Chapter 3 : Earth

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi sighed as she placed the last stack of silver ware on the tiny table.

 

"Hey, new girl...," a worker made his way to Seulgi.

She turned and looked at him with eyes so annoyed and tired.

"...Your uncle wants you to get some papers from his car parked in front...hurry and go get it so," the man didn't seem to tolerate Seulgi's annoyed looks.

Seulgi not wanting to cause another scene went outside pushing the back door wide open and letting it shut with a loud bang.

She made her way to the front of the bar and saw a black car parked right in front. Without even thinking she made her way to the car and placed her hand on the handle.

"Uncle's car is always unlocked...wah! so responsible," she spoke to herself as she opened the door knowing for a fact that her uncle doesn't care about his car from her aunt who talks only about her husband's irresponsibility whenever she visited Seulgi's house.

The door opened and Seulgi went inside the empty car letting it close behind her.

Baekhyun's eyes scanned the crowd that seemed half dead. All three of them were inside the bar.

Lay ordered a drink and leaned against the table scanning the opposite side of which Baekhyun was having his eye on.

Xiumin made his way to the men's restroom to check if the man they were looking for was at least there for not one of them was able to spot him.

After searching every inch of the bar, the three met up where Lay was having his drink.

"I don't think he's here," Baekhyun said while looking at Lay gulp down half of his drink.

"He's here alright. I feel his aura," Lay said quite confidently.

"Me too. I feel like he's here. If we were him where would we go?" Xiumin asked while taking a look around.

"Umm somewhere quiet, somewhere no one would bother us... some dark corner," Baekhyun kept guessing.

"Bingo!" Lay exclaimed with a smirk having his eyes fixed on a dark figure at a corner.

Both Xiumin and Baekhyun followed his gaze to see what exactly Lay was looking at.

They locked their eyes on the man who seemed to be asleep at a dark corner. The three of them started approaching him from three different paths.

However as they came to the place they ended up staring at an empty seat.

"Where did he go?!" Baekhyun let out a frustrated cry.

Lay quickly scanned the place to see the small dark figure leave the bar running off crashing into some people on his way as if he was drunk.

Lay pulled both Baekhyun and Xiumin realizing that if they don't hurry they might loose their only chance to reunite with everyone else.

Meanwhile, Seulgi who was still inside the car was having a hard time finding any paper at all let alone a bunch of papers her uncle wanted.

"Seriously? Where are they?!" She questioned as she checked the trunk and went back inside to check under the seats getting into the back seat of the vehicle.

She was having her head ducked under a seat when suddenly she heard the door on her right open and the light beams of the street lamp enter inside forming the shadow of a person who opened the door.

At first she thought it was her uncle. She was even prepared to burst out scolding saying there was no paper what so ever. But she got shocked as the person who opened the door suddenly crashed inside and closed the door shut.

She lifted her head up ready to attack whoever who came in, but froze instead as the two front doors burst open and two more got into the car.

"He went that way! Hurry up!," the one in the front passenger seat shouted pointing somewhere down the lane as the one on the driver's seat started the car.

Seulgi was terrified but at the same time was feeling like she had heard these voices before.

Snap!

She realized that it was them... The people who gave her that cold greeting in the morning.

The car whooshed in front and raced down the lane. Seulgi's chance of jumping out of the car was already gone. She turned her head to her right listening to the two in front blabber on about where whoever they were looking for went. As she turned her head she found out that she wasn't the only one who was surprised to find them in the car.

"Um Lay hyung..." the one who was sitting with Seulgi at the back seat mumbled having his eyes fixed on Seulgi but looked more terrified than her.

The one who was driving glanced behind and suddenly hit the brakes making everyone crash into whatever was in front of them.

"Who the hell are you?" Lay burst out questioning, while Baekhyun seemed to have realized that it was their milk delivery girl.

"Who...Who am I?!" Seulgi retorted with her shaky voice.

"Hyung, don't you remember? It's her. The milk girl and the one who saw Xiumin hyung..." Baekhyun started mumbling again having his body plastered against the door as if Seulgi was having some sort of a deadly disease.

"There he is!!" Xiumin shouted pointing at a figure running down the road.

Lay looked back and forth at Seulgi and Baekhyun, and suddenly released the brakes and started racing down the lane.

"Wait WAIT! Stop the car! Let me out! Let me go, you aliens!.." Seulgi shouted.

"Actually, we are not aliens," Baekhyun mumbled but instead got hit on the head by Seulgi who was throwing her hands everywhere.

