18..

Black Notebook

There was another boy in the shop, dusting the racks filled with accessories when Mir opened the door to the shop, bells dangling by the door jinggled at the motion. They exchanged a look and Mir saw the smirk adorning the boy's face as he walked past the boy and straight to the counter. Slamming the plastic filled with the ring unto the counter, Mir looked straight into Leo's eyes. "I'm returning this."

Leo gave out a small nod and let out an inaudible sigh. But the boy with the feather duster in his hand came up to the counter and pulled the plastic from under Mir's palm.

"There's no return policy here, dear customer." He said with a lopsided smile still on his face and though his words sound polite, there was something slimy in his tone. Something sneaky. Almost sinister even.

Mir smirked back. "Then you can have it. Take it as my gift for our first and last meet." Mir glanced shortly at Leo and cowered slightly at those sad eyes. Just like Rain, he was a bit weak in this area though that trait of Rain just happened particularly in Mir and no one other that Mir could melt him that much. "I just don't want him to get hurt." Mir mumbled and left, feeling like smacking himself for disappointing the sweet shy Leo. Now he felt bad. As if he just stole a candy from cute vulnerable kid. Damn it.

"He had something with him." The boy suddenly spoke out once Mir disappeared from behind the door. He couldn't see ghost like Leo could but he could at least sensed the essence of its presence. Those bone-biting cold. Unpleasant feeling. "Oh, sure this is our first meet, it won't be the last though." He continued as if talking to the already left Mir.

Leo turned to his coworker who was unfortunately also his one and only cousin and gave him a look. "Leave him be." He warned.

"How can I?" The boy retorted and slid the ring out of the plastic bag. He evaded when Leo tried to grab the ring in his hand and quickly slipped it into his index finger. "Na-ah. He gave it to me remember? This will be really helpful."

"You-"

The office door creaked opened, stopping Leo. Rain stepped out with a smile. "Leo, Sanghyuk. Come in for a moment. I have something to discuss." Rain pulled back into the room.

Sanghyuk was about to walked ahead when Leo grabbed his shoulder. Leo's dark eyes stabbed him with the sharpness it possessed but it wasn't easy to intimidate Sanghyuk. Instead of cowering in fear, Sanghyuk just kept up his carefree smile. "What is it, hyung?"

"You don't hurt them." Leo whispered harshly.

Sanghyuk let his smile faded and his features tensed, almost matching that of Leo. "Why not?"

"That ghost is not like the others."

Sanghyuk snickered and later laughed mockingly. "Really hyung? You're still keeping on with those foolish hope that there is actually ghost with heart? They are all the same hyung. Either I get rid of him or that sweet boy will get hurt. You know that well." Sanghyuk took a look at the ring. "Otherwise... Why would you design this ring filled with engravement of greek enchantment? It hurt them all same."

"Sang-"

"What are you guys still doing out there? Quick! I have lots more work to do." Rain called from the room, successfully interrupting Leo once again.

"We'll talk again later." Leo reminded and walked ahead into the room. Sanghyuk shrugged, put on his smile and followed Leo's steps. Talk? He didn't have the same thing in his mind...

 

💞💞💞💞💞

 

"Hmm... It isn't complete." Mir mumbled to himself but since GO kept sticking by his side, completely cooling him from the hot sun, the older heard him as well.

"It stopped halfway. Read this." GO turned the page of the diary Mir was reading about on how GO was looking for part-time job while troubling over how to get school's permission towards the almost last written pages. A few pages before.

While walking down the road to the school, since he didn't feel like taking bus, Mir focused on reading GO's diary. Everytime he strayed a bit too far from road or was about to step into a hole or any potentially dangerous or even dog poop, GO would pull on the hem of his jacket, guiding him to the right road. It was convenient to have a ghost with him.

Mir couldn't help but flipped through the remaining pages and his eyes darkened by each row of sentences. "GO hyung." Mir called out once he finished reading. He couldn't lift his gaze to meet GO. This was just... Wrong. How could... How could GO? This just... Not him. He was a cheerful kid. One with gentle look. One who wouldn't hurt a fly.

"Yea I know." GO answered in a small voice. His voice barely heard and even he couldn't find Mir's eyes. He felt low... He felt dirty...

"Then. That part of your memories before?" Mir asked again but GO didn't answer. Now Mir might actually believe that GO might had really killed someone. But... It was too... Impossible. It was GO. None other than GO. "Hyung, I-" Mir turned but he was alone. He looked around but GO wasn't there. "Hyung?"

Mir let out a heavy breath. As heavy as his heart now. GO must have been hurt by his reaction towards the contents of the diary. Towards the fact that for money, GO joined a gang. Not just any gang. Not the one with rebellious immature teenagers. Ani. It was way much more huge. AXE.

Mir had of course heard about the AXE. Everyone in Korea had heard about it. One of the largest illegal underground group that even police couldn't interfere. They killed. They torture. They had hand in human trading. They had hand in drugs business. They had hands in weapon black market. Basically, they are the centre of the ring of crimes. The lord in the dark world.

Everyone knew not to mess with them. Get into the gang and you'd never escaped the dark world and would never feel the sun above your head again. And GO? He joined it. For money?

Ani. Mir shook his head. He couldn't just jumped into the conclusion just as yet. Sure he didn't know GO's past life. He only knew GO who had no memories. But he surely won't judge just as yet before he got the whole story. And now, the answer he needed only lied in one person. GO's bestfriend during his lifetime. Seungho.

 

 

sorry if "AXE" and "gang" sound immature. Then again, hey, it's just a fic