12

Black Notebook

The rain went on until the school period ended. Mir and his three friends were stuck in the building. The rain was heavy and they would be drenched if the went out without cover all the way to the bus stop. None of them brought umbrella since the weather cast didn't predict for it to be raining that evening.

Mir let out a soft breath, sounding contented as faint smile ghosted on his lips. He had always like rain. He didn't know what in it that made him like rain so much. Maybe the sometimes gush of cold wind blowing his way, bringing together refined drizzles or the way those cold droplets touched his skin. He chuckled to himself as he got reminded by his older brother, Rain. He had been the one giving that nickname and had been the only one calling Rain by that name. He loved Rain and he loved rain. It was just as simple as that.

Mir shivered slightly, sensing GO's presence beside him. He turned towards the ghost. "There's an umbrella at the end of the locker." GO informed.

Mir glanced at his other three friends who were a bit distracted by the rain. Sanghyun was holding out his hand under the rain and when Lizzy nagged at him, he pulled his hand back under the roof and purposely shook his wet hand over Lizzy who screeched and tried to hide behind Nicole.

Stealthily, Mir retreated away from the playful trio. He walked down the hall and rounded the corner. Mir stroded until he was at the end of the locker and true it was that a red umbrella was there.

"Take it." GO urged.

Mir chuckled and patted GO's shoulder. "I can't just take it. It's not mine."

"Yeah I know. It's mine."

Mir blinked before something click in his mind. "Do you have your memories back?" He asked with wide eyes.

GO shrugged. "A bit. But it's quite blurry."

Mir nodded. "Would you let me read your diary?"

GO's face reddened at the sudden request. Mir sometimes was very unpredictable. He hugged himself. "W-why? I d-don't think i-it's-"

Mir laughed and cut off the stuttering GO. "I'm not pushing you. I was just asking. You don't have to if you don't want. I'm just curious." Mir assured.

"Mir?"

Mir jolted up and his heels at that deep voice. Someone saw him? Mir swallowed and forced a smile when he came face to face with Joon who had this weird look on his face as he stared in Mir's way.
"

Oh, hi Joon hyung." Mir tried to act casual as his focus went fully on Joon.

Joon stepped closer. His eyes flickered past Mir's shoulder and around them. "Who were you talking to?" He asked carefully.
Mir grinned and took out his phone smoothly from his pocket and showed the small gadget to Joon. "I was talking with someone in the phone."

Joon still looked suspicious though. He was sure he didn't see Mir holding a phone when he saw the boy talking and laughing into the thin air. "Yeah." But Joon decided not to pester.

When he first met Mir, the younger was acting like a stalker and crept around senior classroom, and later while they were walking to the principal room, he noticed Mir was smiling to himself. Now he saw Mir talking to himself. He figured Mir was a weird kid. Weird went well with him as long as Mir was a nice boy. So, he didn't really mind if Mir was acting a bit crazy.

"Going home?"

Mir made a small noise and nodded. "Hmm. But it's still raining."

"I've got two umbrella with me. Just in case." Joon beckoned Mir to follow him to his own locker. Mir followed but after he grabbed GO's umbrella.

Wait... Mir turned around while still following Joon's steps. He frowned. He didn't realize GO wasn't with him anymore. Mir kept looking behind and around in case GO was floating somewhere but no. GO was nowhere in sight. Where did he run off to again? GO was making this a habit, disappearing and appearing so suddenly like a ghost. Well, to be fair, GO is a ghost for a fact.

"Ouff!" A puff of air was knocked out of his lungs when Mir walked straight into Joon's back. He didn't notice Joon had stopped walking as he was too distracted in looking for GO.

Joon chuckled. "You okay?" He asked and opened his locker, taking out two of his umbrella. He gave a pink one to Mir and he took the blue one to himself. Mir stared at the pink umbrella in his hand. Not just any pink. But hot pink. "Don't judge." Joon said, smirking.

When Mir realized that it was his own words when he first met Joon, he burst into laughter. "You stole my line."

"Hey, this is a free country." Joon retorted. They laughed again. However, they stopped abruptly when Mir's eyes caught Seungho figure walking down the hall towards him and Joon. From the corner of his eyes, Mir knew Joon was watching Seungho too.

Seungho's nose was buried in his book but when he looked up and saw the duo, he halted. Mir was confused as to why Seungho's eyes slightly widened at their sight and the boy immediately his heels and walked away from them as if trying to avoid them. Weird...

Mir turned back to Joon when the latter nudged on his arm. "Anyway, I still got some matter to take care of. See you again Mir." Joon patted Mir's head and walked away, waving back to Mir.

Mir waved back before he walked back to the front of the school building where the other three was still playing around.
Mir rose his brow seeing Sanghyun's hair was slightly wet already. Those three kept trying to push each other into the rain, squealing and giggling until Mir tapped Joon's umbrella on Sanghyun's head.

"Here, take this."

"Woah, puppy. Where did you get this?" Lizzy asked while Nicole was 'aww-ing' at the pink colored umbrella.

"Borrow them." Mir answered simply and opened GO's umbrella. With his free hand, he slung it around Nicole's shoulder and pulled her under the umbrella since Lizzy was already standing next to Sanghyun, under the opened umbrella only to have the girl struggled in his hold. "What?" Mir asked.

"I want the pink one." Nicole whined cutely.

Mir held his stomach and laughed loudly before he could managed a breather. "Sure, princess." He teased as he let Nicole ran under the pink umbrella Sanghyun was holding on. "Lizzy, do you mind red?"

Grinning widely, she bounced towards Mir and Mir automatically slung his arm around Lizzy's shoulder. "Not at all, puppy."

"Good." Mir responded and pulled Lizzy closer so Lizzy was properly shaded from the rain. "Let's go."

 

*second chapter for today since both chapter quite short (or wasn't it?)*

*ps : it's really raining here and I'm sleepy...