Easter Surprise (BTS's Jimin x Laura)

Collection of Kpop One Shots (Request open!)

"Ok. That should do it," Jimin said, placing a shiny oval object on the ground. He looked around to check that everything was alright before turning to face his fellow BTS members.

"I hope everything will go well," he said, biting his lips. It wasn't that he was worried about his girlfriend's response to what he had prepared for her -- he was confident that she would be happy with it and would respond favourably, after all. It was just that a tiny part of him was worried that he would screw it up.

"Don't worry. I'm sure it will," Rap Monster assured him, patting his shoulder comfortingly. Jimin gave him a grateful smile which remained on his face as he looked at the other members one by one. Now all they had to do was to wait for tomorrow and hope for the best.

                                                                                     xxx xxx

The next day, Laura woke up to see an envelope addressed to her on the bedside table. Rubbing her eyes, she took the letter. She then opened it. Inside was a photo of something transparent. Laura tilted her head in puzzlement, still feeling groggy (but not as much as before). Why did someone send her this photo? How weird... She turned the photo over, hoping to find some sort of a clue. And a clue she did find. Written in familiar handwriting on the back of the photo was a note. Laura read it.

"Morning, sunshine! <3 I'm sure you're surprised and confused to receive a photo without so much as an explanation. It is one of the clues leading to a very special surprise I have prepared for you. :) Good luck and have fun! xoxo"

The corner of Laura's lips lifted upwards into a grin, the fog of sleepiness now completely cleared from her mind. A scavenger hunt, huh? How exciting! And now that she knew what was going on and she was wide awake, she knew just where to go based on the clue given to her. She quickly got ready for the day before heading to the living room.

At the living room, Laura stood before a heart-shaped crystal statue that sat inside a display cabinet. She smiled. The photo might only show part of the statue but she could still recognise it. After all, it was a gift given to her by Jimin for their 1 year anniversary and she really cherished it. It was proof how far she and her boyfriend had come. She opened the display cabinet and lifted the crystal statue to reveal another envelope. B with excitement, she opened the envelope to reveal another note.

"Congrats, dear! I knew you can do it! :D A much-deserved (and needed) breakfast awaits you at the dining room, as well as the second clue. Enjoy! xoxo"

As always, her boyfriend was really sweet and thoughtful. Laura couldn't help beaming to herself at that thought. With a skip in her steps, she did as the note told her to.

After a delectable breakfast made with love, Laura took the third envelope laying beside her breakfast and opened it. As Jimin had said in his previous note, the second clue was inside it.

"Owferl dbe"

Huh? What did those words mean? Laura scratched her head, puzzled. She tried rewriting the words forward, replace each letter with the one after and the one before but they didn't work. She frowned. If those methods didn't work, what else could she do? She tapped her chin thoughtfully for a moment before an idea popped into her head. She rearranged the words and got her answer. With a satisfied smile, she headed to the flower bed outside where as she had predicted, the third clue was hidden. She picked it up and opened it. Once again, there was a note inside.

"Well done, love! 2 down, 1 more to go! That's right. This is the final clue leading to the surprise. I look forward to seeing you and I hope you look forward to it! xoxo."

Finally! The last clue! Grinning, Laura continued reading the note to see the numbers "86337 843 8733" and the words "Hint: The object that you can use to call someone will aid you in deciphering this code." Laura's grin widened. She knew just what to do. She whipped out her phone and searched for a photo of an older model of a handphone. She then used a letter that coincided with each number to form the phrase "Under the tree". And that was where she headed to. 

When Laura reached near the tree, the first thing that caught her eye was the sparkles on the ground. Curiously, she picked the object up which turned out to be a golden egg.

"Wow. It looks so pretty," Laura remarked to herself, her eyes sparkling just like the egg.

"You've found the prize, love. Well done," a warm, familiar voice said just then. Laura spun around to see a smiling Jimin. She mirrored his smile.

"Thank you," she replied. "So what's inside it?" She gazed at him curiously.

"Open it up and you'll see," Jimin answered, the smile never leaving his face. "I believe this will be better than chocolate." Nodding excitedly, Laura opened the egg. Her eyes widened upon looking at what was inside. 

"This is -- " she gasped. Before she could finish her sentence, Jimin got down on one knee.

"Laura, thank you for being with me for the past 3 years. You've made me the happiest and luckiest man alive. I would like to make you feel that way as well. So will you marry me?" he proposed. The corners of Laura's eyes brimmed with tears and she nodded.

"Y...yes," she agreed with a shaky smile. A bright smile touched the corners of Jimin's mouth. He enveloped Laura in a tight, warm embrace.

"Thank you, Laura," he whispered, planting a soft kiss on her hair. Laura shook her head, still smiling as she accepted the hug.

Their loving moment was interrupted by cheers. All in familiar voices, in fact. Laura broke away from the hug and saw the other members, all looking just as happy as the couple and holding cameras.

"Congrats, you two," Jin beamed warmly. The others, too, sincerely congratulated the newly-engaged couple. 

"Thanks, everyone," Laura smiled. "So you guys were filming all this while?"

"Yup! And we got really good footages," V grinned. The BTS members aside from Jimin showed her and Jimin the footages.

"Wow. To be honest, I still can't believe all that happened," Laura remarked, looking at the footages with a soft look in her eyes.

"Well, you better believe it," Jimin smiled, pecking her cheek. Laura returned his smile. She really looked forward to spending the rest of her life with the man she loved by her side.

 


Requested by: ParkJimins_TinyWifey. Sorry that this took so long!