Happy Birthday

Fate To Love You

Noon came as Nichkhun head back to his house where Yuri and Nichkwan is waiting for him. He enter the house and see them watching TV together.

Nichkwan turn his head to look at the front door, he smile and quickly ran to him.

“Daddyyyy.” Nichkwan call for him as he run to nichkhun.

Yuri turn around and look at Nichkhun who is home early like he said in the note.

“Hi Kwannie.” Nichkhun smile as he carry his son up.

“You’re home early today.” said Nichkwan.

“I wanted to see you more.” said Nichkhun, Nichkwan smile and hug him tightly. Nichkhun look at yuri, “Are you ready to go?”

Yuri nodded as she walk to them after she grab her purse from the dinning table.

“Let go out today okay?” Nichkhun said as he pat Nichkwan back lightly. Nichkwan nodded.

The family left the house, nichkhun begin to drive. Yuri and nichkhun didn’t know where nichkhun wanted to take them, but yuri didn’t bother to look at Nichkhun after last night conversation with him. Yuri tried not to frown to much or think about last night as she play with her fingers, Nichkhun took a glance at yuri he can feel her unhappiness. After 20 minutes of staying in the car, nichkhun park in front of the Seoul court license. Yuri look at him confusedly as Nichkwan asked nichkhun question.

“Daddy what is this place? Why are we here?” Nichkwan asked nichkhun.

“You will see son.” Nichkhun look at him and smile. “Come on lets go in.”

Everybody got out of the car, yuri quickly walk up to him before they head into the court.

“Why are we here?” Yuri asked his worriedly.

Nichkhun smile, “We’re here to sign the marriage license and change nichkwan last name.”

“Marriage license? Nichkhun oppa, are you sure? This is not a game.” said Yuri.

“I know, I’m serious.” said Nichkhun.

“We can’t get married, you can change Nichkwan last name but no marriage license.” said Yuri.

“Why not? You’re my wife.” said Nichkhun. He took out a ring in his pocket. “I found this ring in the room, you kept them with you all this year.”

Yuri look at him shocked, “How did you find it?” she said stutter.

“I found them in the room a couple days later after my mom visit, you had it in your purse and I accidentally drop the purse when I was getting a file on the table. This ring come out of your purse, it was the ring I gave you six year ago when you agree to marry me.” said Nichkhun.

“That mommy’s ring, mommy have been wearing for a long time.” said Nichkwan as he recognize the ring.

“See? You kept it with you. It is indeed that you are my wife and it’s Nichkwan wishes for us to get marry.” said Nichkhun.

“It’s nichkhun wishes not yours, I don’t want you to regret it if you married me.” said Yuri unhappily as she wanted to hear his wishes to marry her not nichkwan.

“You can never know, but all I know it that I want to marry you.” said Nichkhun. “for nichkwan, for our family, we are going to get married.” Nichkhun said as he smiled.

Nichkhun held Yuri hand and walk into the court with nichkwan, they sat at the waiting room as they waited to be help by the people. Nichkwan was playing at the kids aisle.

“I know I’m forcing you to do this against your will but I can’t let you go, after last night talk. I am sure myself that I want to marry you.” Nichkhun said in his mind as he held her hand.

“Why are you doing this? If you hate me, you can just say it. Don’t torture me like this. I know I hurt you and I’m sorry for it. But just don’t break my heart after our marriage is complete. I really can’t take another separation away from you.” Yuri said in her mind as she look at the floor.

“Mr. Horvejkul and Ms. Kwon please follow me this way.” said the clerk.

They family follow the clerk to her desk, they sat on the chair as the clerk grab a few paper files out of the drawer.

“I’m Clerk Hwang, you can call me tiffany if you want too. I will handling your paper work.”

“Tiffany, I want like to change my son last name and a marriage license please.” said Nichkhun.

“Sure.” Tiffany smiles, “May I have his birth certificate please and yours ID.”

Yuri give Tiffany the her son birth certificate, nichkhun gave her his ID.

