1

Black Notebook

"Anyeonghaseyo. My name is Bang Cheolyong but you guys can call me Mir." Mir introduced himself with a bright smile after bowing ninety degree in front of the whole class. He turned towards his teacher to give him a look saying he had done his introduction and needed to know where should he sit at but the teacher was looking at him inquiringly which made him a bit awkward. "Err... Ma'am. Where is my seat?"

"What? Is that all your intro?" She asked, looking kind of disappointed.

Mir hesitated. What else should he say in his introduction? His brown orbs traveled around the room. All of the students, girls and boys alike had the same look like the teacher. What now? Did he have to recite his full biodata or something? Clearing his throat, he continued. "Well... I came from Jansung " He started slowly and looked back to his teacher.

"Go on."

"I have one older brother." Mir continued one by one with a sheepish grin.

The girls in the class started cheering and whistling, the teacher didn't even try to stop them and just laughed quietly by Mir's side. Mir just smile at their reaction. If only they knew who Mir's older brother is...

"Is he good looking?" One of the students asked, clearly showing her excitement. Mir hadn't had the chance to answer when another student, this time also a girl, answered for the first girl.

"He must be. Look at Mir. So cute. His hyung must be as cute as him too." The girl said and winked at Mir. The whole classes, boys and girls once again cheered loudly, some even shouted for the girl and Mir to kiss. Blame the hormone. They were still teens after all.

Mir chuckled. He liked this class already.

"Ya! Lizzy! Stop flirting!" The girl sitting beside the one talking just now complained and elbowed this Lizzy girl in her ribs and they ended up laughing together which also made Mir joined in their laugh.

"Okay kids. You guys are going to scare him." The teacher clapped her hand to calm the students down. "Mir, you can sit there." The teacher pointed to an empty table at the window with a boy sitting straight next to it, looking absent-mindedly to the front.

Now that Mir thought about it, that was the only student who hadn't shown any interest in him. And the teacher just had to put him next to the only boy who seemed not to like him. Ani... What was even the reason for not liking him? Like Lizzy said, he was cute. Right?

Shrugging, Mir just took his place next to the boy and glanced a few times at the boy but the boy completely ignored him. As if he was invisible. He almost believed he was invisible himself.

Β 

πŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž

Β 

Once the homeroom teacher was out of the class, a few students gathered around Mir's table and the boy next to him. They started asking Mir questions which sometimes Mir didn't even get a chance to answer before another question came from another students. But he really liked it here.

"Yah! Yah! Yah! Make way. We have PE after this. Stop disturbing the poor puppy." Lizzy's voice boomed and the students stepped aside to make way for Lizzy.

Mir didn't say anything at the nickname Lizzy had given him. Well, mostly because almost everyone he knew told him he looked like a puppy and he never bother to get angry for such thing anymore. Plus, puppy is cute. So, that meant he's cute.

Lizzy winked and smiled at Mir before she picked up the book from the next table and dumped it harshly in front of the boy sitting next to Mir. The loud sound made Mir cringed and the boy next to him jolted in his seat, falling backwards onto the floor unceremoniously, bringing the chair with him. "Stop day dreaming!" Lizzy told the confused boy on the floor as the whole class laughed at the scene.

Mir tried not to laugh. Really tried... But the look on the boy's face just caused slight smile crept up to Mir's lips. Well, at least he didn't exactly laughed out loud like the others. Oh yeah... Obviously, this was just a joke between friends. Not a bullying.

"Come on, dude." Mir held out his own hand to the now grumbling boy on the floor. The boy looked up at Mir. Frown replaced his sleepy face but he still took Mir's hand to stand up.

Lizzy walked around the table and fixed up the fallen chair before she stood in between Mir and the boy. She clasped her hands on both Mir's and the boy's shoulder.

"This weird kid over here is Sanghyun. And don't be surprised when I say he wouldn't know who you are, Mir, because for the whole time you're introducing yourself, this Sanghyun here had been totally in his own fantasy land." Lizzy explained.

Mir chuckled. Now that made everything clearer. Like he said before, there was no reason to not like him.

"Oh. So you're the new boy. Sorry. I have been composing song in my head." Sanghyun grinned and shook Mir's hand that he was still holding on.

"Cool." Mir replied, smiling even wider, blinding everyone with his sunshine smile.

"So you're going to be my new partner in PE and English." Sanghyun informed.

"Partner?"

Sanghyun nodded. "Yup. Our teacher arranged the desks like this for that reason. I haven't had any partner for the whole half sem. Glad you're finally here. You can't even imagine me having to do ritual sit up and many other stuff with our PE teacher, Mr Jung. He's freaking the hulk! Now speaking of PE..." He trailed off and looked around.

Mir followed Sanghyun's move and only then realized they were already left alone in the class. Even Lizzy had disappeared at some point.

"Damn it!" Sanghyun cussed. Still not releasing Mir's hand, he dragged Mir behind him. "We're late." And the duo ran through the corridor. Mir didn't even get a chance to apologize to a male student, a third year it seemed based on the name badge which read Seungho/3, as Sanghyun just tugged him around harshly.

Β 

πŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž

Β 

"First day and already got yourself into trouble?" Lizzy whispered with a teasing smirk as she looked down at Sanghyun and Mir who had to do push up a hundred time while she was stretching together with her partner leisurely, which Mir now know as Nicole. Nicole just giggled at Lizzy's remark.

"Aigoo~" Mir made a sound like an old man as he collapsed after the thirty-th push up. He was flat on the floor of the school gym like a brand new carpet.

Sanghyun laughed and kept doing the push up easily, he even freaking clapped his hands while doing that. "Why are you so weak?"

"I'm not weak. I'm just a bit lack of stamina." Mir mumbled a replyΒ between his heavy breath as he rolled over to lie on his back and massaged his arms.

"Is there even any difference?" Nicole asked cutely.

"Yeah. As different as a pair of twins in the same womb." Sanghyun replied wittily and just snickered when Nicole just blinked cutely. Sometimes that girl was too naive.

"Hey, Mr Jung is looking." Lizzy subtly kicked on Mir's side but it was too late, Mr Jung already waltzed towards them with a straight face.

"Damn..." Mir hissed under his breath and hid a smile. Actually, there was something his new friends still didn't know about him. It was that, he wasn't even a little bit scared of this Mr Jung. Why? Because he had been used to his nagging and scolding at home. Yes, at home. Mr Jung is his older brother. Or as he liked to call, Rain hyung and if he was in a particular mood, right out Jihoon. And he knew exactly what was his hyung's weakness.

"Who told you to stop?" Mr Jung- Well... Rain asked sternly once he stood just next to Mir who was already back in his push up position. His sharp features tensed.

Mir wouldn't even believe they were brothers. They look too different. People said he looked softer and more delicate than Rain yet in reality, he was the harsh one and Rain was just one big muscly softie. They were like, total opposite of each other. He was a bit surprised though, knowing Rain was feared in this school for his strictness. That was actually kind of funny. Rain? Scary? Yeah, of course. As scary as a little poodle.

Hell, they were too different to the point that Mir even once asked his mother in Jansung if he was actually adopted which earned him a harsh smack on the back of his head from his mother and he continued with asking if Rain was adopted, and he earned another, even harsher smack, that time from Rain instead. He never asked again.

"Sorry Mr Jung. It's just that my arms hurt." Mir mumbled and looked up to Rain with a big glassy puppy eyes that he knew Rain could never resist, he even added the impact with little pout on his lips, looking like he was about to cry. He smirked innerly seeing the conflicted look on his older brother's face.

Mir's and Rain's brothership sure was a bit different than normal brother. But that maybe because their father died even before Mir was born and Rain was the father figure and he adored Mir so much, more as a son than a brother. Plus, Mir was naturally clingy to everyone, Rain in particular. Clingy puppy was too adorable.

Rain cleared his throat and looked away. "How many have you two done?"

"I've done thirty." Mir piped up.

"Seventy-two." Sanghyun added.

"Well, then, you've got more than a hundred already. Go ahead and joined the other stretching." Rain then walked away but not after glaring at Mir for using that trick again on him. He knew he was being biased. But, blamed that little puppy for showing such face.

Mir grinned to himself and stood up, pulling Sanghyun with him and started their stretching, still at the same spot beside Lizzy and Nicole.

Lizzy leaned closer to Mir with curious look. Mir already know what was the question would be. "Hey, puppy. How did you do that?"

"I just made a face like this." And Mir contorted his face into a comedic one with his eyes crossed, his nose flaring and his lips jutted out.

Lizzy made a sound of disgust, Nicole squeaked and then giggled while Sanghyun just out loud laugh his unique laugh. "Yah! Stop that!" Lizzy warned when Mir purposely leaned closer to Lizzy with same look on his face all the while, Nicole was squealing and tried to hide behind Lizzy.

Mir only pulled away when he heard Rain's warning and just grinned at Rain who rolled his eyes in return. This school was fun.