5

Black Notebook

"Ya! You!" Mir sighed harshly when just right as he sat at his chair, Sanghyun immediately clung on him. But before Mir had a chance to push Sanghyun away, the taller boy made a small noise of surprise and pulled away with a pouty look.

"You don't feel cold anymore?" He stated, a bit questioning towards the end.

Mir rose his brows. Now that Sanghyun said that... Yea... He didn't feel the chill that he felt throught out the morning and at the infirmary. It was warm. In a normal way of course. "Yea. I don't." Mir agreed, nodding to himself thoughtfully.

Sanghyun pouted. "I lost my personal air conditioner." He mumbled.

Mir rolled his eyes and punched lightly on Sanghyun's shoulder. "I'm a human. Not a tool."

Sanghyun grinned. "Dongwoon told the teacher you're sick." He said, expecting any sort of reply.

"Yea. I feel better now."

Sanghyun nodded. "So... You're really sick. I have never heard someone giving out cool air around him kind of sickness. But I guess it does happen." Sanghyun shrugged and scribbled something in a piece of paper on the table.

Mir leaned closer to take a look when Sanghyun used his index finger to shove at Mir's forehead away playfully. "You're not as cold as this morning. It's hot. Don't sit too close."

Mir scoffed. It was his turn squeezing Sanghyun's waist with his arms. "Is this hot? Is this? Huh? You can't just handle my hotness, can you?" Mir teased with loud evil laugh and squeezed Sanghyun even tighter that the boy's fair complexion turned scarlet.

"Y-yah. C-can't breath..." Sanghyun croaked out in hardship.

"Serves you right." Mir laughed and released the other and Sanghyun just got back to his paper wordlessly.

Not even bothering for a revenge, Sanghyun was totally focusing on the paper. Mir watched carefully and only then realized they were music notes that he didn't really understand. He remembered Sanghyun said something about composing songs the first day they met. Not wanting to disturb his friend's eureka moment also for not having that much interest and knowledge in music, Mir simply took out his notes to revise when he heard his name being called by one of his classmate.

"Mr Jung asks for you at teacher's room, Mir." Seohyun, the top student, known well for her good manner conveyed the news.
Mir snorted innerly. Of course. Why would he even thought Rain would let this go so easily.

Seohyun looked at Mir inquiringly. "What did you do to the point that he even request you there?"

"Nothing bad." Mir said and closed his notebook. When Seohyun just made a face, Mir chuckled and patted her shoulder. "I assure you madam, I have been a good boy." Mir only left when Seohyun giggled slightly at his antics.

When Mir walked past Lizzy's and Nicole's table, those two turned to look up at him. "Mir. Need me to come with you?" Lizzy offered, worried and curious on the reason why Mr. Jung had asked for Mir. Mir was still new here and she was more than sure Mir hadn't break any rules or did anything to issue this.

"Don't worry. I got this." Mir said and waltzed out of the class. He sighed. Maybe he should have told the others that Rain was his brother. But he would pretty much enjoyed to see them finding out on their own accord. Imagine their face when they knew. Mir laughed to himself like a crazy person all the way to the teacher's room. "Mr Jung~" Mir sang-teased when he saw Rain was sitting at his table, revising stack of papers.

Rain turned his chair around and smiled to see how colors had filled Mir's cheeks again. Mir didn't look pale anymore and seemed like his normal silly self again. Rain cocked his brow to Mir. "Do you have something to tell me, Mir?" He inquired, acting like a teacher he was.

"I don't think so." Mir smirked back, making sure Rain knew he won't easily give in and spill everything.

"Since when do you keep secret from me?"

"Since four years ago." Mir regretted what he said as the smile on Rain's face faltered and his features darkened. He had said that without thinking. He swore he didn't mean to hurt Rain with his thoughtless remark.

Four years ago was when Rain started his teaching career in Seoul and could only come back to visit Mir and their umma in Jansung for a few times a year. Even then, he didn't stay for long.

Those four years, they had been separated by distance. Until this year, finally, Rain was stable enough, thanks for him owning a small acessories stores to strengthen their family financial other than his teaching career to bring the only family he had to live together with him in Seoul.

"You know I was just kidding." Mir quickly corrected. His eyes drifted away shamely and he kicked his left leg slightly against the floor.