“Ok then, I will first file your son paper. In the mean time I need you two to file out the marriage paper. I will give you some time alone while I’ll be in the court room to change your son last name. I’ll be back in ten minutes.” said Tiffany as she grab their information and left the desk.

Nichkhun begin to fill out the paper with a pen in his hand, yuri look at him.

“Why are we doing this? You know I hurt you and you know the truth why I left you but why this?” Yuri asked him.

Nichkhun stop and look at her, “It because I want to be with you, I know you have hurt me but it does not change my mind.” said Nichkhun. “I want to take on the duties of being your husband and nichkwan father, I want you two to live happily from now on with a positive place.” Nichkhun take out the ring again and place it in her fourth finger on the left hand

“But…” said yuri.

“No but, right now just fill out the paper” said Nichkhun as he went back to finish the paper.

Yuri did the same too since she nichkhun insist that its for Nichkwan happiness. After ten minutes later, Tiffany came back from the court room. She handed them back their information and took the marriage paper from them. She went through and type the info on the computer, after she print them out. Tiffany place the Marriage license in front of them.

“after yours signature, you will become husband and wife.” said Tiffany.

Nichkhun and Yuri nodded as they sign the paper.

“Congratulation Mr. and Mrs. Horvejkul” said Tiffany.

Nichkhun smile, Tiffany handed him the license. They bow to her before they went to get nichkwan. The three of them head out of the court and walk to the car, yuri stop and look at him when they reach their car. After placing Nichkwan in the car and seatbelt him, nichkhun look at the standing Yuri next to him on the passenger side of the car.

“What?” Nichkhun said as he wonder about Yuri face.

“Why?” Yuri asked. “Why are you doing this? If you hate me for what I did then you can just tell me, but why this?”

Nichkhun tries not to answer her question as he look at her.

“Why oppa?” Yuri continued to asked him.

“Lets go, Nichkwan must be hungry right now.” Nichkhun avoiding Yuri question.

Yuri was about to said something until Nichkwan rolled his window down.

“Mommy, daddy. I’m hungry.” Nichkwan pouted.

“okay.” Nichkhun said. He looked back at Yuri, “Come on, lets go get something for nichkwan to eat.”

Yuri knowing nichkhun won’t answer her question, she got the car. After Nichkhun close Yuri door, he went to his side and the begin to drive to McDonald. There they order burgers, fries, and drink for the family. Seating and eating Nichkwan went to play at the playground a little, leaving Yuri and Nichkhun alone again.

“So for Nichkwan birthday tomorrow. Let’s have a little party.” Nichkhun suggest.

Yuri just nodded as she eat her burger, trying to avoid nichkhun eyes now.

“I’m going to invite Taecyeon, Yoona, and Eun hye over. Do you want to invite anybody?” Nichkhun asked worried hoping she would not say Seung ri name.

Yuri put her burger down and looked at him, “I going to invite Seung ri over tomorrow along with his omma.” She answer him.

Nichkhun felt terrified for a moment as he felt threaten by Seung ri.

“Okay.” Nichkhun agree quietly.

After a short awkward talk, Nichkwan came back from the playground. The family spend the whole day together but Nichkhun and Yuri didn’t talk much, only when Nichkwan is paying attention to them. It was really quiet between them two.

The next day~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nichkhun head to work early again so he can make it back home by 7pm for his son birthday. Though he and Yuri are married but still they don’t sleep together, nichkhun remain in the living room while Yuri she in the master room. Nichkhun thought about the study/reading room but it was two close to Yuri room, so he slept in the living room. That afternoon after Yuri finish giving a called to Seung ri, she search through nichkhun phonebook in the reading room for his mom number, she give a called to Mrs. Horvejkul after she found her number.

“Yeoboseyo?” Mrs. Horvejkul answer.

“Mrs. Horvejkul, it’s me Yuri.” Yuri reply. “Are you free tonight?” she asked

“Yes I‘m free tonight Yuri. Why?” Mrs. Horvejkul said pleasantly.

“I would like to invite you to Nichkwan 6 birthday tonight at 7. Please Tell Mr. Horvejkul for me.” said Yuri.

“Sure my pleasure, I’ll be there tonight.” said Mrs. Horvejkul.

“Thank You.” Said Yuri.

They say goodbye to each other and then hang up the phone. Yuri went back to the kitchen and bake a home made fruit cake for Nichkhun, and then she begin to cook foods for tonight. From one plate to another plates, Yuri kept herself busy and taking care of Nichkwan at the same time. By the time the clock reach pass 5 o‘clock, she was already finish with everything.

“Mommy is going to take a shower, Don’t leave the house are open the door for anybody unless you know that person very well are let me know who is at the door, Okay?” Yuri said.

Nichkwan nodded, “Yes mommy.” he said.

Yuri smile and give him a kiss on the cheek before she head to shower. A freash shower and changing into new cloth with her hair simply curls and light make-up in skinny jean and a plaid shirt. By the time she walk out of the bedroom, it was 6:30pm. Yuri then took Nichkwan in the bathroom for a short bath, and change into a fresh cloth. Nichkwan hair was comb to the side.

“My handsome boy, your look just like you daddy.” Yuri smiles as she pinch Nichkwan chubby cheeks.

“Mommy, between me and daddy who is more handsome?” Nichkwan asked with a smile.

“Of course you my little man.” said Yuri as she laugh at his cuteness. “Come on, lets reheat the food, our guest will be here soon.” she said.

Nichkwan nodded, Yuri hold his hand as they walk to the kitchen. Nichkwan help his mom place the plate of food on the tables. Yuri only give his the easy and light plates to carry to the table while she takes the heavy ones. The doorbells ring, Yuri went to open the door.

“Hey Yuri.” Taecyeon and Yoona said at the same time.

“Hi there, thanks for coming.” said Yuri as she makes way for them to come in.

“No problem, Nichkwan is like my nephew. I can’t miss his birthday.” said Taecyeon.

“Nichkhun is not home yet?” Yoona asked.

“no not yet.” Yuri answer.

Taecyeon and Yoona look at the table full of foods on the plates.

“You made all of this?” Yoona asked in amazed.

“Yeah, I did. Can't have guest over without food.” said Yuri.

“Wow, you are awesome Yuri. Cooking all of this on your own.” said Taecyeon.

“I also help mommy.” Said Nichkwan as he run to Taecyeon.

“Nichkwan.” Taecyeon shout for him as he spin nichkwan around.

“uncle Taecyeon.” Nichkwan shout happily.

Yoona and Yuri smiled at them. Taecyeon place him back on the ground.

“Uncle you are so tall.” said Nichkwan. “I want to be tall as you.”

“Drink a lot of milk then.” Taecyeon smiles.

“When did you two become so close?” Yoona asked.

“It a man things, women don’t understand. Right nichkwan?” Taecyeon said with a blink at Nichkwan.

“Oppa.” Yoona joking slap him on the shoulder.

“Okay okay.” Taecyeon as he pull Yoona close to him. “Oh yeah, Nichkwan we got you something.” he said as yoona hand the present over to Nichkwan.

“Thank you auntie and uncle.” said Nichkwan, he quickly open it. “Cars!” Nichkwan shout joyfully.

“You should buy him to many toys cars, just come is good enough.” said Yuri.

“It okay, it wouldn’t be a birthday without a present.” said Yoona.

Eun hye and her parent then walk to the house. “Hi everybody.” she smiled.

Everybody turn to looked at them, Taecyeon give a friendly smile to eun hye, she smiles back friendly after their break up even though neither declare but both understand that its better to let go.

“Where have you been?” Taecyeon asked.

“out of country for a vacation. I needed sometime off anyway.” said Eun Hye.

“She also met somebody on her vacation too.” said Mr. Horvejkul.

“Oh really. That’s great.” said Yoona happily for her.

“Yeah, I didn’t expect to be this fast.” said Eun Hye. She turn to look at Nichkwan. “So how is my little nephew?” she said.

Nichkwan looked at her confusedly.

“Nichkwan go say hi to you auntie, she is your daddy older sister.” Yuri confirm him.

Nichkhun let go of his wild though and went over to Eun Hye and give her a hug.

