Separation

Fate To Love You

At the Seoul tower, Nichkhun and Yuri enjoy their dinner with the view of the city at night. Smiling and talking, they seat on the same table, until Yuri receive a call from Seung ri mom. Nichkhun see it and stop her from grabbing her phone.

“Don’t answer.” Nichkhun said unhappily.

“I have too.” said Yuri. “It can be important.”

“Don’t answer.” Nichkhun beg her, “Can you just ignore it?” he ask.

“Oppa, can you not be ridiculous. I have to answer Seung ri oppa call.” Yuri insist.

“Why do you want to answer it so much? Why do you have to call him oppa too?” Nichkhun jealously said.

“What’s the matter with you?” Yuri said. “He’s my friend, he have always help since I was a little kid, of course I call him oppa (in a big brother way).”

“I just don’t want you just answer his call on our date.” said Nichkhun unhappily. “And you can’t just go around the city calling him oppa this and that. I’m your husband, it will bring rumors to me.”

Yuri froze by his words, her phone stop for a little bit and then ring again. Yuri took a look at it, she reach for it.

“If your reputation means that much to you……..than you can divorce me if people think different of me.” said Yuri.

Nichkhun hurt by her words, not understanding his jealous and continue to misunderstand Yuri and Seung ri. Nichkhun sit back down on his chair hopelessly.

Yuri answer her phone, “Seung ri oppa.” she said.

“Yuri, Seung ri is arrested. He is frame to murder a man.” Seung ri mom said shakenly.

“Seung ri oppa? Auntie, how did it happen?” Yuri voice frighten.

Nichkhun froze as he heard Seung ri come out of .

“My son is arrested, I need your help Yuri. I need you to talk to him and convince to tell the truth.” Seung ri mom said.

“I’ll be there auntie.” said Yuri.

Yuri hang up the phone and grab her bag.

“you’re leaving for him.” Nichkhun said hopelessly as he look at her sadly. “Is he really that important to you?”

“I’m sorry oppa, but Seung ri oppa is also part of my life. I have to go.” Yuri give him a confirm answer.

Nichkhun watch her leave from his seat, he jealously grip his fist tightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At Andong Village, Yuri got out of the taxi after she paid the person. She quickly run into the police station, she sees auntie talking to Seung ri really loud. Yuri run to them, and concern looks at them from her.

“Seung ri oppa, what happen?” Yuri ask.

Seung ri surprisingly look at her, “What are you doing here?” He ask her, then he look at his mom, “Omma, you call her. Aishi I told you not to let Yuri know.”

“Seung ri oppa, you can’t just not tell me anything. I’m your friend and you are like my big brother.” said Yuri angrily. “I tell you everything and so you have to tell me everything.” She tries to calm down, “What happen oppa? Why did aunty say you murder and got arrested?” she ask him.

“If I murder that man then I wouldn’t be here. Yuri, you know me. I wouldn’t do it unless there’s a reason.” Seung ri said.

“Then what is the reason?” Yuri said.

“It was an accident, that man trip and kill himself.” Seung ri said, “I don’t need to tell you the reason.” he said coldly.

“Aishiiii, how can you say that to Yuri.” Seung ri mom said “Yuri ah, he wouldn’t say anything to the police and yet he insist that he’s innocent.” she look at her as she speaks.

“Omma, I am innocent. I didn’t kill him.” Seung ri said.

“Oppa, now is not the time to keep a secret. If you want me and aunty to be happy and not worry then you have to tell us, tell the police the reason why you are innocent.” Yuri convincing him.

Seung ri scratch his head stressfully, “Aishi, Yuri ah…..omma.” he said.

They glare at him.

“Fine fine, that person that died at the warehouse was a gang leader.” Seung ri said “I spot him harassing the girl that I had save many time. She is just a student, senior year in high school. Her name is Uee. She was being use by him, seeing her getting beat by him, I charge into the small abandon trailer and start beating him.”

“Where is she?” Yuri ask.

“Do you even know her?” Seung ri mom ask.

“She is in the room, giving detail to the police.” Seung ri answer Yuri, “Omma, of course I know her. Remember the time I was gone from home?” Both yuri and Seung ri mom nodded. “It was because I was with her, she had no family nor home so I had to take care of her.”

“Then you need to tell the police.” said Yuri.

The police men walk up to them, “Seung ri, are you going to tell as the reason this time? Are do I have put you under watch for 48 hours?” the cop said.

Yuri look at him, Seung ri nodded and follow the cop to his desk and begin to answer question. Both women sat at the bench nervously as they watch Seung ri answer from one question to another question. Nearly 20 minutes have pass, Seung ri is done questioning by the cop and walk back the women at the bench.

Seung ri mom and Yuri stand as they walk up to them. “What happen now? What did they said?” Yuri asks him.

“They say I can be release if I have a lawyer to come and sign for my dismissal. Since there is no prove, they could not hold me under 48 hours watch.” said Seung ri.

“A lawyer?” seung ri mom said, “Where can we find a lawyer at this time?”

“I’ll be his lawyer.” Nichkhun said as he walks to them.

Yuri quickly turn around after she heard a familiar voice, surprise by Nichkhun arrive at the police station. Nichkhun walk up to them, he look at Yuri sadly and then at Seung ri.

“I will sign him out.” Nichkhun said to the cop. “and his personal lawyer.”

Yuri kept her eyes lock on Nichkhun

“Okay then, right this way sir.” the cop said as he lead nichkhun to the front desk.

Uee then came out from the room and walk up to Seung ri.

“He?” Seung ri mom ask, “Isn’t he the lawyer who came like a month ago?”

Yuri didn’t say anything except watching Nichkhun from far distance.

“Are you okay?” Seung ri ask Uee as he look at her concern.

“I’m fine, they say I can go home.” said Uee.

“You can stay at my house tonight.” Seung ri said.

Uee nodded, “Thank you oppa.” she said. “I need to use the restroom, I want to wash my face a little.”

“Okay, I’ll wait for you.” said Seung ri.

Uee left to the bathroom. Nichkhun then came back from the front table.

“You are good now, they will contact me if there if they find more detail.” said Nichkhun.

“Thank you.” Seung ri said.

“No problem.” said Nichkhun.

“Yuri, are you leaving?” Seung ri mom ask, “I was going to ask to stay for a night, I need somebody to talk tonight.”

“Aunty……..” Yuri cut of by Nichkhun.

“You can stay at here tonight since it’s late anyway.” he said unhappily. “Aunty need you more.”

Yuri nodded, “What about you?” she ask him concernly.

“I have to go back to my office, since I need to know more about his incident murder. I‘ll probably be working the whole night” Nichkhun said forcefully, he look at her for a while. “Bye.”

Nichkhun turn around to walk away, Yuri follow him to the front. She can see his unhappiness all over his face, she wanted to go with him but Seung ri is still trouble by the incident. To keep Seung ri calm, she had to stay behind and keep Seung ri mom calm.

“Will you come back tomorrow? Will we go pick up Nichkwan together?” Yuri said as she wait for him to turn around to face her.

“Maybe. Stay warm tonight, The news reported to be below 10 Celsius tonight.” Nichkhun said unhappily without turning around to look at her.

Nichkhun got in his car and drove away, Yuri stood in front of the station, watching him drive farther away. She felt worry and unsure, she feel like something next is going to be bad. Yuri feel like after tomorrow she would not see him any more. After Uee head back to Seung ri. The three of them walk to Yuri, and head back to Seung ri home. At his parent house, Nichkhun knock on the door. Eun hye answer the door, surprise to see Nichkhun in front of the house late at night.

“Nichkhun?” Eun hye confusedly said. “What are you doing here this late?”

“I came to see Nichkwan. Is he asleep yet?” Nichkhun unhappily said.

“He is, omma just walk out of your bedroom after she tuck him into bed.” Eun hye said.

“Okay, that’s better.” Nichkhun said as he walk up to his bedroom. He open the door quietly and went next to Nichkwan. He rub nichkwan hair lightly.

“Something wrong?” Eun hye ask.

Nichkhun did not answer him.

“Did you and Yuri argue.” Eun hye ask again.

Nichkhun look at Nichkwan the last time before he walk out of his bedroom. Two of them head to the Backyard, and stand by the swimming pool.

“It is painful to love a person?” Nichkhun ask sadly.

Eun hye look at him confused. “Loving is never happy if you don’t hold on to it tightly into your heart.” she said, Eun Hye turn to look at him. “why suddenly you ask me that question?”

“I don’t know. I feel like Yuri is no longer with me.” Nichkhun said.

“Why did you say that? You two are married now, don’t doubt her feeling for you.” Eun hye said.

“I don’t want too, but the more I see her with or talks to Seung ri and worry about him. I feel like I no longer be in her heart anymore.” Nichkhun hopelessly said.

“Did you tell her how you feel?” Eun Hye ask him.

Nichkhun shakes his head ‘no’.

“Have she tell you how she felt if you don’t tell her how you feel?” Eun Hye ask again.

“Yes she did.” said Nichkhun.

“And yet you don’t tell her much.” Eun hye said, Nichkhun did not respond. “How do you expect a women who raise up your son with empty hand and been separate with you to understand you if you don’t tell her how you feel.” she said as she stood next to him.

Nichkhun look at the pool, “I want too but……” he stop.

Eun hye cut him off, “But you are afraid to hurt one another?” she said.

Nichkhun nodded, “Maybe the best way is to let her go.” he said.

“Do you think she would be happy if you do it?” Eun Hye.

