from the bed and gently rubbed her tummy, knowing there's already a little peanut beginning to grow in there. She walked towards Sooyoung and tried to turn him around, though she froze when she felt him shake – he was crying. Hyoyeon knows this discussion isn't going to go anywhere because after a fight like this, they'd always end up sweeping everything under the carpet again. Sooyoung always tries to avoid talking about it, at least for that same night. He just wants to cuddle with his girlfriend and make sure they make up for the time arguing and she can't do anything about it.

Sooyoung finally cracked, and his hands flew up to his eyes. He could feel embarrassment clouding his mind but he felt more heartache at how soft Hyoyeon’s approach became. She didn’t have to turn down her temper for him; she was pregnant and Sooyoung knows how their moodswings get. He is supposed to be accommodating Hyoyeon, not the other way around. 

“D-Don’t…”

“Sooyoung, look at me now.” Hyoyeon coaxed, keeping her voice firm but tender at the same time. She calmly placed her hands on either side of his waist and turned him slowly – God, the sight almost broke her heart. “Hey… I know we’re unhappy and we’re not thinking straight here, but we will do something. Together. Okay?”

There was no response from Sooyoung; instead, he wrapped his arms around Hyoyeon's waist meekly and pulled her in for a tight embrace. He hated fighting with her. His arms around her only tightened more when Hyoyeon tried to distance them a bit. The mere fact that he nearly lost her because of some words he said is enough to scare the out of him – Sooyoung’s biggest flaw is him shooting his mouth off without thinking and he knows it. Of course, it's not easy to change one's habits after so many years.

“Gosh, I thought w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter