Grounded

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night after Yoona had fallen asleep in school, she only managed to reach home at about 11.30pm since she had dinner over at Yuri's house and lost track of time after. Thankfully, it was a Friday night and there was no school for her the next day.

By God, her father was the most furious human being who ever lived on this earth and she knew it. Yoona couldn't blame her father for grounding her the moment she stepped through the front door, he was merely worried about her; especially since she was the only one had left. 

It was a wonderful Saturday morning and Yoona was stuck at home. She could sneak out any time she wanted, knowing that her father would probably be at the office for the whole day but that wasn't the kind of person she is. Yoona was an upright, obedient but headstrong daughter and Mr Im knew that, therefore he only grounded her for a week because it was likely to be an innocent mistake that she had came home past her curfew. 

“Omo… Yuri has baseball today, I have to call and wake him…” Yoona mumbled to herself and leaped out of bed, grabbing her phone from her study table. She remembered Yuri telling her that he might not go for practice today because it wasn't compulsory but it was better for him to set an example as the vice-captain. She tapped her fingers to the melody from the dial tone, “geunikka nae mareun neoreul da algo sipeo…” She hummed. 

No response.

Yoona sighed, Yuri was either sleeping or simply charging his phone and was too lazy to answer it. She dialed the number once more and frowned even harder when there was still no response. “Stupid Yuri… He’s gonna get it from me if he’s being lazy!” Yoona mumbled, dialing a different number this time.

“H-Hello…”

Yoona suddenly felt guilty as the older woman’s hoarse voice entered the phone, “Umma, did I wake you up?”

“Oh no, hehe… I’m having a sore throat at the m-moment. Are you looking for Yuri?” 

Yoona bit on her lower lip, she would be lying if she said she didn't want to go over to the Kwons' this instant, “Yeah… He has practice today and I wanted to see if he was already awake. He needs to set a good example for the juniors.” 

Mrs Kwon looked after her like a daughter and checked up on her whenever she was feeling under the weather. Now that the older woman was sick, Yoona wanted to make sure she was fine too, nothing too serious that could turn fatal in time. Her original purpose of making sure Yuri was awake for practice was now diverted to making sure that Yuri would be at home to take care of his mother.

Mrs Kwon was surprised, “B-But Yuri was awake an hour ago… he said he wanted to visit you. He didn’t call you?”

Wait, what?

Yuri was awake an hour ago? That was before she even woke up and baseball practice doesn’t start till 9.30am… that is in 10 minutes. Why the hell would he be up so early? Kwon Yuri is not an early bird and everyone knows that, Yoona would know best. She used to ask Yuri to meet her for breakfast before lessons started and never once was he on time so Yoona basically gave up on meeting her boyfriend for breakfast; changing it to her shikshin buddy instead. 

 “…. Thanks, Umma. I’ll try and call him again.” Yoona was about to hang up when she suddenly remembered, “WAIT! UMMA!”

“Yes, Yoongie?”

“Please take care and get well soon, okay? I’m grounded for now but I’ll go over once I can! Promise!”

Yoona smiled when she heard Mrs Kwon giggling at her, it was always a pleasure to make people happy. She never had her mother's love or guidance but she grew up wonderfully, better than most who have both parents around. Mr Im was enough for her; he played both the father and mother role when needed to, did everything a mother was supposed to do with the exception of feeding, of course.

When Mrs Kwon took her in as a daughter, Yoona's heart soared with gratitude. 

 “Take your time, sweetie.” 

The call ended there and Yoona took deep breaths to calm herself down, she wasn’t going to lose her patience with Yuri just yet. Yuri had the mindset of a kid, which also includes not telling anyone where he’s planning to go. She should be getting used to it by now but she wasn’t. Yuri treasured baseball the most after her so where could he be so damn early in the morning? 

 

♡ Yul bb ♡ breakfast order please?  why are you not at practice or at home taking care of Umma i'm buying her breakfast too she needs to eat yknow :(  cotton lollipoops LOLLIPOOPS GOD DONKEY!  wtf one order of cotton , lollipoops & one holy donkey anything else, baby  you pick up your phone right now NOW

 

Yoona clenched and unclenched her teeth, there could only be one reason for her ridiculous auto-correct on her phone. It has never happened before but why is it that after a few hours of falling asleep in the same place as Yuri, it was happening now? 

And once again reminding all of you, Kwon Yuri is a 8-year-old choding who's trapped in a muscular body of a 22-year-old athlete. 

“Kwon Yuri.”

“Hey baby! You wanted to hear my voice?”

Yoona rolled her eyes at Yuri’s attempt to escape his punishment from her, “don’t you use that husky voice of yours! What have you done to my phone? It was fine the day before so why is it spitting all sorts of nonsense now?” She revealed a satisfied smirk when she heard Yuri heavily sigh in defeat, Yoona was way too sharp for him to play this kind of childish pranks and get away with it easily. And if Yuri still hasn’t learnt his lesson, she was going to have to punish him for trying his luck.

“Kwon Yuri, you need to stop underestimating your girlfriend here,” Yoona paused, breathing heavily, “I’m pretty sure I know you better than you know yourself.”

“Fine, fine… I’m sorry.”

Yoona rolled her eyes; she wasn’t going to let this one go easily. She had let his pranks go almost every single time but there had to be a point where she needed to make him grow up. “For this silly stunt, I won’t be going over for the next one week or so… since I’m grounded anyways.” Her heart started to pump faster when she could hear Yuri chuckling softly, “what’s so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter