21..

Black Notebook

"Mireu!" Mir yelped when a small slender body crashed into his and threw him back unto the sick bed. He was just about to get out of the infirmary and went back to class when Lizzy barged in and tackled him onto the bed. "Oh my... Poor puppy. You're as cold as ice." Lizzy tightened his hold on Mir, making Mir chuckled before he returned the hug.

"And you're so warm." Mir replied.

"I'm warm too!" Another voice joined in before Mir felt increasing load on his body. Sanghyun had made himself comfortable on top of Mir and Lizzy however, Mir managed to push Lizzy slightly aside so the girl won't get sandwiched.

Mir groaned. "Yah! I'm a patient!" He scolded.

Nicole came in just second after, carrying a large basket of fruits and some beverages. She settled all those things aside before started peeling Sanghyun and Lizzy one by one from Mir.

"Thank you, Nicole. Hug~" Mir whined playfully with both his hands outstretched like a baby in which Nicole complied and pulled Mir up before giving her bestfriend a warm hug. Mir grinned and still had one arm around Nicole even after she pulled away. "What's with all the fruits? This is just a school infirmary you know? It's not like I'm warded."

"Her idea." Both Sanghyun and Lizzy pointed their finger to Nicole who immediately blushed deep red.

"You're always here anyway. Doesn't make any difference from being warded." Lizzy finally said in Nicole's defense as she threw herself onto Mir's bed, sighing out "Comfy~" before snuggling deeper into the fluffy pillow.

"This is just my second time. Stop exaggerating. Why are you guys here anyway? I'm about to go back to class." Mir rolled his eyes at Lizzy and took the small piece of tangerine Nicole had peel for him.

"Did you lost you track of time already? Could you lost your memory as well? Did you hit your head when you fainted?" Sanghyun shot Mir with barrages of question.

Mir facepalmed. How could he forget. He fainted at the club and club activities only start after school is done which mean... Mir inhaled sharp breath. "What time is it?"

"Seven." Sanghyun answered, rummaging through the fruit basket and indulged himself with the fresh grapes, ignoring the look Nicole was sending him.

Mir breathed out in relief. It wasn't that late. Well... Not for him. "You got my bag from Kendo club?" Mir asked when he saw his backpack resting against Sanghyun's leg.

"Seungho hyung gave me. He's the one who told us you're here. But you in Kendo club?" Sanghyun snickered.

"He brought me here?" Mir asked again, ignoring Sanghyun's teasing. Sanghyun just nodded. "I thought Joon hyung was the one-"

Mir was stopped when Sanghyun cut him off with wide eyes. "What did you say?" Mir just made a small noise of confusion. What did he say to get Sanghyun so worked up like this? "That name... Say it again."

"Joon h-"

"As in Lee Changsun?" Sanghyun rose his voice. Nicole flinched. Lizzy... Well, Lizzy already fell asleep on the bed, so... Yeah. She was oblivious to what was going on around her.

Mir pursed his lips in thought. Joon did tell him his full name, though he didn't exactly remember. But that sounded just about right. "Yea, I guess..." Mir flinched back when Sanghyun rushed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. "What's with him?" Mir asked in awe. Nicole looked just as confused as him. Sighing, Mir patted Nicole's shoulder. "Stay here with her. I'm going to come back but right now, I need to get him first. Okay?" Mir patted Nicole's head when the girl gave him an okay sign and left to follow Sanghyun.

What in the hell is happening? He didn't understand a single thing.

 

💞💞💞💞💞

 

Mir looked around the empty hallway. Most of the students were already went home saved for some staying back due to study or club activities.

"Aish! Where did he run off to?" Mir grumbled and scratched the back of his head as he kept walking down the hallway until he reached the locker area when he heard sound of people talking.

Being pulled towards the sound, Mir rounded a corner and saw Seungho and Sanghyun was talking to each other. Mir squinted his eyes only to widened them when he saw Sanghyun was yelling about something, looking furious. Curious, Mir tip-toed closer and his behind one of the locker, perking up his ears.

"Why don't you tell me?" Sanghyun almost raised his voice but he looked around and low his volume down again. "So, did you tell him, hyung?"

Seungho sighed and leaned his back on the wall, looking down at his foot. "I didn't."

Sanghyun observed his older cousin and rubbed his temple. "But he is still here. He doesn't plan to let this slip, does he?"

"I guess so."

"Hyung..." Sanghyun whined. "You should have told me this. Why do you always want to bear all alone?" Seungho didn't answer. He just stood there silently. Annoyed with Seungho's silence, Sanghyun edged him up. And it worked. "Or maybe it is better to just tell him."

At that, Seungho jolted up. "No!" He replied too quickly. "I promised GO." He fall back against the wall as sadness lurked in his orbs when that bloodied night rewinded in his mind. Gurgling in warm blood, GO had managed to make him promise to keep it as secret. And he had agreed. It was a promise.

"He has right hyung. He came all the way from America. You know how he is. Just like GO hyung, when he want something, he will never back down until he get it." Sanghyun inhaled. "If he can't get it out from you, he will get it from others."

Seungho laughed bitterly. "If he knew than I have no one else in my mind." He looked up sharply on Sanghyun who flinched back and caved under the glare. "Only you and I who know about GO. If he know, then I know who spill that out."

"H-hyung."

"I dare you tell him." Seungho seethed and stepped closer to Sanghyun who in response, stumbled backwards. "I. Dare. You."

"Hyung! Stop it!" There was hint of tears in Sanghyun's eyes. "Fine! I won't tell. But hyung... It's not just you and me who knows about GO. That night... Those bastards..." Sanghyun bit his lips when Seungho's face darkened at fury in the mention of those who had destroyed GO's life and gasped when Seungho let out an angry yell and lashed out a punch unto one of the locker. Even Mir in hiding jumped in fear. "Hyung!" Sanghyun looked worried but scared at the same time.

"Don't ever mention about them!" Seungho scolded.

Mir gulped loudly. He didn't understand what was happening and he didn't like the vibe. Maybe he should just leave and wait for Sanghyun at the infirmary. Thinking that, Mir turned to leave only to crash into another body, making him let out a surprise yelp.

Gaining back his balance, he looked up only to see Joon was standing there, looking towards Seungho and Sanghyun with uncharacteristically tensed features.

"Joon hyung?"

Joon's eyes only flickered towards Mir for a moment before he ruffled Mir's hair and walked past the younger towards the duo. Mir watched curiously and almost pulled his hair out in confusion when he saw the surprise look Seungho and Sanghyun had at Joon's presence. What the hell? What is it that link them together? What is it that he didn't know?

"Who are 'them'?" Joon asked slowly, with deep dangerous voice. When both Seungho and Sanghyun looked away, Joon repeated the question, patience slowly leaving him. "Who are 'them'?"

"I'm sorry, hyung. We can't tell you. You will never get anything here. Just go back to America." Sanghyun muttered but even then, Sanghyun himself seemed not too conviced with his own words.

Joon inhaled deeply. "I will not leave until I know exactly what happened to him." He stated firmly.

Seungho sighed at Joon's stubbornness. He felt torn with his promise to GO and Joon not giving up was no helping at all. Feeling a headache incoming, he pinched the bridge of his nose. This wasn't good...

 

lol~ sorry Karen. I didn't notice I click on 'disable readibility'. Don't miss reading the previous chapter, ok^^