29..

Black Notebook

Dragging the bag along the tiled floor, Mir almost crashed into the wall if not for GO who quickly grabbed a hold on the younger's shoulder, turning the younger away from the wall, guiding the boy to the right path. "There you go." GO patted Mir's back so the boy walked towards the stairs. He smiled adoringly. Mir was still sleepy since they came back quite late last night after second round of their game and they had to wake up early to go to the airport. This boy was cute beyond the words.

                "Mireu?" Rain popped his head around the wall to the stairs when he heard sound of bag dragged along the floor. A smile automatically painted on his lips once he saw his adorable dongsaeng climbing down the stairs with closed eyes. This kid was really not a morning person. Feeling playful, he stood at the most bottom stairs and waited there with his hands on his hips, waiting until Mir crash into him.

                However, he didn't see GO who was guiding Mir since just now. So, once the youngest of the three reached the bottom stairs, GO turned Mir slightly so the half-asleep boy walked around Rain instead of into Rain.

                Rain blinked, catching Mir's hand and when he felt the coldness of Mir's skin, he knew right then and there that GO was there too. What was he expecting anyway? Of course GO would be there with Mir for every second. No wonder Mir walked with ease despite closing his eyes.

                Mir snuffled softly and leaned closer to Rain once he felt warmth of hand enveloping his own, reaching out blindly to find his older brother's warmth. Rain chuckled as Mir dropped the bag and rounded his arms around Rain's middle, sleeping against Rain's chest while standing. Rain's hand immediately caressed Mir's raven hair. "Sleepy~" Mir's whine muffled into Rain's sweatshirt.

                "If you're this sleepy, then just cancel the promise." Rain said, already knowing about Mir's promise with Joon. Well, Mir told him everything. Even about GO which made him somewhat sympathy for that spirit of the dead boy if not for he was being extra cautious about his very existance. There was no secret between them. "Just rest at home this weekend." He cooed when Mir let out a bear-cub yawn.

                Mir burrowed his face further in Rain's chest before pulling away. His eyes were only half-opened. "He bought the tickets already." Pout decorated his lips.

                Rain ruffled Mir's hair. "Then, what are you still waiting for?" Rain bent over and took the abandoned small luggage before taking Mir's hand into his. He stopped only after a few steps before taking off the sweatshirt he wore, leaving him in his thin black shirt before putting the sweatshirt on Mir instead. The large navy blue sweatshirt drowned Mir's small figure.

                "What the- Hyung~" Mir whined as he flailed his hands around that had been covered by the excessively long sleeves of the large sweatshirt. He tried to pull off the extra clothe but Rain would pulled it down again. When he proceeded to fold the too long sleeves, Rain unfolded them again, covering to the extent of Mir's fingertips.

                "It's so you won't feel too cold." Rain reasoned.

                Mir huffed. "But it's summer."

                "Exactly. Yet you're too cold!" Rain rebutted.

                Mir's eyes flickered to GO as reflex, hoping the spirit wasn't hurt by Rain's careless words. Seriously, Rain was always acting quite spiteful whenever they talked about something related to GO. He got defensive and hostile toward GO as if GO would endanger Mir. Not that he had no reason for acting like that since Mir even told Rain about what happened to him in the Kendo room few days after it happened and it took half an hour for Rain to stop throwing around pillows and books in Mir's room in hope at least one of them would hit the spirit and Mir was grateful GO chose to visit Joon again that night. One older brother to control was hard enough for him.

                "Come on. Your flight is in an hour." Rain tugged on Mir's hand but Mir tugged back.

                "Hyung. I wish you can see him yourself." Mir said and his eyes went to his side, flashing a soft smile Rain used to only see when Mir was with him or their mother. GO was already at the same level as them? He really didn't like that.

                Rain didn't speak out his thought though, knowing Mir would probably sulk if he did. And other than protectiveness, Rain was feeling the tip of jealousy in his heart. This GO boy was taking his place and was close to what he would call a rival. Aish! This Mir... He was Mir's real blood brother, but this kid always defended GO in front of him. That is just... Wrong.

                "I've seen him when he was still alive. I don't feel like seeing him as ghost." Rain mumbled and flinched when Mir gasped at his child-like complaint.

                "Hyung!" Mir's eyes lit up as the realization hit him. He looked over to GO who was looking sad and chuckled. The sound of Mir's laugh kind of ticked GO and the spirit wonder what was so funny about Rain hating him? "Yeobo~ Are you jealous?" He asked Rain while jerking his thick brows.

                GO who had been sticking his eyes on the floor snapped his head up and looked back and forth between the two siblings, finally having Mir's words sunk and he chortled. Wasn't that just so cute of them, GO thought. So... All this while, Rain was jealous of him? Well, to be fair, Mir did spend more time with GO compared to Rain.

                "I hate that look." Rain grumbled at the face-ripping grin Mir was putting on and dragged Mir behind him, trying his hardest to ignore Mir's constant teasing and poking on his biceps. But Mir never one to let any chance of teasing his softy hyung pass just like that.

                "You jelly? Eoh? Yeobo? You love me that much, you don't want to share me? Why? Am I that pretty?"

                Fed up, Rain turned and pinched on Mir's cheek firmly. "Stop role playing already and I. Am. Not. Jealous!" He emphasized, topping it off by puffing his cheeks sulkily.

                Mir grinned and tip-toed to pat much taller Rain's head. "You are jealous. That's cute. And no. I will never stop role playing." He winked and all Rain could do was groaning and continued dragging the mischievous teenager behind him.

 

#######

 

On the plane, Mir didn't really bother with anything else other than to entertain his drooping eyes. He was still very sleepy. He dozed off but then was jolted awake again with wide alerted eyes when the plane took off. That called a tussle of his hair from Joon who was sitting next to him.

                "You should just sleep. It's going to take at least an hour." Joon informed.

                Mir yawned loudly, rubbing his eyes before nodding and relaxing himself into the chair. His head fall on the other side of the walkway where GO was sitting cross leg on the air. "Being a ghost would be nice. No need to pay for the ticket." Mir randomly blurted out as he completely fall into dream state.

                GO chuckled at Mir's grumble from out of nowhere while Joon just looked weirdly at Mir. "Weird kid..." Joon snorted with a smile. But it didn't matter how weird Mir is, he felt a strong feeling towards this kid. It was unexplained feeling. Just like an instinct.

                GO watched over his younger brother who was looking distracted, which he did a lot these days anyway. After three years of not meeting each other, it was painful for him to only be able to look at Joon in this state. Had he been more careful. Had he been... It didn't matter now. It was all too late. He lived in different world from his dongsaeng now.

                GO removed his eyes from Joon only when he felt Mir's head fall against his shoulder. A smile that Mir never fail to conjure from him once again adored GO's lips as he floated closer so Mir would be more comfortable. It was good that Rain put the sweatshirt on Mir though Joon did question Mir's choice of wardrobe during summer once they met at the airport. Other than that, it was all good, at least Mir wasn't shivering sitting too close with him this way.

                 Just as the spirit thought that the position was kind of comfortable, he saw from the corner of his eyes, Joon reaching out his hand and gently pulled Mir's head away from GO until the younger lied against his own shoulder. Of course he would do that. Without being able to see GO, the position Mir was sleeping was kind of awkward and Joon was just being like his usual nice little dongsaeng by providing Mir with better and more comfortable position.

                Joon let his hand lingered a little bit longer on Mir's cheek, a delicate frown on his face. He had never really been this close to Mir and now that he did, he wondered why did this friend of his felt so cold? Almost like the time in the Kendo room though this one was less severe. His eyes trailed to the huge sweatshirt that make Mir look even smaller and child-like. It was summer and Mir wore this kind of clothes. And yet he still felt cold. His skin was cold... Like skin of... Dead people.

                Slightly worried of Mir's health, Joon request for a blanket from the stewardess when Mir trembled lightly and scooted closer to him for warmth unconsciously. He covered Mir's frame with the blanket. It didn't really make sense if Mir was this cold due the air conditioner in this plane because he, himself didn't feel that cold. Not when the summer sun was piercing through the small glass window on his other side.

                "He... Leave. No..." Joon looked down to the younger leaning on his shoulder when he heard the small mumbling from the sleeping boy. "Right?" Mir asked with a frown.

                Joon, of course had no idea on what the boy was dreaming of and who was 'he' that Mir mentioned of. But GO knew. Mir had been talking in his sleep since last night and he kind of figure it out by this morning. After the short conversation they had last night, he knew Mir was worried that he was going to leave since he already got his memories back despite of Mir not showing it. Mir even clung on his arm when he was sleeping, not releasing him until he woke up the next morning. How could he leave with Mir like this? Plus, he didn't even know where to go other than just being with Mir.

                GO looked away from Mir only to be startled when his eyes were stabbed by another pair of eyes. Almond shape eyes belong to his little brother. How long had it been since Joon was staring in his way with that confused look? GO looked over his shoulder in case Joon was looking at anything behind him but there was only an old couple sleeping on the seat across. Was Joon looking at him?

                Joon sighed and palmed his own chest, unable to removed his eyes from the empty space. It was like his eyes been glued there. He didn't see anything. He didn't see GO but somehow it wasn't his eyes which was seeing, it was his heart...