Mr Im

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri swore that he could see Mr Im's hand trembling crazily, as if he was about to murder someone very soon - and that someone was going to be him if Yoona wasn't going to let go of his waist. He tapped Yoona's arm multiple times, his eyebrows furrowing in panic when Yoona tightened her grip on him instead. Yoona saw Yuri gulp hardly and she refrained from smiling; there was a more serious issue than admiring her boyfriend.

“Daddy…”

Mr Im’s eyes narrowed and his fists clenched when he saw Yoona pulling the unknown boy behind her; he hadn’t seen her so confident yet firm before. Yoona was an obedient, understanding and beautiful daughter who never talked back to him before but the sight of this was making him realize just how much he had missed out on her life even though they lived together in the same house.

Yoona took a deep breath and looked up at her father with a steady gaze, “this is Yuri, my boyfriend… Yul, this is my father.” She could feel Yuri’s hand start to tremble and she suddenly felt guilty for putting him through this when he wasn’t ready. “Let’s go inside and talk about this, Daddy?” Yoona frowned when she didn’t receive a response, her father simply going into the house.

The moment Mr Im was out of sight, Yuri turned to Yoona and tugged on her hand frantically, “what are you doing, Yoong? I’m not ready for this yet!” Yoona shook her head and gently held Yuri’s face in her palms, caressing his cheeks tenderly, “baby, we don’t have a choice anymore. I didn’t know Daddy was coming back today and now that he’s already seen us… he won’t let you off.”

Mr Im didn't look like a merciful man at all though, Yuri thought. Even though Yoona had told him how nice and kind of a man her father was, it wasn't showing at the moment. For a single father to bring up a daughter alone was not easy, considering the various difficulties there were like teaching her to go to the women's bathroom instead of the men's, or maybe reminding her that having blood between her legs every time during a month was a norm for females. 

For that, Yuri really saluted Mr Im. 

Giving Yoona one last kiss on the lips, he took baby steps into the house with Yoona following behind. He could feel blood course through his veins when Mr Im's eyes followed him like hawk till he sat on the sofa opposite. Yoona took the seat next to Yuri and subtly held his hand, rubbing the back of his palm lovingly - perhaps it would give him some courage. 

“What are you doing back home so early, Daddy? I thought your trip was extended to next week?”

Mr Im crossed his arms over his chest and stared at the shaking boy seating next to his precious daughter, “yes but it was also cancelled so I’m back and I wanted to give you a surprise but I guess I’m the one being surprised instead.” Maybe he wasn’t that surprised, since it would be odd if Yoona was still single when she was already over twenty years old but he was certainly appalled at the sight of them kissing right outside his house.

As sweat droplets continued to drip down the sides of Yuri's face, the more Yuri felt the tension in at the atmosphere increasing rapidly. He knew this was certainly not the way to be introduced to his girlfriend's father but they didn't have much of a choice, neither did he have a chance to prove himself worthy. He could only pray that Yoona would stay with him even if Mr Im wouldn't give them his blessings. 

“Daddy,” Yoona glared at her father, “if you told me you were coming back earlier, I would have introduced Yuri to you properly but you didn’t so why are you blaming us? Some public display of affection between couples is normal, and it’s healthier for their relationship; we are no exception at all. Plus the fact that you’re hardly around and I have school… there’s no chance to introduce him.”

Silence.

Yoona knew her words would get her father’s brain to start moving in a logical manner and she took the time to whisper encouraging words in Yuri’s ear. Yuri was already a bundle of nerves and he didn’t need Mr Im’s eyes on him so Yoona took the liberty to distract her father for the time being. Yuri swallowed and turned to face Yoona, sending her a shaky smile to thank her for her help. 

“I’m going to give you another chance to prove yourself, Yuri.” Mr Im stood up from the chair and dusted his pants, staring down at Yuri with an impenetrable gaze, “by then, I expect you to be completely ready because I will not let you off any easy.”

That being said, Mr Im left the living room and headed upstairs to his room without saying another word.

Yoona heard Yuri let out an abnormally loud sigh, his shoulders drooping in relief almost instantly. She quickly stood and went behind Yuri, her hands placed on Yuri's tense shoulders. “Baby, he’s gone now so don’t worry. We still have time...” Yoona whispered, resting her chin on Yuri’s shoulder as she placed a few kisses along his neck.

Yuri could only pray he would do well.

 

 

---

 

 

Sooyoung watched as Yuri swam back and forth in the school’s swimming pool, his getting increasingly strong as he completed more laps. He was aware that Yuri had amazing stamina and was of a good build but Yuri never swam here, not when he had lessons now. Ever since Yoona had warned him about skipping classes, Yuri never skipped another lesson in his life but it was happening now and he was getting worried for the tanned guy.

“Yul-ah! I think it’s time you take a break!” Sooyoung yelled and stood at the edge of the pool with a towel in hand, waiting for Yuri to emerge from the pool. When Sooyoung still didn’t see a tanned, muscular guy come out, he shouted once more, “Yah! Kwon Yuri!”

Yuri suddenly appeared from the surface of the pool, his hair being thrown back from the force. “Calm your , Soo. I’m fine; just wanted to let off some steam.” As he said that, Yuri walked closer towards the edge and lifted himself using his arms to sit on the floor. Carefully taking off his goggles, Yuri took a deep breath and rested on his palms, “what time is our next class? Are we even going?”

The temptation to skip the other classes for the day was tempting but Sooyoung knew Yoona would have his head if he encouraged Yuri to do so, especially when she was trying to prevent Yuri from skipping class like the old times. Furthermore, Yuri and Yoona had already been well over the previous fight they had; Sooyoung was sure this would cause another if Yuri skipped the coming one, plus Yoona was in that class as well. 

“Unless you want Yoona to go ape-, we better start heading for class or she’ll kill the both of us.”

 

Sunny rested her chin on her fist, staring at Tiffany who was currently carrying out a presentation which would be further accompanied by a skit. Tiffany did warn her that the skit would be a little touchy-feely since they were expressing the differences between Korean and American culture; where Americans were open with skinship while Koreans weren't really big on the whole touchy idea. 

Yoona, on the other hand was anxiously waiting for Yuri and Sooyoung to appear; this was the only class everyone had together so Yoona would know whether Yuri skipped class together with Sooyoung or not. She tapped her fingernails on the desk rapidly, her mind starting to work on where Yuri would be at a time like this. 

The door flew open with a hard bang, revealing two wet-haired and freshly showered guys, “Sorry, we’re late!” Mr Lee sighed and rolled his eyes; these boys were never going to change their antics. He walked towards Yuri and Sooyoung, lifting his hand to pull their ears. “When are you two going to be on time for my class? Do I have to make both your parents come and treat you like toddlers?”

Yuri and Sooyoung couldn’t stop themselves from laughing; th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter