28..

Black Notebook

Sanghyuk twirled the chair he was sitting on, blowing raspberry while watching the spinning fan on the ceiling. Even a child could tell the boy was beyond bored.

                Leo glanced over to the younger while arranging new stocks of accessory. He rose his brow questioningly. Sanghyuk had been spending more time in the shop again instead of at school. He even moved back to their shared house. Had he really gave up on Mir or something? But then Leo wasn't exactly the type to nose around in Sanghyuk's business. So, he never question when one night he came back from work to see the light in the house was on and Sanghyuk was eating at the kitchen, greeting him casually as their eyes met as if he never left in the first place.

                "Hyung..." Sanghyuk called from his seat, still spinning on the chair. Leo just replied with a humm, knowing that maybe the younger was about to spill out whatever he had in his complicated mind. Even if Leo never ask, sooner or later, Sanghyuk would always told him what was in his mind, maybe because Sanghyuk didn't really have any friend to talk to other than him.

                Sanghyuk wasn't exactly a friend material. Not when all he talked about to his potential friends was never out of supernatural, gory, horror topic, looking like a nut case to any other normal people especially when he told those people how they had 'something' following them around. Obviously... Most of the boys and girls at Sanghyuk's age would keep a distance from him due to his weird behavior.

                Leo had tried a few times talking Sanghyuk out of his weird habit of obsession on talking about supernatural thingy with his schoolmates or he won't have friend. Ever. Because what Sanghyuk like wasn't what a boy of his age supposed to and Leo had talked to Sanghyuk based on his experience. Him, too, wasn't a normal school boy when he was at Sanghyuk's age. He had no friend but he wasn't bullied because of his introvert nature and his scary glare each time someone tried to. But still, being alone throughout school years even in college kind of , but now he was already used to it and plus he had enough with Sanghyuk alone by his side but he really hope the younger wouldn't turn out like him. A loner.

                "Have you seen what kind of bond they had?" Sanghyuk questioned again after a long pause, reeling Leo back from his train of thought.

                Leo blinked, taking his time to answer. He knew what Sanghyuk was asking and who the younger was meaning to say. But he didn't really know the answer. Yes, he could see ghost. But just because he could see ghost, didn't mean he know everything about them. "Well..." He started, putting down the accessories in his hand carefully onto the racks. "All I can say is, it looks different from the others that I have seen before."

                "What is so different about that spirit? You said that too when Mir first came here." Now, Sanghyuk's interest pique and he was really curious. He doubted himself nowadays when he saw how well Mir was fairing up except the incident in the kendo room, nothing had really happened after that. And he had witnessed a few times where Mir seemed genuinely happy with the company of unseen spirit unlike other victims he had seen before. It just instilled doubt in him. Could he really be wrong? Could it be that the spirit won't  harm Mir in any way? He had been having these doubts because of Mir's strong faith on the spirit. He had met with people who bonded with spirits and they all ended up hurt and... Some even died. And they certainly didn't look as happy as Mir.

                "Actually, when I see the connection they had..." Leo started again. "I don't think what I saw before in other people was even any form of bond. It seemed like what I have seen before was just spirit haunting human. Unlike Mir."

                Sanghyuk made an understanding sound while nodding to himself. He took out the ring he kept in his pocket. "He wouldn't take this ring."

                "He doesn't want to hurt him." Leo stated as the matter of fact.

                Sanghyuk sighed. "He's the one who's going to get hurt then."

                "We can never say for sure."

                Sanghyuk looked up to Leo who still had his back on him, arranging all the accessories. "I'm not going to give up on Mir."

                Leo only glance over his shoulder, seeing the fiery determination in Sanghyuk's orbs. He let a thin line of small smile flashed on his lips. "Do what you want."

                "Huh?" Sanghyuk was dumbfounded. What's with that serenity? And why the hell won't Leo stopped him this time?

                Leo turned back so the look he had on his face this time couldn't be seen by Sanghyuk. He, himself had have a long inner discussion with his own mind. His heart was fighting against his brain. Honestly, at first, he thought the spirit was really different and the glowing red ribbon connecting the pair was really beautiful and seemed harmless and he was captivated. Yet, he couldn't be so sure now. That bond might have even worse effect towards Mir. Maybe that unknown bond would hurt Mir in some way. And the best he could do for now was to sit and watch because there was really nothing he could do. Not when he knew nothing.

 

######

 

GO didn't know what he was thinking of right now. He got his memory back. Fully. Completely. Now? What was he supposed to do? He got his memory back and then? Again, what was he supposed to do now? He was lost. He had no idea what was going to happen to him from now onwards. Shouldn't he have already moved on to whatever the next place or next world instead of being stuck in living word as a ghost? Or was there really no end to this?

                He had gotten his flashback during the time he was alone and wondered if he should tell Mir the whole story. However, even if he didn't tell Mir, he knew Mir would trust him and would never believe in the incomplete story version that Seungho knew.

                But... If he told Mir, then maybe Mir could tell Seungho so at least his one and only bestfriend wouldn't be so disappointed in him? It hurt him to keep this from Seungho when he was still alive but he didn't want Seungho to do reckless thing if he knew. That was why he kept Seungho in the dark and never corrected the misunderstanding they had. He could already imagine what Seungho would do once the truth reach the latter and he was more than sure that Joon would do exactly the same thing or even worse. God forbid they did anything to hurt themselves because of him. He didn't want Seungho to get dragged down into what he was trapped in. It was scary alone in that but it was scarier to let Seungho got involved. AXE wasn't something you could easily get out of once you're in. He tried once. And look at him now. Dead and wondering in between living and non-living world. He wanted nothing of this sort to befall on people he cherished. Not to anyone, in fact.

                GO's ears perked up when he heard bouncing of ball against the court ground echoing in the silence of the open space. He tilted his head to the side slightly and saw lonely ball bounced towards him. He wished he could play a game or two to forget the bothering annoying thought but he couldn't touch the ball. And so he thought, until the ball rolled and stopped at his feet. His brows jerked upwards and he reached down and patted the round object. "Eh? I can touch it?" He asked himself in total surprise and confusion.

                "Want to play a game?" Later, came that voice and he looked up to see Mir approaching him with a smile. "I bought it just for you." He explained, puckering his lips towards the ball now in GO's hands.

                Of course it's Mir. Who else would be so sweet to him this way? This angel in disguise would always come for his rescue, would always took GO under the safety and peace of his wings and would always make everything seemed fine again when he felt everything was wrong.

                GO smirked. "You're going to lose~" He sang, already juggling the ball in his hands.

                "Oh yeah? Bite me." Mir broke into a dash and tried to snatch the ball away but GO was faster and slid the ball behind him before dribbling past Mir with ease but Mir won't let GO score as he ran ahead and blocked the older and to his advance and also the reason for him to be a bit cocky and sent a few condescending remark during the game to the older, he was a bit taller than GO and GO was strict enough not to violate the rule by floating around and do the game fair and square.

                The battle between them were quite closely match, skills and agility and speed of both of them were almost at the same level but unfortunately not the stamina. After a bit past three hours of unstoppable competition, Mir gave up and collapse in the middle of the court, having his view greeted by the beautiful night sky littered by stars.

                "Time!" Mir shouted, raising only one hand.

                GO chuckled and approached the younger with the ball in his hand. He dropped to the floor, lying beside Mir with the ball lying on his abdomen. "You're lack of stamina." GO said, not even breaking into sweat.

                Mir didn't turn to face GO and just looked up to the sky. "No. It's normal to be tired by this time."

                "Oh yeah, I forgot I'm a ghost." GO chortled. Time like this, he missed all the humanly feels. Tiredness... Warmth... What it felt to still be living...

                "Obviously." Mir snorted, missing the sad look in GO's dark orbs.

                They laid there in silence, watching the night sky while GO's hands still fiddling with the round object on his abdomen. Both had the same feeling and thought right now. Peaceful piece of mind with each other's company until GO decided to talk again.

                "I've got my memory back." That managed to call Mir to turn to GO and immediately met with those pair of dark orbs that had been watching him. "Fully." GO completed his sentence. "Except the moment of my... death... but that's kind of not that important."

                Mir blinked and sat up, looking down at GO with a look that stored many question. He pondered on which question first to ask.

                "You're not going to say anything?" GO asked and tossed the ball towards Mir who caught it easily before matching Mir, by sitting up, legs crossed and he waited impatiently at the unexpectedly quiet Mir. He thought Mir would immediately bombarded him with questions and demanded him to tell the full stories of his life which by now he kind of ready for it.

                Mir let his eyes fall unto the ball on his laps, his short fingernails slightly scratching the ball. His brows bunched up in an uneasy expression. He, himself felt uneasy. Anxiousness greeted him, driving his heart to beat madly. GO remembered... So... He would leave... Already?

                GO leaned down to peek on Mir's hidden face but the younger twist around so GO couldn't see him. Mir had no courage to meet GO's eyes yet. His mind kept on repeating the words, 'He would leave.' overruling all of his other thoughts as the sole sentence echoed loudly.

                "Mir... Are you crying?" GO asked softly when he caught the light tremble of Mir's frame.

                Mir shook his head, still not saying anything, not even lifting up his face for the worried GO to look at.

                "Why won't you look at me, then?" Mir kept quiet and still. "You're crying aren't you?" GO pressed. Mir denied with a wavering small voice which convinced GO of his own theory. Mir was really crying, wasn't him? GO sighed a long defeated sigh. "You cry a lot today. This morning too." The tone of GO's voice was enough for Mir to see the heart the older was carrying. GO didn't like it when he cried for him yet tiny bit of his heart was moved knowing Mir cared enough to cry for him.

                "I've told you, I'm not crying." Mir hissed and as if wanting to prove his words, he lifted up his face and let his wide eyes locked with GO's.

                Once GO saw those pair of soft brown orbs, his breath hitched. 'Mir crying might be better than this.' What he saw wasn't tears as he thought he would, but worse. There was something mixed of sadness, disappointment and longing that would made whoever saw through those eyes, would shed tears of their own. And fear... What was Mir fearing of? Him? No... It's Mir. He could only think of one thing. Mir fear of him leaving. His tongue numbed and all he could do was drowning in those eyes, swimming in the ocean of emotion flooding there.

                "What will happen now?" Mir asked, breaking the eye contact. That was enough of him showing what he felt to the older. He wasn't really one to show such embarrassing thing like this.

                GO swallowed, looking away as well. "I don't know."

                Mir took in a deep breath. This wasn't him. He didn't like this kind of heavy atmosphere. This wasn't GO as well. It disturbing to say the least to see GO's usually playful look distorted into lost. Shaking his head and gathering back his composure, Mir threw the ball to GO's head with a bit too much force.

                Feeling the ball collided with his head, GO toppled back lying on the court ground. He blinked up to Mir who was grinning mischievously. He took a minute before sitting upright again with dumbfounded look, keep blinking like an idiot while rubbing the place on his head where the ball had hit on.

                "So... Haven't you see any white light around?" Mir asked playfully. When GO just looked at him with empty gaze, Mir almost laughed out loud. The idiotic look on GO's face now was looking more like the older he knew of. "If you see any light, don't follow it. That way, you can keep haunting me."

                Finally getting the younger was meaning, GO's lips twitched a bit and he wrestled the younger on the ground. They kept on fighting while Mir was squeaking on how cold GO was, trying to kick the spirit away. They kept their playful showdown, not realizing a pair of dark eyes that have red tinted in them once the moonlight glazed on those orbs watching from behind a window of class on the first floor. The glint of white teeth shown as it grin creepily.

                "Soon..." It whispered.

 

 

I guess I'm kinda in my angsty mood again these day. I really want to write a sad piece of fanfic right now but I have no idea what to write