"We'll let you go as soon as we get him, okay?" Xiumin suggested while glancing back at the figure who they were getting closer to.

"No! Let me go now!" She threw her hands up again hitting Baekhyun right in his eye this time.

"That's not possible right now. And also it's not safe for a girl to be walking outside at this time of the night," Lay spoke while having his sharp eyes on the road.

"Yeah right, and let you weirdos kidnap me instead?!" Seulgi shout out.

"Actually you are not the one we are planning on kidnapping," Baekhyun mumbled again and this time got a punch right across his nose.

"Let me go!..." Seulgi's voice trailed off as Lay made a sharp turn making them ending up on a narrow side road.

Lay kept on racing behind the man who was running in the shadows. Seulgi saw the scary figure and fell silent.

Lay pushed the accelerator harder as the walls of the buildings on either sides came closer to them.

Everyone in the vehicle was focused on what was happening. The person they were chasing seemed to be way more faster for a small man. At the same time he seemed to be shaking so severely that he was finding it hard to move in a straight line.

"He's loosing it," Xiumin stated seeing the man suddenly turn around and stare at them.

Lay hit the brakes and stopped the car.

A few seconds of complete silence passed by.

"He looks frustrated. He definitely knew we were coming for him," Xiumin said while Lay locked his eyes with the man whose face was now visible.

Seulgi saw the haunting eyes through the cap he was wearing to cover up his face.

"He looks like a serial killer," Seulgi whispered.

Baekhyun nodded furiously and added, "True that"

Seulgi widened her eyes believing Baekhyun.

"He's kidding. Our D.O wouldn't hurt a fly. At least the D.O we know of," Xiumin clarified glancing at Seulgi who then breathed a breath of relief.

"The poison, are you sure it deactivates our powers?" Lay asked Xiumin.

"I think so. I couldn't use mine, right? That's what you guys told me," Xiumin replied.

"I don't think it makes us loose our powers. I think it makes us forget that we even have powers, make us forget who we are...Make us forget we are not from here and make us live like the lowly humans here..." Lay spoke intensely.

"Um excuse me? Lowly humans?" Seulgi questioned feeling offended but also curious.

Suddenly Lay released the brakes once more. But this time he looked more scarier than who was standing in front them. He suddenly started racing making Xiumin and Baekhyun panic seeing that it was only a matter of seconds till the car would hit D.O.

"Wait. What are you doing?!" Seulgi put her hand in front and pulled Lay's hand.

But Baekhyun pulled her back in to her seat and pushed her towards the door. And within seconds she heard the glass shattering and felt the car crash into something more harder as her eyes closed shut.

The smell of fuel made her eyes flutter open. She expected to find blood spread all over the windscreen but what she found shocked her. The car was bent inwards. The frame of the windscreen was now right next to her ear. The seats in front were covered in pieces of glass and half of both the seats were squashed inwards almost like the car hit a giant iron pole.

The door on her side opened and two hands pulled her outside.

"Are you okay?" Xiumin asked Seulgi while she was still shocked.

His eyes went to her right arm that seemed have a cut and was bleeding. Seulgi followed his gaze and saw the cut but she didn't seemed to be worried about herself. She walked in front of the car expecting a body on the ground.

"Where is he? Is he dead?" Seulgi asked starting to shake, seeing that there was no body or any blood shed.

Lay suddenly grabbed her from her arm and took her with him to a small alley where the man they saw before was clutching his head with both his hands.

"It'll only take a while. We'll take you home soon," Lay spoke to her as Xiumin and Baekhyun walked in front of them.

All four of them went straight to the man who seemed to be in pain.

"STOP! Don't come close to me!" he suddenly screamed making all four of them halt about ten feet away from him.

They stayed silent watching him arguing with himself.

"D.O..." Lay, who let go of Seulgi's arm spoke taking a step in front.

The man lifted his head up and asked,

"Is that my name? I...I don't know what my name is...But wait, why am I different? I'm different from everyone. I can feel things. I can feel the heart beats, the movements, the vibrations...I can feel everything without even seeing them. I can feel how scared she is..."

Baekhyun glanced over at Seulgi who indeed looked terrified.

"...I can even feel the spider on his shoulder..."

Baekhyun looked at Xiumin and Lay's shoulders and then looked at his and started screaming his lungs out as he spotted a tiny spider resting on his right shoulder.

Both Xiumin and Lay stayed unfazed watching D.O express his frustration as Lay's guess where the poison wiped out their memories became more cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter