14..

Black Notebook

Mir woke up early today eventhough GO didn't practically torture him to consciousness. He looked around in sleepy state and found his mother was sleeping in Rain's embrace. He smiled at the cute sight.

He looked around again. GO wasn't here. He decided he kind of uncomfortable with GO constant disappearance. As if there was secret GO was keeping from him. Aigoo... Maybe he was overthinking.

Inhaling deeply, Mir trotted to the bathroom for refreshment and when he was out, his room was empty. His hyung and his mother was definitely awoke as well and sweet smell of pancake hit his nostril. Hmm... Yummy.

"Mir."

Mir turned around. He didn't need to hear his name since he sensed the chill even before the voice greeted him. But he didn't expect to see GO looking pale. Not that ghost pale with blood all over. Just pale. And when GO staggered forward, Mir react instinctively and dashed forward, supporting GO with his own body. As soon as his arms wrapped around GO's figure, Mir's teeth slightly clattered at the coldness.

"Hyung? What happened?" Mir asked concerned as he helped GO to his bed. 

"My head hurt. It's weird." GO said weakly and lied down on the bed. He let out soft breath when he felt Mir's warm hand  away his hair and massaging his temple and pressing the top of his head slightly. Warmth... He missed this living warmth. And Mir had willingly shared with him. Still... Why wasn't it feel enough? He wanted more of the warmth. So, GO scooted closer to Mir until his shoulder touched Mir's thigh. Warm... Living beings were so warm...

"How can a ghost fall sick?" Mir muttered, purely puzzled. "Better?" He asked again after a few minutes of giving massage. Mir knew he was good at it because he always did for his mother and sometimes for Rain if Rain in the mood of being clingy to him.

GO nodded. "Mireu." He called again, opening his closed eyes to look straight into the younger's deep brown orbs. "Eottoke? I think I killed someone."

Mir blinked. As those words slowly sank, his face showed nothing but bewilderment. What the hell GO was talking about? Was he joking? But the glistening tears in GO's eyes looked real. "Hyung? What did you remember?"

GO let out a long heavy breath. "I saw flashes of knife in my hand. Covered with blood. And a boy. I didn't see his face. It was blurry. But that boy was lying limp on the wet road. Blood was everywhere. I think..." GO swallowed as he felt his throat dry. "I think I killed him. Maybe."

Mir inched closer to GO and wiped away the cold tear that managed to rolled down his temple as GO was looking straight on the white ceiling.

"I have such a messed up life."

"GO hyung. You only saw the flashes. Not the whole event. There must be a reasonable explanation. Don't let it get to you until you have your full memories back and remember I'm here to help." Mir said tenderly.

GO nodded. He shifted a bit and dug his hand into his jacket before taking out his diary. He gave the book to Mir who accepted it with question in his eyes. "Help me."

Mir blinked. It took him a moment to understand that GO was allowing him to read the book. Maybe it would help him to help GO. Somehow.

"Mir." A deep strained voice resounded in the room and Mir turned his head to find Rain looking at him. Worries painted his face. "You're talking to yourself." He spoke out slowly as if he was afraid of something. But then the fear in his eyes turned horrific when those orbs fall unto the book in Mir's hand. "That book." His eyes flickered back to Mir who flinched and unconsciously gripped on the black notebook tighter. Now... How could he explained without being perceived as crazy talk? Mir sighed. Truth it is...

 

💞💞💞💞💞

 

Mir kept his eyes locked with Rain. He saw doubt there. He saw disbelief. He turned to look at GO who was still lying sick on the bed. If only GO was fine enough to at least lift a book or any other thing in the room to prove Mir's words...

"Hyung. Have you ever feel someone's presence in this house? Other than me and umma." Mir tried again.

The was a brief moment where Rain looked a bit startled and Mir missed that. Rain control his expression as he put his large hand on Mir's head. "Let's go to the clinic." He said sternly and ruffled Mir's black hair.

Surprisingly, those words somehow annoyed Mir more than he thought they would to the point that Mir slapped Rain's hand away rudely. "I'm not crazy. I know what I'm saying!" He seethed, narrowing his eyes.

Rain froze for a moment before he let out an exasperated sigh. "You're not starting this bull again." Rain warned, he casted his glare on Mir who flinched back but stood his ground.

"If you don't believe me then get out! I don't want to see your face!" Mir said, half-yelling.

"Mir!" Rain raised his voice to level with Mir. He grabbed Mir by his shoulder, shaking the small frame. "Listen to yourself! A ghost?" Rain scoffed. "There's no ghost! You're imagining thing. I know it was a bad thing letting you stop taking the meds." Rain released Mir only to grab Mir's wrist. Despite Mir's struggles, he dragged the small teenager behind him until they met their worried mother by the stairs.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

"It's happening again. I'm bringing him to the doctor." Rain said and stepped around their mother but halted when he felt strong tug from Mir. He turned around and saw their mother hugging Mir while Mir clinging with all he got on their mother, already on the verge of tears.

"Umma. Believe me. Please." The maknae pleaded.

"Mir! Stop this story of your imaginary friend will you?" Rain shouted. Dread silence followed just after. It had been forever since Rain showed such anger. "Are you trying to make me feel guilty?" This time, Rain's voice wavered. His breath caught in his throat as he let Mir's wrist go and his own hand dropped limp on his side.

"Hyung." Mir whispered, still not leaving their mother's embrace. He felt guilty seeing the state he had put Rain into. Again. Yes... Again. "I'm sorry..."

 

 

Muahaha. Mir and his family has secret...