Avoidance is Key

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: So, good afternoon everyone! I wanted to give everyone a break from all the TaengSic tension during the past few chapters so here's some YoonYul & a cute behind-the-scenes couple... 😚 Enjoy it & I hope you'd like the new couple as well! 

 

 

---

 

 

School had resumed for both Taeyeon and Jessica. To say that their appearances took the student body by shock was an understatement. Taeyeon was now as thin as a beggar and Jessica looked like she had developed anorexia over the short one-week break. 

The others tried their best to prevent Taeyeon and Jessica from meeting for now, knowing that something negative might come out of it if they were not careful. Sooyoung, Tiffany and Hyoyeon stuck with Jessica as much as possible since their classes were similar. Yoona and Yuri didn’t have much of a choice, considering they were both one level below the rest. Taeyeon and Sunny, thankfully, had classes that were different from Jessica’s.

Yoona linked her arm with Yuri’s and kissed his cheek, “did you take your medicine today?” Yuri nodded obediently and flashed his ultimate boy-next-door grin that made Yoona’s heart swell. Yoona was proud of Yuri for not making her worry during this period of time, especially since they had to get busy with so many other things – Taeyeon and Jessica, for example. 

Yuri sighed and squeezed Yoona’s hand, “I know things aren’t looking up for Taeng or Sica but I promise, everything will get better.” Yoona knew her boyfriend was trying to make her feel better and she was thankful; Yuri’s presence usually made her feel good. “I know, baby. I’m just worried for my cousin. You know how she is… tough on the outside, fragile on the inside.” 

Being Jessica’s best friend for so many years, Yuri would definitely know that. He often checked on Jessica when she was behaving out of character but it was so difficult to get her to open up. Yuri turned to Yoona and held her shoulders, “you’re doing wonderful as a cousin, okay? Stop worrying so much… Sica’s a strong independent person. She’ll be just fine.” Yoona giggled at Yuri’s attempt to cheer her up and she nodded, giving Yuri’s sharp nose a pinch.

“Do you have rehearsals today?” Yuri asked, leaning against Yoona’s locker as she took out her books for the day. Yoona took her planner and flipped it to this week’s page, “I have two for today… Cinderella and Snow White.” Yuri furrowed his eyebrows, making a weird expression, “aren’t those for kids?” Yoona cocked an eyebrow and turned to her boyfriend with a smirk, “says the kid in front of me.”

“Oh, come on!”

Yoona grinned triumphantly and closed her locker, intertwining her fingers with Yuri’s. Yuri tried to conceal his smile but the moment Yoona pressed her lips against his cheeks, he gave up almost immediately. Honestly, out of the things her hand has held, the best by far was Yuri’s hand holding tightly onto hers. If anything, Yuri had exactly the same thoughts and feelings as Yoona.

“Yuri!”

The couple flinched at the familiar yet unwelcome voice calling for Yuri a distance away. Yoona was the first to turn around with a scowl on her pretty face, “what do you want from my boyfriend, Hara?” Yuri knew better so he kept quiet, trying to unlink himself with whatever they were saying or Yoona would probably have his head by the end of this conversation.

Hara scoffed, “did I even say your name? I’m pretty sure I called Yuri, not you.”

“Why, you litt---”

Yuri pulled Yoona behind him and squeezed her hand, facing Hara with the coldest expression he could give. “What do you want, Hara? I have no business with you so we won’t have anything to talk about.” Yuri instantly felt guilty when Hara’s eyes welled up with tears but he couldn’t be soft-hearted now; this girl would probably get in the way of his relationship if he gave in.

“Come on, Goo Hara. Make this quick before I bring Yuri with me.” Yoona snapped; being impatient was not her style but when it came to Yuri, she didn’t have much of a choice. Yuri gently tugged at the hem of Yoona’s shirt and beckoned her to calm down a little, not wanting any drama to happen in school.

“Just wanted to tell you that you’ve been replaced for your role in Snow White, according to Minhyuk.”

 

What?

Yoona was completely stunned at the revelation; she has never been replaced before but why is it happening now? Yoona knew Yuri was trying to calm her down or cheer her up but nothing was going through her mind; her mind was in a complete turmoil. She was now heading to the auditorium to get a detailed explanation on why the hell she was replaced – nothing happens for no reason.

Yuri was trying to do as much as he could for Yoona, talking to Minhyuk on the phone so they could come up with a solution. He massaged his temples in slight frustration, “so are you telling me that someone requested to replace Yoona? And the director of ‘Snow White’ agreed?” 

Messed up.

Messed up was the word to describe the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter