Grandpa

Fate To Love You

Nichkhun sat at a table alone by the window looking outside, he wonder what have he done earlier and why yuri keep on ignoring him. Taecyeon and yoona came into the restaurant and spotted nichkhun lonely looking/ thinking about something.

Host: Hello (smile) a table for two?

Taecyeon: (look at the host) no thanks we spotted our friend over their.

Host: no problem. (smile and bow) enjoy.

Yoona: (smile) thank you (walking w/ Taecyeon to nichkhun table)

Taecyeon: (standing in front of the table) mind if we join?

Nichkhun: this table is…….(eyes grew wide seeing Taecyeon and yoona) oh, it you two. What are you doing here?

Yoona: (sat down next to Taecyeon) getting something to eat. Why aren’t you at school today?

Nichkhun: I had some business that need to be made up. (making excuse)

Taecyeon: yeah, probably emotion business of any other person. (nichkhun look at him) okay, lets not talk about it. Lets order something. (wave his hand at the waitress and order food) so is there something you would like to explain and talk about to somebody here today? (giving him signal to apologize to yoona)

Nichkhun: (was confuse at first but soon realize what he mean) oh yeah, (look at yoona) sorry about last night, I was totally business that I couldn’t pick you up.

Yoona: it okay, it wasn’t a big deal any way. But there another thing I want to talk about here, about you upcoming 21st birthday party.

Taecyeon: oh yeah, you planning to invite, and how would you like it to be?

Nichkhun: simple is find, I don’t know how many are coming either. I wish hoping this one person would come.

Yoona: Who?

Nichkhun: just somebody I was thinking or barely know.

Yoona: (sadly) oh.

Nichkhun: umm, I have to go, I‘ll be at my grand. Talk to you both later. (left the restaurant)

Taecyeon and yoona sat there watching him leave, at that moment Taecyeon know one thing about nichkhun was thinking about all along. Yoona look over at Taecyeon feeling that he must have know something that is keeping it away from her.

At nichkhun grandpa office, he wonder around the room, thinking and remembering the moment with his grandpa as he sit on his grandpa chair looking away from the piano.

Nichkhun: (look at the photo) Grandpa.

Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A eight years old nichkhun was in his grandpa office playing with a baseball as he waited for his grandpa to finish his work. Nichkhun was bored, he doesn’t want to play with the ball anymore so he went to the piano in the middle of the room and sat there looking at the key board. His grandpa look over at the couch, only seeing the ball staying there. Grandpa look over by the piano and look close into his grandson eyes, a mysterious passion and different side he have never seen before. Grandpa stop with what he was working on and slowly walk over to the little nichkhun sitting on the porch with a piano in front of him.

Grandpa: (put his hand on nichkhun shoulder) nich, do you want to learn how to play the piano? (looking at his grandson)

Nichkhun nodded.

Grandpa: (smile and sat next to him) very well, I’ll teach you.

They start playing a song slowly on the piano so nichkhun cant catch up with him.

Lil Nichkhun: grandpa, how come it look so easy seeing other play the piano? But when I’m near it, it become hard. Especially to control your fingers movement and thinking at the same time.

Grandpa: (let out a little laugh) it because they put there heart at it, there passion and love for each song with a practice that fulfill everything. You can do it too if you try your best.

Lil Nichkhun: (smile widely) please teach me grandpa, I want to learn.

Grandpa: (smile) okay okay, I will.

Both grandpa and grandson practice and practice till there were no sun left outside to bright the way. The little nichkhun was now tired, so his grandpa stop the lesson and took him out to eat before heading home. They talk and laugh, knowing how close they are and the moment they have. Everyday Lil nichkhun spending his free time with his grandpa practicing piano lesson and baseball, leaving his mom in a bad mood feeling her son not paying any attention to school or her. every time Lil nichkhun grandpa drop him off, his mom dislike it and hardly talk to her father-in-law. A couple years have pass, nichkhun and grandpa have been spending a lot of time together. Until one day nichkhun mom came to lil nichkhun grandpa office, with a bad temper slamming the door hard against the wall.

Mom: (coldly) Nichkhun time to go home, you have homework to do.

Grandpa: (look at the clock) time already?

Nichkhun: (whine) mom I don’t want to go yet. I want to stay here with grandpa.

Mom: (walk up to her son and drag him out of his seat) Nichkhun let go!

Grandpa: (stand up) Is there something wrong? You seem like angry at something? (calmly)

Mom: (harshly) There is nothing wrong dad. I just think it better if my son stay home and spend time with his family more instead of doing something wasteful and meaningless to his future.

Grandpa: Family? Aren’t I his family too?

Mom: you are but it better if you and nichkhun stop spending time with each other to much. I prefer my son at home studying. And plus your getting old anyway, it better you be at a retire hometown.

Nichkhun: That was mean mom, Grandpa is not old. And mom I did my homework already and I’ve study already.

Mom: (shout) then you have to study more !!

Grandpa: daughter calm down, it is because of me? It is because Nichkhun spend more time with me than you?

Mom: (let out a little laugh) You? Yes it is you dad. Sense nichkhun have been spending time with you a lot this pass many years, I felt like nothing to him. Once in a while it okay but all the time, I getting tire of it. I really wish you stop seeing him for once. All this thing, all this stuff is stupid and useless dad. I want him to follow my step, I want him to be a successful business man not some professor.

Grandpa: (look at his daughter) You’re afraid aren’t you? You’re afraid he might follow my step. You’re afraid he will leave you.

Mom: dad, seriously. How can you say I’m afraid? I just think it better if you stay away from nichkhun for a while. (leave with nichkhun angrily)

Nichkhun: (crying) No grandpa..grandpa….grandpa.. I don’t want to leave.

Grandpa stood in his office watching his favorite grandson leave him, his heart began to beat fast, his brain start to hurt. He couldn’t take it anymore and slowly walk to his desk, trying to grab the medicine but soon black out, fainting to the ground. Nobody notice until a couple hours later, one of the service came by and notice an old man laying on the floor and dial the emergency number right away. Nichkhun grandpa was now in the hospital, in the emergency room. Nichkhun’s family ran to the hospital as fast as possible as they can except for mom, who is slowly not wanting to go.

Dad: (run into the room) Doctor, is my dad okay? What happen to him and why is he still conscious?

Doctor: (frown) Sir, I’m sorry to give you this sad news, but it seem like your dad is on his way to the last moment of life.

Nichkhun: (sad tone) what do you mean by that? What happen to grandpa?

Doctor: (look at the lil nichkhun) sorry little boy, but there is no way we can do to save him now. We found out that he is in his third degree tumor. The final stop of the most dangerous tumor.

Dad: (shaky voice) tu…tu…tumor? It can’t be. This can’t happen, my dad is a healthy man that take good health of himself. How can he get tumor?

Doctor: usually tumor can appear in many situation like example, through generation or overwork and foods or his body is unstable and something must have happen. But most likely through generation.

Eun hye: Through generation? This can’t be our great great grandpa had tumor and died. So this mean..(look at nichkhun)

Dad: this can’t happen. It can’t be.

Doctor: I’ll you all times with grandpa, if there is anyway last word and words that you want have to know then I thing this is the best time to say to him. (leave the room with nurses right behind him)

Lil nichkhun run to his grandpa bed right away, holding his hand and crying in tears. Nichkhun’s grandpa slowly open his eyes, feeling the grip from his grandson and look directly at him, lifting his hand to wipe the tears away.

Grandpa: don’t cry nich, grandpa is okay, there’s no need for tears and sadness.

Dad: (interrupt nichkhun words) how can you say that dad? How can you not let us know about this? Why didn’t you get treatment?

Grandpa: I didn’t want any troublesome and to make you guys feel worry. Plus I know my time, there not need for treatment.

Eun hye: (crying) Grandpa………………..

Nichkhun: (crying) grandpa you can’t leave, you can leave little nichkhun alone. Lil Nichkhun still need a lot of lesson from you. Grandpa please don’t.

Grandpa: (shedding tears) I’m sorry nich, I don’t mean to leave you this early…it just that grandpa can’t stay with you anymore.(slowly closing his eyes) I have to go now, remember I’ll always be by your side………. (close his eyes and let the last breath out)

Nichkhun: (holding his grandpa hand harder as he shake him) grandpa…grandpa please don’t…..grandpa….(crying on his grandpa chest)

Dad: nichkhun son it okay. (patting his son shoulder)

Eun hye: (wiping her tears) why now? Why today?

End Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nichkhun: (murmuring in his sleep) Grandpa…..grandpa don’t leave……please grandpa don’t..

Yuri house~~~~~~~

In her room, yuri was sitting at her desk thinking about nichkhun and the kiss all day long, shoemaker the slap she sent to him too. She couldn’t get her mind straight until she heard an argument from her mom and the annoying step dad about her. Yuri couldn’t take it anymore and went outside to see what was going between her mom and the step dad.

Yuri: (annoy) what’s the matter here? What are you up to this time? (glaring at her step dad)

Step dad: well well, if it weren’t for you flirting and kissing with another boy out in the street, I wouldn’t be arguing with your mom about how disgrace and bad you are. (took a step closer) you should worry about learning instead of dating boys out in the world.

Yuri: (shock to know how her step dad knew about it) ho….how did you know? Did you stalked me? And how it is a disgrace kissing boy out in the street, if you saw it then you should see how I slap that boy. (yell at him)

Step dad: (angry) shut up! Don’t yell at me! I’m your Dad.

Yuri: Dad my , a ert dad is what you meant. Spying on his own kid in the shower and trying to get them to make out with you is a nasty and erted dad.

Mom: (slap in across the face) Stop it yuri, don’t say that your stepdad.

Yuri: (touch her face in shock) you slap me for the first time, because of him. Mom get real here, if he was a righteous dad then he should take picture of his own step daughter or stalking his daughter in the shower. His not the right for you mom.

Mom: (pretend like she didn’t here anything) I say shut up yuri, I know his not that kind of a man. Treat him with respect would you. Or else you can leave my house.

Stepdad: (trying to calm yuri mom down) honey, honey, calm down it’s okay. No need to go this far.

Yuri: Respect? Respect to him? Then his should respect me first. I never like him and never will, because I rather go out living on my own instead here. And you (looking at her step dad) don’t try to act nice/fake in from of her, you bastard.

Yuri went to her room and grab her purse with a couple of clothes in her bag and left the house angrily and sad. Her mom wanted to stop her but was still angry at what her daughter said to her husband, so she just stood there watching her own daughter leave.

Stepdad: honey, you should have not done that to your daughter. She is still young, you can’t just make her leave the house like this at night. (running after yuri)

Mom: (rest against the door) this is not right? She will come back, I know she will. (sadly)

Yuri continue to run as fast as she could and as fast as she can away from her step dad knowing that he would follow her once again. She ran across the park and cross many road until an old church that seem familiar to her that make her stop in front of it. Remembering everything that happen a couple day ago between her and nichkhun.

Yuri: (whispering) this is nichkhun grandpa church. This is where I get to know him a little better.

Yuri decided to walk into the church and to the room where the piano is at, not knowing that the church is close and off limit. She saw the piano in the center of the room and decided to walk closure to it, slowly removing the cover from it. She lift up the cover and start playing her favorite song that was taught by her dad when she was young. As soon as she play the Beethoven song in the room, nichkhun slowly open his eyes thinking that his grandpa have came back and play a song for him. He turn around expecting that he would still be in his dream playing this song with his grandpa but it wasn’t as he thought it would be. Nichkhun saw another person back and this time it was a girl not a guy, he soon recognized who that girl was, it was yuri. He walk closer to her quietly and a little angry about earlier that happen to him on the street.

Nichkhun: What are you doing here? You should be here at all especially at night.

Yuri: (shock and turn around quickly) you again, I….I…I…I.(stood up)

Nichkhun: (put both arm around her so she couldn’t go anywhere) I..I..I..I what? Have you thought of anything that would happen to you before you came here? Have you thought once you are in here there is no way out.

Yuri: (her eyes grew wide) What are you trying to say? What do you mean? (moving her half body back against the piano)

Nichkhun: (smirk) you know what I mean yuri, after you reject me by slapping me acroos the face earlier, do you expect me to let you go again?

Yuri: (shaky voice) nichkhun, (struggling to break through) I think I better go.

Nichkhun: (pull her back against the piano) no your not. If you want to leave then you have to strip right in front of me or else I wont let you leave.

Yuri: (shock and scared) str..str..strip? (nichkhun nodded) what if I don’t want too.

Nichkhun: then I guess we’ll take it to another forceful step.

Yuri: (slowly shedding tear knowing that she is about to loose her innocent) Why are all mans like this? Mean and fearful. Why do you force me into something I don’t want to do.

Her step dad was running in the street until he saw a bright light coming out from a room at the church, he decided to go in and check but it was lock, so he went around the church to the room. There he stop at the moment where his step daughter standing in front of a guy.

Nichkhun: you are such a weakly yuri, you’re always thinking on the good side and never on the bad side. You think people are going to let you go that easily huh? Not me, not until I get my revenge from that slap of your across my face earlier. Not until you strip. (smirk)

Yuri: (tears) I knew things would happen, I knew you would not let me go. You’re like other spoiled master I’ve seen in the street, a boy that only want pleasure.

Nichkhun: Pleasure? If that what you think then you should give it to me before things get worse. (sat on the couch)

Yuri: (trying to hold her tears back) Fine! Since I’m planning to leave this country, this planet anyway. (slowly ing her top) I never thought of a happy life since my real dad have left at a young age. I never expected to trust anybody else beside him. For a second I thought you were those nice generous guy with caring that would change my mind on guy now, but I guess I was wrong. You’re the same like other

Nichkhun became sad after hearing what she said and how close she was to her dad, it reminded him of his close relationship with his grandpa. Slowly the dead hit him right in the heart, the fear of loosing her. He stood up and stop her hand before she can go any farther down to her . A tear then drop down into his hand, realizing how sad and scare she was.

Yuri: Why did you stop me? I thought you wanted to see me strip in front of you. I thought you were like those spoiled rich boy wanting to have , forcing girls into something they don’t want to do. (looking right into his face)

Nichkhun: I..I..I, I mean it not that I don’t want to, it just that I’m not those kind of a guy that would force girl to do thing they don’t like. I thought you wouldn’t but never expect you would give in that easily.

Yuri: (confuse) what? You’re not? Then why did you……..(interrupt by the security guard)

Guard: (shouting from outside after seeing a man peeking by the window) Whose there! (the man continue to run) Stop there, Hey, hey, hey!!!!!

Inside~~~~

Nichkhun: (look around and went to turn off the light) , the security guard. I thought they left already. (grab yuri hand and hide behind the desk) come on.

The flash light were flashing through the windows after catching the suspicious man running around the church saying that there is more people in the church. So they search the whole place. Both yuri and nichkhun squeeze in closer, but yuri was afraid of her feeling and back out a little. Nichkhun notice it and put his arm around her and pull her closer to him against the wall behind the desk and a safe box. Nichkhun put his finger against his lip giving her a “shh” signal to be quiet, after a couple minutes later the security guard left they got up from behind the desk and safe box.

Nichkhun: that was a close one. (still holding yuri hand as he look around)

Yuri: yeah that was. (look down at her hand being hold by nichkhun) and I also think you should let go of my hand too.

Nichkhun: (blush and let go of her hand) Oh sorry. (went out of the room, to the front of the church and back hoping the door would not be lock, but no luck so he head back to his grandpa room) No luck, we’re lock in this church.

Yuri: Again? (nichkhun nodded) I was thinking of going to seung ri place to stay for the night.

Nichkhun: (jealous) Seung Ri? Who is he? Is he your boyfriend?

Yuri: (look at him, knowing that all of those are jealousy question) Seung ri is my best friend that I’ve known since I was a child. Since I ran away from home, I was thinking of going to his place and stay away for a while. By the way, why are you here late at night?

Nichkhun: oh I see, why now. Me? I want to remember the old time, especially the time where he taught me how to play the piano. I just want to reme…(turn and look at yuri, seeing her shaking in the room and sneezes once in a while) you cold? (yuri nodded)

Nichkhun went up to her and buttons up those buttons on her top, and took out his jacket and cover her up so she could be warm. He smile and walk to the closet to look for blanket for her, after searching for blanket he found one under a pile of file.

Nichkhun: it look like there’s only one for tonight. (dusting the blanket) here you use it, I’ll sleep on the carpet. (grab a pillow)

Yuri: it okay, (stop him) we can shared, plus is big enough for both of us.

Nichkhun nodded with a smile and sat on the couch next to yuri with the blanket over them, he decided to tell her about his life and background. Yuri slowly understand nichkhun as he continue to tell her his life, after a while later yuri fall asleep on his shoulder. Nichkhun look over at her, watching her sleep yet her body shake a little so nichkhun put his arm around her, pulling her closer to keep her warm.

To be continue………………………