Our Promises

Fate To Love You

Night time~~~~~~~~~

Nichkhun getting ready to take more shots, yuri patiently watch him from outside behind the door. The doctor inject the shots one by one, nichkhun grinding on his pain as he try not to shout even though it hurt him feeling the shots inject in his blood. Especially the second shots really hurt him badly, nichkhun grip on his fist, grinding on his teeth. Yuri can see him painfully handling the pain from outside, she shed a little tears as she watch him try his best for her. After the second shot, yuri walk into the room, next to nichkhun. He weakly smile at her as she held his hand.

“Everything is all set. We just need to contract his and his parent for their consent words to proceed the surgery. We also need to wait for Dr. Ok to proceed with the surgery from noon to 6pm. Most likely in the evening.” said the doctor. “Once we contract with his parent, then we can proceed the surgery to remove the tumor but it might be a little danger. There’s a chance that he will loose his memory, so I hope you prepare everything.”

“Memory lost?” nichkhun said. “Doctor, do I have to do this surgery? Is there any other way? I don’t want to forget everything I have. I don‘t want my parent to know about this.”

“Right now, this is the only way to cure you. The best and fastest from any chance it might grow in your brain. It best if you do it early, as soon as possible.” said the doctor.

“Can you give us time?” yuri ask the doctor.

“No problem, I’ll wait outside for your answer.” said the doctor.

“Thank you.” said Yuri, the doctor and nurse walk out of the room, giving them space to talk.

“Yuri, I don’t want to do the surgery. I don’t want to forget about you. I don’t want to loose you.” said nichkhun.

“Oppa, you heard the doctor. It is the best way and the only chance for you from dying. Nichkhun you have to do the surgery.” said Yuri. “ I want you to live.”

“But I might forget about you…forever.” nichkhun sadly said.

“If you believe in fate, If you believe in our love, If you believe in me. One day you will remember everything. One day we will be back together as a married couple, living happily with our child.” said yuri. “Have faith in fate, because fate is the reason why I’m with you, by your side, in your arm, supporting you.”

“If one day I forget you, forget about everything. We have to make a promise and meet at one place that we destine to meet at. A place that will get me back from my lost. A place to be with you again.” said nichkhun.

“I promise you oppa. No matter where I’m are at, you will be able to find me.” said Yuri.

“Then let meet at my grandpa church, where we first met. Where I first fell in love with you.” said nichkhun with his pinky up.

“I promise you, we will meet there if you forget about me, about our love.” said yuri, pinky promising him.

“You have to keep your words.” said nichkhun as yuri nodded with a smile on her face, hiding her tears from him.

Yuri went to her bag and grab a necklace that is like a Hawaiian necklace that have an eternity hope sign, she slid the memory chip in the back of the eternity sign with out nichkhun seeing it. Yuri walk back to nichkhun and put it around his neck.

“This is my promise to you. A gift to you.” said yuri.

“Thank you yuri, I’ll always have it on me.” said nichkhun as he grab a hold on the eternity sign.

Yuri let go of his pinky and went to the door, where the doctor are waiting for their answer. She open the door and let them into the room again, looking at nichkhun as she wait for his answer.

“I’ll will do the surgery.” said Nichkhun

“Great, we will start right away once we have your parents consent.” said the doctor. “ Right now you need to rest for tomorrow, the surgery will be an hour to two hours long. You need to save your strength for tomorrow. We will be leaving now.” said the doctor. “we will contact your parent first thing in the morning.”

Both yuri and nichkhun nodded.

“but before I have the surgery, may I go somewhere for a moment. I’ll be back in two hour.” nichkhun ask the doctor as yuri look at him confusedly. “two hours is all I need.”

“umm in your condition, is best if you stay in the hospital.” said the doctor.

“Please doctor, I promise I’ll be back in two hours. I just need those two hours to be with her. I want to take her to a place really important to me.” said nichkhun. “I don’t want to forget about her, I want to leave her a special gift to remember me forever. Please doctor.” Nichkhun begging.

“okay, I’ll let you check out for two hours. But before I let you go, you have to drink the pain pills first.” said the doctor with a smile. “and good luck.” knowing what nichkhun plan to do.

“thank you doctor.” said nichkhun.

The nurse give him the pills, he drink and grab the cloth out of the closet. He went into the bathroom changing into his casual cloth while yuri stood outside, trying to think what’s he is up too. After the nurse clean up the mess and leave the room, nichkhun walk out of the bathroom and grab yuri hand. Together they walk out of the hospital, with yuri still looking at him.

“Oppa, where are we going?” yuri ask.

“You’ll see once we get their.” said nichkhun waving at the taxi.

They got on the taxi and nichkhun told him to go to the nearest jewelry store, he held yuri hand and pull her along with him. Nichkhun told the taxi driver to wait for them, and then head into the store.

“I’m sorry sir, we’re are close.” said the jewelry lady.

“please mam, I just need a couple ring.” said nichkhun.

“Why do you need a couple ring?” yuri ask.

“You will know later.” nichkhun reply. “I just need a pair of wedding ring,”

“but sir….” said the lady.

Nichkhun pull her to the side and whisper. “ Please, I need the ring. I want to propose to my girlfriend before I have my surgery tomorrow. I need the ring to remind me that I have a wife waiting for me.” nichkhun begging the lady. “I just need a pair of ring and then I’ll be out of here. I will pay for any praise even your over hours.” said nichkhun. “Please help me out.”

The lady thought about it for a little and felt happy for the couple, so she show them the wedding rings. Nichkhun look through the ring, putting on yuri wed finger one by one as he figure what fit her best. Soon he found a pair of white silver Cartier ring, a ring that has another layer under it.

“I’ll take this one.” said nichkhun giving her the credit card.

“Great choice, I will be right back with your card.” said the lady as she charge his card.

“Why are you picking out wedding rings?” said Yuri.

“Be patient yuri, you will find out soon.” said nichkhun.

Yuri kept her patient and continue to wait, the lady came back with the reciept and nichkhun sign it, keeping a copy for himself. They walk out of the store and got into the taxi, nichkhun told him to go to the church by the well. The taxi driver just listen and drive to where he ask, once they arrive at the church, nichkhun paid him and head inside with yuri. Luckily the church was still open, nichkhun pull her down the isle, up to the pole with father hanging on it.

“what are we doing here?” Yuri ask again.

“I wanted to take you here.” said nichkhun. “I want us to have our words spoke here at my grandpa church.”

“That why you ask the doctor to let you go. So you can come here?” yuri ask and nichkhun nodded. “Why?”

“I wanted to give you the rings, the answer you have been wondering since we left the room.” said Nichkhun. “I want us to have our wedding tonight, here at the church. I want a memory that I can never forget. I want you to be my wife.” Nichkhun held her hand up, grabbing the rings out of his pocket. “Kwon Yuri, Will you married me and be my wife forever.” said Nichkhun.

“Oppa.” yuri not knowing what to said. “I…I.”

“I love you, and I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I want our life to be tied together, so I can be by your side, growing old with you and raising our child up together. Please marry me.”

“Oppa, this is so sudden.” said yuri. “But..I do want to be with you, oppa. I love you to deep to said no to you.”

“So that mean yes right?” Nichkhun ask.

“Yes, nichkhun.” yuri nodded. “ I have to put your’s on your finger though.”

Nichkhun smile happily as he put the ring in her finger and yuri in his. Nichkhun then look at her for a moment and bending down to give her a kiss, unexpectedly spin her in the air as he kiss her. Yuri smile through the kiss, wrapping her arm around his neck as he spin around. Nichkhun put her down back on her feet again, and walk to his grandpa room. He took her to the couch and went to look for a book in his grandpa safe box. Once nichkhun grab his childhood book, he head back to yuri, sitting next to her.

“ I want to show you some pictures of me and my grandpa, my childhood with him.” said nichkhun, showing her the picture.

One picture at a time he show her, yuri smile as she see the happiness between him and his grandpa.

“You look like a gangster, oppa.” said Yuri. “You look the same.”

“I do look like one, my grandpa always said I would be a gang leader because of the way I dress.” said Nichkhun. “I look the same? It probable because I’m too cute to change.” Nichkhun smile as he look at her.

“Yeah right, in your dream.” Yuri laugh and push his face away from her lightly.

