Kwon Soonyoung

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona was sitting in the nearby cafe with Mrs Kwon, having breakfast together since she didn't have any lectures or tests today. “Yoong, has Yuri told you when he’s going to visit his brother again?” Mrs Kwon asked, scooping a mouthful of clam chowder soup into . Yoona shook her head, swallowing a section of her waffle, “nope, he hasn’t mentioned anything to me yet.”

“What about Soonyoung? Is he coping okay with his father?”

A worried expression overtook the initial motherly smile Mrs Kwon had, “I don’t know… Soonyoung hasn’t been calling home but I know he’s upset because he thinks I threw him away…” 

Kwon Soonyoung was Yuri's younger brother and he was turning 14 this year. When Mrs Kwon decided to divorce her husband, Yuri was already 16 and he was still studying. She didn't have enough money then so to make sure that Soonyoung would lead a good life, she left him with Mr Kwon. If only she found out that she was the only heir to her father's inheritance earlier, she wouldn't have given up Soonyoung. 

“You did.”

Both women turned and saw a young boy wearing an apron over a pair of jeans as well as a white polo tee, a cap perched on his head. “And who are you supposed to be?” Mrs Kwon lifted an eyebrow; the boy standing in front of her was certainly not her son. “I’m your son’s best friend and let me tell you… you’re not fit to be his mother.” Yoona put down her fork and glared at the young waiter, “don’t you dare be rude to my mother-in-law.”

Her anger increased when the waiter smirked at her. “Am I supposed to be polite to Mrs Kwon when her younger son is mentally retarded?!” Yoona’s eyes widened as she turned towards Mrs Kwon, “w-what?”

The waiter took a deep breath, “I’m Choi Seungcheol and I’ve been attending school with Soonyoung for the past few years…” Seungcheol didn’t know if he should have gone any further but he saw the tears welled up in both Yoona’s and Mrs Kwon’s eyes, “he became retarded because he didn’t manage to receive treatment in time.” “No… No…” Mrs Kwon sobbed, burying her face into her palms.

 

How could she ever think that Soonyoung was better off with her ex-husband?

 

Yoona sat back down in her seat, unable to take in the news. If she herself couldn’t believe the news, how was Yuri going to take it? Yuri loved his younger brother so much; he never failed to talk about Soonyoung when they were together. Yoona could remember how Yuri always spoke so fondly for Soonyoung even though he would be in tears by the end of it all.

Seungcheol knew he was too harsh on them after seeing how taken aback both Mrs Kwon and Yoona were. He sat down and took out his phone, “this is a picture of Soonyoung now…” Mrs Kwon quickly took the phone and her tears fell, Soonyoung had grown up to be so handsome. “H-How is he n-now?” Mrs Kwon forced out, she needed to know everything about Soonyoung this instant. “He still gets teased time and again for being different but some others and I have him covered, we hang out with him everyday…”

Yoona cleared , “does he still remember Yuri?” Seungcheol smiled at the very mention of Yuri, “of course he does. He always waits for Yuri outside school because of the time where Yuri visited him with plenty of chocolate…”

Bringing a hand to her chest, Mrs Kwon sighed in huge relief. As long as Soonyoung didn’t forget Yuri, she had confidence of bringing this family back to its original state; with the exception of Mr Kwon, of course. Yoona reached over the table and held onto Mrs Kwon’s hand tightly. Mrs Kwon smiled at Yoona tearfully, “thank God.”

Seungcheol knew he had overstayed his welcome and he stood up, “I can bring Soonyoung to you if you want.” Yoona turned towards Seungcheol immediately, “can you bring him over to Yuri’s? I’ll send you the address.” “Sure but I’ll need you to get him some candy in return…” Yoona was about to ask when she caught her tongue in time, nodding in silence.

 

♡ Yul baby ♡ babe i need you to come home right after your test dont go over to my house be safe, i love you 

 

Kwon Yuri, I’ll make sure that I’ll get your brother back to you.

 

 

-

 

 

 

♡ Yoong bb ♡ babe i need you to come home right after your test dont go over to my house be safe, i love you 

 

Yuri furrowed his eyebrows at Yoona's message, why did he have to go straight home instead? He wanted to see Yoona because of his test and all he wanted was to express how annoyed he was since the questions weren't even in the textbook. A sigh left his lips when he realised Yoona probably wouldn't be at home if she told him not to go over. 

“Kwon Yuri, what’s with that pout on your handsome face?”

Yuri felt the hair on the back of his neck stand at that sultry voice. It wasn’t that he disliked this girl or anything, he just didn’t like the way she openly flirted with him at every chance she got. The whole school was aware of Yuri and Yoona dating but this girl was like a leech that didn’t know how to take a hint. He hurriedly pulled on his hoodie before walking in the other direction, putting his music at the highest volume.

 

“YAH YAH! KWON YURI!”

 

Everyone watched as the guy with the hoodie continued walking, his hands shoved in his pockets as the girl continued to chase after him. “There she goes again…” Jessica mumbled, rolling her eyes at the girl. Tiffany shook her head and linked her arms with Sunny, “Does she not get the hint or something?” Sunny nodded and sighed, “another lovesick girl…”

 

“KWON YURI! STOP RIGHT THERE NOW!”

 

The tanned guy cursed before turning around, keeping his gaze on the ground. The girl rested her hands on her knees, panting hardly. “Why did you keep walking away? God, you’re so rude sometimes…” Yuri rolled his eyes and dug his fingers deeper into his pocket, “tell me something different, Goo Hara.” Hara huffed and blew her hair away from her face. “Don’t be an idiot, Yuri.” Yuri couldn’t stop rolling her eyes at Hara’s words, “any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter