19..

Black Notebook

Mir peeked from behind the door frame. Seeing how people in here were doing practice with so much energy and passion, the sound of bamboo swords meeting each other in forceful strike, sound of yelling from fighters, Mir shivered.

Mir was never one who knew how to fight, let alone kendo. Hey! Not that he was afraid or weak or, yea you got the idea. He was just more inclined towards unharmful sporty things like basketball, or maybe even better just computer games. He did fight in computer games. So this time, he just needed to think of this kendo as one of his games. Who knew maybe he really had hidden talent in kendo which he never knew of. Plus, he always win games of sword fighting. Virtually...

Wait. Wait. Wait. What the hell he was thinking of? It wasn't like he really wanted to join kendo club. He was here because of GO! That damn ghost... Mir found out Seungho was in kendo after twisting and turning their conversation which started with how Mr Jung, urm, Rain actually forced them to run around the field for ten laps. Mir sighed. His hyung sometimes was really... Insufferable. His feet still hurt even now...

And this Seungho was another problem. Why couldn't he joined something less, err, less physical? Kendo? Why kendo? They weren't even in Japan!

Anyway! Mir didn't even know how he managed to get that information out of Sanghyun without getting weird look. Gosh, he was amazing. Maybe he should take a job as private investigator?

Muffling his laugh behind his palm at his thought, Mir jolted up when someone kneaded his shoulder from behind. "We meet like this again, huh?"

Mir snapped his head backwards and felt his cheeks heated. He scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Urm... Hi, Joon hyung." How the hell did Joon always catch him doing embarrassing thing like this? Oh man...

Joon chuckled and shook his head slightly as he looked past Mir into the kendo club room. He saw a few of his classmate there, one in particular. Focusing his eyes back on this younger boy in front of him, he cocked his brow inquiringly. "Tell me something. Who is the one you're stalking off actua-"

Joon was stopped by a palm colliding hard on his lips. Before knowing it, he was pushed aside and agaisnt the wall near the dooframe.

"Y-ya! Don't say things like that loudly." Mir whispered and blushed intensely as he felt how Joon was smiling against his palm. Mir reclined to his side and peeked around the wall. When he saw Seungho was looking his way with knitted brows, Mir quickly retreated and rested his back agaist the wall next to Joon feeling like his heart jumping into his throat. Did Seungho see him? Did he get caught? Why was he so scared by the way? He had no idea...

Joon looked over to his side. "You're so weird." He commented, not hiding his amusement.

"Ugh! Shut up." Mir groaned and gave Joon a once over and only then he noticed Joon was in kendo uniform, a shinai in one hand and helmet under his arm. "Eoh? You're..." Mir purposely didn't finish of his sentence as he gestured at Joon all over.

Joon simply nodded. "Do you want to join or you're satisfied already by creeping around the club, stalking." He teased.

Mir rolled his eyes but nodded all the same and next thing he knew, he felt pressure around his wrist and he was dragged into the room and straight towards Seungho. Mir's eyes widened and his whole body even his face stiffened. He tugged back but really, Joon was stronger. Now Mir cursed himself for not taking Rain's advice to do push up every single day like him.

Halting when they were right facing Seungho, Mir frowned. He noticed how Seungho was looking anywhere but Joon, looking slightly flustered and uncomfortable despite his obvious failing effort of trying not to show it. Just like that time when Seungho was avoiding them at the school hallway. Weird...

"He want to join." Joon said, a smirk on his face as he stared at Seungho, a look that Mir couldn't decipher.

Mir frowned even more as he looked back and forth between Joon and Seungho. There was something between them that Mir could see eventhough he had no freaking idea what was it.

Seungho cleared his throat. "We don't take anymore in." He replied simply, still not looking up to meet Joon's eyes. "We have to concentrate preparing for the tournament. Beginners are not welcomed." He continued, this more sternly as his eyes sharpened when they met Mir's frightened one.

Umma-ya~ What kind of environment Seungho grew up with to become such a scary high school student? Mir was literally praying for his life when Joon spoke again.

"Didn't Dojoon hurt his ankle. We need another one to compete. Mir can replace him." Joon pulled Mir close to him and laid his arm around Mir's shoulder.

Mir's eyes had already widened to the point that he felt his eyeball would bounced off of the sockets anytime soon. Him? Entering kendo tournament? Hell no! He would get beaten up in two seconds. No kidding!

"A beginner in tournament?" Mir mentally nodded at Seungho's words. It was totally the fact he had to agree. "We'll lost." Mir nodded mentally again. Seungho was 100% right.

"Then, you should test him. Maybe he had what we need. Who knew. Ten minutes test would do no harm." Joon suggested.

Mir blanched immediately. Of course it would do harm! He never hold sword in his life. The closest to blade he ever hold was a plastic knife for cake because for some reason, his mother and Rain didn't trust him in handling sharp objects. Though shinai was just a bamboo sword. It was still a sword! 'Umma! Hyung! Now look at what your overprotectiveness would do to me!' He cried out in his mind despite showing his stiff smile. When Seungho handed him all the equipments to gear up himself, Mir hid his sigh. Now, let's get his kicked.

Or so he thought...

 

💞💞💞💞💞

 

When Mir finished wearing all the gears needed except his helmet, GO decided to show himself up, looking at Mir with confused look. It wasn't long until his face lit up and he twirled himself in the air and voila! He had complete Kendo uniform on him. "This is so cool!"

"Cool my foot!" Mir snapped. "Where have you been?"

GO chuckled awkwardly. "Just somewhere. I needed to sort out my thought and I thought maybe you wouldn't want to see me for-"

"Ugh! You're an idiot. Why wouldn't I want to see you?" Mir grunted however, when he caught GO's sad eyes, he approached GO but maintained a small distance. "Don't make a face like that because you make me want to hug you."

"Then hug me."

"I'm going to freeze." Mir stated dryly but still taking the remaining steps and engulfed the cold form of the spirit loosely. Just for a short moment before he pulled away while shivering in cold. "Don't make me do that again." Mir complained and smile when GO finally smile happily. "Oh yeah. I'm trying to join kendo to get acquainted with your bestfriend. But damn I don't know how to fight." Mir twirled the shinai in his hand only to have it collided with his own head. "Ouch!"

GO winced at the sound when the bamboo sword hit Mir and rubbed the boy's side of the head which got hit, smiling when Mir relaxed at the coldness sensation he provided which undoubtedly dulled the pain. "Don't worry. It's not that hard. Just pay attention to your step." GO poofed a shinai in his own hand and showed Mir a few steps.

"Hmm... You must be one the members. Not surprising." Of course it didn't come of as suprise for Mir. Both GO and Seungho were bestfriend. Being members of the same club was expected.

"I'll help you!" GO said in high-spirit, even pumping his fist.

Mir rolled his eyes. "And tell me how you're going to do it?"

"I'll just hold your hand from behind. I can fight for you." Mir sighed and GO pouted. "Don't you trust my skill?"

"Have it ever occur to you that I might trip on you, dear my invisible hyung?" Mir asked and shouted a response when Joon knocked and called him out of the changing room. "Yea, coming."

Mir walked quickly back towards the club room when GO floated right by his side, smiling and assuring the nervous younger. "Just trust me. We're bonded together after all."

 

💞💞💞💞💞

 

"Sanghyuk?" Leo called out but there was only silence. The house felt empty. Stepping into his cousin room, his eyes found the small note left on Sanghyuk's bedside table.

Dear Leo hyung,

I'm going to be busy for a few weeks. No need to search for me.

Leo and crumpled the small note in his hand. Sanghyuk was really stubborn. He knew well where the boy went off to.

Mir...