“I dream a lot.” said Nichkhun. “I often dream about you the most.”

“What about me?” said Yuri.

“About you becoming my wife, having kids, and a place where we grow old together.” said Nichkhun.

“One day your dreams will come true.” said Yuri.

“It already true.” said Nichkhun.

Nichkhun smile and give her light kiss, then he continue to show her the picture one by one. Later he found a Nixon Camera in his grandpa safe box and took it out.

“Let take a picture of us together with our rings.” said Nichkhun.

Yuri smile and nodded, walking up to him. He place the camera on the table,, setting it on automatic picture take. Nichkhun walk back to yuri, standing next to her, right in front of the piano. The camera start to beep, letting them know that it counting down. Nichkhun put his arm around her, and both smile at the camera. Soon yuri took nichkhun back to the hospital and he rest in his room for tomorrow, nichkhun pull her next to him, laying on the bed. Nichkhun held her hand tightly as she fall a sleep on his shoulder.

At Yoona house, she was talking on the phone with Taecyeon, she was smiling and giggling over the phone. Her mom then came into the room, hearing her on the phone with a guy, she thought it was nichkhun. Yoona turn around and see her mom in her room, she hung up the phone.

“Omma, You should atleast knock the door.” said Yoona.

“You leave the door open, and I did knock but you were just on the phone talking.” said Mrs. Im.

“Then you should at least say something.” said Yoona.

“I was but I want to hear what you were talking about on the phone. Was it Nichkhun?” Mrs. Im ask.

“Omma.” Yoona whinning.

“Yoona, you’re not young anymore. Time will not be on your side forever. I think it time for you to get married sooner or later. Once we finish through with the engagement party, we will head straight to married a couple month later.” Mrs. Im happily smile. “Imagine how it would be when two richest family come to together and become in-law.”

“ummm…about that. Omma, I have to tell you some…….”said Yoona trying to find away to tell her mom about her relationship with Taecyeon.

“Don’t worry about Mrs. Horvejkul call me today and told me about arranging the engagement party.” said Mrs. Im. “I told her it best to do it early as possible. And she agree with me. So we plan to meet tomorrow and talk about the date.”

“Ommaaaa.” Yoona trying to explain.

“Daughter you should get some rest tonight, you’ll be coming with us tomorrow.” said Mrs. Im as she leave the room.

Yoona felt worried about tomorrow, especially facing nichkhun mom and her mom. She didn’t even get a chance to explain to both lady about nichkhun being in the hospital. She close the door and lay on the bed, looking on the ceiling as she think.

~~~~~~~~~~~Next day.

The hospital call Nichkhun’s parent, Mrs. Horvejkul answer the phone. She wasn’t expect a call from the hospital at all except for bad news.

“Yeoboseyo?” Mrs. Horvejkul answer.

“Hi, Mrs. Horvejkul. I’m calling to let you know that your son, Nichkhun Horvejkul. Is currently in the hospital since yesterday, and it seem he have a Tumor in his brain. So we have to do the surgery as fast as possible, from what I have is your son consent for the surgery today and now we are waiting for you words to proceed with the surgery this evening.” said the doctor.

“My son have brain tumor? Ho..how can this happen?” said Mrs. Horvejkul.

“Well from what I heard from Mr. Ok. He had for nearly two year now and we need to get rid of it.” said the doctor.

“What room is he in? I need to go see him.” said Mrs. Horvejkul.

“He’s in room 520.” said the Doctor.

“Thank you.” said Mrs. Horvejkul, and hang up the phone.

“Yobo, we have to go to the hospital right now.” said Mrs. Horvejkul

“Why?” Eun Hye ask.

“Nichkhun is in the hospital right now and he’s about to have a surgery.” said Mrs. Horvejkul.

“What!?” said Mr. Horvejkul shock.

Both Mr. Horvejkul and eun hye look at Mrs. Horvejkul, expecting a laugh from her but she still have her serious face. They quickly grab their jacket and head out to the hospital, Mr. Horvejkul drive as fast as he could there to see his son. Once they arrive, he quickly park his car and everybody quickly walk into the hospital and up to nichkhun room where Yuri, Taecyeon, and Yoona are there to keep him company before the surgery.

To be continue………….