Rain smiled. His dongsaeng never changed. Whenever Mir was feeling shy or guilty, he would wore off his shoe by kicking on something lightly. The wall. The floor. Any random tree. One time, Mir even kicked their umma's foot, causing their mother to shriek for having her newly painted toe nail spoiled by Mir's kicking.

Extending his own leg, Rain stepped lightly on Mir's shoe to stop his brother. "I'll forgive you if you tell me." He said once Mir looked up to meet his eyes.

"I'll tell you when I'm ready." Mir paused slightly. "If I ever." Guilt was one thing. This... Seeing hallucination was another. He still won't tell.

Rain sighed. His brother's stubbornness hadn't change as well.

"Fine. You can go." Rain gave in.

"Don't pout." Mir cooed quietly so the other teachers won't hear him. He showed his aegyo with his large chestnut colored eyes to Rain who melt immediately.

"Shut up. I'm not." Rain turned away from his brother and grumbled about how not fair that Mir keep using this on him and that one day when they were getting old, he wanted to see if Mir still would use the same trick. Mir just chuckled and would have hugged Rain if he wasn't thinking of the place they were at now and just excused himself.

 

💞💞💞💞💞

 

Waving with a smile on his face from the window of their now empty classroom, Mir turned around when he was sure Sanghyun, Nicole and Lizzy had left through the gate. They seemed a bit disappointed when Mir didn't want to join them going to a newly opened arcade today. Mir only gave an excuse on how Rain had asked him to stay behind and to help with some papers hence why he was requested before. He was proud of his quick wit on creating such excuse by manipulating situation around him.

Mir shivered slightly. The night sky had veiled down and somehow around the time where the sun was setting, Mir was feeling cold again. But he didn't see anything this time. Just that cold feeling and that unsettling feeling in the pit of his stomach as if someone was watching him. Closely.

Mir sighed and put back all his notes and books into his backpack. Fastening the strap on his right shoulder, Mir waltzed out of the empty classroom. He peered down the empty hallway. It seemed that all the students had went home so he quickened his steps towards the front gate. Looking around him, he nodded to himself and snatched the black notebook from the ground without thinking. He was tired of thinking after all. The feeling of being watched intensified. His back tingled.

Bracing himself for yet another horrifying view, Mir inhaled deeply and his heels in quick motion. Delaying would just make the fear in his chest worsened.

Wait... Nothing? Mir crooned his head even more, his brown orbs traveled everywhere. No blood? No boy that was as pale as the death himself? Mir stood there, dumbfounded for a few minutes more before he tilted his head to the side slightly.

Really... Nothing?

Shrugging, Mir slowly left the place and headed to the teacher's room, along the way, he still looked behind once in a while when he felt chill running down his spine. Yet, still nothing.

Mir hid the book safely in his backpack and proceeded to pull a chair and sat himself next to Rain. He took half of the papers stacking on the table and started working on them wordlessly. He had been used to helping Rain sorting out through the paperworks so he had it easy.

Mir was focusing on the papers when he felt something warm and fluffy around him. "You're still cold." Rain commented with deep frown as he sat back in his chair after wrapping Mir in his own sweater.

"Maybe I'm just a bit under the weather." Mir answered simply. In his mind, the story about the book had been proven to be lies. He touched the book. He even had it in his bag yet nothing appear. He guess what he saw and heard before, the bloodied boy, the whispering voices, were all the effect after listening to all the stories Sanghyun, Lizzy and Nicole had oh-so-kindly shared with him. He was lead on by all those ridiculous story causing his imagination to run wild.

"Should we go home now?" Rain was ready to pack his things. He could always do his work at home. When Mir gave a small nod, he quickly put all the needed things into his sling back before offering his hand for Mir to hold.

Mir scowled. "Hyung. I'm sixteen." He stated dryly.

Rain chuckled and ruffled Mir's hair. "And I'm twenty-five. And do I care? No." He said and grabbed Mir's hand and pulled his dongsaeng with him, ignoring Mir loud complaining. But he was a bit worried when he felt how cold Mir's hand felt. What kind of disease that made a person felt icy cold, in a summer even... He'd ought to take Mir to the hospital the next day if Mir still this cold.

 

*I just kept adding random characters as cameo*

Seohyun = SNSD

Dongwoon = B2ST