First Lesson of The Year

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My name is Im Yoona and I’m turning 21 years old this year. I’m the younger daughter of Mr Im, an ex-teacher who set up a tuition centre. I’ve been spending more time with my cousin, Jessica-unnie ever since I entered university and she's always been there for me to lean on. Her younger sister, Krystal is attending high school along with Seohyun and right now… Not only am I the class president, I’m also dating the most popular, five-year-old in this entire university.

“BABYYYYY!!”

Here comes that little choding.

“Kwon Yuri, can you please behave yourself?” I sighed at my hyperactive boyfriend, he obviously didn’t take his medication this morning. I couldn’t understand why Yuri hated his medication so much but I wasn’t hyperactive, so I wouldn’t know if it’s painful or anything.

Yuri pouted at me, “I missed you! You didn’t come over to tutor me.”

Yeah… I’m his tutor as well. 

Yuri continued pouting and stomping his feet in front of me, I couldn’t even get mad at him for being this adorable. “I told you I was busy, you kid. You couldn’t finish your math on your own?” He shook his head from left to right, “You know I can’t do math!”

Kwon Yuri…. Kwon Yuri… Kwon Yuri is my 22-year-old boyfriend who can play all the sports in the world but can’t find a way to pass his math. He already repeated his classes once and that’s why we’re in the same class right now. His friends have been trying to persuade him to be serious about his work but he never listens. Sometimes, he puts me in a horrible spot because I’m the class president and he’s the residential prankster, he leaves me with absolutely no option of turning him in.

I wanted to squeeze his cheeks but knowing that silly boy, he would probably just ignore me after that and sulk his way out of it, “Aigoo, don’t be such a baby. You’re ruining your whole gangster image, silly.”

Yes and that’s another detail I forgot to share with you. Yuri’s appearance makes him look nothing short of a bully or a gangster but everyone knows he’s nothing but a cute prankster. His male friends, Taeyeon-Oppa and Sooyoung-Oppa are his victims most of the time but you know the worst part about being with Kwon Yuri?

I’m his victim EVERY SINGLE TIME.

The first time he pranked me was when he found out I was going to be his tutor for the end-of-year finals last year. He placed a huge bucket of ice cream mixed with paint at the very top of his door to welcome his tutor! That was the biggest regret of my nineteen years of living – going to his room to ‘wake him up’ for tutoring.

“Yoong-ah, what are you thinking of?” Yuri waved his hands in front of my face, his eyebrows furrowing in curiosity. I placed both my palms against Yuri’s face, “you paranoid moron,” before pressing my lips on his.

I love everything about him. I love his scent; the way he purposely gelled his hair for school and lets it flow freely when he’s at home; when he purposely gets into trouble to get my attention; when he tries to act innocent after being caught by me for playing pranks; even the two sides of him – the buff and irritating gangster or the little boy who still plays with action figures. There’s so much more to say but I will share some other time.

“Time to get a room, YoonYul!”

Yuri groaned against my lips when he heard Sica-unnie’s voice echoing through the hallway. I giggled when he knocked his head on the lockers, his arms still securely locked around my waist. He was always so darn afraid of Sica-unnie but when it comes to her interrupting out time together; he would go all out to annoy her right after that.

“Yah, Im Yoona. I know I allowed you guys to date but I didn’t say make out in the hallway! You’re the class president, you know!” Sica-unnie scolded before turning to Yuri, “Kwon Yuri, you come here.” She pulled Yuri’s ear and dragged him towards the opposite side of the hallway, giving him an extra scolding.

I wanted to save him with a just a sweet kiss on the forehead but Yuri’s scared and helpless expression always tickled me to no end. Could anyone ever imagine that under the useless bad boy image was actually an almost perfect boyfriend as well as best friend? Yes, Kwon Yuri is my cousin’s best friend and he didn’t know of my existence till I entered this school.

I watched as Yuri squirmed under Sica-unnie’s grip, “Ah! Sica! I didn’t even do anything!” Yuri whined out loud, ignoring the laughter coming from everyone else standing in the hallway.

Only my Kwon Yuri can make such a cute scene.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Math class was a pain in the , I mean who in their right mind would like math so much? Okay for the record, my girlfriend aka class president aka most beautiful girl in the world is an exception. She is my tutor so she is SUPPOSED to love math so she can teach me.

“Kwon Yuri, pay attention or I’ll send you out!”

I was about to stand up and talk back to that old fart when Yoona turned around and sent me a glare, which served as a huge warning for me.

When I shouted back or got punished in the past, Yoona would always threaten me further by making me do more push-ups when I got her work wrong. Not that it didn’t help my body by heaps and bounds but it made me feel more stressed since I had to do it in front of her. The only reason why I was getting so pissed at not being able to talk back was because everyone would assume that I was totally in the wrong, which I AM MOST CERTAINLY NOT! That old dickwad doesn’t like me and that’s why he keeps picking on me, pft.

I rolled my eyes when Mr Kim stared at me, “that bloody fool. I’m not replying cause of my girlfriend, not because I’m scared…”

I didn’t even say it that loud but I could already feel more than one pair of eyes boring into my soul. Before I could even look up from my useless book of problems, I felt a huge paper ball fly to my head. This time I looked up, ready to throw my whole book but Yoona was the one glaring at me, mouthing the words, “read it!”

 

Kwon Yuri, you’re dead.

 

Fu---, why am I the one being punished again?

Seriously, Im Yoona. You’re the only one who can make me so upset but so whipped at the same time. You’re even luckier that you’re the class president and you’re the most beautiful in my life. Yoona’s been attracting too many guys lately but I don’t know if I’m supposed to get jealous or just keep quiet and continue trusting her.

I’m more scared than angry.

I’m ing terrified of losing her.

Another paper ball hit my forehead this time but the note made me smile even wider.

 

Stop pouting or I won’t go over to tutor you later.

I love you, Kwon.

 

Whenever Yoona says things like this, it makes my heart flutter. It makes me feel like I’m flying though I’m only sitting down in my seat. My stomach feels as if an entire zoo is living in my stomach; a freaking stampede is currently ongoing as Yoona turns behind and smiles that sweet, gentle smile that reveals her pearly whites.

I know Taeyeon and Sooyoung always laugh at me for being whipped in front of Yoona but at the same time, they always express how proud they are of me controlling my anger and emotions. “I love you more…” I whispered as I wrote it on the same paper and threw it gently towards Yoona’s seat.

Yoona turned around once more and mouthed a ‘hwaiting!’ to me this time, she knew how much I hated attending math lessons. Her thoughtfulness and loving behavior was something I would never get enough of. She’s the one who makes me want to throw her off the building but at the same time, I just want to lay down my life and protect her forever.

That’s how much I love her.

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

Yuri and Yoona left the school together, holding hands as they walked towards the bus stop. There was a comfortable silence as Yuri watched Yoona’s eyes brighten whenever she walked the flower bushes leading to the main gate. He knew she loved flowers and her dream was to be a florist and that’s why he always bought her flowers with his paycheck.

“Which is your favourite, baby?” Yuri asked, swinging their hands childishly. His grin widened when he saw Yoona cutely pouting a little, thinking of which flower was her favourite, “I don’t think I have one, there are too many to choose from…” Yuri wrapped one arm around Yoona’s waist and turned his girlfriend to face him, “Do you know which is my favourite?”

Yoona was so used to Yuri’s cheesy lines and sweet words that she could already predict his answer, “since when did you like flowers?” Yoona teased and caressed Yuri’s cheek. “You’re my favourite, class president.” Yuri whispe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter