31..

Black Notebook

"Open the door, hyung! Seungho hyung!" The persistent knocks and calling from the other side of the door annoyed Seungho to no end. Sanghyun really had no intention on stopping, wasn't he?

                "What do you want?" Seungho barked once the door was opened but Sanghyun didn't flinch and even pushed Seungho out of the way and stepped into the apartment. He had been bolder these days and Seungho rarely able to intimidate the younger anymore.

                "That drawing." Sanghyun raised and inquiring brow. He crossed his arms and tapped his feet on the floor.

                Seungho rolled his eyes and went back inside and straight into the kitchen. Sanghyun tailed after him, still pestering for an explanation. He dunk half bottle of mineral water as Sanghyun kept on staring at him. He let out a long breath. "He's your friend. Not mine." Seungho turned and brushed past Sanghyun and plopped himself on the couch in the living room, switching on the television.

                Sanghyun jumped onto the seat next to Seungho, his eyes never leaving the older. "But you know something I don't."

                "Will you stop. I don't know anything, okay?" Seungho scolded but Sanghyun was already immersed in his thought as he started talking to himself.

                "It's weird. Mir only came to our school a month after that accident. There's no way Mir would have meet GO hyung. So, how? The drawing was too perfect for it to be just an imagination. Or maybe Mr. Jung let Mir see the student record and Mir drew from GO hyung's picture? But something about the drawing. It couldn't be just imagination." Sanghyun turned back to Seungho. "You saw the pictures. Mir made GO hyung look like. I don't know. Something flying? Like an angel?"

                Seungho looked down thoughtfully that his intense gaze might even bore through the flat screen television. "Mir asked me about GO." He blurted out.

                "Huh?"

                "I told him everything I knew."

                Sanghyun flinched back in surprised before he leaned in again, looking at Seungho as if he didn't knew the older anymore. "You did?" As far as he knew, Seungho had tight lips. Even he, himself who was close to both Seungho and GO had to pester for a long agonizing month to get the full story of what had happened to GO from Seungho with the condition of him, himself keeping it as secret to certain extend.

                Seungho nodded. "He kind of scolded me."

                "What?" Sanghyun squeaked. Mir scolded Seungho? "Who are you?" Sanghyun teased, trying to restrain his laughter, causing Seungho to smack his arm. "Sorry, I had to... But hyung... Why would Mir got mad?"

                "Well... He didn't believe me."

                "But you're GO hyung's best friend. You're the only one who know the truth about GO. Yet he doubted you?"

                Seungho let his head fall against the cushion. "He said, there is no way GO would do that." Seungho looked up to the spinning fan above him. He put up his forearms, covering his eyes. "He said I'm the one who don't know GO."

                Sanghyun whistled in amazement. He never thought that new best friend of him could speak in such manner to Seungho of all people. "So... Was he saying he knows GO better than you?"

                Seungho took a few latent second to finally whispered out his short answer, "Maybe." He felt tired already trying to solve the mysterious riddled around Mir. The boy was exactly like a puzzle. And he found himself couldn't solve the equation. Not yet. It was too confusing and everything seemed mismatched.

                "Absurd."

                "Yea..."

 

###########

 

"You're mine..."

                Even with both hands palming hard on his ears, the husky dark voice was still ringing around him, or was it coming from inside of his head? "No."

                Tears fall uncontrollably on his smooth cheeks and he tried to find the way out but it was dark. It was pitch black he couldn't even see his own hand. And when he felt ice cold finger sliding down his nape, Mir let out a horrified static scream he never thought possible as his knees went weak, flopping onto the ground. The touch just now was cold. Too cold yet it burn him. His skin was scorched and he smelt the burnt stench.

                Mir scooted away but he didn't even know where it was. He couldn't see. And the thick smell of blood was choking him causing him to pant but it was like oxygen didn't reach his lungs. He kept on crawling pathetically along the ground since his body won't listen to him. His legs lost all strength as strange fear consumed him. He felt how small sharp stones pricking his skin, scraping his palms.

                A creepy sound of laughter reverberated around him making the guts in Mir's stomach twisted. The sound itself filled with malice and something close to what he would call demonic. The sound of its voice was pulling the deepest fear inside him he thought no one could ever possibly had done. Yet it did it even without showing itself.

                "You can run but eventually you'll be mine." The hand was now reaching out again, caressing Mir's cheek, leaving the poor boy crying out in pain.

                "W-who are you?" Mir asked, couldn't possibly stop the tremble racking his figure. He shrunk away from the painful touch and another dark evil laugh greeted his ears.

                "You know the answer."

                "No." Mir automatically scooted farther when in the darkness, he felt something looming over his fallen figure.

                The thing sniggered. "Yes, it is. You know who... Hmm... What I am."

                Mir shook his head fast. "What d-do you w-want?" Mir felt the same touch. It was wiping his tears away. How come such gentle and kind gesture could be this painful and radiated nothing but evil? "P-please stop." Mir whimpered, trying his hardest to avoid the touch. His hands went up defensively in front of his face.

                "Soon..."

                "W-what?"

                The thing sniggered. "You'll be mine."

 

########

 

GO woke up with a start, his chest heaving and he almost immediately looked around for Mir and when he finally found the boy still soundly asleep while leaning on Joon, the panic surfacing in him ceased down. GO inhaled deep breath to calm himself down.

                What kind of dream was that? He wasn't dreaming of himself. He was dreaming of Mir but he was seeing from Mir's point of view as if he was Mir. GO touched his own cheek and nape. Somehow he felt faint throbbing there but there was nothing. No cut, no scar, no burn.

                GO reached over to caress Mir's cheek, making sure to scan details so he didn't miss any scar that might had marred the skin there. Because the dream was too real. GO proceeded to tuck the strayed strand of Mir's hair behind ears. He smiled in relief when Mir stirred and finally opened his wide eyes and waited patiently until those soft brown eyes focused on him.

                Mir yawned and stretched, smiling at GO. "Hey, hyung."

                "Hey." He responded as normally as he could but he couldn't deceive Mir, at least not when Mir's eyes was on him.

                "Is something wrong?" Mir asked, worried.

                GO shook his head. "Just some bad dream."

                Mir scooted closer to the end of the chair on the aisle side, and peered deeper into GO's eyes. "Hyung... You look so pale. Are you feeling faint?" Ignoring the coldness, Mir ran the back of his hand on GO's cheeks, gasping slightly as he saw the skin there fall off revealing red raw meat under as if it had been burnt. Mir pulled his hand away like he had been touched by electricity. His back bumped to Joon's side, shaking awake the latter who was sleeping since.

                "Mir?" GO called out, a bit startled at the sudden fear lurking in Mir's eyes and Mir blinked a few times for that fear to finally left him.

                "I... I..." Mir rubbed on his eyes. Weird... GO's fair skin surely was just fine. Then... What the hell that he saw before? "Maybe I'm not fully awake yet."

                "What's wrong?" Joon asked sleepily, putting a gentle hand on Mir's hair.

                Mir glanced at Joon and shook his head. "Nothing."

                Joon smiled and patted the younger's head. "I know I keep saying this but you're such a weird kid."

                "Yea, I guess I am."

 

#########

 

He stretched his back once his feet touch the ground and he could finally smell the fresh air. Mir looked around and saw the board written 'Busan'. Hmm... So it was just Busan. Joon could have just told him instead of trying to surprise him.

                "Come on, Mir." Joon beckoned for the younger to follow him as he walked ahead.

                Mir skipped after, making sure GO was holding on his bag with him, not that he wanted the spirit to carry it for him, just to make sure he won't lose the older. "Hyung. Let's go." Mir tugged on the bag when he saw GO was distracted, looking around the place. When they reached Joon, they saw a tall man in full suit talking to Joon with a gentle smile grazing his lips. "Who's that?" Mir whispered to GO, eyeing the new face, which GO shrugged unknowingly.

                "Oh, Mir, come here." Joon turned and met Mir's eyes. He reached the younger's hand and pulled Mir to stand beside him. "Hyung, this is Mir. Mir, this is Yunho hyung." He introduced.

                The tall obviously older man held out his hand for Mir to shake. The smile the older had on his lips reminded Mir of Rain. "Hello, Mir-shi." His voice was as gentle as his smile.

                "Eh? Eoh? Oum... De. Yunho-shi." Mir was very much aware of how GO was snickering at him being flustered and if only he could jabbed his elbow into the spirit's ribs. How dare he laughed.

                "He is as cute as you told me." Yunho complimented with wider smile but still with character of gentleness and politeness.

                "He is." Joon patted Mir's head and pinched Mir's cheek just to prove his point. "Weird as well."

                Mir swatted Joon's hand away and immediately pulled back his bag when Yunho reached over to carry it for him. "I can carry it myself."

                "It's my job." Yunho explained, taking the bag from Mir eventually and carry it to a black imported car which was huge enough and luxurious enough for Mir to gawked like a fish.

                "Your job- Wait! Is this your car?" Mir nudged on Joon's arm when the older pulled him and literally threw him into the car. Joon proceeded to enter the car, shooing Mir further inside. The car took off almost immediately one the door slammed shut.

                There was wall separating the wide area of passenger seat from the driver seat and small box was opened to reveal Yunho on the driving seat. "Straight home, Joon-shi?"

