Helpless

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany has her sleepy, half-open eyes wide in mild shock at the dining table in her own dorm – there shouldn’t be anything or anyone in the dorm except for herself because Yoona didn’t stay the night here, neither did she come back in the morning to grab her books yet since she's already having her vacation. Of course, it doesn’t take too long for Tiffany to realise who the culprit behind the extra filling breakfast is. Not many know the password to all their rooms and only one person knows how Tiffany likes her eggs done in the morning; either half-boiled or scrambled messily.

“You really know how to confuse people, huh?”

It’s not like she can throw all the food into the bin, right? Taking her place at the table, Tiffany took a deep breath as she tried not to think about how early the shorter woman must have come to cook for her. 

 Then she saw it.

I know you’re hurt.

I know you’re upset.

I’ll do anything to make it up.

And this is just the start.

 

Even though Tiffany swore that she'd never date the same person who hurt her before, she can't deny the rapid heartbeat she still has whenever Sunny's in the picture. She doesn't want to keep thinking about what they could be now if they didn't break up in the first place. If there's anything that Tiffany has to worry about right now, it's her duties towards the school board. Ever since her incident with Sunmi, Tiffany hasn't been able to catch up with all her studies and projects just yet. For now, that's going to be her only concern until the semester is over for her... hopefully. 

The door bangs open right at that moment, revealing Yoona who’s unusually enthusiastic about the morning.

“HI UNNIEEE!!”

“Hello, Yoong,” Tiffany greets, unable to hold back her smile at her bright roommate. She believed no one would be able to after seeing how happy Yoona was too. “What has Yuri done this morning?”

Yoona practically flies over to engulf Tiffany in her arms, an even stupider grin appearing on her face at the mere mention of her precious boy. She recalls her morning like this – an early morning jog earned her some sulking from Yuri, which goes without saying since she left him alone in bed and didn’t leave a note whatsoever. A little more sulking and a small pretence of Yuri giving her the cold shoulder (he even left the dorm when she was in the shower!) which almost made Yoona cry, Yuri finally gave up his show and surprised her with a bouquet of roses after he came back from his own morning jog. 

Is there any reason for Yoona to be other than happy?

“He’s become a lot sweeter, huh?”

Yoona bobs her head frantically, “it’s so weird though. We seem to be a lot happier even though we aren’t officially back together… we have a long way to go but I can tell Yuri's pretty satisfied too.”

The eye-smiling woman pats Yoona’s head with a gorgeous smile of her own, bringing her plate to the sink. She fails to notice the tiny smirk on Yoona’s face. Tiffany can feel the happiness radiating off Yoona's entire being and she's equally overjoyed, especially since the young ones seem to be maturing so well now. She can't help the slight jealousy though, considering that she and Sunny could have easily reached that stage too. Nevertheless, Tiffany moves that thought away from her mind once more; she can't keep thinking about the latter or else her days aren't going to be fruitful at all.

Yoona is nowhere near a fool; she knows Tiffany isn’t as happy as she makes herself out to be but she doesn’t know how to make things better for her roommate other than to help Sunny with all her little gimmicks.

“Unnie,” Yoona whispers as she comes up behind the American, her arms wrapped around the older woman’s waist. She can't wait for another telltale sign or she's going to go crazy. “Are you going to give Sunny-unnie another chance?”

“I don’t know, Yoong.”

Yoona wanted to say something but she felt something warm drip onto her wrist and she knew what it was, so she opted to comfort her roommate first. She can’t do much if the couple doesn’t actually talk things out either.

....

How she wished Yuri was here.

 

Predictable as always, Yuri has to be involved in some sort of trouble elsewhere if Yoona isn’t around to be with him. He stands at the playground, watching over his younger brother play with his friends. Yuri genuinely adores Soonyoung, and he dotes on his brother like nobody’s business but today marks the date of Yoona’s successful tutoring and his first pass for Astronomy three years ago. On a day like this, Yuri wants nothing more than to bring Yoona out on a short date at least but… look at where he is now. He can't even ask if Yoona's free in the afternoon because he doesn't know when their mother will reach home.

Yuri childishly pouts, kicking an empty can beside him. He can't even describe just how much he misses Yoona's presence beside him already. It does sound pretty odd that they're already this attached. 

“H-Hyung…” Soonyoung runs up to Yuri, tugging on his brother’s sleeve. He can tell Yuri isn’t as energetic as always since Yuri is usually up for a game of tag, and initiates it from time to time. “D-Do you m-miss Noona?”

Yuri feels a pang in his chest, feeling a tad bit guilty for being so obvious when all Soonyoung probably thinks about it spending more time together with his brother. He knows how fragile the younger boy is and he'd be damned if something happened to Soonyoung under his watch. Yuri gets up and starts to do some stretching, oblivious to the two women walking towards the playground behind. Frankly, even with Yuri's dashing good looks and masculine aura, he is pretty close to the definition of more brawn than brain - and that's coming from Yoona.

“Soonyoung!”

“N-NOONA!”

“What?” Yuri turned around to see his little brother in Yoona’s arms, the two hugging as if they haven’t seen each other in years. He expected to feel more jealousy but instead, a calm warmth spreads across his chest. A smile grows upon his face when Yoona starts walking towards him. “Yah, you didn’t tell me you were coming!”

Yoona rests her palms on Yuri’s shoulders, sending him one of her deadly winks. She didn't even remember this day because she didn't think Yuri would place such importance on it because of a mere exam but he's proven her wrong once again. 

“Do you not like the surprise then?”

Yuri huffs in response, looking away when Yoona starts to smile, “Of course I do…”

Well even if Yuri had originally tried to lie his way out of it, his cheeks would have been a straight giveaway for Yoona. He was practically blushing beetrood red at the sight of Yoona being this close to him. Not that this is the first time Yoona’s up and close with him; for goodness sakes, they’ve slept in the same bed with their undergarments before (yes they were drunk but same thing). The amount of boldness Yoona has now is remarkable, and it always catches Yuri off-guard effortlessly. He's going to take some time to get used to it and without a doubt, Yoona will enjoy herself. 

Yoona waves at Mrs Kwon standing at the other end of the playground with Soonyoung, completely thankful that the elderly woman had played along with her. She wouldn't have known about Yuri's plan to take her out if Mrs Kwon didn't tell her. 

“You should thank Umma for this, Mr Kwon,” Yoona mumbled, tidying Yuri’s messy hair. She carefully arranges his hair so it won’t block his eyes – his beautiful, charming orbs. “We’re only going out today because she knows you have plans.”

“THANKS, UMMA!”

And Yuri drags a whining Yoona away with him.

 

Oh, Yuri had plans all right.

Yoona stares at Yuri as he tries to look at his precious baby, wondering why the bike wouldn’t start. She doesn’t know whether to feel amused or sad for Yuri since he was so excited before this happened. “What’s happening to my baby now? Have you not been taking care of her or have you been overusing her?” Yoona teases mischieviously, her arms crossed over her chest. She knows Yuri treasures this bike more than ever now because the number plates and neon colours were all chosen by her when they sent it for maintenance the first time.

“Of course not,” Yuri pouts, his hand fiddling with the gears just a little to test it out. He used it yesterday morning

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter