Theatre Arts

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Italics mean it's merely part of a school play and not actually happening in the story. 

 

---

 

 

Yuri walked around the auditorium with a downcast expression, he didn't know how and why he was suddenly cast into the whole play nonsense. He was merely passing by the auditorium since Yoona left her script in his bag and she needed it today. Yoona wasn't there so he sat in the very last row of the huge space, reading through Yoona's script; a smile surfacing whenever he saw her highlights and notes beside her lines. 

And BAM! 

The stage manager told Yuri to stand and handed him a script as well, ignoring Yuri's consistent protests against doing so. First of all, Yuri's not an actor or a theatre arts student; he's a dancer. Secondly, Yuri hates talking in front of huge crowds and will do anything to avoid it. Lastly, he's not even acting with Yoona and there's a kissing scene to be done! 

Yoona was now seated in the front row, enjoying the sight of Yuri panicking and being all jittery. “Seriously, babe. It’s not that big a deal, you know? You should be honoured that you got casted without an audition, even I had to go through an audition before I got the role.” Yuri looked at Yoona with the most bewildered expression, “Yoong, look at me… do I look like I can ACT?” 

“I’m pretty sure you don’t want me to answer that,” Yoona said, bringing her attention back to her script. If Yuri was going to fret and panic over a small issue like this then she would simply have to talk to him after school. For now, she needed to prepare for herself for their next rehearsal. 

Yuri pouted and slid into the seat beside Yoona, he needed her girlfriend's arms around him right now. “Baby…” Yuri whined softly, leaning his head against Yoona's shoulder. “Hmm?” Yoona responded, lifting her hand to caress Yuri’s cheek. She was aware Yuri was being needy around her again but it was acceptable this time, Yuri never got involved in school productions before.

Yuri sighed, “can you help me tell Jun that I don’t want to act? I really don’t think I’m up for it.” Yoona turned towards Yuri at his statement, she didn't want Yuri to waste such a good opportunity on getting more exposure. Yuri couldn't be doing sports or being the lead dancer all the time, maybe acting would be another breakthrough. “Yuri-ah… can’t you at least give it a shot before saying you can’t?” 

Yoona watched as multiple emotions flashed across Yuri's dark orbs, he was definitely contemplating on her suggestion which was enough. “Watch today’s rehearsal and try to put yourself in each character’s shoes. Jun’s one of the best producers in the department so it shouldn’t be disappointing,” Yoona advised, preparing to go backstage to change into her character’s clothes, “be good, Kwon Yul.” 

Jun looked over at Yoona and beckoned her to go to him where Joshua was waiting as well, “you two can use your names for now since it’s a rehearsal but subsequently you will use the stage names once you’re comfortable.” 

 

Producer: Jun

Cameraman: Hongbin

Scriptwriter: Seungcheol

Wardrobe: Junhong & Joy

Make up artists: Sulli & Wendy.

The main characters were Lee Jinsung (Joshua) and Jung Sooyoung (Yoona) along with sub-couple Yoon Chanyoung (Yuri) and Lee Bona (Jiyeon). 

 

“5….4….3….2…. Action!” 

 

Yuri knew that the script and storyline were beautifully written but it was his acting that he knew wouldn't make the cut. Jiyeon was apparently one of the better students and he was very much flattered but if there was a kissing scene then maybe not. If anything, Yuri would rather not kiss Yoona for a week than kiss another girl even if it was for a school play. He rested his chin on his palms, looking at the darkened stage with a bored expression.

 

“Noona-ah!” Joshua cried out, his tears rolling down his face as Yoona walked further and further away from his sight. He hugged his knees to his chest as he sobbed, leaning against the wall. Yoona was more than impressed at Joshua's acting skills, considering that he just entered the top five. 

Everyone was rather amazed when Joshua cried like nobody's business, even more impressed when Yoona turned around with tears already welling in her eyes; perfectly timed to match the camera. 

Yoona sniffled and approached Joshua, “I’m sorry… I… I can’t c-carry on w-with you anymore…” She bent down and lifted his face upwards, their tears now falling down in odd synchronisation. Joshua slowly wrapped his arms around her waist, tucking his face into Yoona's neck.

 

A certain someone was sinking deeper into his seat, gripping onto the arm rests with all his might. “Yuri, it’s just a play.” Yuri jumped out of his seat, “WHAT THE F---” Hyoyeon had literally appeared out of nowhere and was already beside him without him knowing. “Yah. Kim Hyoyeon, what are you doing here?” Yuri whispered harshly, caressing his chest from the big shock he just received from the midget. 

Hyoyeon sighed dramatically, “Yoona invited me to watch her rehearsal since my lecture ended an hour ago, plus no one's free now… You think I’m here because of you?” Yuri was about to retort when his eyes travelled to the stage, dropping the script from his hands. 

 

“I’m s-sorry, Jisoo-ah…” Yoona whispered, hugging Joshua's he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter