Taking care of a sick child (VIXX's N x VIXX's Leo (aka Neo))

Collection of Kpop One Shots (Request open!)

"Doctor, my son's temperature has been running really high since last night," N told the doctor worriedly. His lover, Leo was right beside him, his face filled with anxiety as well. The doctor reassured the couple that their son, Sanghyuk, just needed to take his medicine and get plenty of rest and his fever would be brought down. Thanking the doctor, they went to waiting room outside. 

​​​"Poor Sanghyuk..." Leo frowned worriedly as he looked at Sanghyuk who was craddled in N's arms whining softly. N held his son closer to him

"Don't worry, sweetie. Your mum's here for you," N pacified him. It really pained the couple see the usually bubbly and energetic three-year-old like this.

"Cha Sanghyuk," the lady at the counter said just then. N and Leo got up from their seats immediately and went there. The lady explained to the couple the number of dosage Sanghyuk had to take. After the explanation, the two of them paid for the medicine and thanked the lady before heading back home. They spent the day looking after their son and showering him with love. They ensured that the food he took wasn't too greasy, cuddled him and whatnot. All was well until it was time to give Sanghyuk his medicine.

"Be a good boy, Sanghyuk, and take your medicine," N coaxed his son for the tenth time that day.

"Don't want!" Sanghyuk wailed and tried to swat the medicine away from N's hand but to no avail. N turned to Leo and sighed.

"What are we to do, dear? Hyukkie's refusing to have his medicine," he said.

"Let me try, maybe he would drink the medicine if I feed him," Leo suggested. Nodding, N handed the spoon with the medicine in it to Leo.

"Open your mouth and say "ah"," Leo cooed, bringing the spoon to his son's mouth.

"I. Don't. Want!" Sanghyuk yelled. Leo managed to get the spoon away just as the 3-year-old boy was about to smack the spoon out of his hand. He tried again but Sanghyuk still refused. He kept doing this until about the eighth try, Leo was starting to lose his patience. He was about to lash out at his son when N stopped him.

"Now, now, dear. Don't vent your frustrations on our son. He's only a toddler," N soothed his lover. Leo calmed himself down before a soft sigh escaped his lips.

"This is harder than I thought," he remarked, shaking his head. N hummed in agreement and nodded. Leo his chin and frowned as he came up with a way to get Sanghyuk to take his medicine. 

"I think I know a way to get Hyuk to drink his medicine," he said after a while. N looked at him eagerly, his eyes shining. 

​​​​​"What is it?" he asked. 

"We can maybe try to make him laugh," Leo suggested. 

​​"That sounds like a great idea! Let's give it a try!" N nodded enthusiastically. And so they began their attempts to make Sanghyuk laugh, from making silly faces to blowing bubbles. Unfortunately, their attempts were futile.

​​​"This... ain't... working," Leo panted. N nodded as he panted as well. 

​​​​​​Just then, an idea struck him. He gave Leo a sly smile. Leo's eyes widened at the look that his lover gave him.

​​​​​​"Wh...what are you thinking?" he stammered, having a bad feeling about this.

​​​​"Why don't you do a funny girl group dance? That would make him laugh!" N grinned mischievously.

"B...but why me?" Leo whined.

"Everyone knows that your speciality is in dance and how hilarious you can be when you dance goofily," N grinned. Leo sighed for the second time that day. N was right. He was actually pretty good at dancing if he did say so himself. Besides, it would be worth it if he could get Sanghyuk to have the medicine, not matter the amount of shame it would bring. Taking a deep breath, he began dancing to various girl group songs such as IOI's "Pick Me", Twice's "Cheer Up" and APink's "Only one", making sure to dance as horribly as possible so that it would be funny.  

Sure enough, the toddler chortled while clapping his hands happily. N took this opportunity to quickly shove the spoon into Sanghyuk's mouth. Sanghyuk's face scrunched up as he processed the taste of the medicine before gulping it down. He then coughed a little, disgusted by the taste. His actions caused his parents to laughed. As much as they felt bad about it, it was for his good and it was a funny sight to see.

"Yes! We did it!" N cheered, gently picking up his son and patting his back. Leo's lips curled into a broad smile as he nodded. 

After a while, soft snores could be heard. The couple turned to see Sanghyuk with his eyes closed, sleeping peacefully.

"He sure falls asleep fast," N whispered, the toddler's soft hair. Leo nodded and went to give his son a little pat on the head. 

"I will go get an ice pack while you bring Sanghyuk to our room," Leo said to which N complied.

Not long after Sanghyuk was placed in his cot, Leo came back with the ice pack. He carefully put it on Sanghyuk's forehead.

"What a cutie," N cooed, staring at Sanghyuk's sleeping figure.

"Indeed," Leo agreed, wrapping his arms around N. N blushed a little and looked at Leo, smiling softly.

"With the medicine and rest, our Hyukkie should get better soon, as what the doctor had said," Leo said.

"I certainly hope so," N nodded. And so they stayed that way as they watched over their beloved son.

 

 


Requested by: JelahWon. Hope you like it! ^-^

​​​​