Do I know you?

Fate To Love You

Nichkhun smile and held nichkwan hand as they walk to his work, it was a small village and everything was close so there’s hardly any cars around except for truck to load and unload things. At work nichkhun was going through every file and information about the village, he even went through what the village is doing right now. Nichkwan was just running around with a paper airplane nichkhun made for him.

“There’s a problem about the farm, it look like the you guys haven’t paid off the land to the government.” said Nichkhun to the chief.

“We try our best to pay every dollar we have, but each time we check the bill. It kept going up one percent fees.” said Uncle Shin.

“Really? They should not do that, its against the law.” said Nichkhun. “On the contract it only said you have to paid off the land in 25 years, there’s no words saying increasing the interest rate.”

“I know, but we can’t do anything about it. We just a small village, working for our life and foods everyday. Nichkwan mom work there, and her pay check is low. She know a lot the farmer.

Nichkhun was angry to here a single mom not getting enough money, he was angry to see the people treat her unfairly.

“Why didn’t she quit?” Nichkhun ask.

“If she quit this job, then how are they going to make a living. We don’t have much job here in the village.” said Uncle Shin.

“Do you have the recent bill?” said Nichkhun

“No, every bill we pay, they take it back.” said Uncle shin.

“When is the next bill?” said Nichkhun.

“In a week and a half.” said Nichkhun.

“okay, before you pay, let me see the paper first.” said Nichkhun

Uncle shin nodded and left the room, nichkhun continue to work on the file and information of the village. There were a lot of problems, like water maintained, lands, and product. He continue to work on it until Yuri walk into the room, he look at her.

“Hi, what are you doing here?” Nichkhun ask her curiously.

“It’s lunch already, I cam e to give you guys your lunch.” said Yuri.

“Mommy!” nichkwan exclaimed as he run to her and give her a hug.

“ Did you listen uncle and be a good boy.” Yuri ask as she clean the sweat off her son forehead.

“yes, I did mommy.” said Nichkwan smiling.

“He wasn’t trouble at all, he’s actually a very good boy.” said Nichkhun.

Yuri place the basket on his table and put the file aside, placing a couple dishes on the table. Nichkhun look at her confusedly.

“It’s lunch time, no works when you are eating.” said Yuri.

Nichkwan run to the chair and grab his forks.

“Fine with me.” said Nichkhun. “ I heard you work at the farmers land for the government?”

“Yeah I work there.” yuri look at him confusedly. “Why?”

“I just want to know about the owner and the government.” said Nichkhun, “would you mind telling me?”

“It not a good place or a bad place, it just that the government or the man that we pay kept raising the bill and didn’t give us enough time to send the product and get paid first.” said yuri.

“eww, mommy asparagus.” Nichkwan close his mouth.

“Nichkwan, you have to eat asparagus. It good for you.” said yuri and she hold a spoon of asparagus in front of his mouth.

“but mommy, I don’t want too. It taste nasty.” said nichkwan whining.

“You and your dad, always like this. Both of you never like asparagus.” Yuri accidentally blurt it out in front of nichkhun.

Nichkhun mind froze as he heard this somewhere, he think over and over if it was actually in his blurry memory. A flashback in his mind start to show up again, but this time at a different place.

“ oppa, you’re such a whiny baby. what wrong with asparagus? It very healthy for you, it have a lot of protein.” said the girl. A voice that sound like Yuri.

“But it taste nasty” said nichkhun.

End of the flashback, nichkhun grab his head as he look at Yuri. She was still feeding nichkwan asparagus, nichkwan didn’t like it at all. He head start to hurt a little.

“Excuse me, I have to use the bathroom.” nichkhun quickly walk out of the room with a painful face.

Yuri notice something was wrong with Nichkhun, she feel that he is in pain. In the bathroom, nichkhun turn the water at the sink on and put his head in the sink as the water wash his head. He felt better now, no more flashback and pain in his head.

“Who is she really?” nichkhun said as he look at the mirror, “Was she part of my past?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ten minutes later, he walk back to the room, yuri and nichkwan was still there eating. Nichkhun join them for lunch. Nichkwan and yuri see his wet hair and face.

“Uncle are you okay? Why are you wet?” Nichkwan ask.

“My..I…it was really hot so I decided to cool my self up with water.” Nichkhun covering up his lies.

Yuri can tell he was lying to nichkwan.

“Here uncle, let me help you dry off.” said nichkwan as he grab a clean napkin and dry his face.

Nichkhun close his eyes and smile as nichkwan clean every spot of his face.

“Thank you nichkwan.” said nichkhun.

Yuri couldn’t help but smile.

They went back to eating, after a while later yuri leave the room with nichkwan since he have to take his medicine. Nichkhun doesn’t know about it that nichkwan have asthma. A couple days have pass since nichkhun arrival at the village, seung ri is still gone and haven’t come back yet. Nichkhun and nichkwan eventually grew supper close to each other, nichkhun would leave early sometime to go pick up nichkwan from school. Yuri would continue to work like usual, one day yuri got out of work early and decided to go pick up nichkwan, Nichkhun was also out of work too, both met a mile away from the school as they walk to nichkwan school.

“oh hi there.” said Yuri.

“You’re out earlier.” said nichkhun

“Yeah, I thought about going to pick up nichkwan today so you can work a little longer.” said yuri.

“ I finish all of my work already, we can pick him up together.” said nichkhun.

“you seem really close to nichkwan this past couple day.” said Yuri.

“Yeah, I don’t why but I really like nichkwan. He’s such a good boy.” said nichkhun.

“But he’s not your son.” said Yuri uncomfortable telling him the lie.

“But I can treat him like one.” said Nichkhun as he look at her.

Yuri become silent as they walk to his school, they made it right on time. Kids come running out of school to their parent as the teachers follow them. Nichkwan then come running out of the school with an airplane in his head to his mom. Nichkwan jump on his mom give her a hug.

“Hi mommy.” said Nichkwan with his chubby cheek smile.

“Hi son, how was school today?” Yuri ask as she look at him.

“It was great,” Nichkwan let go of yuri. “Uncle nichkhun.” he said happily as he hug his leg tightly.

Nichkhun smile and carry him up in his arm. “hi there nichkwan. It look like you have a new toy today.”

“Yeah, I made it in class today. Our teacher taught us how to build one.” said Nichkwan showing nichkhun the plane.

“you must be nichkwan dad.” said the teacher walking to nichkhun.

“Oh no, I’m just a guest.” said nichkhun. “ I live in their house.”

“Oh sorry, I thought you were his dad. You two look so much a like.” said The teacher, “ He talk about you a lot.”

“Oh really,” Nichkhun smile as he look at nichkwan. “Did you said a lot of bad things about me?”

“No uncle, I told them you were an awesome person.” said Nichkwan.

“They are really close to each other.” said Yuri.

“Oh I see, it good to finally see nichkwan found a new friend.” said the teacher. “Well I’ll see you tomorrow at school nichkwan. Bye everybody.”

The three of them wave at the teacher and then leave, they walk home together. Nichkwan was playing with his airplane as nichkhun carry him in his arm.

“You can put him down if you are tired.” said Yuri.

“I’m not tired, he very light.” said nichkhun.

“Son, you want to walk with mommy.” said Yuri trying to distance nichkwan away from nichkhun a little.

“Okay mommy.” said nichkwan, “ Uncle can you put me down?”

Nichkhun put nichkwan down on his feet again. Nichkwan grab his mom hand and walk with her, Nichkhun was just thinking and watching them from the back. He was wondering why yuri is being different now.

“Did I do something wrong?” Nichkhun ask from the back.

“No you didn’t, it just that I don’t want him to be spoil to much.” said Yuri with out looking at him.

“But it look like you don’t like me much.” said Nichkhun.

“I just don’t want you to get tired, and your arm hurt.” said yuri, “ You need those hands to work tomorrow.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. I work out a lot so nichkwan won’t be a problem.” said Nichkhun running toward nichkwan.

He carry him up and put him on his shoulder.

“are you ready to fly nichkwan?” said Nichkhun

“Yeah, me fly. Plane fly.” Nichkwan put his arm out as nichkhun hold onto him.

Yuri was shock at his unexpected action, she watch them from the back. Seeing nichkwan having fun and laughing a lot, she felt really happy.

“Be Careful Nichkwan, Nichkhun don‘t drop him.” said Yuri as she watch them from the back.

“Don’t worry,” said Nichkhun as he run around with Nichkwan on his shoulder, “Nichkwan it time for us to go super speed.”

“Yay! Fly uncle, Fly.” Nichkwan shout in happiness as he spread in arm out.

The two of them continue to run back and forth as Yuri walk home with them. At home, yuri was cooking dinner while nichkhun shower nichkwan in the bathroom. They were laughing in the bathtub, Yuri can here there voice from outside in the kitchen. When they walk out of the bathroom with a towel on her neck, Yuri smile and went up to nichkwan. She dry his hair with the towel around his neck.

“Mommy, nichkwan is hungry.” said Nichkwan pouting.

“Really? I thought nichkwan would stay in the bathroom longer and forget about dinner.” said Yuri.

“I won’t mommy, I have to eat to grow up faster.” said Nichkwan

Yuri smile and pinch his cheek, “ Okay, put this away. Dinner will be ready in a minutes.” said Yuri.

Nichkwan went to his room and put the towel away, nichkhun went to gave Yuri a hand on dinner. He place it on the table and set the dishes and bowls out on the table. Nichkwan walk out of his room and head to his seat, everybody begin to eat dinner. Both Nichkhun and nichkwan had a nasty face as they look at asparagus, yuri look up and look at them weirdly as she look at the foods.

“what wrong?” said Yuri.

“Oh nothing.” said Nichkhun trying to hide his hate for asparagus.

“Mommy, I don’t like asparagus.” said Nichkwan.

“nichkwan, we talk about this already.” said Yuri, look at nichkhun. “Both of you have to eat asparagus even if you hate it. That the rule when it come to dinner, nothing left on the plates.”

To be continue………….