3

Black Notebook


Mir flopped down almost lifelessly onto his comfy bed. He looked lazily towards all the boxes still untouched lying around the floor of his room. He still didn't feel like unpacking his things. He only arranged the essentials like some of his clothes and some books. Others, he let them be for a while. He would start on them this weekend maybe, with the help from Rain (either willing or forcefully). He just threw the towel he used to dry his hair over his face and let his eyes drooped slowly until sleep took him away.

It wasn't even five minutes since he was in dreamland when he was being pulled back into reality, he was freezing as if he was lying in the snow. "Why is it so cold?" Mir asked himself and sat up. His small frame slightly shivering. It was summer. It hadn't rain today but it felt cold as if it was winter. And he was getting goosebump.

Mir walked up to his open window and pulled it close. He even switched off the fan yet the cold was biting into his bones. His teeth clattering, lips quivering and he was more than shocked when he saw fog formed from his breath. Impossible.

Walking back and sitting at the edge of his bed, Mir turned slightly to grab his blanket when his hand stopped halfway. Mir swallowed when he felt his heart almost jumped out of his throat. On his bed. On his bed was... There was a lump hidden under the blanket. Not just any lump. By the dips and the curve tell him that, it was something. Ani... Someone was lying on his bed. Under the blanket.

Mir shook his head. Ani. It could be just Rain. Rain was probably pulling a prank on him.

With that thought, Mir pulled the blanket off in one quick tug but his bed was empty except for a black notebook lying in the middle of the bed. Mir's breath hitched as he recognized the black notebook. With shaky hand, he tried to reach for the book when suddenly the book was opened and the pages were moving, flipping through in fast motion as if there was wind blowing on them. Mir yelped and jumped back, falling onto the floor on his . And then some sounds of whispering yet not understandable swished through his ears. Getting louder and louder by time but still, incoherent that Mir couldn't make out words from it. Only sounds...

Those whispering became harsher after few seconds as if something was trying to talk, trying to make Mir realized its presence. Almost sound threatening. Frightened, Mir closed his ears and squeezed shut his eyes.

Mir opened his eyes. Dream? He looked around, confused. He was lying on his bed. Slowly, he pulled himself up and chuckled to himself. "What the hell? One story give you a nightmare?" Mir mocked himself while scooting over his bed to get the a drink at the kitchen.

Once his feet touched the floor, he frowned. He felt like he stepped on something. He looked down and lifted his foot and his eyes widened at the black notebook lying there. The whispering suddenly came back haunting him and his breath fogged, feeling how icy coldness of the air froze his blood. It was happening again.

Suddenly the whisper stop. As sudden as it came. There was a short pause when abruptly... "Mir." At that small hushed foreign voice, Mir turned to his left and there was a boy, face chalky white and pale as marble, lips bluish almost blackish, his left temple was cracked and blood, lots of blood evident not just at the open gash but also all over his body, drenching his school uniform, was just a few inches away from Mir. Shouting, Mir fall backwards into darkness.

The darkness bit by bit was replaced by blurry images and colors before his vision cleared again. Mir immediately sat up from his bed panting and brows knitted in confusion. "Dream in dream?" He whispered to himself before he tore his blanket off of his bed and threw it on the floor, looking for the black notebook.

Seeing as his bed was clear, Mir jumped off his bed and grabbed the blanket on the floor and threw it back carelessly on the bed and scanned the floor. Not enough of that, he even bent down on the floor, sticking his cheek against the cold marbled floor and peered into the darkness under his bed.

Nothing. No notebook. No bloodied student. Really a dream. Mir sat cross leg on the floor and pinched his own cheek to make sure he was really awake already and this wasn't just another dream. "Oww..." He mumbled and rubbed his heating cheek. Okay, this time wasn't a dream.

Mir hugged himself and an episode of chill ran through his spine making him trembled slightly just for a short moment. It was cold and the hair on his nape was standing, but it wasn't that cold until steam came out his mouth. But still... Summer shouldn't be cold like this...

Mir looked around. What was this feeling? Feeling like someone was watching him... Trying to make their presence known... He didn't dare to sleep for the rest of the night and his thought was only reeled around that black notebook...

 

💞💞💞💞💞

 

Rain watched his younger brother skeptically. Mir looked like he didn't sleep a wink last night. The dark circle under the ring of Mir's eyes had almost reached his jaw. What the hell did this brat do last night? "Enjoy the game last night?" Rain casually asked.
"Huh?" Was all Mir's answer as he looked up from his cereal, looking dazed. "What game?" He asked back after a moment of silent.

"If you're not playing game, then what the hell did you do last night? You look like a zombie. You certainly weren't unpacking all the things. I know you well. Hey, now that I mention about unpacking. You should start on it bit by bit. If you kept postponing it, when will you finish. At least do it slowly. Those boxes won't unpack by itself, you know." Rain nagged.

Mir scrunched up his face cutely. "Hyung~ I can't take your nag so early in the morning." Mir whined and pushed away the already empty bowl of his and stood up, grabbing his bag.

"Wait! Aren't you going with me?" Rain asked, baffled when Mir had already moved away from the kitchen towards the front door. He chased after his dongsaeng with his half eaten bowl of cereal.
"Jihoon! Don't eat while walking!" Came their mother's voice from somewhere around the house. Creepy...

"Yea. Umma. I know." Rain turned back and put the bowl on the kitchen table before he went out again. Mir was already putting on his shoes. "Are you going to walk all the way to school?" He asked.

"No, I'm taking a bus." Mir answered monotonously.

"You didn't wait for me to go home together yesterday either." Rain mumbled sulkily.

"I was out with my new friends." Mir answered nonchalantly.
Rain was slightly hurt by Mir's indifference. "Why won't you go with me?"

"Just because." Only when Mir finished tying the shoelaces that he stood up and turned to look at the kicked-puppy look Rain was putting on. "Aww~" Mir leaned in to hug his obviously way taller and built hyung. "Just because I don't want to go to school with yeobo, doesn't mean I have stopped loving you and we're not going to divorce." Mir joked and laughed when he felt Rain was pinching his cheek for roleplaying. Again.

"Smartass." Rain scoffed.

Mir pulled away and kissed Rain's cheek. Well, it was weird that a teenage boy like him did this to his older brother but... Yeah... That was just the way they were brought up. "Umma! I'm going! Where's my kiss?" Mir shouted into the house and a beautiful younger looking than her age woman suddenly appear from behind the door.

"BOO!"

"UARGH!" Both Rain and Mir screamed like a girl at their mother's antic. "Umma~" Both whined harmoniously causing their mother to coo at her two precious sons. She pinched both of their cheeks before giving Mir the kisses he demanded on the forehead and cheeks with loud smooching sound.

"See you at school hyung. Bye umma." Mir waved his goodbye, left with his cheerful smile and with a memory of Rain and their mother stood by the door, waving back at him, Rain's arm slung around the small frame of their mother. A good start of the day for sure. 

Which he hoped would end bad for what he was about to do.
The notebook. Yes, the black notebook that was said belonged to an already dead student, GO. A black notebook that had been claimed of being haunted. Which he didn't believe even a bit but had been dreaming about. And that was why he decided to get the book.

After thinking for so long, causing him to loose his sleep last night and making him for the first time in his whole life, going early to school. Which reminded him. Why wouldn't Rain and Umma praised him for this morning? Mir frowned sulkily. He needed to demand a praise or maybe an ice cream for being such a good boy today once he got home after school.

Aigoo... He got distracted again thinking of what flavour of ice cream he wanted to taste today. The notebook. Yes, the notebook. Need to focus on that.

 

💞💞💞💞💞

 

Since Mir was really early today, the school was almost empty except a few students in the library or classes. Mir walked slowly towards the side road where the book was supposed to be and there it was. Lying there, just waiting... For someone to take it? Or for its owner?

The book had hard waterproof cover so it wasn't spoiled by the rain. So, the contents must still be safe and intact. Mir wondered if the book was maybe a diary or just a normal school book.

Mir stared at the book, suddenly doubting himself. Sure, he didn't believe in ghost or demon or spirit or anything that had to do with something science couldn't proof. But that didn't mean he wasn't even slightly scared of the idea of being haunted by an unseen.

Mir cuenched his eyes and shook his head when images of the bloodied student in his dream suddenly flashed in his mind. Was he making up a face now? He swore he never see the boy in his dream before. Maybe he just saw him somewhere in the school. The uniform the boy was wearing was from this school. Maybe that was why his brain made up that image subconsciously. Or... Or maybe...

"Or maybe it's GO..." Mir whispered to himself. Ugh! Now he felt slightly shaken. He turned away from the book and jogged into the school, only to run faster as he suddenly feel the presence of the coolness around him again. What the- "Ouf!" A puff of air was knocked out of Mir's lungs as he ran into someone. Mir recoiled and hit his back onto the wall. Looking up, his heart stop for a moment. Of all people in this school he just had to bump into Seungho... He let out a small sigh.

"Watch where you're going." Seungho let out his dark deep tone, making Mir nodded a few times and hung his head nervously.

Mir only released the breath he was holding on when Seungho walked past him only to stop breathing again when Seungho stopped just a step away from him. Mir slowly turned around when he felt Seungho's eyes on him. There was deep frown on Seungho's features as he took a step closer towards Mir.

"I-Is there something wrong sunbaenim?" Mir asked politely, trying not to stumble with his words.

Seungho just stepped closer and then he backed off and had a thinking look before he stepped closer again. "Is it just me, or is it a bit cold here?" Seungho mumbled to himself.

Mir felt his heart thumping loudly in his chest. So it wasn't just his imagination. It was true. There was something cool around him.
Seungho tilted his head and just left silently after a while. Mir, too, headed to his own class.

There was definitely something wrong...

 

*those who read my fics would already know I ship bromance like crazy so bear with me for a few weird chaps*