                "Let's stop by the florist first, and please stop speaking formally to me."

                "As you please, young master." Yunho teased, knowing Joon was uncomfortable with him being overly polite despite him being much older than the son of his employer and closed the communicating box.

                Joon grumbled, "He never listen."

                Joon just rolled his eyes and sat back to relax himself but not so fast as Mir almost climbed onto his laps with curious look, both hands gripping on the collar of his T-shirt as the younger exclaimed, "YOUNG MASTER?" in an earth-shattering voice. "Do you come from Mafia family? Or you're really filthy rich? And who is this Yunho-shi? Your underling? Are you yakuza? Am I going to get killed?"

                "Jeez... Tone down." Joon pushed Mir's shoulder so the younger sat back to his seat. "So what? I might or might not be filthy rich. And I have no sort of relation with mafia. Also, this is not Japan."

                "So what? So what? You didn't tell me!" Mir threw accusing glare to GO who was at first just watching over the episode innocently as a bystander.

                Flustered, GO raised both his hands and shook his head, opening his mouth to respond when Joon beat him to it. "Why would I tell you?"

                "Not you. Him!" Mir, forgetting all about GO being the ghost of a dead boy, pointed his index finger past Joon's shoulder to where GO was sitting, on the other side of Joon, which by now was more behind Joon as Joon had turned in his seat to face Mir properly.

                Joon turned his head slowly and frowned as he turned back to look at Mir. "Are you still half-asleep? There are only two of us here." Joon carefully spoke, slightly scared.

                "Huh? Umm..." Mir retracted his hand slowly all the while, awkward grin spread on his face. "Hahaha... Am I?" Mir let out mechanical laugh and leaned back on the leather seat of the car, eyes went everywhere except on Joon. "Wow... You're a young master." Mir uttered in lame attempt to avoid talking about his slip up just now.

                "Well. Just so you know, I'm not the rich one. My stepmother is." Joon explained, scooting closer to Mir when he got reminded by Mir's outburst just now. Was that why he felt like someone was watching him? Was Mir seeing something he couldn't? Well, if it is the case, then he didn't want to know.

                "Your father got remarried?"

                Joon nodded. "Two years already. She's a good mother. Though... I do sometimes missed my real mother."

                "I'm sorry."

                "Don't be."

                Mir's eyes flickered past Joon to see GO's reaction towards this conversation. Mir smiled sadly seeing what he had expected, the sadness in GO's dark orbs as GO tried to reach and caress Joon's raven hair yet his hand just went past Joon, like smoke. Mir watched as GO gathered his hands on his chest, hurt painting his face. Damn! That ghost made Mir itched to hug the older and comforted him until the pain faded away, but the situation won't allow him. So, he did the best he could do in this situation. Comforting Joon in GO's place.

                "It's okay, hyung. If you want to vent or anything, I'll be here." Mir patted Joon's shoulder. "I can even lend you my shoulder if you want to cry." Mir added, this time patting his own shoulder while puffing out his chest trying to produce very vivid optical illusion of what people would call strong and reliable shoulder for people to lean on.

                Joon smiled and lightly punched Mir's arm. "Your shoulder is too narrow, it's going to be uncomfortable."

                Mir gaped and rebutted by poking on Joon's ribs while saying, "I'm much more muscular under all this layer of clothing!" He smiled in satisfaction when he discovered Joon's ticklish spot and kept on jabbing his index fingers there.

                "Okay! Okay! Stop!" Joon raised his hands in surrender but it seemed that Mir had no intention to stop. So, the only way for him to escape and had his revenge was to wrestle the younger and pinned him down but Mir was rather strong, surprisingly. So the rough tussle between the two continued, decorated with laughter and they wondered if this huge car actually visibly rocked from outside due the force of their battle.

                They only stop when Mir finally shout his surrender. They fall into a heap on the floor of the car. Joon was the first to pull himself up again and offered his hand for Mir. "Thank you." Joon whispered. He wasn't sure if Mir intentionally trying to distract him and made him smile or Mir just did it without realizing it. Either way, he was grateful. But Mir's answer assured him the younger wasn't dense and knew exactly what he did.

                "You're welcome." Mir grinned as his response matched for both Joon and GO because unbeknown to Joon, GO had whispered the same thing at the same time as Joon. An expression of grateful and thankful for what Mir had done for them.

                Even GO had the same smile on his face. Mir knew exactly what he needed even without him having to tell and Mir gave whatever he needed without hesitance. He guess he meant that much for Mir. And he like it though... He didn't know if this was a good thing...

 

 

I have no idea places and city in Korea so the places were just randomly named. Bear with me