7

Black Notebook

Groaning, Mir turned to his side when he felt something shaking his shoulder. His hand flailed blindly to smack away the disturbing hands. When he felt tug on his blanket, Mir initially clutched tighter on the soft material but soon just let the blanket being pulled off of him, hoping after giving up the blanket, he won't get disturbed. Mir curled tighter into himself like an infant when he felt chill around him. He was still too sleepy to care.

"Mirreu-ya. Wake up sleepy head." A voice floated around him and Mir just pulled the pillow under his head and used it to cover his face. His features scrunched up in annoyance. "Rise and shine!" The voice was getting louder and even the pillow was snatched away from him.

"Five minutes more, hyung." Mir mumbled, thinking that the one that kept on disturbing his sleep was none other than his naggy older brother, Rain.

Giggles and cooing followed after and Mir felt cold fingers pinching on his cheek. Giggles? Rain surely didn't giggles... Mir rubbed his face and opened his eyes in narrow slits, finding GO floating just above him. Mir grumbled under his breath. How did he forget about the ghost? He blamed his sleepy state.

GO hold out his hands and grabbed on Mir's arms as he lifted the smaller boy into the air easily. Mir squeaked, feeling his frame was hanging between the ceiling and the floor before slowly, GO lowered him down until his feet touched the floor. "You called me hyung." GO smiled widely as he ruffled Mir's bedhair. Being a sleepy head Mir is, Mir stumbled backwards by the little force but didn't fall.

"I thought you were Rain hyung." Mir informed groggily and he dragged his feet to his closet, GO floating close behind. "But you are older than me. So of course I have to call you hyung as well."

Mir jolted up when he felt GO's cold body pressed on his back and he shivered. Too cold for his liking! And he still need to have a morning shower in a minute. Mir shoved GO away and the ghost didn't stumble back, instead, he float a few meters from the floor as if gravity didn't have effect on him which might be true and he looked down on Mir.

"Too cold!" Mir hissed, tilting his head upwards to look at GO.

GO chuckled. "Sorry. I was just happy to hear you call me hyung."

Mir tilted his head in confusion. The fluffy white towel in his hands, he draped over his shoulder, having it as shield to the chill GO was bringing into this room. "Why?"

GO looked up, thinking and humming. "I... Don't know. Try to call me hyung again." GO requested, and Mir could practically see stars pouring out of the pair of orbs.

Slowly, Mir nodded and called GO, "Hyung." which made another wide smile sketched on his face. Mir just repeated when GO asked for another, this time sounded monotone and dry. But GO still smiled.

"When I heard you call me hyung, I don't know... But it feels familiar." GO said, landing on the floor and skipped behind Mir who was heading towards the bathroom. When Mir slammed the bathroom door into GO's face, GO just shrugged and walked past the door, watching Mir standing in front of the sink, brushing his teeth while glancing at him through the mirror. "Maybe I have a dongsaeng?"

"Maybe." Mir spat out the foam and gurgled. "Now could you please get out so I can have my shower?"

GO pouted at Mir's indifference but still smoked through the closed door and waited in the bedroom. Maybe he really had a dongsaeng. As cute as Mir? That made him felt kind of excited, thinking he could have a younger brother that would follow him around like a cute little puppy. But he felt a bit sad a few minutes later, thinking he wouldn't be able to be there for his dongsaeng if he had one.

 

💞💞💞💞💞

 

Mir jogged away from the other male students, abandoning the basketball game to rest for a minute at the side of the court. Lizzy sat up as she saw Mir coming closer and she grabbed a bottle of cold water, opened it and gave to Mir whom smiled gratefully.

The sun was shining brightly today and they hadn't had class for the rest of the evening so the students decided to hang out at the open basketball court and had a few games.

"You were good. Did you play for a team before? I mean, at your old school?" Lizzy asked once Mir flopped down next to her, gulping down half of the bottle in one motion. Mir shook his head.

"Nah. Nothing serious. Just little games between my old friends and I." He looked over to Sanghyun who was still playing competitively that Mir could see fire radiating from his eyes. That guy was competitive in every single thing. Added with another student goes by name of Minho, the one with huge flaming eyes, the game became a really serious competition. So, it was better for him to pull out earlier. It starting to feel like Warfield instead of ordinary court.

Mir loosened the button of his school uniform. It was really hot today. But as he was grumbling on how hot and uncomfortable he was feeling now, cold air surrounded him. Knowing where it came from, Mir simply glanced over his shoulder and saw GO was standing right behind him.

GO's eyes were twinkling as he watched over the game. He turned to Mir and his expression said it all. He wanted to join the game. But how could him? He was a ghost.

"GUYS!" Suddenly a boy, with short dark hair came running towards the court. "Stop playing and gather up!" He ordered. He was kind of famous for being the informer of the class so him acting that way meant no other than that he got the newest gossip to unravel.

The boys in the court froze immediately and the ball fall unto the ground, bouncing a few times before stopping at Mir's feet. The girls watching and gossiping around the court started whispering to each other until Lizzy was the first to ask.

"Why are you making such a fuss, Wooyoung?"

The boy panted a bit and pulled a random plastic chair just sitting around the court and jumped to stand high above it. "Gather here!" He made an exaggerated hand motion. "Haven't you guys heard about it yet?" He asked in a loud voice so the whole class could hear.

Mir and Lizzy exchanged a glance. Mir stood up and dusted his pants before he helped Lizzy up and then Nicole who was too absorbed into her math work to notice what was happening. Mir pulled both girls to the now gathering students and stood beside Sanghyun, ears focusing to listen above the other students' mixed voices.

"The book is gone!" Wooyoung announced with his own horrified look. And the students started to talk louder to each other, causing buzzles of conversation float around them.

Mir stiffened and he glanced towards GO who was crouching at the side of the court where he sat before and was trying to hold the ball he left there, in vain of course since his hands just breezed past the round object.

"Oh my god! How the hell that happened?" Lizzy quipped, hands over and nose.

"I don't know. I don't even realize it has gone until Taecyeon mentioned it to me. Someone must have taken it!" Wooyoung accused as his eyes scanned every faces crowding around him with suspicious eyes.

"Who would be stupid enough to take the haunted book?" Key, one of the students shot.

Mir hung his head, feeling the words plunged into his chest. Well... He was stupid enough to take the book. Suddenly he felt ashamed...

"Yeah. Either that person is too stupid or just crazy."

Mir shrunk even more at the harsh remark came from Dongwoon. Okay... Maybe he was crazy as well. Mir glanced at GO who just grinned back at him and was looking so innocent. Yup. He was crazy indeed.

Seohyun stepped forward and faced the crowd with her hands both held out in a calming gesture. "Don't get to work up. Maybe some drunk passerby took the book."

Mir facepalmed. Now, he was also a drunk passerby? Though those words weren't really meant for him but they really did in a way. He was the one who took the book after all.

"Well... Isn't that good. At least there's no longer something haunting our school." Nicole voiced out, looking over Mir hoping for support with her cute round eyes (Mir preferred Lizzy's slightly slanted and sharper eyes though).

Mir hid his nervousness and nodded. His eyes trailed over to GO who was now floating around the court, trying to call for Mir's attention. When he realized Mir was watching over him, he waved both his hands and grinned widely.

Mir let out an inaudible sigh. 'This school is still haunted. By that ghost.' Mir thought to himself as he looked towards GO who was floating around the court, once in a while scowling at the unmoving ball because he couldn't play with it.

"Oh yeah. I have another news." Wooyoung quickly added when the students were ready to disperse. "We have a new student from Amerika. Junho told me he heard about him at the teacher's room. A boy. I heard he is a really great deal. He'll officially attend class tomorrow. So keep your eyes wide open tomorrow people." Wooyoung wiggles his brows.

"New student again? In our class?" Key asked, slinging his arm around Mir.

Wooyoung shook his head. "Nope. He's in the senior year. Though he was a year younger. I guess American is different." Wooyoung spoke his thought out loud.

"Blue eyes?" The girls squealed.

As all the students started questioning Wooyoung about this supposedly new guy from Amerika, Mir quietly retreated himself and subtly gestured for GO to follow him. The ghost happily float after Mir who looked around for any place private enough for him to talk. With a ghost.

Pushing open a door to an empty art room, Mir inhaled deeply before he turned to face GO who landed lightly on the floor. "Should I put the book back?" GO gasped and encircled his arm around his chest. Mir could guess easily GO had the book inside his jacket. Mir tilted his head slightly. Did GO changed his clothes? "You're wearing different clothes." Mir pointed out slowly.

"I can change into whatever I imagine. Isn't that great. Look." GO twirled on his heels and suddenly he was in a full body white suit. He trwirled again and changed into police uniform. He even had a gun as a prop but his smile fell when he saw Mir was looking unamused. He got an idea and twirled again. This time he was cross-dressed, wearing a silky red long evening gown with his hair styled in a elegant ponytail.

"Eww!" Mir reacted a bit too fast and covered his innocent eyes. "Shave your mustache first!"

GO ran his hand along his mouth and his face now was cleanly shaved. "Done."

"Hyung! Change back! You look ridiculous!" Mir squeaked, still had his hands over his eyes.

"Ugh! You're no fun." GO grumbled and changed back into his blue jacket over white cotton shirt and his black skinny jeans.

Mir nodded in approval and sighed in relief. "So..." Mir jumped unto one of the table in the room and let his legs dangled down. GO later joined him. "How long are you going to follow me?"

"Forever?" GO laughed when Mir obviously panic at his remark.

"Chill, dongsaeng. Maybe if I get my memories back, I'll know what to do. This diary is helping a bit. But... If you can find me my family. I mean, I do have parents, right?"

Mir's eyes softened. "You do. But, I heard your father is in Amerika while your mother had left the town. No one know where she goes." Mir informed. He felt sorry when he saw the sad look in GO's eyes. Mir clasped his hand on GO's shoulder. "I don't know why I'm doing this." He mumbled and sighed before he looked straight into GO's dark orbs to assure the ghost he was serious with his next words. "I'll find out for you. As much as I could."

GO's face immediately brightened up and he squealed and float to face Mir, pulling and engulfing Mir into his tight hug that Mir even floated a few inches above the table before he was put back down, GO's cold hands still holding onto Mir's shoulders. "So, where do we start?"