“Hi auntie.” Nichkwan greeted with a smile.

Nichkwan then also give Mr. and Mrs. Horvejkul a hugs. They all give Nichkwan his present and wish him a happy birthday.

“Happy birthday Nichkwan.” Mr. and Mrs. Horvejkul, and Eun hye said.

“Thank you, grandma, grandpa, and auntie.” Nichkwan smile as he tried to hold all of his present but they were all to big.

“Kwannie, you don’t have to hold all of it in your hand.” said Yuri.

“Okay mommy, I’ll go put them in the living room.” nichkwan said as he carried one by one.

Yuri closed the door as they group went over to the kitchen.

“Nichkhun is not home yet.” Mrs. Horvejkul asked nervously.

“He’ll be home in a minute.” said yuri. “In the mean time try some of my cooking skills.” Yuri smiled.

Eveybody and smile and digged into the tables full of food. About five minutes later, Nichkhun arrive home, happily walking into the house, he see and hear the guess have arrive. The first thing he did is went straight to nichkwan not noticing her parent are there in his home.

“daddy!!” Nichkwan shout as he run to his dad.

“Hey there. How is my little handsome boy today?” nichkhun said.

“Good daddy, I’ve been good.” Nichkwan said cheerfully.

“Good, then daddy can give you this.” said nichkhun as he hand a bagof present to nichkwan.

“More cars.” Nichkhun said joyfully.

“Nichkhun oppa.” Yuri called for him.

Nichkhun looked at yuri but he did not expect to see his parent at his son party either especially his mom.

“Omma, appa.” Nichkhun stutterly.

Mrs. Horvejkul nervously tries to smile as Mr. Horvejkul walk up to Nichkhun. “It seem like you are doing fine now, you have a family and a career.” he said. “you job will be harder from now on as you take on the role of the father and a husband.”

“I know appa, I’ll try my best.” Nichkhun said as he looked at Yuri.

“come on, lets go try some of what Yuri have made.” said Mr. Horvejkul.

Nichkhun and his father when you join the group again, they all talked happily as they surround the table while nichkwan play with his toys and eat at the same time. But except for Mrs. Horvejkul who stood remain quiet with only a smile when everybody is laughing. Then it was time for Nichkwan to blow the candle, Yuri brought the cakes out and place on the table as nichkhun light up the candles for Nichkwan. They all sing a happy birthday song for Nichkwan before he make a wish and blow the fires out. After the first slice cut, Nichkwan went back to his toys as Yuri continues where he left off. Mrs. Horvejkul went over to played with Nichkwan.

Yuri walk up to nichkhun with a slice of fruit cake on the plate and a spoon on the side, “Give this to your omma.” Yuri said softly as she tries to get them to talk again, “offered it for me.”

Nichkhun looked at her as he take the plate off her hand. “You invited her?” he asked her.

“Yeah, since she is Nichkwan grandma after all.” Yuri said.

“Why did you invite her? She hated you.” Nichkhun said.

“Not anymore, we talked. I wanted to tell you about it but you insist not to talked about.” said Yuri. She push Nichkhun away from the table, “Go, give her the cake for me.” She smiles.

Nichkhun look at her for a while, and then he went up to his mom. Mrs. Horvejkul see him standing in front of her, she stop playing with nichkwan and stand up to face him.

“Have some cake.” said Nichkhun as he tries not to shake his voice much.

“Mrs. Horvejkul smiles as she takes the plate, “Thank you.”

“Ho--how have you been?” Nichkhun asked since it have been more then a week since he have talked to her.

“Good.” Mrs. Horvejkul reply. “Is everything find at work?” she asked.

“Yeah everything is find.” He answer, Mrs. Horvejkul nodded.

A quiet moment between mother and son, Yuri watch them from the kitchen as she pretend to listen to Yoona and other talks.

Breaking the silent, “I’m sorry Nichkhun.” she said.

“Sorry for what.” Nichkhun look at her surprise.

“For all this years, for making you do everything I wanted you to do.” Mrs. Horvejkul say, “I thought it would be the best for you but I guess I was wrong.”

“I don’t blame you. You tried your best to bring me happiness.” Nichkhun said.

“I’m sorry nichkhun, I must have been a horrible mom to you.” Mrs. Horvejkul lower her head as she speak.

Nichkhun seeing her unhappy face, he put his hand on his mom head and smiles, “No you’re wrong, You are the best mom I could have wish for. I thank for always thinking of me first.” he said as he grip onto his mom hand warmly.

Mrs. Horvejkul smile warmly as she look at her son. Suddenly a couple knock front door, Yuri went over to answer.

“Seung ri oppa.” Yuri happily said as she give him a hug.

Nichkhun look to the front after he heard Seung ri name, seeing Yuri embracing seung ri tightly he felt jealous and unbearable feeling in him.

“Yup, it me. I can’t miss Nichkwan birthday.” Seung ri said happily.

“You never miss Nichkwan birthday.” said Yuri as she let go of Seung ri.

“Uncle seung riiiii..” nichkwan called for him as he run to Seung Ri.

“My little nichkwan, how have you been?” Seung ri asked.

“I miss you.” Nichkwan said.

“I miss you too.” Seung ri said.

“Come on in.” Yuri invite him in.

“I got you a present nichkwan.” seung ri handed nichkhun his present. “Happy birthday little boy.” he rub nichkwan head.

“Thank you uncle Seung ri.” Nichkwan said happily and ran back to the living room with the present.

“Let me introduce you to the people.” Yuri said as she bring seung ri to the kitchen. “You should remember him right.”

“Taecyeon.” Seung ri said.

“Hi.” Taecyeon greeted.

“This is Yoona, Mr. Horvejkul.” Yuri introduce him to them, and then she face the living where Nichkhun and Mrs. Horvejkul is at. “and that is Mrs…”

“Mrs. Horvejkul.” Seung ri interrupt Yuri.

Yuri nodded as she look at him, seung ri drag her out to the back. Nichkhun look at them concern as other looked at them confusedly.

“Why is she here? I thought she hated you and you hate her.” Seung ri said frustrated.

“Oppa, calm down. I invited her.” Yuri tries to calm him down a little. “I never said I hated her. I wanted her here tonight so she can get to know Nichkwan a little more.”

“But what if she goes all crazy on you again. Telling you to this and that.” Seung ri said with concern.

“I’ll be fine, me and her are fine now. Believe me.” Yuri said.

Seung ri look at her with his un-sure face for while until he speak again, “Okay than, but if you tell you to leave again. I’m not going stand around and what you leave again. Okay?” he said.

Yuri nodded, Seung-ri smiles as he pinch her cheek. Nichkhun from the living watches Yuri closely spent time with Seung-ri alone. For the next two hours, everybody spent their time talking from one subject to another. Yoona announce her pregnancy and everybody congratulated her and Taecyeon. The whole night Yuri sat next to Seung-ri talking and laughing. Nichkhun felt uncomfortable seeing Yuri so closed to Seung ri tonight. Until it was time to leave, Taecyeon and yoona left first.

Mrs. Horvejkul walk up to Yuri. “Is it okay if I take Nichkwan home for the night?” she asked Yuri.

“Mommy can I spend a night at grandma house?” Nichkwan asked with his chubby cheek face.

Yuri kneel down to look at him, “Yes you can.” She smiles. “Listen to grandma okay? Be a good boy.”

“Yes mommy.” Nichkwan smiles as he grab his grandma hand.

“Lets go grandma.” nichkwan said joyfully.

Mr. and Mrs. Horvejkul walk with Nichkwan out to the car. Leaving Seung ri left in the house. After walking Nichkhun parent depart with Nichkwan, Seung ri walk up to Yuri and wrap her with a sweater he found in the closet by the front door.

Yuri look at him, she thought it was Seung-ri. “I’ll be leaving now.” Seung ri said.

“Thanks for coming.” Yuri smiles. “Tell auntie I miss her so much and thank you for watching my house and the garden.. I really appreciate all the help you’ve give me.” she said.

“Hey, I’m your oppa after all.” said Seung ri.

Too be continue…………