Heart problems (BTS's Jungkook x You) |Author's note at the end! ^-^

Collection of Kpop One Shots (Request open!)

"What's taking Laura so long?" Jungkook asked, pacing about anxiously. He and the other BTS members were outside the waiting room in the hospital, waiting for you to come out with your medical test results. They were especially worried for you had been really pale and weak recently. You see, you had two holes in your heart -- one of the symptoms of 22q deletion syndrome, a rare disorder. 

​​​​"Yeah," Jimin agreed, biting his lips and fiddling with his fingers. 

"Why do you look as anxious as Jungkook, if not more?" Rap Monster asked, tilting his head in puzzlement.

"Err... just because," Jimin stuttered, blushing a little.

After a while, you came out from the consultation room, trembling. Your face looked even more pale than usual and your eyes were wide. You wobbled a little as you made your way to the BTS members.

"What happened?" Jin asked, concerned.

"M...my heart surgeon told me that one of the valves in my heart is leaking. He said... that I have to undergo open heart surgery to replace it," you replied, your voice barely above a whisper. "Also, they want to run tests on me."

As soon as those words left your mouth, the boys gasped. Jimin put an arm around you.

"Don't worry. It will be go smoothly," he assured you. You nodded and gave him a small smile. 

"Thanks, Jimin," you said softly, causing him to go red. He then released his hand from your shoulder.

​​​​​"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god," Jungkook mumbled repeatedly. He took a deep breath to calm himself down before holding both of your hands and looking deep into your eyes.

​​​"Make sure you follow the doctor's instruction during the tests and all, alright? And take whatever necessary medication on time, ok? I will be there to go through all these with you," he said in a serious and slightly shaky voice. Touched by his words, you squeezed his hands back and kissed him on the cheek. 

"Thank you," you beamed at him sweetly. Your boyfriend smiled back at you and gave you a hug. A warm feeling coursed over you as you received the hug. 

Over the next few weeks, you went for the tests which fortunately wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. Every once a while, Jungkook and the rest of BTS came by, even though not as often as Jungkook would like to. 

​​​​"I'm so sorry, dear," Jungkook apologised during one of the tests.

​​​"It's alright. You have been really busy now these days," you smiled at him softly, holding on to one of his hands.  Jungkook shook his head. 

​​"Still that's no excuse," he answered. 

​​"Don't need to blame yourself. You tried to visit as often as you could and that's all that matters," you said, squeezing his hand. The corner of Jungkook's lips curled into a gentle smile and he gave you a peck on the cheek.

​​​​"Why do I have such a sweet girlfriend?" he cooed, poking your nose. Your cheeks flushed at his tender words. You then leaned onto his shoulder and snuggled against it. Jungkook chuckled and gently your hair. You sighed in contentment, enjoying the .

​​​​Just then, a doctor came over. 

​​​"Miss Lu, you will have to wear a heart monitor for two days in a few days' time. Rest assured that it will be fine and will not hurt her too much. Those who visit you just need to be a little more careful," he said. 

"Ok, doctor. I will inform our friends and her family when they visit her," Jungkook nodded. 

So during the next two days, Jungkook and the others were extra careful around you so that they wouldn't accidentally cause pain to you. They carefully lifted you up, were cautious when they came into contact with you, you named it. 

When the two days are up, it was time to remove the stickers attached to your chest. 

"Doctor, let me do it," Jungkook offered.

"No. The professionals should do it," the doctor shook his head firmly. He and a few nurses then carefully removed the stickers. A soft cry escaped from your lips and you clenched your teeth, bearing with the pain. Jungkook found himself quivering in agitation. His heart broke to see you like this but all he could do was to helplessly watch.

Finally, after a while, the stickers were removed.

"You alright?" Jungkook asked, concern in his voice. You nodded and smiled, reassuring him that you were alright. Jungkook heaved a sigh of relief, glad that you were ok.

Later that night, you and Jungkook were curled up in the couch with the velvety blanket providing the two of you warmth. Your body was against his and your eyes were glued to the television which was playing "Spongebob Squarepants", just as Jungkook's eyes were.

Halfway through the show, Jungkook's felt his eyes drooping. Before he knew it, he fell into a slumber. 

"Eh? What am I doing here?" Jungkook wondered, looking around the almost empty waiting room. Wasn't he with you watching "Spongebob Squarepants"? 

"What's going on?" he said to himself.

Just then, a surgeon came out of a room.

"We're sorry to inform you that the surgery was unsuccessful. Laura has developed complications and is now in a more critical condition," the surgeon informed him.

"W...what? You just joking, right?" Jungkook stammered. He then grabbed the surgeon by the shoulder and shook him. "Please tell me it isn't true!"

"Once again, we're really sorry," the surgeon apologised, getting away from Jungkook. Jungkook watched as the back of the surgeon got smaller and smaller before sinking to his knees.

"No!" he screamed, tears streaming down his face.

"Wake up, Jungkook!" a familiar voice called out, arousing him from his sleep. He opening his eyes to see a worried-looking you staring back at him.

"Are you alright? You were tossing and turning about in your sleep," you asked in concern. Overwhelmed with emotions, Jungkook threw his arms around you, catching you by surprise. Tears were flowing down his cheeks like a waterfall.

"You are fine. Thank goodness!" he exclaimed.

"Huh?" you asked, puzzlement crossing over you pretty face.

"It's nothing," your boyfriend replied, suddenly feeling a little silly for taking a dream so seriously. He then broke away from the hug.

"Shall I prepare scrambled eggs with pancake for breakfast? You must be hungry," he said softly. You nodded eagerly.

"Yes, please! Thank you!" you beamed at him brightly. Smiling back, he went to cook breakfast for the two of you, glad to you have you by his side. It would be something he would never take for granted.

 

 


Requested by: Taemins_LittleNoona. Hope you like it! ^-^

A/N: Hey guys! I'm back! I have been working on my other fics so I closed requests for a while. But since I miss writing one shots, I decided to reopen it! I will try to update regularly but I can't promise that I will do that as I still am working on the fics. Thank you for your support! ^-^