“I can’t think of any other way.” Nichkhun said.

“It’s your and her problem, find a way to recover it.” Eun hye said as she give him a pat on the shoulder before she walk back into the house.

Nichkhun standing alone, looks up in the sky with his eyes close. Breathing in and out, he stood there for nearly hours. Nichkhun decided to write a note and left it on Eun Hye table, he always left a note for his sister not to open his letter to yuri. Nichkhun then left the house first thing in the morning, He went back to his house and took a couple of clothes with him. Nichkhun pay a visit to Taecyeon at the hospital before he leave the country without anybody knowing it. Back at Andong, Yuri had waited for Nichkhun as the times goes by but he did not show up. The next day Seung ri and Uee took Yuri back to Seoul, Yuri went into his house and notice Nichkhun have not come home at all. She quickly grab her cell phone out and dial Nichkhun numbers but he did not answer her. She continue to call him a couple more but the result is still the same.

Seung ri walk up to her, “What’s wrong?” he ask.

“He--he’s not here. He did not answer his phone.” Yuri shakenly said.

“Did you call his parent, friends, and work place?” Seung ri said.

“Drive me to Seoul Hospital.” Yuri said as they walk back into the truck.

Yuri continue to dial his number but still no answer, when they arrive at the hospital. Yuri went to look for Taecyeon, spotted him walking with Yoona to the cafeteria. Yuri quickly run up to them.

“Taecyeon, Yoona, have you seen Nichkhun?” yuri ask worriedly.

“I haven’t seen him.” yoona said. 

“Yeah, he drop by this morning. He didn’t say much except to tell me to take care of you and nichkwan for him.” Taecyeon said. “What happen? He did not look to good this morning.”

“I don’t know, I think it was last night when he suddenly act strange. I had to go to Andong because Seung ri was frame. He told me to stage there a night to cheer aunty up and left. Now I could not find him anywhere. I have call him many times but he won’t answer his phone.” said Yuri worriedly, “I’m really worry about him.”

“Why didn't you tell me he came to see you?” Yoona look at Taecyeon as she ask him.

“Well it was early in the morning, I thought he was dropping by to say ‘hi’.” Taecyeon said.

“He didn’t say anything else?” Yuri ask them again.

They shake their head ‘no’.

“Thanks, I think I need to go to his omma house.” Yuri said, “bye.” Yuri walk back to Seung ri truck.

“Give him a call.” said Yoona.

Taecyeon nodded and dial his number, but Nichkhun did not answer his phone. Seung ri drove Yuri to Nichkhun parent house. Eun Hye open the door.

“yuri?” Eun hye said.

“Have you seen Nichkhun?” Yuri asks.

Nichkhwan came running to Yuri. “Mommyyy.” he shout excitedly.

“Hey there kwannie, how is my son doing?” Yuri ask.

“I’m doing good mommy. Grandma and grandpa took me to many places.” Nichkwan said.

“That’s good.” Yuri said, “Kwannie, mommy need to talk to aunty in private. You play with your toys.”

Nichkwan nodded and went back to his toys.

“Nichkhun came the other night, and left me a letter to give it to you.” said Eun hye as she walks Yuri upstair to her room.

Eun Hye handed her the letter, Yuri open it.

The Letter:

“Yuri,

Sorry for disappearing unreasonably, but I think it best if I leave for a while. I know you will go looking for me…don’t, don‘t look for me. I am somewhere faraway. I want sometime to think about myself, about us. I know we just got back together, and with my memories coming back. Don’t take this the wrong way. I’m really happy that you finally became my wife but……every time I hear you mention Seung ri, every time I see you two closely bond than the bond between us. I’m really afraid to lose you. I wanted to express that feeling and thought to you, but I fear it will hurt us both. The close bond between you and Seung ri that I can never understand but I do feel that he is more important to you. Maybe because he have been by you side more than me or it because you love him more. Even if it is, than at least I thank you for having me in your heart. For once loving me and standing by my side when I need you. So now, I gave you your freedom. You don’t have to worry about me, I will be somewhere far…..to think….to remember. Please forgive me for my sudden disaapearance. If you believe in our fate, we will see each other in a short time, at a place we once made our promise. Saranghae Yuri.

Nichkhun.”

After reading the letter, tears flowing down her eyes rapidly as she hold onto the letter. Eun hye stood by her side, patting her back lightly as she wipe Yuri tears away with tissues.


“Why does it have to be this way? Why does he have to leave me again?” Yuri in tears as said.

“He will come back.” Eun hye comforting Yuri as she pull him into her hug.

Yuri did not said anything as she cries on Eun Hye shoulder. That hold day, Yuri spent it alone in the house while Nichkwan remain at her in-law. It was really quiet in the house, Yuri wen to his study room and sat on his chair as she look at the picture of her and him.

Too be continue………

Please comment and Thank You :D