Things I should have done (EXO's Sehun x You)

Collection of Kpop One Shots (Request open!)

You looked at Sehun, tears streaming down your face.

"Why? I thought we are happy together," you sobbed. Sehun looked down at the ground, moving his right foot left and right as he did so.
"Just because. I'm sorry," he mumbled. You turned around and walked away, the tears still glistening on your face. With a heavy heart, Sehun watched as your back seemed to get smaller and smaller until it was no longer in sight. 

I'm so sorry, Becky... 

A few years later...

Sehun walked on the streets, looking around. He was meeting up with some friends later but since there was still time before the meeting, he decided to just, well, walk around.

Just then, he spotted a familiar figure and did a double take. It was you, looking even more beautiful than ever. You now had a new look, having a different hair style and wearing new clothing. Sehun was about to approach you but hesistated. Would you be happy to see him again? After all, he had hurt you when he broke up with you. But after a moment's hesistation, he finally decided to just walk to you. Taking a deep breath, he headed towards you.

"Hey, Becky," he said. You turned around at his voice and looked at him with your mouth agape when you saw who the person was.

"Sehun?" you gasped. He nodded. Grinning brightly, you embraced him. Sehun smiled as he returned your embrace which he had missed since the break-up.

"How have you been?" you asked, backing off a little. 

"I'm fine. You?" Sehun smiled.

"Could never been better," you grinned.

"It has been a while, hasn't it?" Sehun said. You nodded.

"It sure has," you answered. Sehun looked around.

"Do you remember? This was where we first met and had our first date," he said, smiling at the thought. 

"Of course I do. How could not remember the time when someone got ice-cream on his face?" you chuckled.

"Yah! Says so the one who bumped into me and cause that to happen!" Sehun huffed, folding his arms. You giggled at his reaction. And that was how the two of you began talking about the old times, from the time the two of you went to the prom to the time when the two the you had fun on the beach. Throughout the conversation, Sehun kept staring at you. How he longed to be with you like this again. Ever since the breakup, he had felt depressed and lived life like a zombie, not really eating or going out much. If it weren't for his family and friends comforting him and persuading him to join them in their activities, he wouldn't have been able to cope with it. And now that he saw you again, joy and the hope of being with you together again reignited in his heart once more. He paused for a moment beofre clearing his throat.

"Becky, I have something to tell you," he said.

"What is it?" you asked.

"I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have broke up you. Can we -- " he began.

Just then, a handsome male came right up to them. He was very tall, with neat, dark hair and large black eyes. He was wearing a black shirt, brown pants and black shoes. 

"Sorry that I'm late. Something crop up at work," the male apologised.

"It's alright, Bogum," you beamed at the male. Bogum was about to reply to you when he noticed Sehun.

"Who's that, Becky?" he asked.

"Oh, right. You've yet to meet each other yet. Bogum, this is Sehun, my ex-boyfriend. Sehun, this is Bogum, my endearing husband," you introduced them to each other. Sehun felt his entire world fell about hearing you words. So you were married already... He was too late...

"I should have held her back and apologised when the breakup happened. Tell her how much I love her and promised her not to upset her like that again as I hug her. Why didn't I?" he scolded himself, feeling tears b at the corner of his eyes. But he hastily wiped the tears off and forced himself to smile.

"Anyway, so what were you trying to tell me?" you asked, smiling sweetly.

"Er... nothing," Sehun replied. He then turned to look at Bogum.

"It's nice to meet you, Bogum," Sehun smiled, shaking Bogum's hand.

"Nice to meet you too. Becky has told me quite a lot about you," Bogum grinned.

"Becky and I are going to have our lunch later. Would you like to join us?" he continued.

"No, thanks. You guys can have lunch by yourselves," Sehun replied, shaking his head.

"Oh. Ok then," Bogum nodded. Your husband then looked at you.

"So let's go then?" he said. You nodded your head happily. After exchanging contactnumbers, the three of you then bid each other farewell before going on your seperate ways. It was when you and Bogum were out sight did tears start to flow down Sehun's face.

I shouldn't have brroken up with you in the first place. But at least you're happy. Please continue to be that way, Becky," he thought, smiling through his tears.

 

 


Requested by: exoticshawol101. This is my second time writing angst so hope you like it! ^^