Chapter 22 : Stronger together

Poison Flower (ExoVelvet fic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He breathed in and sighed heavily. There seemed to be so much going through his mind.

 

He watched as the lady in front of him with her short hair dyed into an atrocious pink, pick up his clothes that were neatly brought in while he was supposed to be taking a good long bath.

But that long bath was yet again another painful time where he revisited the very night he lost everything in front of his own eyes while he had the power to stop it.

 

 

"NO! Don't! It's not good for you!" Kris yelled but his companion already had his teeth dug onto his wrist and was drawing out the blood.

"NO! Stop! What if it won't work? This will be all for nothing!" 

He yelled in vain whilst crashed onto the floor at a  corner of an abandoned building with a small bulb flickering at the corner while his partner out his blood.

"Stop!"

 

 

He looked at his wrist that was covered by the robe he was wearing. The damaged hand with a painful cut on it seemed like nothing seeing a cloth put on top of it.

He gulped again and looked up at his stylist who snapped her fingers in front of his eyes.

"It's the last schedule. Put on this suit and your billion dollar smile, and go make the crowd fall in love with you," she said looking at him.

Kris smirked as a reply.

 

 

He was at his hotel room and it was early morning. It was the last day of the movie promotions and he was already so close to going back to China. 

 

He looked at the black suit with a glittery strip highlighting it's edges. 

 

"Its almost over but I'm still at the same place," he said looking at it.

"What are you talking about?" the lady asked heading to pick up his shoes with a quirky design on them sitting at the corner of the room.

"Nothing," he said while remembering their faces once more.

 

He remembered each of their faces looking back at him bewildered. He remembered the first time he saw the 'wild kid' backstage. He was shocked but kept a straight face, at least he tried to. Then he remembered seeing the one who read everyone's movements like he was reading their minds and that shook him a bit.

But..but they didn't look like they were poisoned. Did they ever get caught?...I have to get to them. I can't just wait for them to come get me anymore...

 

He thought as time was slowly moving forward and his time here was already over. It seemed like he too was looking for them.

 

 

***

 

 

Jongin watched as Taemin left the room saying he was heading out to the bathroom first.

Jongin nodded while having his head against the wall and pretending to close his eyes.

 

As soon as Taemin was gone he took out his hand from under the sheets and lifted his fingers to up to his nose. And there it was on his finger. The violet stone shone to the sun rays creeping into the room from the closed curtains.

Jongin felt it. He felt the connection, the pull, that D.O was talking about the day before. 

 

"I guess all bonds stay the same even if the mind doesn't know," he said looking at the stone in awe.

 

Seconds later he suddenly sprint up from his mattress on the floor remembering D.O's words once more. He was thinking about it all through out the night and he was curious to death.

 

He took off the ring from his finger and let it rest on top of the pile of books on Taemin's tiny study table.

He took a step back having his eyes on the thin silver ring.

 

"Let's see whether it really works," he said to himself and ran out side the room.

 

He stopped by the hallway to the living room and heard the shower in the bathroom next to him turn on. Taemin was having a bath. Taemin's mother was asleep at this time of the morning and his father had already gone for work. All was clear.

 

Jongin looked down at his feet and closed his eyes. He tried finding that connection he was feeling a minute ago. He knew what it felt like and he was looking for it. He was waiting for that unique feeling to pull him once more. And there it was! It came to him like a magnet.

He felt every nerve in his body sense it. The connection seemed more stronger now that he was looking for it and wanting it to find him.

He flashed his eyes open in curiosity and snap!

 

 

He found himself appear in front of the ring making the pile of giant books on his friend's table stumble off as one of his hands hit the bottom due to the spin as he teleported to the spot.

 

He picked up the ring that fell with the books with a satisfied look.

 

Yet he narrowed his brows thinking that he had already known where the ring would be so it was like his body was cheating on him.

 

The thought was sudden but his actions were quick. He jumped on to Taemin's tiny chair in front of his table and pushed the window open with his foot making it bang as it hit the outside of the wall.

 

He took a final look at the ring and let it go as he threw it out of the window, and it disappeared from his grasp.

 

He wasn't sure whether he was just being a fool, for he wasn't exactly the expert with his new found talent that he rejected himself from actually having, and if so, the ring could be lost forever.

He shook his head. Leaving unwanted thoughts for a later time and wanting to hold onto the ring once more, he forced his eyes shut and tried concentrating.

 

This time around he felt his heart beating as fear took over his body for he was afraid that he was not strong enough to get to the ring.

He tried concentrating nevertheless and flashed his eyes open hoping he had teleported to where ever the ring had landed just like the time minutes before.

But he was still at the same place. He looked down at the books laying at his feet. He didn't teleport; he couldn't.

 

"No...no...," he was beginning let fear take over him when he forced his eyes shut once more and tried remembering what it felt like.

 

Let it find you...Stay calm and let it grasp on to you...

 

He heard a voice speak. It wasn't his conscious nor was it anyone else's voice he knew of. But it sounded far too familiar and he decided to obey it.

And in which seemed like hours for Jongin there was another snap! And he vanished out of the room leaving no trace behind him.

 

 

***

 

Suho watched as Beakhyun grunted sleepily.

 

"Yah!..." Suho shout out slamming the pillow on his hand down Baekhyun's face that was half covered by his blanket with ducks on it.

"...How can you get up from your bed and come to the couch and sleep again! Wake up! You are going to get late!"

 

"Hmm"

 

Suho sighed in frustration watching Baekhyun not move an inch despite him screaming at the top of his voice early in the morning. 

It was getting way too out of hand for everyone at Xiumin's place to wake Baekhyun up to make him go to school every morning now. Suho was responsible for it but it generally took everyone at the household to throw a punch across Baekhyun's face to wake him up.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter